Bianhua Ch. 07

Story Info
The ties that bind.
15.9k words
4.62
4.7k
10
9

Part 7 of the 8 part series

Updated 06/10/2023
Created 09/13/2020
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Bianhua Part 7

The ties that bind

There are just some conversations one is never prepared for and for Alana and me as we drove to meet Suling, and Fen were going to end up having one. Alana needed to know that David had been informed that she would be in charge if I happened to disappear for a while. That meant that over the next couple of weeks we would be going through everything in detail, so she knew the direction the company and I were heading on the various projects going forward. I also needed to explain to her that I had made a will leaving everything to her in case the worst came true. The winds of change were getting stronger, and the unknown was blowing into our faces in a steady demanding pace. When she asked why I explained that I wanted to make sure that none of my father's family could make a claim against my estate if I had moved on to the next step of the evolution of my life.

"That would mean that they know of your existence," Alana suggested, "and that they know that you have made it to America."

"I cannot assume that they don't even if I firmly believe that the US government has done everything in its power to keep my identity a secret," I said. "There is no way we will ever know what or what not the Chinese government has deemed acceptable for my father's father to know. With their management style everything done by them is on a need to know basis and the common everyday Joe in China needs to know nothing. That's why what they are allowed to see in all forms of media is so restrictive. It also explains why those social media programs in China have so many restrictions on them and agree to promote the right view. If it does not keep the China perspective or agenda the mass media in their country will not speak it. Those who accidently show support for liberty by speaking out are never seen again in the media. That one act has ended their career and taken away the lifestyle they were allowed."

One thing I believed without question was that the Chinese government would do anything to protect those of the upper counsel's conduct from ever becoming public. The data that my father had left for others to find would bring down many long term well thought of political figures and those they associated with on a business to business basis. It would revel three or four former upper levels Chinese handlers who were now because of their age part of the upper consul and the people they had turned underneath them. Only I knew how much data and background was in it and how damaging it would be. Many of them were aligned with various organization that delt in military and scientific endeavors in partnership with or directly for governmental departments. The public when the information finally comes out would find it hard to comprehend because their walks in life in their public appearance had been completely different. Many well-respected leaders in our society reality would be changed forever once the information was released. Most would not be able to consider the new information without being prejudice because of what they had perceived they thought was the truth.

Like most investigations when the truth finally comes out many facing convictions would turn to cooperating in order to get a less sever sentence. The connections long ago established would bring down others who had been caught up in its always expanding web. A lot of those who would be taken down would claim they had no knowledge who the ultimate receiver was of the information they sold. In part that was true because their assigned handler could have been one of their own. In the Chinese propaganda machine, there are three aspects they researched out when dealing with the subject, they plan to turn. Their sexual appetites, their weaknesses, and desires because they knew from experience that they usually worked because most had secrets, they would do anything to keep. They would study those ones in an attempt to figure out which related family members were important to them because some of their greatest double agents became one out of the need to protect a loved one secrets.

With the eyes of the world on them because of the upcoming Olympics in a few years the Chinese propaganda machine would be acting at the top of their game. They would be mentally and physically be ready for any little thing they thought might upset the image they were trying to present. Every foreign living member would be contacted regularly for any insights that could be gleamed. Any electronic item being brought into the country by foreign visitors until then would be hacked and monitored for any information that they could gathered. Most of those living in the free world could unknowingly be revealing things in innocent conversations, letters, or emails to family still living in China that would be monitored for any little detail that could be turned into an advantage.

You had to understand that the Chinese political party survived by creating illusions that they were able to hide the truth behind. No one saw the extremes they went to when attacking the growing Christian moment after they had put my parents to death because it was no longer in the headlines of the major media networks. It had become out of sight out of mind and no longer important because the only thing that caught the eyes of the politicians in the free world was what was being promoted in the mass media. Those upsetting the balance of things in the Chinese Communist society soon found themselves removed from the daily routines of life. Anything that found its way out was by word of mouth and could not be verified. The Chinese communist government would discount the information by proclaiming that there was no truth to it. Using slander and innuendoes the credibility of the one speaking out the truth would be weakened so any damage would be minimum. Without physical proof there was nothing that the world could do.

A few years back it was leaked to an international group of legislators looking at the inter-parliamentary alliances with China that there was over one point ninety-five million CCP members currently employed within the United States governmental system. Another half a million were employed within American conglomerates. Most were eventually found to be in positions where they could apply the most influence. It left those understanding the information with a bitter taste in their mouths because they could clearly see how much of the free world was being compromised.

All Chinese Communist Party members swear an oath to fight for communism throughout their life. To be ready at all times to sacrifice everything for the party and its members. From their first day of preschool on they were taught to believe in the state as if it were their religion. To be able to prove their loyalty by carrying out any instructions given to them regardless of the personal cost and to report anything back that might be harmful to the image the party was trying to present. It was well known at that time that three female employees of the US consulate In Shanghai had been identified and were under a constant watch. Another added plus was most of these ones had family ties in their native country who would end up paying the price if they did not comply.

Most with knowledge agreed that the CCP agents had no place in US government facilities and that the report should have served as a much needed wake up call to the legislators in Washington who seem to bend over backwards to publicly support the Chinese Government. The problem was that these very same legislators because of the laws they had passed had made it impossible to weed these ones out. It's only when a society is bomb bared with lies that the truth becomes a conspiracy. There's nothing more corrupt than a corrupt government investigating itself.

It could be done if a new president came in and suspended these ones without pay for the duration of their presidency leaving the next president to decide what they would do with them once they assumed power. They couldn't be fired but could be kept in legal limbo because that's how politicians deal with most things. Proof of that was how much had not been done over the years with the illegal immigration problem. It was an item that was discussed daily with the walls of congress, but nothing was ever done about it. Few comprehended that by doing nothing it taught those who came in that way that the laws concerning the USA weren't worth the paper they were written on. If you don't back your laws with enforcement and accountability consistently the odds in the public's mind are that you won't do anything.

The problem was the public outcry by the opposition would doom his presidency from the start. Proof of how well it worked was seen in America because of a man who was deemed to be a traitor to one political party all because he had publicly renounced his membership. It acted as a reminder to all CCP members that if in the free world the Chinese communist party could influence political views so much to destroy a President what they could do if they took a direct approach. After all it was only one man who stood up against Communist China and look where it got him. Even if the Chinese Communist Party had nothing to do with it their members would believe that they did.

It was only after the damage was done that the social media pretended to take a more active approach but those behind the scenes knew it was nothing but smoke being blown into faceless mirrors. After all those companies knew full well who really was controlling the data that ran their systems and how easily they could be taken down. After all most of the code needed to run these programs had been first purchased under contract from China. To guarantee their existence one had become so progressive that they were setting themselves up as the thought police of the social media and were restricting those who did not agree with their approved views so much that one had to wonder if they were following the instructions of their Chinese Communist masters. Either way by their conduct they were implying that the hate they were promoting was acceptable and for CCP's purposes perhaps it was.

One with actuate knowledge would have to ask themselves how much these ones had laws moderated to lessen the strength of their intentions. Were they the force which ended up making it impossible for their members to be fired? Indirect influence over a situation had long ago been mastered by the Chinese Communist Party.

Over the last few years in North America a new woke movement had started to take root. Trying to set their agenda while trying to destroy independent thought. Even though they were using some of the same tools as the Chinese Communist Party I knew it would not last because they could not control all of the mass media. Already the signs were beginning to show that it was starting to peter out. Establishing a political system starts with the education system where those working for the new system would start training the next generation by controlling their line of thought. Molding the minds of the young whose state of mind is a blank slate is the only way a long term agenda is won because when they become adults as a majority their not open to new thoughts because the brain washing is complete. It starts by in bomb barding these ones with what to think and see by not teaching these ones how to think logically.

Alana took the news of my making out a will better than I had thought she would but was surprised that I had made her the primary benefactor. She was shocked to learn my real net worth and was surprised that I did not feel the need to show it in my everyday life.

"I never saw it," Alana said after I had explained it. "Until now that everything you do is to simplify your life and the environment you live in. Progressives claim to be concerned about pollution and global warning but do nothing to lessen their carbon imprint while you voice no opinion yet speak volumes with your actions. You lead by example and not with the loudness of your voice."

"Your right," I replied. "I n learning Zen I was taught to understand that all living things that breathe either oxygen, carbon dioxide, or through drawing it out of water depend on the actions of others. A lack of fish will cause the population of the sea mammals to die off which affects the food chain upwards. The size of a wolf pack depends on the availability of the food they can hunt. Everything in the cycle of all life is interconnected and most of humanity will never understand that. With that concept always in my mind everything that's being done on the site has been to improve the quality of life for all who share the space while trying not to disrupt the balance that supports it."

"In social studies we had a discussion about things that had been rumored to have been discovered that would have really helped mankind but were bought up and hidden because in the long run it would have done harm to the economy," Alana said. "It's made me wonder what the world would be like if greed did not exist?"

"The Zen masters in the eighteenth century estimated what the total population of the world would be if there was no death. Then they estimated what the total land mass would be if the flood had never happened and concluded that there would have been enough land to allow every person if they were still alive to have a few acres of land to live off of," I said. "Imagine what could be produced on that small section of land if the earth still had the creator's blessings."

Alana looked at me in amazement, but I could tell by her silence that she still was not seeing the complete picture, so I added, "It's believed by some that before the flood there were no seasons. The earth above the atmosphere had a ring of water around it. So, the temperature of the earth had more of an equal balance to it. It was until that time a global green house."

"Mankind could have worked it out that in the circle of a plants life that a tree bearing fruit would become dormmate just as another was beginning to produce fruit," Alana said. "Amazing that all man has really done since his existence is make things worse and more complicated. I'm going to have to double check every discission I make to make sure it meets up to your standards."

"You finally see the reality of what man threw away," I said, "and see what the real cost has been. I work with nature and appreciate its gifts. There is no greater joy for me than looking out from what will be our home and seeing the glory of mother nature's magic coming back into the valley. Every day I discover plants and animals that I have never seen in our small valley. I see that as a sign of mother nature's approval. One of the things we are working on is making sure that all electrical lines and communications lines will be buried. It's better for the environment and has a lot longer life then those exposed to the climate. The security lighting for the village will have two l e d lights on each pole directed in opposite directions thus allowing greater spacing between them which will lessen their overall imprint. No one appreciates the gifts that Mother Nature has within her."

"How were you able to convince David that it was the way to go," Alana asked. "You know that he at times has to be convinced that doing things in a new way could be better."

"I learned that the square footage of his home and mine were about the same size," I explained. "So, I had him bring his utility bill and compare it to mine. Even though we use electricity to heat our home our monthly bill was less. It took him seeing the difference to see why it was best to go this route. As I told you we are starting to plan a few subdivisions above the Iron ore mine. I have set aside the lots that Suling and Fern's home will be built on. Both will be pleased by its size and the view it gives of the whole valley."

I saw the smile come across Alana's face because I think she thought that it was a further hint that I was beginning to accept the possibility that Suling and her were going end up being the sister wife's, they thought they would be.

We had agreed to meet Suling and Fen at Fen's father restaurant because they needed to bring me up to date with what had been going on in their lives. I was wondering if we now could link Fen's brother to the new people that had come into Alana's and Fen's school. It was on that drive that we learned from the radio that the rumored trip of the Zen Masters to America may have been postponed due to a health problem with one of them. I thought it might be a plant by the Chinese propaganda machine and wondered briefly if it was because they were looking for a way to draw me back to the monastery.

"How is that possible," Alana said after hearing it. "No one knows because we both know there's been no announcement and those who knew have kept their silence about it."

"Someone does," I said, "it's makes me wonder why it was released with me about to head to the state capital for my annual meeting with the governor and with one of the heads of the Epa."

The silence was deafening for a few before Alana responded, "It appears that things are beginning to close in on us. Things that would be considered minor take on new meanings when one's eyes are open to the reality of the world and not the façade most of us live with."

"Most live their days without any thought as their routines are the same. They are more concerned about getting through the workday than anything else," I said. "That's why it's been so easy for the Chinese Communist Party to be able to control most of their society's thoughts. Once you're able to control what they see and hear what they know becomes the collective thought even though the truth may be something different. The Chinese government understands the human behavior better than anyone else because teach a child what to believe before they can fully understand, and it will be their guidance the rest of their lives. They look for changes in their people daily behavior and nip any individuality before it's given a chance to grow. After all conformity to the system is a must."

"Zai wei zhi Zhong hang zou shi, bi xu zhu yi zi ji de jilao bu," I said automatically in Chinese.

"What does that mean my future hubby," Alana asked?

"One must watch their steps when walking among the unknown," I said before adding, "my adopted father used to say that to me when we were out exploring new things because my excitement would be leading me. Those times were few in number, but they gave me a taste of what it was like to be free."

"Dirk, every time we are together, I learn by listening to you," Alana said, "Not only by what you say but by what you cause me to see. We as a society take so many things for granted that you see as gifts that should be cherished. It's given me a better appreciation of what we have in America and a reason why it should be protected."

"Freedom is hard to get especially if you never had it because it is a figment of one's imagination," I said, "For years I wondered what it was like, and I'm still amazed by what it allows me to do. I know we see Chinese people touring places around the world just like those do in the free world. Do not doubt that these ones have proven their loyalty and have been awarded the privilege's that go with it."

*******

� � � � � � � � � � � � � Suling was looking forward to seeing Alana and Dirk because she had some good news to share with them. The civil judge had approved the change of her name and all government documents now showed it. She was now legally identified as Suling Chey Wuming a name of which she would wear with pride. Her father had teared up when she revealed her new name to him because he understood what those names meant to her. She only hoped that she was able show the standards it implied.