Big Girls Don't Cry Ch. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

AS I squeezed and rolled her nipples under mypalms, her efforts redoubled, her breath hitching and panting now as she pounded against me, while I grimly held on to my last shreds of self-control, willing myself not to come until she'd climaxed. Suddenly she was there, her head lolling forward as she groaned and shuddered, her pussy convulsing around me.

That was it; I couldn't take any more, and I came like a runaway freight train, the spunk shooting out of me in an endless spray with such force I nearly passed-out from the shock of it, crying out in my extremity. I could feel my toes curling with the intensity of my orgasm, every muscle in my body strained and tensed as my body drained itself into her.

Lena slumped down on my chest, gasping and shivering, our bodies glued to each other by the heat and sweat of our encounter. Lena lay motionless as the aftershocks and tremors had died away, and then kissed me once, just above my heart.

"Well Dar, that filled me up, no mistake! If I wasn't pregnant before, I bloody well am now!"

She giggled and lay back down, and I grinned, my hands sliding down her sleek back to hold and cup her shapely rump, absently squeezing and kneading the pneumatic cheeks while I enjoyed the moment of post-coital happiness and relaxation, the 'after-glow'. My thoughts turned to what Elizabeth would say, and developing a game plan to head Lena off just in case she decided to launch a banzai attack on "Lizzie", but I also wanted to just lie there for a while and savour the feeling of Lena lying prone on me, her scent, the feel of her skin against mine, and the tempting, delicious ripeness of the lovely apple bottom I was clutching so lovingly.

I was just starting to mellow out, and probably doze-off when I turned my head and saw the clock on the nightstand.

"Lena, up, come on, it's gone three o'clock; your sister will be here soon!"

Lena jerked awake, her gunslinger reflexes when abruptly woken coming to the fore.

"Wha'? Where? Wassamatter? Oh Darryl, I'm tired go 'way!" she muttered, planting her head back on my chest and sighing as her arms tightened around me.

I smacked her rump.

"Up! We need showers, the Famous Disappearing Mother's going to be here soon, get a move on! Don't you want to see your sister?"

Lena stirred again, and opened one eye.

"She's not my sister, and she's not your mother either; tell her to fuck off, 'm not interested! Now go 'way, 'm tired!"

I grinned again.

"I thought you wanted to give her a piece of your mind! Sure you can you spare any?"

Her eyes snapped open.

"What did you just say?"

I rolled her off me and kissed her.

"There, I thought that would wake you up! Now, come and have a shower, she's going to be here in less that forty-five minutes and we haven't got time for one of your four-hour showers, so get weaving! You do my back; I'll do yours! And no funny business, OK?"

Lena grabbed hold of my flaccid cock and rubbed the end lightly but meaningfully with her manicured thumbnail.

"After she's gone, I want a word with you about that crack just now, got it, mister?"

I kissed the end of her nose.

"Yours to command, Angel-May, yours to command! Now move it!"

With me chivvying her along, Lena managed to take a shower and dry-off in less than 30 minutes, which had to have been some kind of record given the production number she normally makes of it, and was sitting downstairs with me well before 4 o'clock rolled around; or, to be more accurate, I was sitting; Lena was pacing around like a caged tiger, tense and anxious, back and forth across the room, driving me crazy, but I knew better than to say anything.

4 o'clock came and went, and still no sign of them. Lena had put a sign on the front door 'Door is open, come in', not wanting 'Lizzie' to ambush me in the hallway without her firmly by her side.

Lena began to get impatient.

"Look, Dar, it's already ten past four, I don't think she's coming, she could at least have...!"

At that very second, the front door opened.

"Hello?" we heard Emma call out, "Anyone here?"

"In the sitting room, we're both here, come on in!" called back Lena, standing close to me, her hand in mine.

Emma came in the room, taking in the two of us standing there, Lena tense and nervous, with me much more relaxed, nodded, and stepped aside to usher the other woman with her into the room.

I gasped in shock; it was Lena, or at least Lena in 20 years! Dark auburn, to be sure, but the same porcelain skin, the same dazzling blue eyes, the same jaw-line; there was no mistaking the fact that they were sisters, even if separated by almost a generation.

Emma spoke first.

"Darryl, Lena, this is Lizzie Daniels. Lizzie, meet Darryl, and...your sister, Lena."

Lena nodded, hostility beginning to flare in her eyes, and I had to squeeze her hand warningly, reminding her to wait until you have an idea how well-armed the other side is before touching off a fire-fight...

Lizzie smiled at us, looking even more like Lena.

"Hello Darryl!" she said, and I started; she sounded so much like Lena it was weird...

She came forward and held her hand out, and I automatically, instinctively, took it, shaking it twice, formally and letting go. She turned to Lena and held out her hand.

"Lena, hello, my name's Elizabeth, but everyone calls me Lizzie. You have a lovely name!"

Lena ignored her hand.

"It's not my name, that's just what my family calls me. You can call me Marlene!"

Ouch...

Lizzie smiled again, only this time there was a brittle quality to it.

"Well, that's a lovely name too! Are you Maureen's daughter?"

Lena nodded and turned away to sit down. I indicated a seat, and the two women seated themselves.

Lizzie went first.

"Darryl, Emma told me how much you look like your...like Robbie, and it's true; you're almost the image of him! I was quite startled when I saw you, it was almost like he was in the room!"

Her eyes were glittering with unshed tears, something Lena saw too.

"Why are you here?" she asked in the sudden silence, "Daddy's not here anymore, and I've got nothing for you, Darryl's not your son, you threw that away, what did you come back here for? Why now?"

Lizzie grinned.

"Okay, that was to the point! It turns out a friend of a friend worked with dad and mentioned in passing that he'd retired, and I decided that enough was enough, I'd avoided coming back for long enough, it was now or never. I wanted to apologise, and before you say anything, I know, it was a long time coming, long overdue in fact, but the truth is, I was too ashamed to come back here, then I was too afraid he'd turn me away for staying away so long, and finally I just didn't know how. I want to make my peace with my dad, tell him I'm sorry, and ask him to try and forgive me for being so weak. My kids are asking about the rest of their family, I would like to be able to tell them about dad, Darryl, you, if you'll let me, but I'll understand if you tell me to get lost."

Lena looked as though she was going to take her at her word, then subsided and glanced at me, silently asking me to tell Lizzie about dad, her father. I put my arm around Lena and looked over at Elizabeth, my birth-mother, feeling no connection, no abandonment or sense of loss, just sympathy for this woman who was finally trying to clean up her past mistakes.

"I don't know what to call you, so I'll call you Lizzie. Dad and mum have gone to Cyprus, the hot dry climate will help him, and his doctor recommended that he go."

Lizzie looked puzzled.

"What's wrong, why did he have to go to Cyprus?"

I looked at Lena, who nodded, obviously not trusting herself to speak.

"Dad's dying. He has a form of pneumoconiosis, his lungs are losing function, and his heart is damaged. The prognosis is good in the short term, but medium to long term...it's not good, not good at all; he's deteriorating, and it's not going to be easy."

Lizzie looked stricken.

"He's...dying? How...how long?"

I looked at the floor, at Lena, anywhere except her face, so much like my own darling Lena.

"He's been sick for a long time now, but he only told me just before they left. He hasn't got too much time left, a year, maybe a little longer, eighteen months at the outside. He left six weeks ago, he and mum bought a place out there, and mum has a job at the hospital there, they provide all his specialist care. They're doing it their way, the way they want to do it, he's happy, they're both happy."

Lizzie looked like she was about to cry, and I felt myself empathising with her; much as I wanted to dislike and disown this woman, I couldn't do it; she was just too much like Lena; just without the depth and breadth of character my Lena displayed, I told myself; she'd been weak and easily led, she allowed herself to be a party animal because she couldn't be a parent, but I couldn't hate her for that; I didn't know that I would have reacted any differently if I'd been in her shoes, and I'd done enough judging in recent times to last me a lifetime. Emma was right; it had been a different time, another world a long way away and a long time ago from the one we lived in now, and I had no right, or inclination, to judge her. I had never had her to miss her, mum had been there, and she was my mum, not this person sitting here with us.

Now the tears rolled slowly down her cheeks, and Lena stirred, her eyes flashing as her face paled.

"Don't you dare do that, you don't get to do that! You've had twenty-five years to let daddy know he did nothing wrong, that it wasn't his fault, that you just wanted to screw around, and yet it was just too much trouble. You could have picked up a phone, you could have written a letter, but no, you just let him stew, wondering what he did that was so wrong it drove his daughter away, letting him blame himself for nothing, dumping your baby with him and boogieing out the door without a backwards glance, just so you could go off and be freak of the week!"

Lena paused to draw breath, her eyes spitting sparks and her nostrils flared as she stared at her sister,and when she spoke again, her voice was low and throbbing with anger.

"You never once came back to ask him how your baby was, if he was alive or dead, happy, anything at all, not a fucking dickey-bird! Well Daddy and mum brought up your son like their own, they did everything for him that you couldn't be bothered with, and my Darryl's the man he is because of them and not because of you; six weeks ago we'd never fucking heard of you, right now I wish to Christ I'd never heard of you at all, ever! There's nothing of you in him, nothing at all, he doesn't even look like you, and I'm glad of that; it means he doesn't have to see your face every time he looks in the mirror!"

I was shocked, deeply, at her outburst; Lena never loses her temper, she's the most temperate and well-adjusted person I know, and now she was ramping-mad, her eyes blazing behind slitted lids, and her face livid, her chest heaving as she vented her fury on her absentee older sister.

She drew breath for another broadside, and I squeezed her hand.

"No, Princess, don't, it's bad for the baby!"

Lizzie had shrunk back in her seat in the face of Lena's verbal onslaught, while Emma watched in shocked silence. At the mention of the baby, she cocked her head at me.

"She's pregnant?"

I nodded.

"About six weeks along, just at the morning-sickness stage. I think it's time you left, please, I don't want her being agitated any more than she already is. I'll give you dad's number in Cyprus, you can call him, I suggest you do, almost the last thing he said before he left was that he never knew what he did to make you leave, perhaps you should let him know what the truth was, he deserves that, at least."

As I said that, Lena buried her face in my shoulder, and I could feel her angry tears soaking though my shirt.

Lizzie nodded, fishing out a pen and address book from her purse. As she opened it, something fluttered out onto the ground. I bent and picked it up; a photograph of a boy and girl, about 8 and 12 respectively.

I looked at it, strange emotions roiling in me; this was my brother and sister, Marcus and Allie, Emma had said; she'd also said they looked like Lena, and she was right; obviously dad had some pretty strong genetic dominants to keep that hair, those eyes, and those features repeating through the generations like that. Lena got her hair from mum, but everything else was pure dad.

I went to hand it back to Lizzie, but Lena silently held out her hand for it, and Lizzie nodded at me, so I handed it to her. She looked for a long moment, then wordlessly handed it back to me and buried her face in my shoulder again. I held her close as I wrote the number and the address, her arm around my waist as I cradled her against me.

Lizzie watched me closely, one eyebrow slightly raised as she put her address book back in her purse, noting my hand stroking Lena's hair and my lips almost kissing her as I whispered in her ear, soothing her after her angry outburst.

"Before I go, Darryl, can I ask you one thing?"

I nodded, more concerned with how Lena was taking all this, and her state after being so angry. "Sure, go ahead, ask away!"

"What did you do with your life, Darryl, did you go to university, did you make some good choices? I know it's impertinent, and I have no right to ask, but I would like to know, please!"

Lena looked at her, her gaze level even though her eyes were puffy from crying.

"My Darryl is a doctor, he's a Cardio-Vascular surgeon, at a good hospital; he made some good choices, and we helped and supported him; us, no-one else, just his family. Does that answer your question?"

Lizzie looked gratified.

"A surgeon! Robert would have been so proud of you, your grandfather would have been too, you've done so well, I know dad is proud of you and your...your mum, too, congratulations, I am so, so happy for you!"

She seemed genuinely pleased, and was just standing up when Lena spoke up.

"What are they like?"

Lizzie looked puzzled. "What are who like, Lena?"

"Marcus and Allie; what are they like, are they anything like you, worse, better, what are they like?"

Lizzie got a faraway expression on her face.

"Marcus is like his father; serious, quiet, studious, easygoing. Allie is the complete opposite; she's loud, noisy, opinionated, single-minded, and loads of fun! Why did you want to know?"

Lena looked away.

"Much as I hate to admit any connection to you, you are my sister, and they are my nephew and niece, I suppose, and I just wanted to know what the missing part of my family is like; not you though, I think I know exactly what you're like!"

Lizzie looked at her admiringly.

"You really take no prisoners, do you? Listen, I am going to try and apologise to my father, and maybe, in some small way, I can make it right with him again, before it's too late. That's all I can do, Lena, I have no sword to fall on, no hair shirt in my closet, no bed of nails to lie on for a penance, only my admission that I messed up badly; but not all of my life was screwed-up; he has two beautiful grandchildren, I got that part right! He should know about them, so he can see that for all my faults, at least I got at two things dead right! And now let me ask you a question; what did you mean when you said 'my Darryl?"

Lena looked at me; I nodded, so she answered her.

"You already know, otherwise why ask; you just want to make me say it. OK, here it is. Darryl and I are together, why or how is none of your business, but we love each other, and this is our life, here, together, in this house that daddy gave us, a home for our child. Darryl is going to be a father, and we couldn't be happier. Now go on, say something, I dare you!"

Lizzie grinned at her.

"You are so much like Allie! You'll like her, and she'll love you, you'll get on like a house on fire! I won't say anything to you about what you're doing; there's 25 years of 'not my business' wrapped around this, but I will wish you both all the best, and I would like to congratulate my sister on her upcoming happy event; being a mother was the best thing that ever happened to me, I just didn't know it when Darryl was born; it was Allie's birth that showed me that. It will be wonderful for you, too, I promise!"

She looked directly at Lena, a small smile on her face.

"I would like to see you again, both of you, as your older sister only; I don't want to come between Darryl and his mum, that's not my place, it never was. Maureen was a great mum, the best thing that ever happened to him, I can see that, a much better mother than I could ever have been. May I come and see you again, sometime soon? I know the kids would love to meet both of you."

I looked at Lena, who was looking away, chewing her lip, always a sign she was undecided about something. I gently pulled her aside to murmur in her ear.

"Lena, how bad could it be? Let her do this, she didn't do anything to you, if dad's not mad at her, maybe you shouldn't be either; and what have those two kids done to you? You saw them, they're gorgeous!"

"I don't know, Dar, it seems so...disloyal..."she muttered, and I grinned, understanding a little of what she was feeling. I had an idea.

"Baby, do you think that now, of all times, dad needs to know that his children are at loggerheads, over what? Something that happened so long ago that it doesn't matter anymore? Think, Baby, dad needs all of us to be at peace, that's all he wants, and this isn't how to do it!"

She looked daggers at me.

"That was low and underhanded, how dare you even go there...!"

I stopped her.

"But true, nevertheless. Let it go, baby, it doesn't matter to me, it shouldn't matter to you, and truthfully, it doesn't matter at all. Go on, make an effort, let her in; who knows, you might even like her!"

I could see her wavering, so slid in the trump card.

"Don't you want to meet your nephew and niece? You saw that picture, didn't you? He's the image of dad, how could you walk away from that? Let them all in baby, you know you want to!"

She glared at me, then looked away, resting her head on my shoulder for a second or two.

"That obvious, huh? You're right, she's done nothing to me, and I don't think dad would like it if I got into a slanging-match with her over ancient history! Okay, you win!"

I smiled to myself and patted her on her rump, making her grin at me, and wink. She kissed me lightly on the cheek, and whispered "And you're right, they are gorgeous!" in my ear, before turning back to Lizzie.

"I would love to meet the children, please bring them; or Darryl and I could come and visit you. What are you going to tell them about him? Won't they need to know he's their big brother?"

Lizzie grinned.

"It's going to be hard enough to explain who you are, let alone Darryl! For now, he's your boyfriend; maybe he can be their Auntie Emma's long lost nephew, seeing as he looks so much like her, and later, when they're older, if you think they're ready, we can tell them the full story in any way that seems best to you. How does that sound?"

Lena grinned, nodding.

"Okay, works for me; bring on the family!"

Lizzie grinned, and for just a second she looked like Lena when she was about twelve, that little girl smile that got lost as she matured. She seemed unsure how to leave, still not sure if she should, or could hug Lena, and as for me...

I resolved that for her by hugging her. There was nothing weird about it for me; she wasn't my mother, that was mum, and she was thousands of miles away. No, this was just my girl's big sister as far as I was concerned. Lizzie looked startled for a second, then smiled and hugged me back, patting me gently on the back, and whispering "Thank you, it's more than I deserve!" in my ear. Lena followed suit, clinching for a mere second or so; she was still not quite ready to let Lizzie all the way in, and Lizzie got that, if her smile was anything to go by.