Bittersweet Irish Cream Ch. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

He turned to the table and said, "Now I appreciate everyone's investment and support of our relationship, and I'm sure Henrietta does as well-" Henrietta was scowling- "...albeit by the look on her face less so. You all have great solid marriages that we can look up to. But as for me, I'm not getting married, ever again. I did the white wedding walk, once was enough. But as far as love, commitment, trust, devotion, putting in the work, companionship, security, all of that, I'm living that every day with Jack."

He looked back to him. "It's me and you. Nothing is ever going to change that." Jack nodded. He leaned in for a kiss on the lips knowing everyone was watching and Ethan did not hesitate to return the kiss in front of their families. He tapped his lips twice, then leaned their foreheads together.

Suzanne beamed again. Marie said, "I think this is a good a time as any to bring out my apple pies."

~~~~~

For Christmas, Ethan's parents opted to spend it in Berkeley with AJ and Becky's side of the family, so Ethan came over to Jack's family for Christmas Eve dinner, a Frazier family tradition. He and EJ were to spend the night to wake up there Christmas day.

June made an announcement on the morning of Christmas Eve, "My boyfriend is coming to spend Christmas Eve with us." Ethan, who had a sinking suspicion of who her "boyfriend" is and a strong fact that Jack still had no clue, knew this was going to be bad, but decided to keep his mouth shut and see how it all played out.

Jack harassed her the whole day, "Who the fuck is this loser?" "Is he even from New York? Or is he from Idaho or some shit?" "You better not be fucking him." "I'm not going to like him am I? That's why you never mentioned him." "No really, who is this fucking loser?" "Just give me his name. It's like Blaine or Chad isn't it? Or Tyrone!?" "You better not be fucking him. If you get pregnant I'm going to fuck him up." Until Henrietta told him to knock it off and hid her upstairs.

Brayden came by late afternoon, went upstairs first to see Henrietta, then sat in the living room with Ethan and Jack to watch TV. Jack was complaining to Ethan, "I'm not being irrational, I know she is growing up, but I need my little sister to focus on her studies, not on some lame asshole who just wants to get in her pants. Because that's all it's about, I know it. She's so inexperienced, she doesn't understand how men think."

Ethan played the dutiful boyfriend and listened and nodded. Brayden sat through ten minutes of Jack's ridiculous rant and finally spoke up. "You should probably give the guy a chance," he said.

"What?" said Jack sharply.

"I think that whoever comes through that door for June, you should give the guy a chance. Hear him out. It might not be what you think." Ethan looked at Brayden intently. He was pretty sure Brayden knew what he knew.

Jack glared at him but Brayden continued, "I'm just saying. She's not a little girl, she's a grown woman now. And she will be dating and falling in love, getting married, having children before you know it. She's not always going to be just your kid sister. At some point you're going to have to let her go. Anyway, those are my thoughts."

Jack was quiet for a moment. Then said coldly, "Well Bray, I don't think anyone here asked you for your thoughts, did they? So how about you mind your fucking business?"

Ethan's mouth dropped at how nasty Jack was being. Brayden said calmly, "Listen, I'm just saying-"

Jack snapped at him, "Don't say anything. Because she's MY sister. My baby sister. It's my job to protect her and it will always be my job to protect her no matter how old she is. My job!" He punched his chest hard as he spoke. "I don't give a shit who this guy is that comes through that door for MY Junie, if I find out he's fucking her I'm going to make sure he never walks again."

Brayden smiled like he had a secret. "You sure about that, kid?"

Jack stood up, clenched his fists tight and said calmly, "Don't call me kid, dickhead. I will beat the shit out of you in my own house."

Ethan was stunned. He touched Jack's arm and called his name. "Jack! What the...stop!"

Brayden stood up and shook his head. "You got fucking issues, Jack." He said to Ethan, "Good luck with that one." He walked out of the living room.

Ethan was still stunned as Jack plopped back on the couch with him. "Jack what the fuck was that? Maybe Brayden has a point, maybe the guy won't be that bad-"

But the look Jack gave him made him was so cold it made him shut the fuck up too. After a few minutes of silence, Ethan slowly got up and went to find Brayden, who was coming out of the kitchen with another beer. As Brayden walked past him, he asked, "Bray, you know don't you?"

Brayden turned around and didn't answer his question, instead said, "Jack is going to flip the fuck out. So be ready."

"I mean, is he really going to go after him? His best friend?" Ethan whispered.

"You've never really seen Jack go off have you?" Brayden asked.

Ethan shrugged. "I mean, I've seen him upset, he's even snapped at me a time or two."

Brayden shook his head. "Jack has a temper. A bad one. And when he is there he's uncontrollable. There have been plenty of times that we've had to get him out of situations where we really thought he was going to hurt someone. He's grown out of it mostly but something like this is going to set him off tonight. It's better that it's here in front of his parents, they will keep him in check. But be ready." He patted Ethan on the shoulder and went upstairs to sit with Henrietta.

At ten minutes to 6pm the doorbell rang. Jack ran to open it and Liam was standing there. Ethan held his breath. "Hey, you're spending Christmas with us?" Jack asked, excited to see his best friend.

"Yea. I hope that's OK," Liam said cautiously.

"Of course, you're family. Where's Stacy?" Jack led him inside, helped him take off his coat.

"She couldn't come. Well I asked her to but she decided not to because...."

He trailed off as June and Henrietta started coming down the main stairs and Liam looked up at her. June looked stunning in a black off one shoulder three quarter length dress with a white band center and white heels to match. Her curly jet black hair hung loosely off her shoulders and her green eyes sparkled with the perfect natural looking makeup that Henrietta did for her. Even Ethan smiled widely. She certainly did not look like anyone's kid sister tonight.

Jack said to Liam, "Well I guess you needed to get away from the rat's nest and she didn't. Too many people in that damn house. It's cool. C'mon." Jack led him away from the front hall and noticed June coming down the stairs. He said, "Don't mind her, she just thought it was her loser boyfriend."

Jack sat next to Ethan in the dining room and left room on his other side for Liam. Liam walked halfway into the dining room but did not sit down. Marie and Mina came out the kitchen and stood there awkwardly as June and Henrietta stood in the doorway of the dining room, also awkwardly. Ethan sat in his seat staring straight ahead. Brayden casually came into the room from the living room and stood against the wall. The only person who didn't feel the tension was Jack.

Liam looked around and took a deep breath and exhaled loudly. He looked at Jack, then turned around and walked over to June and took her hand.

"Hi," he said.

She smiled. "Hi."

Jack was confused at first. "What the fuck are..." And then it hit him like a punch to the dick.

He got up slowly. Liam and June turned around to face Jack, hands entwined. No one spoke as Jack saw red, then he exploded. "YOU'RE FUCKING MY LITTLE SISTER!??"

He started moving towards them with speed but Ethan got up quickly and grabbed his arm, holding him back. Liam protectively moved June behind him as Jack tried to pull away from Ethan forcefully. Ethan tried, "Jack-"

Jack screamed at him, his green eyes almost black with rage, "Get the fuck off me, I'm going to kill him, I'M GOING TO FUCKING KILL YOU, LIAM!"

Brayden and Henrietta both ran over to help Ethan hold Jack back. But Jack was a lot stronger than Ethan thought he was because he felt like all three of them were all being dragged by Jack as he got closer to Liam, despite their best efforts.

Liam said, "Jack listen, you have to know something-"

"No!" Jack yelled. "You need to get the fuck away from my sister right now. NOW!"

June moved from behind Liam, let go of his hand and came toward Jack. "Jack stop, please! You want to be mad at someone, be mad at me. It's my fault we didn't tell you."

Jack still struggling against all of the hands holding him said, "Tell me what? That you're fucking my best friend? No you are a fucking kid, but this motherfucker right here...this sister fucker...fucking my baby sister... I'm going to rip your fucking heart out your chest!"

June shrieked at him, "Stop saying that! We aren't just fucking, I love him! And he loves me! Why is it OK for you to be in love and not me!?"

Jack yelled back, "Because you're a fucking kid! What do you know about love and sex?"

"I am not a kid! I'm 20 fucking years old. And I fell in love with the most amazing man and it killed me that I couldn't just tell you because I knew you would react this way!"

"How did you think I was going to react?" Jack cried. "How could you not tell me Junie? That you've been with Liam? Liam!? What the fuck! I tell you everything. Everything! We don't keep secrets from each other, ever! How could you keep this from me?"

Liam started from the doorway, "We wanted to tell you at Thanksgiving but you guys never came back for Sunday-"

But Jack started struggling again against all the hands and said, "Don't you dare fucking talk to me! You saw me every day for...HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN FUCKING MY BABY SISTER!??"              

He really started fighting to get to Liam, and Ethan and Brayden had to use more strength. "Jack, calm the fuck down," Ethan said sternly.

"FUCK THAT!" Jack escaped their hands by turning around and started heading to the other side of the table to go around. "How long, Liam? How long?" He started running and Ethan and Brayden tried to tackle him. He managed to get a little closer until Uncle Henry, who had been in the living room with EJ came into the dining room hearing all the commotion.

"ENOUGH!" He growled to Jack, "Sit down. NOW!" Jack glared at his uncle, but sat down in the nearest chair. Ethan sat down next to him on the side that was closest to Liam, and Brayden stood behind his chair.

June started talking. "It started about eight months ago, after your birthday gathering. Something changed between us and believe me we wanted to tell you, especially Liam, but I wanted to be the one to do it. Because you are right, we tell each other everything first. But it just never seemed like the right time and every holiday it just kept getting pushed back. So be mad at me, not him."

Jack was barely listening. "I'm not allowing this shit. It ends today," Jack ordered.

His aunt, still standing in the kitchen doorway said, "No, Jack. You can't do that, you can't control your sister's life that way."

"If I say it's over then it's over," Jack was so angry he couldn't look at either of them. June went over and knelt between him and Ethan, tears in her eyes.

"Jack, please. Please. I know you have always protected me and cared for me, kept me safe. You're keeping your promise to dad, I know. But you don't have to do that anymore. I'm not that same little girl you held in the cubby closet anymore. I'm not your Junie. I'm June Elizabeth Redmond Frazier. I'm a woman and my own person. And it's Liam who I've chosen.

"You trust Liam with your own life. Why can't you trust him with mine? Because I do. I trust him with my heart, my life and everything in between so please. Just let us explain, show you that this isn't some one time random affair. It's as real as you and Ethan, I promise you. Please Jack." Tears rolled down her face, but Jack was still seeing red and it dawned on him. He stood up again and Ethan looked at him.

Jack glared at him. "Did you know?" Ethan held his gaze but did not answer.

Jack spatted at him, "Fucker!" He looked around. "Did you all know!?" No one said anything. Jack scoffed, "Fuck all of you. I'm out of here."

He walked to the dining room entrance glaring at Liam. At first Liam did not look at him but in the last second as Jack walked past him, he looked Jack in the eyes, giving him a defiant stare back. Jack turned away first, grabbed his coat and walked out, slamming the front door behind him.

Ethan stood up. "I'll go after him."

"No, I'll go," Liam said. "I know where he went. And it's me he wants to hear from."

Liam left and walked through the orchard in the dark, following the path to the Jennings territory line. He found Jack in his tree, where he always goes to be alone and think. Jack was sitting in the V part of the trunk, fuming because he forgot his gloves. He glared at Liam as he walked over. Liam leaned on one side of the tree not facing him. They didn't speak for a few moments.

Jack then snapped at him, "How the fuck could you not tell me, Liam? You saw me every day and...you didn't tell me you were falling in love with my sister?"

"And every day I wanted to, trust me," Liam said. "But when it started, we didn't even know what it was, how could we explain it to anybody else? Let alone you, you think I didn't know I was signing my death warrant with this? The day of your party, we were just talking. I asked about her life in New York, she asked about my future plans here, and it was just...nice you know. Like all of a sudden June is a person, not just Jack's kid sister. And I promise you, I never looked at her before that day."

"You shouldn't have looked at her at all," Jack growled.

"I wasn't trying to!" Liam cried. "It was a connection I felt, we felt individually but brushed it away and never talked about it. Then she came home and we had her little party and again, we talked and again it was nice. She was openly flirting with me, remember?"

Jack said dismissively, "She was drunk."

"I thought so too, but she wasn't. Ask your other sisters." He paused.

"I started it. I kissed her that night. I needed to know and she kissed me back, with no hesitation. Then we started hanging out. I mean, we all hung out all summer, here, my place, Ethan's place. But then we'd find moments to be alone and we were drawn to each other. We didn't think to tell you because it couldn't go anywhere, she was in college I was here and we thought we were keeping it light and fun. But then she had to go back and it was like my heart was ripping apart.

"The day she left I knew I was in love with her. We agreed not to talk because we both knew it would be hard to let go but I just couldn't let it go. I don't do relationships, you know this, and definitely not long distance. How many times have I told you that Bray and Etta were crazy for doing it? But I'd do it for her, Jack. I'd walk to the moon and back for her if she was on it."

Jack had to admit to himself he had never heard Liam talk about any girl in this way. He let Liam continue telling him about his love affair with his sister.

"After my Tuesday shift right after she left, I got in my car and drove to her dorm, and didn't even tell her I was coming until I was already there. She opened the door and took one look at me and started crying and laughing, and my stupid ass starts crying and laughing too. We both just knew. August 21st, we made it official right then and there.

"We planned on telling you that weekend but then you left with Ethan that Sunday and didn't get back until late. Then we promised we would tell you together, but it just never seemed like the right time. Then we planned on Thanksgiving but you all went to Connecticut, and then you didn't come back with everyone that night. So we said Sunday dinner that's it, we're telling everyone, and again you stayed in Connecticut until late with Ethan. But we decided to just tell everyone else then. The only reason why Ethan knows is because he caught us making out in your house over the summer. But y'all weren't together then so we knew he wasn't going to say shit."

Liam stood up and faced Jack. "I love her. I love June. I will never hurt her. Shit, I'm pretty sure I love her more than she loves me so she has more power here than I do. She's it for me, Jack. June is beautiful, smart, loving and funny. She challenges me and motivates me. I'm taking online classes for IT and coding, all because she encouraged me, told me I could do it, that I was smart enough for college, and I just needed to find my passion. Nobody ever believed in me like that."

"I do," Jack said. "I never thought you were a dumb kid and I told you that. I always believed in you."

"Then believe me now when I tell you, June is the love of my life. I'm going to do everything right by her. I'm going to be a better man every day, just to be worthy of her. I'm not asking for your permission, I don't need it because she already gave me hers when she gave me her heart. I'm asking for your understanding. And forgiveness for keeping something so big from you. OK and maybe your blessing." He smiled.

Jack shook his head in disbelief, but stood up and held out his hand for a shake, looked at Liam right in the eyes. Liam gleefully took it, but Jack squeezed him tight and pulled him close. "You better not ever-"

"I won't. I won't ever cheat on her," Liam said automatically, shaking his head profusely. Jack knows Liam is famous for having two girls and keeping them both in the dark.

Jack shook his head again. He exhaled. "Okay." He reached his other hand around Liam for a brotherly hug and Liam did the same. They started walking back to the house. Liam happily and excitedly grabbed Jack by the shoulders and jumped around. Jack said, "Cut that shit celebratory shit out. I'm still mad you took her virginity."

"Is that what this is about? Because Jack, I didn't take her virginity," Liam said.

Jack stopped in his tracks and faced him. "My sister was a virgin going into college."

Liam shook his head slowly. "No, she wasn't. And I'm not her second either."

Jack's eyes narrowed. "That's impossible. Unless she was screwing some guys in New York!?"

Liam opened his mouth, then closed it. Jack caught it. "She... wasn't.... before she left? Who the fuck fucked my baby sister in this town!?" Liam stood there looking dumb. "Somebody I know?" Jack asked testily.

"Let it go, Jack. You wont like the answer so let it go."

"One of my friends!?"

Liam laughed. "It wasn't me. That's all I know."

Jack walked on. "I'm going to find out who took my baby sister's innocence and fuck their whole shit up," he said seriously.

"Didn't you get your man cherry popped at 15?" Liam reminded him.

"That's not the same."

"So a double standard then?"

"Shut the fuck up," Jack said. Liam laughed then Jack smiled.

They walked and talked about all the times he snuck down to see June in New York or weekends she sneaked up and he paid for her room at the Inn while Jack was there with Ethan. By the time they got back to the house, Jack knew everything about their relationship. Ethan and June were standing on the porch in the cold waiting for them. June approached Jack first, the question in her eyes.

Jack hugged her. "It's fine. It's whatever," he grumbled.

She hugged him tighter. "Thank you." She kissed his cheek, then went to Liam to kiss him.

Jack went to stand next to Ethan. "Are you OK?" Ethan asked.

"How the fuck could you not tell me?" Jack asked hotly.

"I am under no contractual obligation to tell you what I might or might not have seen before we were official," Ethan said.