All Comments on 'Between the Bars Pt. 07'

by carsonshepherd

Sort by:
  • 121 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
I love your work so much....

OMG I love your work so much I dunno wut I like more.. Between the Bars or Whole Heart. They are both good. You wrote such a perfect ending... but man I got all PISSED at wut Michael said to Ry... I was like HELL NO YOU DIDN'T!!! lol.. but anyways I hope to see more fantastic work from you kk? -hugs&kisses-

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
fan

i love every work , thank you. please write more stories.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
the end :(

"Not leaving are you? Please stay."

I struggled not to let the tears form in my eyes. Loved him so much, felt his pain but so fucking happy he was alive and here with me. "I'll be right here, Daniel, I'm not leaving. I'll stay as long you need me."

"Need you always."

His fingers caught at mine and I held his hand tight as he drifted off. "Always works," I told him, smiling through the tears I finally let fall.

*******************************

GUH...this has been such a wonderful emotional ride. You've given us an intriguing, fun, sexy story with characters so rich I'm convinced they're real. ;)

I'm going to miss Rylan and Daniel (any chance at all of a sequel?) and this story. I loved the way you slowly and engrossingly revealed each layer of the characters and the plot. Your writing has this subtle way of engaging me as a reader and allowing me to FEEL the story and that's unique.

thank you for sharing this! HB

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
Thank You!

I have loved reading your writing and the story is amzing. I never knew I could become so involved with characters in a story but I did and I loved it. Please keep up the good work and keep posting stories.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
Fabulous

Sexy, sweet, touching...your writing has it all. Thanks for a great read.

hollieVhollieValmost 18 years ago
One Fantabulously Sensuous & Sweet Adventure

You should win some kind of prize...or better yet, get paid for this one. All of your stories are gorgeous, and this BTB's right up in the top. Thank you for sharing Rylan & Daniel with us.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
Amazing

Everything about the story was phenomenal. Thank you!!

DAZ1989DAZ1989almost 18 years ago
Without comparison

I am so glad you are being published and I can add you to my collection. Natural, flowing, erotic...perfect on many levels. Once again an absolute pleasure.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
Fantastic

Omg, AMAZING work. I stayed the whole night for this (because I couldn't stop reading it) even though I've got morning class in two hours time. Thank you for sharing Danny and Ry with us. (:

DanishGirlDanishGirlover 17 years ago
Puhhh

What a marathon session reading this story! But I guess you know no one would hang on to the end if it was not for the high quality of the story ;)

I love how the sex seem to fall natural in the story - so often it is put in there just to be there. But here I felt that every sex scene told us something about their relationship - it just felt integrated.

I was pleased the detective story did not take over to much - after all it is just the facilitator, that lets the two lovers spend enough time together to fall in love in stead of running away from each other scared.

All in all I think you balanched the realationship and the crime story very well.

lillibetlillibetover 17 years ago
Gorgeous

I really superb story; very well written, lovely characterisation and extremely hot! Not as dark as “Between Want and Need to” but still exploring the same kind of issues on trust that you do so well. Highly addictive reading of a quality not found often enough in published works, let alone on the net. Keep it going :-)

aliceayresaliceayresover 17 years ago
Damn! Hot!

Wow. You're good. I read this story in several shots (long, it is) and enjoyed every single one of the chapters. High priases galore. This is damn amazing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
excellent

I've rarely read a story that well written. You're able to cover a lot of other topics as well. You might think about becoming a professional writer. You know your stuff and obviously did good research.

I found the sexy part highly erotic, but not the central issue. The central issue was for me the love between two men in a difficult situation. I rate your story at least an A-.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Wondeful!

Absolutely wonderful...Don't you ever stop writing!

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Beautiful!

This story was so good I cried. Thank you!

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
OMG!

I loved every minute of this story, well done. The characters come alive for you as you read. Loved it keep writing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
woWOWOWOWOWOWOWO

Unbelivable! It's fucking hot and it has an awesome story. I took like 4 hours to read all of it, it was enjoyable. You're a gifted writer, this is a very cute and romantic story :] I love you, you're my hero!

PS I love you

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
Wow!

Loved the story and I stayed up till 3 in the morning to read all of the installments!!Totally well written and I got right into the characters. The sex was great too, it fell right into the story and just fit so well. I'm a very happily married heterosexual woman and you got me hot! You will have to post it if you ever decide to publish!! I would definetly would pay to buy your stories.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
Brilliant

I have read all of Between the Bars, just loved it, so sexy and sweet with suprisingly real emotions. Please write more stories like this. Thank you for sharing it with us. xx

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
PAST TENSE!

It was good, nice plot. But the last 3(?) editions you wrote in past tense, and it totally ruined it. All works of literature are written in present tense all the time, the past tense make it sound like a dumb story instead of a hot realisitc story, which it could have been.

Tom CollinsTom Collinsabout 17 years ago
One Comment For The Whole Work...

carson, you already know that I love reading your stories, so me enjoying this one immensely is rather a given. *grin* The best way I can think to tell you what a pleasure this one was is to say that I would have been enthralled with the tale even in a PG form. I’m not saying you should write without the sex, ‘cause you do those bits just as splendidly as the rest, but I, and I’m certain many others, would read you without the spice because the meat Grade A, prime quality.

This is definitely your finest work to date, and that’s saying something, babe.

Stella_OmegaStella_Omegaalmost 17 years ago
I've come back to this again

Carson, I remember reading bits of this when you were writing it. I never had the chance to read it all in one (rather long, it's now 2:30 AM) sitting, and It's just gorgeous!

I love these characters, each with his own particular personality, and the way-- after the first rush of need pushes them together- the slow blossoming of concern and friendship-- and love-- is nurtured and made inevitable.

gorgeous, I say again. :)

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
The Best!

Sometimes a quick and dirty story is what I'm looking for but your stories are so rich with charchters that feel real. Leaving me excited, tense, aching, hot and that warm afterglow of love right along with Daniel and Rylan. Real motivations and hang-ups...and a well crafted and driven plot to boot!! Can't ask for more...except more stories!

I stumbled on one of your stories (I'm a straight woman) and now can't get enough of your writting. Thank you for sharing your talent-Jen

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
wow

don't stop writing, you're really good!

TigressGeminiTigressGeminiover 16 years ago
This was worth losing sleep over.

I stumbled upon part one of this story quite by accident but from the first page I was drawn in. Most erotic fiction is all sex and no story but this genuinely reads like a romance novel...only hotter. I want you to know I stayed up till past 3am reading this last night and couldn't wait to get online tonight to finish. You have great talent. The characters were convincing and the dialogue realistic. Good job.

~TigressGemini

MilkChocolateAmazonMilkChocolateAmazonabout 16 years ago
Wow! Amazing!

This was totally worth missing a night out for. Was so sensual, loving and sexy. Loved Rylan (gorgeous name) and Daniel. This story has so many tender and hot moments it made it an extreme pleasure to read. Their chemistry was mind blowing. WOW!!! Well Done.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 16 years ago
Absolutely LOVED it!!

What can I say that everyone else hasn't? This is the second time I have read this and when I finished I felt the same as I did the first time. I love your writing. Don't ever stop!!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 16 years ago
So worth it!

I stayed up all night for this, but it was so worth it. It felt like literature, it was so well put together, so emotionally charged. I feel like Rylan and Daniel will be in my heart forever.

FrteacherFrteacherabout 16 years ago
I love your stories

Carson-

I read some of your stories a few years back and loved them. Then somehow I stumbled upon this one. I read the entire thing- from star to finish- this weekend, staying up way too late last night, but loved every second. You are a wonderful writer. Please keep it up!

Scarlett09Scarlett09almost 16 years ago
Wow

So.. I just finished reading several of your stories. Absolutely delicious. love love loved it. Good luck with your degrees, though, I do hope you continue writing occasionally!

bigblueyesbigblueyesover 15 years ago
Amazing

I just finished all of the series. And I loved it. Everything was so well written, the characters were so real. I mean, I could feel myself getting nervous when Rylan woke up and Daniel wasn't there. I mean, I actually started to shake. It was amazing. I just want to say, keep up the good work, and I hope to see more from you.

funfun0587funfun0587about 15 years ago
LOVED IT!!!!!

This story is so beautiful and romantic...I have read everyone of your stories and loved them all!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 15 years ago
wow!!!!

there are few authors on literotica who write well enough for me to want to read past their first story. well i've read this entire series as well as all of your other submissions and I must say i'm thoroughly impressed! thank you!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 15 years ago
Surprised!

There are very few books that take over my life, ones that I can't put down or focus on anything else until they are finished, and there are no short stories like that...until now. My mind and body wouldn't let myself feel in the least bit satisfied until I had completed this final chapter. You are beyond brilliant and your writing seems to overtake my life! Thank you, thank you, thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 15 years ago
Amazing!!!

Ive never been so obsessed with finishing a story-let alone a short-until Between the Bars. I loved it and I couldnt stop reading! You are an amazing author and I plan on reading all your other stories! I want to be a writer and I hope that the day comes that I can weave a story as intriging as yours. =^-^= ~Ricky

TransverseTransverseabout 15 years ago
Totally

mind blowing. Write a novel and sell it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
Fantastic!

Truly an amazing piece of work. Your writing style is wonderful and with hardly an error in sight. I can't wait to devour your other works!

ColleteSarkozyColleteSarkozyalmost 15 years ago
You need to make it in to a book

omg..you need to get this story published it is great ..such a wonderful love story. Omg you are a prolific storyteller. I hope to see more stories from you.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
I'm pretty sure I can die happy now.

So I originally started reading the series just to get off...and then the gun fell out of Daniel's bag...and I was hooked. I spent the entire weekend reading this and became emotionally attached to Rylan and Daniel. You REALLY need to publish this. Truely magnificent. (Oh by the way, I kept picturing Chris Pine, aka captain Kirk from Star Trek, as Daniel. I dont know why, but it was HOTT!)

taxpapabobtaxpapabobover 14 years ago
Peace. Love. Home.

And thus concludes a superb, sexy, deeply romantic novel. Great hot sex! (I personally don't care for S&M or leather or sex toys, but that's just me; so I don't like the sex in the final chapter.) Great intrigue & action! And beautifully conceived plot twists, well paced! This would make a swell feature film -- but how the hell could we depict the sex, or the subtlely shifting emotions involved in the profound, devoted, patiently developed love between the two men? This is a great saga of romance. So complete your studies and get back to writing -- PLEASE!

AlitheAlitheover 14 years ago
Sweet

The sex was hot and the plot was interesting, but easy to follow. The writing was excellent as well. Such a promising gay romance story.

thatgirllitthatgirllitover 14 years ago
Completely unexpected.

It's 5:23AM...I have to go to work in a few hours...and I just finished reading Behind Bars. I was completely taken aback to find this quality of writing on this site. This is without a doubt my favorite story on this site. Please do let us know if it is ever lengthen, not that it needs it...and published either electronically or in print.

xxmurakamixxxxmurakamixxover 14 years ago
awesome

man, ,i love it! it was simple but it was great.. :P kip it up!:) i'll follow every story u're gonna make.:) jope there is more to come..

itumaudlinitumaudlinover 14 years ago
love it

i hope you can publish this, or if it's published where can i purchase it? it's a beautiful romance novel.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Finally!

I knew the title of this story rang a bell, it's the title of a song too!!! Madeleine Peyroux if I am not very much mistaken! Album Careless Love?

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
WOWZERS......

I am with the other poster....read this to get off then the gun falls out of the bag......great stuff! I feel guilty like I should have bought this somewhere.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
Wow.

I really hoped you stopped writing and submitting stories because you got published!! That story was amazing, loved every moment of it!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
One of the best.

Awesum story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago

I am full of compliments. The writing is superb, the plot is interesting, the length of the story is perfect and the sex is hot as! I love the depth of the characters - main and minor - and the array of emotions the narrator discloses. Although I'm not generally a fan of cop stories, I found myself enthralled the first AND second reading. I am really impressed with your work. Thanks!

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Wonderful.

Simply wonderful is all I can say.

Morrigans_FaolanMorrigans_Faolanabout 13 years ago

"I thought I was different somehow, damaged, that nobody could really know me and still love me the way I am."

The beauty of this entire story for me is how you take Rylan through everything necessary to confront that belief and get past it enough to trust and love Daniel. Just incredible!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago

I just read this ENTIRE story in one sitting...so I definitely understand Rylan's end-of-the-story pain at this point. ;) Anyway, besides all that - I loved your story. The plot, the characters, the action, everything!!! (And yes, 3 exclamation points IS necessary.) Can't wait to see what else you come up with.

xo!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
Perfect.

You're a terrific writer. Hope you're continuing to do it, even if we're not the lucky recipients. xoxo

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
Awesome

I absolutely loved this story. Had all the right aspects, danger, love, sex! Awesome read!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
Beautifully crafted

I read it all and this has to be one of the best fiction I've ever read.

All the elements that makes a good story is there.

And I do like the first person naration too.

I truly enjoy and love this.

Just breathtaking stunning :)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago

This has to be one of the best stories out there. Love it. So good that I could not even stop had to finish this series.

fithotguyfithotguyabout 13 years ago
WOW

this is the best gay male romance ive read; so real both the physical and emotional

TopBitchKTopBitchKalmost 13 years ago
FANTASTIC

One of the better stories I have read! :)

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago

Perfect.

Darby4186Darby4186almost 13 years ago
Excellent crafting

You have orchestrated the finest piece of literature ever. You had me on the edge with tension and enraptured with passion and enthralled with emotion. It was perfect. I cried, I laughed, and I cheered with joy. You really hit on raw pure emotions and mental understanding and insight. Excellent work. I would love to read more of your work (including the sic-fi piece that's really your secret ambition instead of Rylan's. Please keep writing and letting us live a vicarious existence through you characters!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago

omgod i wannna just run up to you and hug you....this is so...so..i dont even know what words to use to describe what i experienced as i read this story from beginning to end not once pausing...i walked with my laptop into the bath down the stairs to make a sandwich and etc. i mean wow.....i wanna like read everything u have written now bcuz ur such a great writer i mean wowwwwwwwwwwwwww.....loved it awesome amazingly great....just wowwww

TopBitchKTopBitchKover 12 years ago
SECOND TIME....

I never tire of reading this series. Hope you come back to these characters in the future! :)

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago

your an amazing writer, you manage to draw in your audience & get them riding the roller coaster of emotions along with the characters :-) keep up the great work xo

NenneNenneover 12 years ago
Amazing!

This was hot, so hot and with such a great plotline too. I really, really enjoyed this!

TheSecretPervertTheSecretPervertover 12 years ago

My computer nearly died because I was so ... into your story that I was too lazy to get the cord so it could be energized. x'D

And I care about my computer a lot.

Your story is my computers arch enemy~ Kudos to you! 8D

cliffgirl08cliffgirl08over 12 years ago
carsonshepherd

You are a world-class writer, and if you are not professionally publishing, shame on you. I loved the characters of Rylan and Daniel- they were so real. The way love built between them, and the plot that wouldn't let me stop reading at night and get to sleep. This is definitely one of my favorite stories on the site.

hk47enclavehk47enclaveover 12 years ago

Truly amazing story.

:)

kinkster000kinkster000about 12 years ago
A New Favorite

Halfway through part 1 of this story, I made you a favorite author. I couldn't put it away until I got to the end. I love a good story and this is one of the best I've ever read - online or anywhere else. But more than that, your talent shines! I've got to read everything else you've posted. I hope you will continue to give us new stuff. And I agree that you should be published (if you aren't already). Keep up the great work!!

avidreadravidreadrabout 12 years ago

Excellent story. Loved the people.

Babycake22Babycake22about 12 years ago
Amazing

This story was amazing. I couldn't put it down. I was up until 5 am reading this story I just had to know how it ended. And once I DID go to sleep I ended up dreaming about Ry and Daniel!! I am begging you, BEGGING you to make another series! KEEP WRITING! What kind of person would you be if you denied the world you talent? hmmm? I agree with the other comments. If you are not a published author, I would seriously think about it. Good luck. Keep writing.

Your loyal reader, Babycake22.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Just read it again

I admire your writing talent so much. I am madly in love with your characters, your style, the pacing and the slow reveal of inner lives. The erotic scenes are so hot and make me hopeful for a world where everyone can be themselves, love who they want and ask for what they need. Bravo.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
OMG!!

This is such a great story! I've read it numerous times and I completely fell in love with Rylan and Daniel from the beginning! I really think this should become a novel! I would buy it in a hot second. Good job Carson!

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Beautiful. And they deserve more.

Great story. And I was unexpectedly filled with emotion when they said "I do" but acknowledged that where they (you) are, marriage is not their right. I know this is a fact, but because of my belief that this is a basic right and I'm Canadian and hetero and married... This part of the story resonated as SO WRONG. I truly and deeply hope it is someday (soon) rewritten as it should be: with two people in love getting married (if they choose) and having full rights. Thank you for writing this story.

vettyvettyover 11 years ago
What a read!

OMG!! Your story series was the best read I have had in ages.... So erotic, so much raw emotion, so amazing!

kuroukiphoenyxkuroukiphoenyxover 11 years ago
********** ten stars

!!!You and Aramathea (sp)......SENSATIONAL.....

It is one of only 3 stories I have read on this website since 2008 that met these 3 criteria:

I dodged reading it; I read it because there was nothing else to read; Then read it from start to finish. I started reading the story at 12 o'clock midnight and it is now 215 in the morning This story was sensational

lonesomedove66lonesomedove66over 11 years ago
*****Ten Stars*****

I have to agree with all comments. You are a brilliant writer and this is the third time that I have read this story but the first time I have completed all chapters. I love your characters, they are so real and genuine and I must agree when the "I do" part came well I cried it was so romantic and it is wrong that two people in love can't show that the way they would like but I loved the story

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
The Best

I have not read a good story like this in Ages! I feel like you really put yourself into your characters and I thank you. I thank you for giving me the privilege to read them. I consider it a privilege. You are very talented. Scratch that. Extremely talented and I hope you get very far. If you have published a book or something, let me know in some way because you have my whole support. Thanks again!

SanguineAffairSanguineAffairover 11 years ago
Brilliant.

That is all.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago

This is still my favorite story of all time.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
I hope

you are writing full time now. I hope you come here and look at your comments from time to time. I've read this countless times over the years, and I love it the same every time. It will never fall off the first page if I have anything to do with it.

lonleylucaslonleylucasabout 11 years ago
so sweet

i absolutely loved the ending

lonleylucaslonleylucasalmost 11 years ago
wish i could see more of these 2

read this twice and still love it

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Wow!

Thank you for sharing this story with us! Really well done. Sexy and intriguing story. I didn't expect to come across this caliber of writing here and am really glad I clicked on the link to your story! Now I'm off to see what else you've written... :-)

lonesomedove66lonesomedove66almost 11 years ago
The more I read it

the more I love it. Such a brilliant and gripping story from start to finish

dairetodairetoover 10 years ago
such a great story.

Loved the characters and story line.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago

What a great book. Thank you for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
All-time Favorite

This is the best story I have ever read on this site and believe me, I have read a lot. Thank you for that beautiful gift. Never stop writing because you are very talented.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Hands-down, best story on Literotica.

I'd love to buy and read anything at all you write. This was perfect.

dairetodairetoover 10 years ago
Loved it again

Such a great story

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago

Loved the story. Great writing. Only disappointment is I would love to know what happened with Michael and Daniel in Tallahassee.

Headhunter22Headhunter22about 10 years ago
Love it!

I very very much enjoyed your story! Couldn't stop reading. Well done!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
WOW!

I loved this! I laughed, I cried, and I rubbed myself raw! Keep up the great work.

dairetodairetoalmost 10 years ago
Just beautiful

Loved it

Dutchgirl82Dutchgirl82over 9 years ago
big contented smile

Loved to read it, love the end.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago

I really enjoyed your story. It mixed intellect with intense sex, which is a great combination when its done right, which you did perfectly. Thank you so much for sharing. I wanted to know if you thought about writing about Ryan and Daniels BDSM journey. I think your readers would enjoy that

Tom7JerryTom7Jerryover 9 years ago
Perfect

I really enjoyed this series. Like you've read from previous comments, it was well written. Everything was just perfect. I kind of wanted to know what ended up happening with Michael. I wanted confessions and rejection. Kind of a boundary put up but I am very happy with how it all came together in the end. :)

TM

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Climax

Great climax. Well written.

alwayscookiealwayscookieabout 9 years ago
amazing

Fantastic story! What a great build of characters, I'm sad it ended! :)

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Amazingly Wonderful Series...

...that I have just finished reading for the umpteenth time and feel compelled to bump up onto the feedback page so more people become aware of it, as it has only received one comment so far this year and deserves at least several comments a month.

It has 98 comments, which is a lot for a GM story, even after all this time, and they are all accolades, except for one criticism of the tense used in the last few chapters.

I can relate to Rylan in particular, as having my own abuse issues and being somewhat submissive, it has not been easy finding the right, caring partner to top me.

I also love how Daniel and Rylan come from disparate milieus: the military/special ops/police world, and the academic/PhD/pop fiction world, and yet these two lonely, damaged people mesh lovingly under dire circumstances.

Carson, I hope you are still writing. If you are posting or selling your work elsewhere, as have some of the GM authors who started here, please let us know where, so we can avail ourselves of your awesome talent.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Ry and Daniel

A great story. I hope the boys like living at the farm with Ry's family. They are so forgiving and not like a lot of people in big cities.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous