Bitch Known as a Ballbreaker

Story Info
A new CEO is hired to rejuvenate a clothing company.
9.4k words
4.22
8.4k
9
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

[Set in New Zealand]

BALLBREAKER - a demanding woman who destroys men's confidence. (Source: Free Online Dictionary.

Chapter 1

Susanna Bundy spent her first formative 12 weeks in a bassinette with a Barbie Doll attached at the far end of it.

When she graduated to a cot in the nursery, decorated in pink, the doll went with her, hanging near the end of the cot from the ceiling on an elasticised cord, waiting to be pulled as a plaything when Susanna could manage to sit up and gain the skill to grope.

She learned to recite the word 'mama' a couple of weeks before she managed to babble 'dada' and, not unexpectedly, her first bike was pink.

Oh yes, little blonde Susanna appeared destined to become an adult barbie.

Oh yeah!

It's probably her inherited grandparents' genes heavily stirred the pot as she developed.

Susanna's determination to become her version of herself had emerged by the time she entered college and spent the next four years gaining her Master's Degree in Business Administration and chose to socialize closely attached to a coven of lesbians.

Although her primary motive was to escape the marauding clutches of male students bent on dicking anything that moved - um literally, she found that link to a united female's defensive front was a surprisingly enjoyable experience with a social closeness almost beyond belief. However, after she left college. she mostly had sex with males that she could dominate.

Onward to the present.

* * *

A picture and bio of Susanna Bundy, (43), a straight-haired blonde and a little over-weight, known by relatives, friends and close business associates as being 'a hard-arse female', still unmarried but socially, rarely seen without a male by her side, appeared prominently in page one of the Business Section of the city's morning newspaper as the new 'strong-minded' CEO of Cascade Fashion Clothing.

The use of the words 'strong-minded' should have pricked up the ears of Cascade Fashion employees and readers generally in the business world because personal comment by reporters and columnists contributing to the business section was forbidden, um usually.

So, what did the editor of the business pages know about Susanna that the readership in general didn't?

It wasn't mentioned in that short business news item that Cascade had slipped to become the worst performing subsidiary of publicly-listed company, Bolton Business Enterprises Corporation.

People in possession of facts would know that Susanna's appointment would have followed her being head-hunted from Bolton International Travel Agency Franchise Opportunities to reconstruct senior management at Cascade and re-invigorate the company. If that plan failed, then she possessed the strength to unemotionally progressively wind-down the company into oblivion, at the same time selling off sectors deemed to have value.

Later that same day, at a luncheon for senior managers, the executive chairman of Bolton Business Enterprises, Charles Goodfellow, introduced Miss Susanna Bundy, as a 'powerhouse in business management' who'd been recruited to lead Cascade Fashion Clothing in a fight-back to prosperity.

"In her hands, your well-being and the prosperity of Cascade Fashion lies," Charles said optimistically. "Miss Bundy will now say a few words to end this momentous occasion."

Those optimistic comments resulted in generous applause, indicating that a spirit of hopefulness and goodwill remained alive within the management structure.

Susanna crossed to the lectern hearing whispers of 'Nice tits', 'She looks focused' and 'She's beginning her failed mission'.

She smiled thinly, as she reached the lectern.

"Hi everyone. Everyone in the company is invited to call me Susanna at all times. Thanks for the hand-clapping welcome. You may have noticed I exhibited what I believe is my most friendly smile. I have to say, some might say it's inappropriate to mention it at this point, but nevertheless I add that also whenever appropriate, I act like a total bitch on a mission."

"I say, do not be afraid. I shall be taking you on a mission and that is aimed at returning this company to profitability by raising its ranking in the markets in which we compete."

"There should be nothing unexpected in that statement, I suggest. How I display leadership toward achieving that goal is my choice. We live in a democracy and that means you and the people you manage are free to criticise my methods and even oppose me, but those taking that approach will bear the consequences if I believe their opposition could be detrimental to our over-riding mission."

"Consider this, I have my sights on the way forward via my business plan that will not be completely disclosed. I'm results-oriented and this company was influential in my appointment as being a person generally recognised as being a winner in turning ailing companies around. Some companies, of course, for a multitude of reasons cannot be saved, but it's my belief that this company can be taken into a brighter future."

"I ask you to remember those comments and if any group here opposes me, I ask everyone to reflect on one thing, and that is any group of opponents what is their alternative business plan, or indeed, do they have one?"

"That's all for now. Special Staff luncheons like this one, are forthwith cancelled until this company has evidence that it's back into profitability and that the trend looks like continuing."

"That cancellation is my first executive decision as your new CEO."

"I close now showing my happy smile. Remember the bitch within me can just as easily be released. Thank you."

The room was gripped in silence.

Charles waited a couple of ticks for speaker applause. When none was forthcoming, appearing a little shaken, he stood and made the closing comments.

"Thanks for listening everyone. The address you've just heard from your new CEO was grim. I must say the future of this company right now is grim, but I emphasise that doesn't need to be. We have the resources in place needed for turning this company around."

Miss Bundy, or should I say Susanna, has a track record of being an expert in this field of business-company rejuvenation. Both your board and I agree that's she's our top choice for this mission. We are pleased to have recruited her and Susanna has been given free rein by your board to achieve our goal of returning the company to profitability."

Charles walked off in silence accompanied by Cascade's board members including its chairperson Mrs Thelma Williams.

As managers stood to leave, one of them called, "Susanna, a question."

She replied, "This is not a question and answer session; it was a luncheon to introduce me. Please email your question to me. Thanks."

The managers filed out in a hub-bub of earnest discussions.

Within minutes, the manager of HR (Human Resources), Flo (Florence) Bridges, engaged with the new CEO.

"Susanna, have you decided on which one of the six listed PA's you wish me to line-up for you to interview?"

"No, I haven't, but of all the PA's who could be made available, which one has the firm backbone to work with me, now that you have witnessed me in action?"

Without hesitation, Flo said, "Paula Stewart, but she has only a modern business diploma, no degree."

"Offer her the job, please."

"B-but she's lowly qualified and..."

"My thinking is she's the one most unlikely to walk out on me in tears after our first clash. If you consider my sight-unseen is accurate, then appoint her if she's ready for the challenge. I suggest you tell her I can be a bitch."

"Omigod, this borders on recklessness."

"Flo, my first impression is I like you. But if you cannot carry out my instructions. I suggest you resign."

"I-I was simply attempting to steer you in the right direction."

"Thanks, Flo. You sound like a good team player. Just attempt to steer me the once, and then follow my instruction."

"Yes, Mrs Bundy."

"Flo!"

"Yes, Susanna."

"Thanks, coffee with me in my office at 2.30 pm today, Flo. Sign up Paula and bring her with you but say if she doesn't want to be my PA as the rumours will be spreading by now, tell her I won't resent her for making choosing not be stand beside me."

"You're difficult to predict, Susanna. I say this bravely, that a rumour has begun circulating that you are known as a ballbreaker."

"What's a ballbreaker, Flo?"

"I prefer not to say."

"That's fine, Flo. Leave it to my imagination."

Susanna had memorised the route to her office without any problem and found, as she had thought she might, the two chairpersons in her office.

"Whiskey, brandy, gin or white or red wine," she said walking to the drinks' cabinet? "I had the selection of beer removed because I don't like the smell of beer."

She leaned against her desk facing the visitors and said cheers, and three glasses of whiskey were clinked together in a toast.

"Right chairpersons, fire away, both barrels.

Charles said, "I was astonished that you went in boots and all."

"Yes, Charles. It was my preferred choice. Thelma?"

"I was horrified as well. You could have used a knife to cut the atmosphere in that room. Never before have I heard a speaker finish without the minimum polite applause."

"Ah, then I achieved what I set out to do, to ensure our managers are not seduced by the fact that I have a pretty face and that they now know it's likely I can kick butt. They have learned to expect the unexpected from me."

"Shouldn't the team leader at least appear to be a member of the team?"

"Usually that's a good point, Thelma. But here we have a company in dire straits, and previous CEOs and the top management would have used many of the accepted procedures to rally the team together and to beat the drum to kick-start over-all enthusiasm to gain a come-back. Perhaps what was really needed, elevated above heaps of smoothly encouraging words, were heaps of well-directed bouts of whip-cracking?"

"Yes, you explained that in your interview with the board after you were head-hunted," Thelma said.

Obviously in agreement, Charles said carefully, "But what we witnessed 15 minutes ago was you lobbing an unexploded live bomb into the midst of our senior managers."

"Exactly," Susanna smiled.

Encouraged by that brief response, Charles added, "Now that you have explained yourself more explicitly, I get your point. Why keep on with tactics that haven't worked?"

"But Susanna..."

"Charles, stop there. Remember our agreement, I'm to be left to do it my way and if it's clear that my methods are failing, I can be fired with the terms of the agreed exit package already included in my contract."

"Yes, Susanna," he sighed. "Incidentally, when I listened to your presentation at the luncheon, I thought I should ask you to have lunch with my eldest boy who's wallowing since his divorce. He tells his mother he needs motivating but we all know what's the use after three so-called experts in that field of consultancy failed to move him forward."

"Yes, I'll have lunch with him but warn him I'm not a qualified personal up-lifter or whatever they term themselves."

"It's too late, unfortunately. He flies home mid-morning tomorrow."

"Then invite me to your farewell dinner for him this evening. I take it you are having one?"

"Yes, but you are not family."

"Charles!" Susanna said sternly.

"Yes, your chastisement has worked. I'm off to phone my wife and if she's in favour of receiving an uninvited guest to possible bring some level of resolution to this family crisis, I'll call you back within thirty minutes. Thanks for pushing me."

Thelma looked at her watch and said she better go and allow Susanna to get on planning her whip-cracking assault of the company's entire work-force.

"Thelma," Susanna said mildly.

"Oh, I've allowed my tongue to run away on me. I should have said assisting you to implement features of our business plan that you have updated."

"Thanks Thelma. Please take me to lunch tomorrow, somewhere to talk privately, as my plan is to brief you thoroughly on each step I propose taking. That's because you'll possess useful advice through your long association with this company that I should consider."

"And ultimately, will you recommend that I be removed from the board?"

"Good gracious Thelma. I have only been here less than an hour. I can't consider steps of that magnitude until I get my teeth into everything. My area of focus is on production and management, which is outside the direct input of the board, don't you think?"

Thelma stood and said, "Agreed."

She and Charles then left.

Charles called back 10 minutes later to say his wife Elaine was expecting Susanna to arrive at 7.00 for cocktails before dinner. It would mean Susanna taking a 90-minute direct flight to the Auckland where they lived. He would leave on an earlier flight.

"That's fine. I trust Mrs Goodfellow wasn't upset by the intrusion?"

"To the contrary, especially when I described you as a professional trouble-shooter."

"That was clever of you to come up with that description, Charles."

He laughed, sounding pleased

* * *

Flo arrived at 3.00 with Paula in tow and made the introductions.

"Welcome Paula," Susanna said, closing the door. "What have you to say for yourself."

"Wow you're beautiful."

"At best, I'm merely good-looking. Moreover, I'm generally not one to respond to flattery. I imagine Flo told you I confessed to be a right proper bitch at times."

"Yes, or at least words to that effect," said the slim brunette with an appealing face and well- manicured and polished fingernails, as Susanna noted. "But she also said that you appeared to be a team person, meaning I guess the team moulded your way and that you showed indications of being a capable and fair-minded boss when things go to plan."

"Are you sure Flo said that?"

"I believe they were more or less accurate quotations."

"Do you know the precise meanings of competence, loyalty, confidentiality and friendliness?"

"Yes, absolutely.

"Absolutely?"

"Yes, and I say that confidently."

"You certainly did. Sit with Flo and begin having coffee and a cream or plain cake while I quickly scan your prepared and signed contract and consider counter-signing it."

"B-but you didn't ask me about my qualifications and competency as a PA. I'm the youngest and bottom ranked PA in the entire office."

"I understand that and even so, you were on the list I received. I suggest I can trust Flo to have only PAs on that list who could be transferred to me without too much immediate disruption to their present manager's work and that all are competent PAs."

"May I ask how many PAs were listed?"

"No, because that information usually remains confidential in hiring situations."

"Then why pick me?"

"Please don't repeat this to anyone, Paula. I specifically asked Flo which of those listed PAs would be best-able, in her opinion, to cope well with any bitching from me and the expected multitude of bitching that my office is likely to receive, especially in coming weeks."

"Omigod, that's a huge confidence call in me, isn't it?"

"It is indeed, and I remain impressed that Flo had the guts to take the plunge and pick just one person from the pack, knowing that my need for a woman was one who could be steadfast and cope with an atmosphere of hostility, that could prevail at least for a while."

Both Flo and Paula, colouring, sat looking at Susanna, slightly opened mouthed.

"Yes, my thinking and actions and comments can be somewhat unconventional," Susanna said. "Get used to it."

Chapter 2

Susanna's flight arrived on time and she reached Goodfellow's' home by cab at 7.05. She was met at the door by the hostess who greeted her as Susanna and asked to be called Elaine.

"Do we shake hands or kiss?"

"I'll kiss your lovely cheek," said the woman, who like her husband was in her sixties.

"That was lovely," Elaine said. "I hope you don't mind me asking this but how do you as an unmarried woman expect to help my matrimonial displaced son with really useful advice about settling himself before he attempts to find another female to court?"

"I've had wide experience as a trouble-shooter to sort out companies with business woes and in many cases the root causes come back to people, managers who constantly act poorly when faced with company issues and especially when coping with personnel issues."

"Elaine, just let me try, that's all I ask. I hope your son doesn't know why I've been invited here.?"

"Charles and I agreed to start with a clean slate thinking you may prefer that. I've told our son that you were the new CEO who started at Cascade today and that Charles was so impressed by you that he invited you here tonight on impulse. You are invited to stay the night with us. Charles sent you a text to cancel your hotel booking."

"Yes, I've done that," Susanne said.

She wondered what Charles had told Elaine when he'd become alarmed about the new CEO after her punchy verbal 'dump' shocked managers at her welcoming luncheon earlier that day. He may have omitted mentioning that speech. She shrugged, smiling.

Charles strode across the room and welcomed Susanne warmly and hugged her and kissed her cheek.

"Brandon, this is our new CEO at our Cascade subsidiary, Susanna Bundy. It's up to her to turn the business around hopefully before we are forced to decide to try to sell it off."

"Hi, Susanna," said the good-looking son who appeared in his late 30s and showed no sign of being a wimp. Did dad invite you here to try to sort me out?"

Avoiding answering that directly, Susana said, "Are you having business troubles?"

"Not at all."

"What is your job, Brandon?" asked, Susanna, watching his parents leaving the room discretely.

"I'm chief vet at a small animal hospital, south from here."

"Brandon, what did you mean when you thought your father invited me here, quote, to sort me out, end quote?"

"My problem wouldn't interest you."

"Try me," she said.

He appeared almost about to refused but then shrugged.

"My marriage ended officially, five months ago and it hasn't gone down well. I mean I loved my wife, really loved her, but she began having an affair with a guy at her office and soon became infatuated with him. She was the same age as me, thirty-seven, and he was only 28 and had wealthy parents who'd recently given him a customised gold coupe with white leather interior that my wife adored."

"She began spending almost as much time with him that she did with me and when she finally asked for a divorce, I threw my hands into the air and agreed. I have been a little unstable emotionally since that day. Over time, my parents engaged three different professional consultants working in the field of emotional and psychological trauma, with none of them managing to release me from being woefully adrift in my private life."

"What is your goal?"

"To be released from my mental chains to be free to find a woman to court."

Susanna looked away, wanting him to ask the question.

"What is it? Brandon asked. "Am I boring you?"

"Not at all. I'm interested in your problem but the possible solution I can suggest may seem too trite to you."

"Try me."

"Very well Brandon. I believe you are aiming too high to find you next woman, or perhaps two or three more after that. Learn to walk before you try to run. Attempt to land a female who appears to have the qualities that may trigger you into courting her, but please don't use the word courting to a modern woman."

"Huh?"

"There, I told you that my suggested pathway for you would seem too trite."

"No, you misunderstood my initial reaction. I said 'Huh' in figuring how anything could be that simple, and then your words, I mean you wisdom, began to sink in. I think that I should try that approach, by that I mean seriously and to give it time to produce results."