Big League Dreams Ch. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

But my relatively idyllic, reasonably sex-filled offseason had to come to an end, and as my time to head to spring training approached, Erin and I were both on edge. We knew that we had not done well as a couple apart, but were so good together. We were at my place, after having made love, and were lying in bed. I knew that I was taking a big risk, but the question was weighing heavily on me, that I had to broach the subject.

"Erin, let's say that all goes well and I make the team again this year. Would you move in with me for the season?"

She turned to face me. She was so beautiful in the half light, her red hair loose and unruly. "Ray, I can't see how that works. What about Grandma? What about Sean? Even if I could finish my dissertation there, which I probably could work out, how can I leave them?"

"I know, Erin. But what about what you want? Don't you want to be with me?"

"I do, but I also need to be with them. My grandmother took me in when my parents died. And Sean needs me, too."

"But can't Liam take responsibility, and we can pay for a nurse."

Even in the partial light, I could see her color rising. "First off, Ray, Liam works hard at a dangerous and important job. He can't guarantee being available for them. Second, I'm not going to pawn off my crippled brother and sick grandma on a paid nurse. I just can't."

"So where does that leave us?"

"Maybe you'll be sent back here."

I was floored. "I can't believe you said that. I've worked hard to get where I was last year, and falling back a level is not something that you should wish for me."

There was silence in the room, a silence that felt heavy, as if the rest of our lives were at a crossroads.

"I think I better leave," Erin said.

"Please don't," I responded, but maybe less than convincingly.

Erin got out of bed, gathered her clothing and dressed.

"Don't go. Please," I asked.

"Ray, I think I have to now. I need some space to think, and you do too. Let's stay in touch while you're in Florida, and let's take it a step at a time."

I jumped out of bed, and took her in my arms, burying my nose in her sweet smelling hair and neck. We kissed, and then she walked out. I hoped desperately that it wouldn't be the last time that I watched her walk away.