Birds of Prey - Twisted Desire Ch. 08

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Ryswell
Ryswell
413 Followers

Perhaps Helena could sense it, because Dinah saw her friend's eyes light up. The raven-haired heroine reached forward and brushed a soft hand against Dinah's cheek.

"I can't tell you how happy I am that you're here, Di." Helena spoke softly, barely above a whisper. So unlike the Huntress that the Black Canary knew. Yet the warmth in her friend's voice was comforting. Soothing. Helena's hand dropped further down, her thumb brushing gently over Dinah's lower lip. Dinah fought the urge to take it into her mouth and suck. Helena gave a soft hum. "Tonight, we'll become sisters. Real sisters."

"What kind of initiation ceremony is this?" Dinah blurted the question out, half in a daze.

Helena giggled sweetly, the lovely sound bubbling deep in her chest. The front of her robe parted slightly and Dinah could faintly make out the details of lacy lingerie. It wasn't anything as scanty and provocative as Dinah's own outfit, but surely it must have been enough to tantalize the likes of the Brotherhood. Dinah couldn't imagine Helena wearing anything less.

"This is not just an initiation." Helena explained calmly. She began to idly play with the collar of Dinah's half-jacket, looking most pleased at the amount of tit left on display. Dinah couldn't find the nerve to stop her. "Tonight you will affirm your faithfulness and devotion to Matthew. You will become his woman, as I have. You will join us in our sacred bond. You will find your true purpose as a woman."

It was absurdity. Insanity. A dream. A nightmare.

Dinah felt a chill roll down her back, a twisting in her gut. A million tiny needles dancing upon her skin. Fuck, she could hardly speak.

"Oh my God..." She whispered, unable, unwilling to move as Helena ghosted the tips of her fingers over the upper slope of her breasts. Beneath the leather jacket, Dinah could feel her hard nipples brushing against the thick material. The blonde breathed in, fighting down a moan.

"You will find liberation in servitude, Dinah." She heard Lilith say, though the softball coach could not be spotted amidst the crowd. "And beyond that, untold joy."

"Matthew is a man of boundless passion." Helena continued, now cupping Dinah's tits, sliding her hands underneath the barely-there half-jacket. There were not the insistent gropes of a man, but soft, delicate touches. Dinah let loose a shuddering breath as she felt Helena's fingers roll over her nipples. Helena's voice came again, a needy whisper in Dinah's ear. "I alone was never going to be enough for him. He needs women who can sate his lust."

His lust... Reston's lust...

Yes, that was the reason for this whole mess. Matt Reston wanted a plaything and snatched up a girl who happened to be a superheroine. Reston may not have sent the sex tape to the Clock Tower, but he had turned Dinah's friend into his happy sex slave. That alone should have put him on her eternal shitlist, the kind reserved for guys she wanted not just to capture but to cripple.

So why wasn't Dinah furious? Because while Reston was the reason, Helena was the instigator.

"That's why you sent us the sex tape." Dinah moaned softly, allowing Helena's molestation of her body to continue unimpeded. The dreadful realization pooled into Dinah's lower belly in a dull heat. Helena was kissing the valley between Dinah's breasts then, teasing little pecks that almost had the blonde whining like some tart. "You were luring us here."

Helena pinched one of Dinah's nipples. Not hard, but enough to get the blonde to gasp. Helena acted quickly, capturing Dinah's lips in a deep kiss. Slow and sensual, the embrace was. The Huntress' tongue was warm and soft and demanding. But Dinah just wasn't in the state of mind to deny her. For a moment, the Canary was made a plaything. And Dinah couldn't say that she hated it.

"Hush now." Helena purred as she broke the kiss. Dinah breathed hotly against her friend's lips. Surely, some of the glossy, black lipstick had smeared off on Dinah herself. The blonde could taste it on her tongue. Blueberries. "The rites must be spoken. Our priest and priestess will lead. And then you will be presented with your ring of devotion. Matthew will have you. And so will I."

Dinah found that she had no words for that. No rebuttal. No condemnation. No rage or anger. Nothing except for the warmth blooming in her belly.

Through hazy eyes, she spotted Reston over Helena's shoulder. There was a proud and satisfied expression on his stupid, handsome face. And in his eyes, an indomitable hunger that even Dinah feared to endure.

Dinah turned to Helena and gave a short, obedient nod. And in turn, Helena smiled so brilliantly.

The Huntress guided the Canary up to the dais. Reston joined them, trapping Dinah between Helena and himself. Surrounded on all sides, she was. Nowhere to escape.

The Priest was opposite them, still dressed in his open robe. But there was no Priestess that Dinah could see... until a woman in a red, silk dress came forth from the shadows.

Lilith!

Dinah's eyes widened. But the softball coach only smiled warmly in turn. The brunette now carried a large, old-looking book. Even in her toned arms, it seemed enormous - and heavy!

Lilith set the book down onto the dais with a loud thud. With ease, she flipped the tome open to a specific page - like she had done this several times before.

And as the Priestess Lilith began to recite the ceremonial rites, the gathering of young men and women that surrounded them began to chant.

- - -

Chapter Twenty Three

Secrets Unmasked

Barbara continued on through the dimly lit halls, clinging to the shadows like she had been trained to do. Moving on silent feet, it was as if she was on auto-pilot. Stealth had become second nature to the young woman, as natural as breathing.

But somehow it felt... wrong. Like she was doing something she wasn't supposed to.

An odd feeling for her to have, but not a new one. Barbara had often felt the thrill of being in a place she didn't belong when operating as Batgirl. But those feelings had mostly cropped up in the early years of her crime-fighting career. By now, she was the veteran of many, many operations. So why did she suddenly feel anxious?

She couldn't shake the feeling. Even when she stalked through the dark, it was as if a shadow was looming over her. A shade that was watching her every move.

It almost distracted her from her objective. And that was... it was...

Barbara blinked, coming to a risky stop in the middle of the hall. She could hardly believe it. For a moment... she had forgotten why she was even there in the first place. But that was absurd. Years of training from Batman himself, plus Barbara's own sharp mind, her own grit and determination to fight criminals... Barbara's thoughts were never fleeting. She knew exactly why she was there.

Batgirl was there to gather intel on the Brotherhood. She was there to find a way to rescue Helena from servitude. And... and Dinah was there, too! Dinah had been their ticket in. But...

The redhead breathed in, suddenly feeling a dull ache spreading from the back of her head. She sighed, leaning against the wall.

If Dinah was already infiltrating the Brotherhood ceremony... then why was Barbara there at all?

Barbara groaned, rubbing her temples. A pointless effort because of her Batgirl mask, but the motion was reflexive to her aching head. But the dull throb that pulsed through her skull could not distract Barbara for long.

Why was she there?

Barbara was... she was Dinah's back-up, of course! She was there to keep Dinah from getting into trouble! And to collect intel on the Brotherhood, that too! Yes, that was it!

Satisfied with her own reasoning, the masked heroine continued on. Stepping further and further into the shadows of the Brotherhood's domain.

She was meant to be there, Barbara knew. This was part of her mission.

Down at the end of the long hallway, the redhead took notice of a peculiar door. It wasn't any different from any of the other doors, with nothing particularly distinguished about it. Just a regular door.

And yet the Batgirl couldn't look away from it. There was... a feeling, a ghostly sensation that crawled up Barbara's back. The door might have looked like a regular door. But what hid behind it, Barbara couldn't shake the feeling that it was important.

Batman had drilled Batgirl to be cautious, rational. But Barbara's father, Commissioner Jim Gordon, had taught her to trust her gut. And her gut was telling her that the door needed to be opened.

Barbara chose to follow her gut. Her father didn't make mistakes.

She did not creep or stalk or glide forward. There was no point in stealth. Not when there was something important to be done.

The young heroine strode forward with surety and purpose, reaching the end of the hall in little time. Reaching the door.

She opened it.

Barbara was doing the right thing, she knew. A feeling of triumph and accomplishment washed over her as she stepped through the open doorway... only for it to vanish as she set her eyes upon an unnerving sight.

A towering black stone took up the center of the strange room. No, not a mere stone. It was a boulder! Set upon a short, flat dais, the enormous black rock rose from the wooden floor all the way up to the high ceiling - a full two stories!

It absolutely dwarfed Barbara. And its size wasn't the only thing that unsettled the young heroine, but it's nature as well. Just looking at it sent a tingling buzz through Barbara's head. Not the headache she had before. No, this sensation was lower, subtler. Worms wiggling through her mind instead of a bashing hammer.

The stone stood there, immovable, timeless, without end. It thrummed with power - Barbara could feel it - and almost seemed to be glowing. But not a glowing of light. The stone seemed to emanate shadow.

Barbara stared at the towering rock, reluctant to tear her eyes away from the peculiar way the dim light seemed to dance across its glossy surface. It was mesmerizing. Hypnotic, even.

This... this isn't right. Barbara winced, groaning as she took a shaky step back. Rationality came racing back to her mind then, offering the redhead a moment of clarity. A flash of anger followed, mixed with fear.

Barbara blinked in stunned - frightened realization. This was the stone. The same glossy black stone from the Brotherhood rings! This was the source! It had to be!

The black stone that had the power to manipulate emotions, guide thoughts, and control minds. And Barbara was standing only a few feet away from it!

Look away! Look away now!

Every fiber of Barbara's being was screaming at her to get the hell away. Fighting against the unnatural draw she felt worming inside her, the redhead turned her eyes to the wooden floor. Breaking eye contact with the looming stone helped a great deal. It was like a jolt shot through Barbara's body, a strike of perfectly rational fear.

An instant later, Batgirl turned on her heels and bolted for the door she had just come in through...

...Only to come face-to-face with Headmistress Vivian Kaplan.

Barbara nearly tripped and stumbled into a heap, stopping herself mere inches from bowling the other woman over. For a moment, time was still. Barbara stared at Vivian and Vivian stared back. Barbara feared that the Headmistress would curse her out or cry for help to deal with the masked trespasser. Instead, the pale woman gave Batgirl a cold smile, her icy blue eyes twinkling with unknown intent.

"Hello, Batgirl." Vivian spoke calmly with her silky smooth voice. "I was wondering when you would take to the field."

Barbara didn't want to hurt the Headmistress. She had spotted her wearing a Brotherhood ring just the other day, which meant that Kaplan was just as much a victim of theirs as Helena was. But Batgirl needed to get out there. And Vivian Kaplan was in the way.

"Sorry about this, Viv." Batgirl muttered, swiping at the Headmistress' ankles with her leg.

The aim was to knock the lady on her ass. But when Barbara's leg made contact, there was no give at all. Only a sharp pain that shot through her ankle and shin. It was like kicking a metal bar!

Batgirl drew her aching leg back, stumbling back a couple steps. She sucked in sharp gasp, staring at the other woman with wide, shocked eyes.

Vivian Kaplan's smile grew, cherry red lips spreading wide across her flawless, porcelain face.

It was then that Barbara realized just how deep in the shit she really was. This wasn't a fight she could win with kicks and punches. Hell, this wasn't a fight that she could win period.

Barbara thought quickly. She was disadvantaged, but not helpless. Batgirl still had her tools and gadgets.

With lightning quick movements, she sent a handful of smoke pellets hurtling towards the Headmistress' feet. The detonated an instant later, a thick, dark cloud erupting outward to fill the air. Batgirl dove for a dark corner, moving herself out of sight. Against a stronger opponent, the shadows were her most valuable tool.

But rather than break out into a string of frustrated curses - as street thugs and mafia toughs often did - Vivian Kaplan instead let out a low, unsettling laugh.

"Smoke bombs. How quaint." Vivian strode forward into the cloud of smoke, her silhouette a dark mass - like she was the black stone itself come alive. Barbara watched from the shadows, silent and unmoving. Vivian continued, her voice now cold and sharp. "They won't help you, though. Resisting is pointless, Batgirl. You're just wasting your time."

Barbara glared, quietly stewing at the woman's words. They were lies. All lies. Others had tried to psych Batgirl out before. None of them ever succeeded. Tonight would be no different. All Barbara needed to do was get the hell out.

Batgirl bolted for the door for the second time.

But then some of the smoke seemed to come alive, twisting and moving on its own! It shot in front of Barbara, forming into a dark, narrow pillar. Then it grew darker, the cloud becoming solid right before Barbara's very eyes. The masked heroine could hardly believe what she was seeing. But then the cloud took on a face - a woman's face!

Barbara looked on, speechless and wide-eyed, as the dark cloud of smoke materialized into Vivian Kaplan!

The Headmistress gave a mocking laugh, wisps of thick smoke rising from her shoulders and arms. She leveled her cold gaze on the intruding Batgirl, making the redhead's heart skip a beat. Then, with a deadly smile, she began to advance.

Fear buzzed down Barbara's spine. Her plans trashed and thrown out the window, confronted with an adversary she was not equipped to handle, she was at a complete loss. Unthinking, she threw a punch right at Vivian's face.

...Only for Vivian to turn into smoke again. Barbara's hand passed right through where the woman's head would have been, the dark cloud swirling around her fist... and quickly reforming! But not into Vivian's head. The smoke closed around Barbara's wrist, solidifying into the iron grip of the Headmistress' hand!

This is so fucked.

Vivian gave a short chuckle, as if she could read Barbara's thoughts. Then, with a sharp tug, she pulled the masked heroine closer until their faces were inches apart. Batgirl didn't struggle or fight back - she had no desire to break her own arm.

"I told you." Vivian said, unimpressed. "Fighting me won't get you anywhere."

Then she gave Barbara a shove, sending the redhead stumbling backwards onto her ass. The pale, raven-haired villainess raised her hand then. At first, Barbara feared a magical attack. But instead, Vivian gave a simple flick of her wrist that sent the door behind her slamming shut.

No escape, Barbara noted.

With the fucked up stone at her back and the fucked up Headmistress blocking the only way out, Barbara was trapped. The redhead felt her spirit deflate, but not her nerve.

She might not be able to fight, but she could still poach some intel. The Bats had been taught to take every opportunity to learn about their enemy, even if it seemed like there was no point.

"You're magically attuned." Batgirl observed, crawling back away from the Headmistress. She drew her legs underneath her body, slowly getting back up. "Are you a demigoddess? Homo Magi?"

Kaplan took slow steps forward, pursing her full, red lips.

"A curious bat." She hummed, placing her hands on her hips. It was only then that Barbara noticed that the woman was wearing a flowing robe of shimmering black silk. Flowing, but somehow still form-fitting, the thin fabric clinging to her hips, belly, and bosom. "No wonder you're sneaking around my campus, breaking into my buildings."

As the Headmistress took steps forward, Barbara took steps back. She kept the distance between them even.

"There's something despicable happening on your campus, Kaplan." Barbara bit back, her voice heated with long-stewing anger. She'd been the calm, level-headed one between her and Dinah. But she'd always been just as furious about the Brotherhood as her friend was. And now it was all coming up to the surface. "In this very building, even. All because of that big rock behind me. And I'm here to put a stop to it."

Vivian only rolled her eyes. As if the two of them were only having a misunderstanding.

"Nothing happens on this campus without my knowing. And there's nothing despicable happening under this roof." Vivian spat out the word as if it was an absurdity, Barbara noted. Her words were sharp and heated, like she was insulted.

Barbara frowned. The stone had its tendrils buried deep, it seemed.

"I know you think you believe that. But you're being controlled, Kaplan." Batgirl urged the other woman, still slowly pacing backwards in step with the Headmistress' advances. "All the young men in this building, the Kingston Brotherhood, they've put you and many other women on this campus under their thrall. Students, teachers, other faculty, the Brotherhood are using them as sex slaves. These young men are sick. And they're forcing you to help them spread their sickness to any woman they can get their hands on!"

Vivian Kaplan came to a stop. There was an indiscernible look on her flawless face. Her icy blue eyes narrowed, regarding the masked heroine before her. Had her words gotten through, Barbara wondered. For a brief moment, the redhead dared to hope.

But then Vivian's lips curled into a smirk.

"Forcing me? Don't I wish."

Then, with another flick of her wrist, Vivian sent two snakes of smoke lashing out towards Barbara. They were lightning quick, striking at her wrists and ankles, clinging to them. In an instant, her hands and feet were bound together by the magic smoke, the thick clouds becoming darker and more firm until they were solid rock!

Before Barbara could even utter a word, she was bound, helpless, and rooted to the spot.

No escape, Barbara realized. No chance to break free.

Real fear raked through Barbara's body then, potent dread sinking deep into her belly. The redheaded vigilante could only watch as Vivian Kaplan closed in on her with slow, confident strides.

Barbara didn't scream or curse or cry. Not at first. But as the Headmistress moved upon her so sensually, reaching out to stroke her fingers across her cheek, Barbara's nerve came bubbling back up.

Ryswell
Ryswell
413 Followers