Beyond Sol Bk. 01 Pt. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"No problem. Tell the doc I said hello," he answered.

The unnamed large man clapped me on the shoulder, then turned to scowl at a passing kitchen hand before berating him for not moving fast enough. His shouts were quickly drowned out by the rest of the kitchen staff's clamouring and shouting within seconds. I pocketed my map before grabbing the cardboard box of food. I desperately wanted to dig into it, but needed to make sure Shara was okay and get us both the fuck out of here. It would only be so long until someone found out I'd taken a guard's uniform and escaped. Then I'd be done for, and so would Shara.

I made my way through the indicated door and down the narrow passageway. The corridors looked like service tunnels to give staff easy access to the main areas but keep them out of the way, and I wondered how well guarded they were. I was probably inside a top-secret government facility in the middle of nowhere with layers of defences, securities, and armed guards. They probably weren't concerned about people sneaking into this part of the facility undetected and using the staff access corridors.

I walked past the door to the barracks. Part of me wanted to check it out for anything I could loot that might help me escape. But then I ran through multiple encounters I might have in there. Men could be asleep, or they could be awake and chatting. They'd want to know who I was and what I was up to, and I couldn't very well keep my balaclava on in the barracks without raising suspicions. If an alarm went out for an escaped prisoner, I'd be right in the middle of a hornet's nest. It would be too much of a risk for what could be nothing in return.

I made the final turn and came to the lone door at the end of the corridor. I pulled out my map to check it one last time to make sure I knew where I was going. If the big man from the kitchen was truthful—I had no reason to think he wasn't--I'd be coming out right in the medical wing's waiting room. There'd probably be someone on the reception desk and possibly people waiting inside the room to see a doctor. It would probably be too suspicious if I came straight out of the service corridors and left the waiting room. I glanced down at the box of food in my hands and sighed.

It was my only real choice.

I pushed through the door and found myself in a pristine white room. Several potted plants were dotted around the room, spaced evenly around the white leather couches and matching coffee tables. Magazines and newspapers were stacked neatly on the tables, giving the room a genuine doctor's office vibe. I wasn't sure what I expected from the medical room, but it wasn't a standard-looking practitioner's waiting room.

"Hello, can I help you?"

A woman's voice drew my attention to a curved white desk against the far wall, opposite the main double doors. The woman the voice belonged to was quite pretty, in her middle years, with long blonde hair pulled into a tight ponytail.

"Ahh, yeah," I stammered. "I was told to bring lunch for the doctor."

I held out the cardboard takeaway box. The smell coming from the box was still making my mouth water, and I was reluctant to hand it over. But it was a great cover and would quell any suspicions as to why I was here.

"Which doctor? And from who?" the woman asked.

"I don't remember, I was just passing through the kitchen, and I was handed this by a large, heavyset man and told to bring it to the doc," I explained.

"That would be Gordon," the woman smiled. "I know who it's for. I can take it from you. Thank you."

I crossed the room and placed the box of food on her desk. She gave me a welcoming smile as I did, and her attitude seemed to change immediately at the mention of the man in the kitchen. I guessed he must have been a good friend or someone she trusted, which worked perfectly for me.

"You have a good day," I said, then turned to leave through the main doors.

"I don't believe I've seen you around here before," she said, stopping me in my tracks.

"I'm the new guy," I said, turning to face her.

I decided it was best to keep up the ruse of being the new guy. Someone would start asking questions sooner or later, and I wanted to keep my story straight.

"I meet all the new men when they come in for physicals," she said.

I felt my hands grow sweaty as I started to panic. She might ask to see my I.D or show my face; then it would be all over. I would have bet the remaining money in my bank account that she had an alarm button somewhere on her desk she could press, and that the room would be flooded with armed guards in seconds. I could take her out, but I was too far away from the desk to do anything but shoot her. Or use the taser. I didn't want to kill the woman for simply doing her job, and I hadn't used a taser in my life. I wasn't even sure I knew how to turn the damn thing on.

"Sorry, I don't know what to say," I said in an apologetic tone. "I'm not great with doctors or hospitals."

"I see," she said after a moment of thought. "Just be sure to come and see one of the doctors when your shift is over. We can only let the physical slide for so long."

The receptionist stood from her desk, grabbed the box of food, and headed down one of the hallways on either side of her desk. She'd dismissed me without a word, but I didn't care; she had bought my story. That was the third time today that I talked my way past an encounter.

I spun on my heel and strode through the double doors but stopped before heading into the corridor outside. I pulled the map from my pocket to triple-check where I was going. I was only a few passages away from the entrance to cellblock A. There would most likely be a checkpoint at the entrance to that wing of the facility, and potentially many soldiers set to guard Shara. She was obviously of much more importance than I was, so these men would likely take their jobs far more seriously.

I pocketed the map and stepped into the hallway, only to be welcomed by the wailing of an alarm. Flashing lights bathed the broad corridor in a red hue as the deafening alarms announced to the whole facility that something was wrong.

"Fuck, fuck, fuck," I muttered to myself.

They must have found the guards locked away in my cell and realised I'd escaped. They would know I was in one of their uniforms by now, and they'd check everyone's face. I quickly rummaged through the pockets of my vest and pulled out an I.D swipe card. It showed the guard's face I'd stripped the gear from, but it might help just having the thing on me. I slipped it into an easy-to-access pocket before heading down the corridor in the direction of cellblock A.

The corridors were mostly clear, as I made my way to the cellblock without issue. Once I'd seen half a dozen guards cross my path, it was clear they had seen me, but none stopped to question me. They were heading in the same direction I was, which made me wonder if the alarm was for me.

I put my mind back to the task at hand and started running through scenarios in my head. I'd probably have to talk my way through some more guards when I reached the cellblocks. They'd want to know why a lone soldier was coming to what I suspected was a restricted area. I didn't think it would be as easy as the first two I passed.

I rounded the final corner that led to my destination, but where I'd expected to see a battalion of armed men pointing their weapons at me, all I saw was a heavily reinforced door. I pulled out my security card and stepped up to the panel beside the entrance to swipe it through the scanner. The machine beeped, and a red light flashed on the scanner. I guess this card didn't have clearance, and I wasn't going to be able to break the door down; it looked strong enough to withstand a rocket launcher.

Just as I was about to give up, I saw the faint orange glow. It was around the card-swipe scanner I had just used. The glowing aura hadn't led me wrong yet, so I felt around the edges of the scanner and found what I needed. Once I found the latch, the cover came off, and beneath it was a keypad. The glow shifted and hovered over the number seven. I pressed the key, and the glow moved to the number three. I continued pressing where the orange glowing light went until the scanner beeped and displayed a green light.

The door popped open, and I punched my fist into the air in triumph.

"Fuck yeah," I said to myself.

I had no idea what the orange aura was or how it was helping me, but I sure was glad it was there. I suspected it had something to do with Shara, but she'd said she couldn't read minds, so it didn't make sense how she would know such a complicated passcode.

I drew the pistol I didn't know how to use from the holster on my thigh, and after a half-dozen seconds, I'd figured out how to eject the magazine and turn the safety off. I hadn't used a real gun before, but I played enough shooter games to give me an idea of what to do. I checked to make sure there was a round in the chamber, then stepped through the door into cellblock A.

Chapter 5

I immediately noticed a vast difference between cellblock A and where I'd been locked up. Each intersection had steel barred doors and cameras covering every corridor. I found it strange that they had so many cameras and security measures in this wing but little to none in the other. I guessed that this facility didn't take on many prisoners, and that the cellblock I'd been in was hardly ever used. They probably only put me there to keep as much distance between Shara and me as possible.

My keycard worked in the doors inside the wing, which I was thankful for, but I didn't have a clue where they were holding Shara. I wandered through the corridors, checking the peephole in each cell door. It wasn't an efficient course of action—especially with the alarm sounding and alerting the whole building to my escape—but it was the only plan I had. Then I remembered the map.

The map had been invaluable to my escape so far, and the strange orange glow could potentially help me find the alien woman. I holstered my pistol and dug the map out of my pocket but was disappointed when I failed to see the visual guide that had helped me so far. I didn't know what triggered the strange swirl of orange lights that showed up when I needed something, but I'd grown accustomed to it helping me.

The sound of boots thudding on the hard concrete floor drew my attention away from my map. I stuffed the piece of paper back in my pocket, fished out the keycard, and swiped it over the scanner to the nearest door. I took cover inside the empty cell and pulled the door closed, leaving only a tiny gap so that I could keep an eye on the corridor. Less than twenty seconds after I took cover, I saw them. Half a dozen black-uniformed men rounded the corner from the path I had come. Each with their pistols drawn. In the centre of the small group, I saw a man I knew too well, Marcus Gibson.

My white-haired interrogator.

Had they tracked me to this cell block that quickly? I doubted they had, but maybe there were cameras I hadn't seen that had followed my movement. If that were the case, they would know exactly where I was. No, they were here for someone else, and only one other person could draw this much heat.

Shara.

I waited a few seconds before ducking out of the cell I'd hid in. I quickly picked up my pace but avoided running in case my footsteps announced my arrival. I had to stop suddenly when I rounded the corner and nearly bowled into the back of the group of soldiers. I bumped into the man in front of me, but he just glared at me before turning his attention back to Marcus.

"The specimen needs to be taken alive, stun batons and tasers only," Marcus shouted over the alarm to the gathered men. "If I see a lethal weapon drawn, I'll shoot you myself."

Marcus eyed each man in turn as he addressed them and held their gaze until each of them holstered their firearm. He passed over me for a moment, and I saw the spark of recognition that made my chest tighten from fear. A smile spread across his stupid, smug face.

"Remove your masks," he ordered.

None of the soldiers hesitated to remove their black balaclavas, and I knew I was busted. If I stalled for even a second, they'd be onto me. The only chance I had was to hit first and deal with the consequences later. I wasn't going back into that cell.

I'd rather die first.

I brought the pistol in my hand up to the soldier who'd glared at me earlier. The man's body concealed my movements as I raised the barrel to the back of his head. I wasn't thrilled at the idea of murdering this man, but he was one of many that I'd have to kill if I was going to get out of here alive. These men were my enemy, and my life and freedom depended on my ability to pull the proverbial and literal trigger.

The gun kicked in my hand as I squeezed the trigger. The pistol was only a small calibre, but I was firing at point-blank range, and my target's head was unarmoured. The soldier slumped to the ground immediately, and I switched to the next closest guard. The gun kicked twice more, and he went down with matching bullet holes in his forehead. I began to swing the barrel of my pistol to my next target, but a bullet whizzed past my head, and I threw myself backward as I scrambled around the corner. More gunshots filled the corridor as the rest of the squad opened fire on the position I'd just vacated.

"You're more resourceful than I gave you credit for, Jason," Marcus called out once the gunfire ceased. "It's my fault, really. I should have put more security on you."

"Yeah. Ya think?" I called out.

I poked my head around the corner, only to pull it back immediately. Bullets slammed into the concrete where my face was a split second before. These guys were good shots, and they had me outnumbered. I doubted I could win this fight. I did have the advantage of being in the corridor leading to the cell block entrance. I could quite easily backtrack and hide in one of the hallways off the main corridor and wait. Or I could head into the facility and lose myself in the crowds of other soldiers. But that would leave Shara in here all by herself, and I wouldn't leave her.

I poked my pistol around the corner and squeezed off a few more shots. I had no idea if I'd hit anyone or if I'd even made them take cover. I was still surprised I'd even worked up the courage to shoot the damn thing, let alone shoot two men in a matter of seconds.

"You may as well give up, Jason," Marcus called out again. "There's no way you're getting out of here."

Marcus was really starting to piss me off. He was so sure of himself and everything he did. But in this instance, he was right. I needed to come up with one hell of a plan to get out of here. I fired off the remaining shots from my pistol to keep them back, then fumbled through a reload. It wasn't all that difficult, but my hands were shaking, and I had to take a deep breath to steady my nerves.

Once the gun was loaded, I quickly searched my chest rig's pockets. I hadn't checked everything when I grabbed it and still had no idea what goodies these guys carried. I offered up a silent cheer when I pulled open one pouch and saw a grenade. I pulled the cylinder from the compartment and realised it was a smoke grenade. I checked the pocket next to that one and pulled out a flashbang. Neither would kill the men in the corridor, but it might give me the edge I needed.

I holstered my pistol and thought for a second about which grenade to use. Then an idea came to me. I pulled the pin on the flash-bang and bounced it around the corner. I heard a shout of alarm from the men and followed up with the smoke grenade. An instant before the smoke cylinder bounced off the wall, I heard the flash-bang detonate. I counted to five before poking my head around the corner carefully. The corridor was filled with a thick wall of smoke, obscuring vision on both sides. I wasn't sure how I would get by them, but this was my best chance.

I drew my baton, deciding that the pistol wouldn't be as effective up close, then waded through the thick smoke. I ran into one man and jammed my baton into his stomach before stepping to the side, dodging a crackling stun baton. I instinctively kicked the guard in the knee before slamming my baton into his neck.

"Two down," I whispered to myself.

I'd seen six men in total with Marcus, so I had to be careful, but the odds were getting better. I ran my left hand against the wall so as not to lose my sense of direction.

I stepped out of the smoke, and two guards confronted me with their pistols raised. Marcus's stupid grinning face taunted me from behind his men.

"Throw down your weapons, Jason," Marcus commanded. That infuriating grin was still on his face. "I won't ask you again."

"How about you go fuck yourself."

I had no chance of drawing my sidearm and even getting one shot off. These men were ready to shoot, and their fingers were tickling their triggers. Dead would be preferable to capture.

"Have it your way," Marcus sighed. "Kill him."

Before any of the men could end my life, two soldiers in black came into view behind Marcus, followed by a scream that echoed throughout the narrow corridors. The white-haired man turned just in time to see a black-clad soldier hurtling through the air from the direction of the newcomers. The airborne soldier slammed into the concrete wall hard enough to crack the wall and potentially every bone in the man's body. The way he slumped to the ground; it was safe to assume the impact killed him.

"The specimen has escaped," one of the soldiers said, addressing Marcus. "The entire response unit was wiped out."

"No shit. You're still here, aren't you?" Marcus growled. "Now do your damn job and kill that thing. A corpse will have to do."

Marcus looked over his shoulder at me—looking a lot less sure of himself—before turning his attention back to the direction his men had come from. Suddenly, a woman rounded the corner and sprinted towards the group. She was incredibly fast and was upon them in less than two heartbeats. I watched as she launched herself into the air and slammed the heel of her foot into Marcus's chest, sending him flying into one of his men. She landed gracefully and swept another guard off his feet with a kick to his legs. Once again, I acted on instinct and drew my sidearm. I fired four shots, two rounds into each guard facing my way. The woman's attack had distracted them, giving me my window of opportunity. By the time I'd fired my fourth shot, the woman had dispatched the remaining two guards, leaving Marcus all alone.

The woman looked at me with her head tilted to one side, and I realised I was still wearing my balaclava. I hastily tugged it off, hoping she could see I wasn't a threat. She smiled when she saw my face.

"Hello Jason, it's lovely to meet you finally," she said.

"Hi...pleasure to uh...meet you," I stammered.

I was stunned by the woman before me. I knew Shara was an alien, but I didn't think she would look so...so human.

And gorgeous.

Shara was a touch shorter than me, with long, lean-looking legs. She had the exact proportions of a human woman; one with a flawless figure, only with a distinct difference. Her skin was light grey, and I could see half-inch thick white lines running along her arms, legs, and smaller ones up her neck, cheeks, and forehead. The markings disappeared into a mane of blood-red hair that looked matted and tangled—hanging about her face like a mask—but it couldn't hide her beautiful features and the all-white eyes that stared intently at me. She wore the same style of grey sweatpants I had when I'd woken up in here and a white, blood-spattered tank-top that stretched nicely over her ample bust.

"You'll never get out of here," Marcus groaned as he pushed himself to his feet. "There's no way."