All Comments on 'Bittersweet Irish Cream Ch. 10'

by Kabba118

Sort by:
  • 8 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Nice job tying up most of the loose ends from chapter 9! 👍😊 What a nightmare that was!!

I enjoyed, and was almost satisfied with how things with Carlos were sorted out! Mostly!!!

Ethan finally figured out how selfish and dangerous Carlos was! Its just to bad he didn't take care of it himself in a much more physical way, and I don't mean in a bed! Jack knew well not to allow Ethan that opportunity, Carlos would have likely had him in a three way the night of the drinking party, had he walked them to the room! I wanted Ethan to kick his disrespectful ass, but he left it to Jack to do the dirty work! Jack however seems to be more suited to such things!

Carlos got off to easy! And I fear he really has not learned his lesson quite yet. But Ethan really got off to easy, probably due to the guilt Jack still felt about leaving him standing in front of the Inn when he went on his murderous revenge spree!

It felt like Ethan took the easy way out with his Best Friend! I hope he does not regret that at some point! I understand better the love that Ethan felt for Carlos now, and how hard it must have been for him to be so conflicted! First loves can be like that!

I'm not into all the violence, but if anyone deserved to get his face pummeled it was Carlos! I was very disappointed that Ethan gave in so easily in forgiving Carlos, and told him that they were good! But I loved that Ethan would not allow Carlos to stand as his Best Man, or even be part of the Ceremony! Nice touch! That had to sting for both of the friends! Carlos is still trouble, and I doubt that he has learned anything! He still understands the power he holds to manipulate Ethan! And I doubt he will happily go along with Ethan's wishes, even though he agreed to the terms! Maybe I'm wrong, but Leopards never change there spots! Very well done, after leaving things in such a Huge Mess in chapter 9. This is one of my favorite stories on Lit. It has to be good to bring out all of the tears, anger, and Crazy emotions I have felt! 5 Stars

tjdhall2tjdhall2about 4 years ago
Update

To the faggot die comment: 🤐, to the other one re: Carl9s not changing and really not learning a dymn thing, i'm 100% in agreement w/everything you said. He's going to cause even MORE trouble given the chance once the two get married to prove ti Ethan what a mistake he made, watch and see, please DON'T let that happen.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Cut Carlos out of your lives

First, thoughts on Carlos... the relationship between he and Ethan is unhealthy and toxic. He can not be trusted. How many chances does he get? No more, that’s how many. He is a selfish, disrespectful, vile man and is certainly no friend to Ethan. He proved it when they were 16, again with Justin, and now with the shitstorm he started with Jack. He maybe does believe he loves Ethan, but it is a desperate, lonely, possessive, disrespectful type of love which of course is no kind of love at all. Just a pathetic, hollow obsession. The evil things he spewed when he got his nose broke illustrate his true self. He will never change and there is no truth to his promises. He needs to be walked away from for good. It’s likely he would have others in his life he could count on if he wasn’t such a self-consumed asswipe!

Now, as for Ethan - he is an idiot to not have seen this before - he should have burned that bridge at 16 OR most certainly with whatever happened with Justin. In the span of the weekend, Carlos maliciously threatened to destroy what he had with Jack at least 3 or 4 separate times. And Ethan still let each and every time happen. Despite his claims of love for Jack, if he had walked the drunken Carlos and Jorge back to their room there is little doubt that Carlos would have successfully had Ethan in another threesome. The only way that wouldn’t have happened is because Jorge seems decent enough to stop it. What does that really say about the strength of Ethan’s judgement? Ethan was forgiven far too easily for his outrageous dissing of Jack. The only strong thing he did was forbid Carlos from being best man or coming to his wedding ceremony. But frankly that was still not enough.

Next, as for Father O - that is a true man of God, and his love for his faith, his role as a priest, and for Jack and Ethan is beyond admirable.

Lastly, there’s Jack - he put up with a lot of shit that Valentines weekend (probably in large part because of his guilt for the hell he put Ethan through re: Ireland). I don’t condone violence but I cheered out loud when he pummeled Carlos’ sorry ass. Jack got him good but Carlos really deserved WAY more (ok, not like a pipe up the ass or anything but still much more). Even this far into their story, I still feel like Ethan and Jack use sex in place of true honest straight-from-heart communication to express themselves and that is not always a good thing.

To the author, fantastic work and story - I often don’t like some of the twists and turns but I respect and recognize your talent and skill in crafting such a compelling tale. I really like the story and just keep reading to see what’s next. Thanks much for that.

sm1982sm1982over 2 years ago

I love this chapter for the simple fact that Jack reacted the way I hoped he would when Carlos kissed Ethan. I wish Ethan had been the one to hit him because it was disrespectful. I’m not a fan of how Ethan told Carlos when he initially had asked what would Ethan do if he kissed him that he would be confused. That made no sense when he told Carlos a few times he didn’t love him anymore, that he stopped loving him the moment Carlos had told him he could never love Ethan the way Ethan loved him. Plus, Ethan was engage to Jack and was repeatedly insisting Jack was the one for me so he should’ve treated Carlos like he did his other exes, like someone he no longer loved/wanted to be with.. And in all honesty, there was nothing about Carlos’ character that could convince me why Ethan should have second thoughts on giving him up. He’s immature, an obvious user cuz of why he really brought Jorge, only wanting “our” Ethan cuz he had something real with Jack, and purposely trying to cause E & J to break up. Ethan even told Carlos how Jack was a better man than him yet it’s made to look like he enjoyed Carlos’ attn even in front of the great man he had. That didn’t add up to me.

CocoPop1CocoPop1almost 2 years ago

THE SATISFACTION! Carlos was begging for a beating and he get what he was asking for. And Ethan should have avoided the kiss. Carlos is the kind of person that keeps people around to make him feel good about himself and he seams kind of narcissistic

geemeedeegeemeedeeover 1 year ago

“So we'll be fucked up together, forever in this bitch.” That line made my day. Realest sentence in the whole damn chapter. Lol.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I have read chapters 9 and 10 like 3 times. I love Jack especially when he let Ethan know he wasn't walking Carlos drunk ass any where. Then Jack bust Carlos' ass for kissing his man Eathan. I know Violence is NEVER the answer but.. kick his ass for me Jack, just on principle.

Exluke1Exluke1about 1 year ago

Great chapter again! I can think of at least 3 times Ethan should have punched Carlos himself. Carlos cannot be trusted and Ethan Needs to cut him out of his life. Plain and simple.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userKabba118@Kabba118
All works, stories, and characters are COPYRIGHTED through the US Copyright Office under the name ESKAY KABBA. ***December 2023 Update*** Bittersweet Irish Cream is COMPLETE on Google Play Books! https://play.google.com/store/books/details/Eskay_Kabba_Bittersweet_Irish_Cream...