All Comments on 'Big League Dreams Ch. 04'

by JayDavid

Sort by:
  • 10 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
My 2 cents

Love the story. 5 stars. Thanks for your time and imagination.

Bebop3Bebop3over 3 years ago

Well, with my beloved Mets well and truly out, I can at least enjoy new chapters of Big League Dreams.

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightover 3 years ago

I love a good baseball story but cannot, for the life of me, figure out why the infield would go to double play depth when he threw the batter out at first for the first out. If first is unoccupied, double plays are not anticipated in any way. I will wait anxiously for the next chapter.

mfan2112mfan2112over 3 years ago

Nice story, good character development and a good ending to the chapter. Make us want more. Love it. You are a good author JayDavid, keep up the good work.

pcman1950pcman1950over 3 years ago

I’m really enjoying this tale, my non interest in sports notwithstanding. This is in no way a criticism, but I’ve taken to thinking of this Ray as Clueless Joe, an obvious spin on the characters in “Field of Dreams.” Over & above his apparent inability to get inside a woman’s head (if that’s indeed possible for any man), he seems considerably more rudderless about his goals in baseball or his life outside it than one might expect of a college graduate and someone whose parents are so grounded. Let me add as well how much I appreciate authors who only begin posting segments after the story is complete. It greatly enhances my experience of reading, knowing that the next instalment is at hand.

texcavemantexcavemanover 3 years ago
Every little leagures dream

I remember wondering what it would be like. I listened on radio almost nightly.

I remember when i was promoted from farm team to liitle league majors and picked by the Yankees. The day i came home from practice with my Yankees uniform. I had to try it on! And then Mom had to run to convenience store and she made me go with her in my Yankees uni and cap with NY on it. I was afraid some team mates, or worse, opposing players would see me lol

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Dodgers or Angels ?

The call up to LA in chapter 3 made me think Ray was part of the Dodger organization. But playing the Dodgers in chapter 4 had me thinking Angels. And Allison seeing him in Atlanta could be either. I’m sure glad this a great story. And it really doesn’t matter which team Ray plays for.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Only one thing.....the Giants are football not baseball. The story is good though.

JayDavidJayDavidabout 3 years agoAuthor

Anonymous, tell that to the people in San Francisco.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago
Pretty good, overall, from a writing & baseball perspective...

Good plot pacing & character development; solid writing mechanics, even way above average dialog authenticity & realistic character interaction.

Nothing in the baseball world is off, though you did confuse me when he got called up to the big xlub the 1st time. It was unclear whether he was being called up to a team visiting LA, or if he was in the Dodgers org & being called up.

It wasn't until Erin's visits were discussed that I figured out he was playing for someone other than the Dodgers. A bit more clarity when he's told he's going to LA would solve the confusion. A lot of people may not realize players called up or traded often meet the team before they arrive in the city where they'll be living.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous