All Comments on 'Big League Dreams Ch. 01'

by JayDavid

Sort by:
  • 12 Comments
bimmusa02138bimmusa02138over 3 years ago
He's a college kid right?

If he does not make it in the big leagues then how about he's got a college degree in banking with a minor in forensic accounting?

Then he could go with Jillian and they have a future together?

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Great Story..

Really enjoyed it. Hope you add more chapters to Ray’s journey.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
My 2 cents

I like your writing. This is not the first story of yours that I read. In this story, I liked the way you introduced the characters and developed them. I liked the flow of the story and I look forward to reading more of what your mind can come up with. Thanks for your time and imagination.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Splendid!

Impeccably written, and entertaining. Sandy reminds me of my sister-in-law -- she and her family have hosted class-A pitchers before. Looking forward to future chapters!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Can’t wait for more!

This had a really good rhythm and flow to it, and I feel like the pacing was just right. Good mixture of an actual story with the fun stuff, too. As a baseball fan, I hope you have a lot more to show us in this story!

Also, the teams you’re using here are quite obvious to the informed and I appreciate that.

Bebop3Bebop3over 3 years ago

Excellent story. Thanks for sharing your work.

far_wanderer1984far_wanderer1984over 3 years ago

Great read looking forward to more.

Tx77TumbleweedTx77Tumbleweedover 3 years ago

This is an excellent start to what clearly has the potential to be a climb through the ranks of minor league ball. The fact that the storyline is reasonably unique to this site is a huge plus.

UltimateHomeBodyUltimateHomeBodyover 3 years ago

Enjoyable, if only I could understand the baseball crap. Hope the next chapter has more on the story side and less baseball terms.

Hiram325Hiram325over 1 year ago

I've thoroughly enjoyed the baseball related stories I've found here on Lit. This one is no exception.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago
Not bad so far..

You have a decent grasp of how the minor leagues work, unlike most, w/ one exception. The contract signed by all on field personnel requires the team to fly the person back to the same location they were flown from at the start of the year. If someone comes from college or other temp residence, then it's back to their 'contract permanent residence'.

I worked as an Athletic Trainer in the Dodgers org. After my 1st yr, I learned from a friend in the Cards org how to leverage that contract stipulation. When Spring Training came the next yr, my new residence was Honolulu.

He spent the off season working in a shoe store, & I found a job working at a surf/swimwear store, because I was a competitive big wave surfer in my 20's.

Between my friend meeting women over shoes & me, over bikinis & wanting learn to surf, those were 2 very fun off seasons.

Though, being divorced, the seasons weren't so bad, either, but that's another story.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous