All Comments on 'Betrayed Ch. 03'

by Cromagnonman

Sort by:
  • 10 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Some Notes On Your View of the Bible

You couldn't have written page 3 without total disbelief in the Bible. Your archeology and understanding is simply wrong.

1) The two accounts are not to be taken literally. What is a "day" before the creation of the sun?

2) Science, by definition, has to be testable and repeatable. Thus "Cosmology" is not a science. It is creative literature, not literature of creation.

3) The destruction of the old dynasties and the Hyksos domination all seem to support a major upheaval, such as the exodus.

4) The "sun standing still" for Joshua is reported in Indian and Chinese chronicles.

In South and Central America the moon stood still! Clearly not a simple retelling of the story.

5) The walls of Jericho, up to three meters thick, fell inward, all around the city. In an ordinary earthquake the walls would fall in the same direction.... in on one side and out on the other

6) Thousands of clay tablets give uys a picture oif Ebrium, the city of Shem and Ever..

The list of current archeological confirmations of Biblical accounts Is very long.

Don't confuse the evils of organized churches with their supposedly Biblical origins.

While a "church" run by pedophiles, castrating choirboys and creating the Inquisition

does not represent "G-D", the Bible is His word.

CromagnonmanCromagnonmanabout 11 years agoAuthor
Expected Rant

The rantings of the person hiding behind the Anonymous tag was exactly what I expected, it was as ill informed as it was tunnel visioned. To approach the history of the Old Testament on the basis of: 'if it is possible that this fits Bible history then it must be true' is no way to get to the truth. All archaelogical findings that support the Bible come from that attitude, the many findings that do not support this are based on provable science. It doesn't take anything more than using our God given powers of observation and reason to figure out the the Bible history is based, not on provable fact, but on legend handed down by word of mouth for many centuries before being committed to print.

The Creation myth in Genesis is a case in point. On day one (however long that took) God created the heavens and the Earth. What are the heavens? A whole bunch of stars with planets orbitting around them. The Earth could not have existed without the sun but, according to the Bible the sun wasn't placed into the sky until day four. The Bible account only holds up if the Earth is the centre of the universe, something we now know is not true.

To attempt to link the Hyksos Domination and eviction from Egypt to the 'Exodus' is another 'grasping at straws' attempt at a dubious 'proof'. For this to be valid the Hyksos would have had to have been slaves not administrators, and there would have had to have been a leader called Moses to lead them from Egypt. There is no record of a person by that name in the histories. The assumption now is that they were chased by the Pharoah, not to bring them back but to see that they left.The Bible may be the word of God but it was written by man to suit man's agenda.

Much of the Old Testament was written at the time that the Israelites were held captive by the Assyrians and were a morality tale that told them that they were there because of their disobedience to God.

In his final paragraph the writer seems to have either labled me a Catholic, or to assume that my views are based on Catholicism. Neither is the case. I am a non-denominational Christian.

CM

fanfarefanfarealmost 11 years ago
"Betrayed" chps. - 02 & 03 by ultracrepidarians

As for the phallacies of biblical exceptionalism, I ask the question: which licensed printing of which official edition of which politically compromised version of which contested belief system, based on which filtered interpretations of which multiple differing translations of which [verified by linguistic and semantic analysis] surviving uncensored original source material?

What surprised me is the lack of comments by all the usual anonymousie suspects who invariably spew out their misogynist venom. Demanding that a female cheat is always a whore and a cheat and must be viciously tortured to death in front of her children, too the acclaim of these trolls as they rub off another cheap thrill with their teeny weenys.

I have noticed, across the Literotica postings, that these hypocritical vermin rarely demand any punishment or acceptance of personal responsibility for that matter, when male characters are written as sluts and bimbos.

Sam37Sam37about 10 years ago
Disappointing

I don't have enough capacity for suspension of disbelief to accept the main character. She went from a mousy, quiet, naive girl to verbose philosopher in a matter of days.

Basically, you pulled a Dan Brown on us. The writing and the plot were solid initially, then your hatred of the Christian Church became the focal point of the story. I won't even bother trying to convince you of the errors, because your mind is as closed as the ones you accuse of being so.

Way to ruin a decent tale with philosophical ranting. You are a better writer than this.

rightbankrightbankalmost 10 years ago
Well, so much for the original story

No more talk of the Swan. No more personal development. No more nurturing and progress in interpersonal relationships.

Instead it turned into a rant against organized religion and scientific vs. biblical truth.

oh well. woulda, coulda, shoulda.

TavadelphinTavadelphinalmost 9 years ago
Quite the rant agaonst the hypocrits

You must have met a few - you know them so well -

There is a difference between faith and blind obedience -

Many will never learn what it is.

TootsallTootsallalmost 9 years ago
Wow!

Never thought I'd read a story by someone whose thoughts on the "Evangelical/Born Again/Charismatic/Christian" church align so perfectly well with my own. Might even go so far as to check out a couple of your references for future use against those self-professed "Super-Christians" (Not that they would listen anyway)

FustZightFustZightalmost 6 years ago
Wordy

Far too much long-winded pontificating and not enough story. Noone that I know speaks in such paragraphs. Whilst I don't disagree with many of your views, I don't want them shoved down my throat in such an unpalatable way. Many of your stories are much better than this.

chytownchytownalmost 3 years ago
Thanks For Sharing*****

What a fine piece of story telling. Very entertaining read. Thanks again!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Maybe if Ruth forgot her birth control pills, she'd have another job-MOMMY. Other than formality, she is a loving wife and her husband thinks she's the greatest, as she does him. Bring on the kids, she'd be a good mommy... 10 stars, please write more!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userCromagnonman@Cromagnonman
1265 Followers
I'm a pretty normal average male, chronologically well over 18 but psychologically I'm not so sure. I have been writing as a hobby for many years and now that I have time on my hands I am looking to become more professional at it. I enjoy reading, morning walks along the river...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

Betrayed Ch. 02 Previous Part
Betrayed Series Info