All Comments on 'Bittersweet Irish Cream Ch. 11'

by Kabba118

Sort by:
  • 7 Comments
lonelyheartVAlonelyheartVAabout 4 years ago
This series has been wonderful

I really enjoy it.

tjdhall2tjdhall2about 4 years ago
Update

Again to buttfkrs comment :🤐 ya don't have to read the story, find another🤷‍♀️, it's GR8!!anywho continue on!! More, more, more

BlowPopJBlowPopJover 3 years ago
Wonderful

This series had me on pins and needles. Ethan and Jack had a lot going on and the way you were able to pull them together was amazing. I definitely enjoyed when Jack bloodied Carlos nose and then the talk he had with him at the reception. At least Carlos now knows Jack means business.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
A wedding reception is not the place for this

As Ch 11 concludes, a few more thoughts offered by a new reader...

I knew Carlos should have been cut out of their lives. He is a constant threat and a cancer on their relationship. Even while he was fairly well-behaved for him, his presence incites undesirable drama and unnecessary tension. It is clear as day to everyone (including Ethan at this point) that he’s bad news. His love/obsession with Ethan is warped and unhealthy in every way. Ethan does not need his toxicity in his life and there will be more drama if he stays a “friend.” It is not at all clear why Ethan is so bonded to him given his extreme unpleasantness, blatant ongoing disrespect and brokenness for many years. The explanation of “Ethan makes bad choices in love” is a sham and not enough to explain why he wants to keep Carlos around.

And this reception was not like any I’ve ever heard of... it should have been a time of joy and celebration of E&J (and some of it was - big kudos for the Redmond painting). But far too much focused on ex-lovers and who had fucked who? WTF? A reception is no place for that! Thats talk for a different time and place. The Conner storyline swoops in at the 11th hour (I know there are side stories about him) but why at their wedding reception? And the crude talk of him being Jack’s first top to Carlos was unneeded. Then Jack chooses to not share this fact with Ethan when it will very likely come back to haunt via Carlos. These two guys really need to stop with the unending secrets, halted conversations and withholding of truths. Each time chips away a little or a lot at their marital foundation. And a balcony blowjob is not a suitable replacement for honest communication. Btw, Liam has clearly been positioned as Jack’s best friend and Conner barely mentioned, so it also seemed forced.

Another example of secrets that should’ve come out earlier - is Ethan’s fortune and 6.5 years of high $ earnings. The math is off a bit - Ethan was 26 when he met Jack, so that would meant he was 19, maybe 20 when he started earning huge bucks (but said he started during his senior year in college). We have a lost gap of at least 2 years here. Plus the earlier story about Dad Alan telling Ethan (just before he moved into the Inn) that he was a huge fuck-up and disappointment seems impossible. Sure maybe he made some bad choices with relationships etc but if the guy is sitting on that kind of cabbage, it seems very hard to believe his dad would come down on him like that. I know money isn’t everything and E wasn’t happy in that life but is hardly a fucked up disappointment?!

But what I entirely hated was Jack’s admission that he knew Ethan would willingly sleep with Carlos and was too weak to resist if Carlos really came on to him. That speaks to a very unstable base of their marriage/future and in Ethan’s core character. I know Ethan has cheated multiple times but that was all before he feel deeply in love with Jack. If that is still the case then Ethan is a completely different person, father, husband, man that I thought him to be with Jack. And Jack’s comment that he’d forgive cheating with 100 non-Carlos men was sad and pathetic. If they are the loves of each other lives, this would be a no -issue and never even be a serious thought, let alone something you would vocalize to someone like Carlos. This story is not that damn Jolene song! Jack should be Ethan’s one and only and vice versa so to hang that out there like an ominous red flag really makes me question how real all of this is. I hope it never goes even remotely down that path.

So I look forward to more of this story but please don’t confuse interesting character development with slutty shameful infidelity. And the mention of Red Jackie’s return is off-putting - unless you mean in the sense of beating the shit out of Carlos more versus going on murderous rampages. I’ll keep reading unless this goes completely off the wheels and I just can take it anymore! Seriously though you are very talented. Thanks for sharing your creativity.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Simply The Best!

After reading and loving A Love For Micah I very much looked forward to reading this story. I was not disappointed! This chapter had me in tears! You, sir, have a gift! And thank you for sharing it freely. The development of the Carlos character was so clear I feel like I've actually met him in person. You've been "bookmarked" and I'm very much looking forward to your future writings!

sm1982sm1982over 2 years ago

Ehh I still have not read anything that would be believable as to why Ethan would ever have loved Carlos and why Jack had to once again warn him to back off his relationship with Ethan. Carlos doesn’t even respect Ethan as a friend, why would he ever as a lover? He is so drastically different from Jack, a man who has shown and proven how much he loves Ethan. And I’m over how both Ethan and Jack have made it clear that Ethan was not only happy with Jack, serious about him but that he was in love with him. Carlos had some nerve telling Jack that Ethan liked intellectual men because he didn’t go to college yet that moron can’t even get it through his thick skull that Ethan wants to be with Jack! Only thing that remotely can even be used in Carlos’ favor is the fact that he’s known Ethan a long time and is familiar with him but there is nothing about their relationship that would ever have me believe that Ethan felt love from Carlos. Carlos doesn’t even deserve Jorge who appears to be a great guy and someone who should’ve dumped Carlos the moment he saw him kissing his best friend the first time they met cuz that cemented exactly what the intention of that trip to visit Ethan was really about..

With that stated, I’m happy for E & J and both their unions. Neither one of them had wanted to get married for the first or second time but they both had asked the other for their own reasons. I noticed you had included in Jack’s warning to Carlos that Ethan had taken back Jack so quickly, something some readers had criticized in the chapter it occurred. That should’ve been left alone because Ethan had time to think while Jack was gone about what they had as well as seeing how Liam and Brayden were dealing with with the women they loved also being gone. He looked at the bigger picture and it would’ve been dumb for him to give up on this great love all because he was going to Ireland. Plus the fact that it wasn’t a deal breaker for Liam and Brayden. They weren’t overly dramatic about what their girlfriends were doing. And Jack truly loved Ethan. And compared to how Ethan allowed Carlos to openly flirt, kiss him, verbally attack Jack and try to break up their relationship, that’s far worse than Jack leaving because he left to avenge his parents murder while Ethan had history with Carlos and even when he knew how Carlos acts when Ethan’s in a relationship to stir trouble, he still welcomed him to meeting Jack without making it clear how serious they were by letting him know ahead of time that they were engaged.

Exluke1Exluke1about 1 year ago

I truly love this story. Carlos is bad news all the way around and should be permanently out of their lives. Carlos should not be any part of the wedding, especially the reception as there is more time to cause chaos! Jack sees it but why doesn’t he actually have a real conversation with Ethan about it? Also, Might be nice if Connor (who is a good friend but not best friend-that honor is Liam’s) went to Ethan‘s well to share Jack’s heartfelt comments to Carlos too and Carlos’ response about them getting together for a‘quickie’ sometime in the future is just another confirmation of his reasons why he wants to stay in EB’s life. Carlos does not and has never thought of himself as Ethan‘s best friend. He thinks of him is the man he’ll eventually settle down with as he stated saying when they had that morning flirtatious conversation on Ethan‘s couch at the B&B. Both Jack and Ethan have a lot of things they are hiding about Carlos. Ethan didn’t tell Jack about Carlos dream that they would be together in the end for one thing. Nor has Jack felt comfortable telling Ethan to stay away from Carlos because he’ll walk away if he screws up with him. and won’t be able to forgive Ethan. I get what and why Jack is saying this to attempt to entice Carlos’ to really care about Ethan’s heart. Jack is really the smartest one in his understanding the ups and downs of marriage. Besides I honestly think Ethan would cut Carlos out of his life if Jack just earnestly asked. Unfortunately we all have friends from the past we no longer associate with for good reasons and chose different ones like Ethan is choosing Braydon.

Talking about finances on the wedding day is way too late. It’s generally number one in studies as a primary issue leading to a divorce. Jack’s cool that it’s not important to him but they both should have known better. What’s truly not cool that Ethan’s dad asked about a prenup and that didn’t get addressed. Half million dollars sounds a lot EJ to get when he turns 18. Strikes me as a recipe for disaster knowing his genetic predisposition from his mom to struggle with substance abuse.

Lastly I fear them buying this hotel is seriously gonna throw off the life/work balance for Ethan that makes him happy.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userKabba118@Kabba118
All works, stories, and characters are COPYRIGHTED through the US Copyright Office under the name ESKAY KABBA. ***December 2023 Update*** Bittersweet Irish Cream is COMPLETE on Google Play Books! https://play.google.com/store/books/details/Eskay_Kabba_Bittersweet_Irish_Cream...