All Comments on 'Bittersweet Irish Cream Ch. 14'

by Kabba118

Sort by:
  • 11 Comments
BlowPopJBlowPopJabout 3 years ago
OMG

Oh wow! This chapter was amazing!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Yeah.. its a great idea to get drunk and touch and flirt and torture and ignore, and eye fuck your first love, right in front of your husband and lover! Jack was a complete douche bag asshole!! He hurt Ethan and their is no excuse for that. He cannot take back how he behaved ever, its done!

Ethan should have told Jack if he ever behaved that way again it would be over with, he would leave him, and mean it! Only in this story would things work out the way they did!! The only one I was not furious with was Ciaran! This was worse than Carlos and Ethan by far! And Ethan once again showed what a pussy he is!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Huh

So Jack meets Chris the summer before his sophmore year in high school and tells him exactly what happened to his parents and they plan the murders together in the 2 months they were together. Ethan begs Jack whose living with him by now and raising EJ with him, to tell him whats wrong for months and Jack only relents the night he's leaving for Ireland. Anytime Ethan brought up Jacks parents, Jack instantly gets mad and shuts Ethan down. But Jack openly told someone he just met at age 15/16 everything....Think this Chris guy has more of a hold on Jack than Carlos does on Ethan. Although Ethan did admit when Carlos asked him what would happen if he kissed him that he would probably kiss him back., which Jack overheard and never called him out on it. Jack just kissed Chris's cheek.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
This chapter was not amazing

I love this story - not all parts of it and not all characters and it even all the sides of Jack and Ethan. So I keep reading it and am excited when new chapters come out.

But really, why another torturous far-fetched evening with a first love. It is impossible to believe that Jack behaved almost to the letter as Ethan did with Carlos - and replayed it back to him in hateful revenge. All the things that happened between Ethan and Carlos (inappropriate comments, blatant sexual memories, flirting, touching, drinking, drugs, eye-fucking, boners, being alone, ignoring your husband’s feelings and discomfort, basically being cluelessly whorish) happened again - but it’s even worse because it’s years later, married, Jack only knew Chris for a few months, two kids (who are present - that poor EJ sees and hears things that no little kid should - why?!) and Jack knows exactly how he making Ethan feel because he felt that way watching Carlos!! This doesn’t make the characters interesting - it makes them empty, selfish, void of compassion! And despite all the pledges of true love and deep devotion, chapters like these make it questionable that people who love each other can continue to be so reckless with their lust and affection for others.

Again, Ethan and Jack have proven to be terrible communicators. Ethan doesn’t need to tell Jack to not be a drunken slut with his first love, and Jack doesn’t need to hear Ethan say he doesn’t like it to not throw down a Game On! Childish and not cool.

Then the decision to name your beautiful baby girl after the first guy your husband fucked is beyond ludicrous and fucked up. Shit like that would NEVER happen. JC, my ass! No way.

I don’t even need to go into the Conner story. He again acted like an asshole, hid behind his friends like a cowardly bitch, subjected Afia, Jack, and Jamel to uncalled for racism and homophobia. Why would you have a pregnant Afia be knocked to the ground?! And as much as Matty deserved to be beat down, Jack’s violent temper and acceptance of his behavior is one of the WORST parts of this story. I completely agree with the other reader that Jack confiding his secret to Chris and conspiring his death wish plan at age 15 and then talking freely about it in front of Ethan (knowing what inexcusable hurt Jack put on him) is beyond reason. Things like that simply can not be believed. Another example of how an attempt at a dramatic storytelling twist undermines the true love and connection between Jack and Ethan.

I will continue to read this story - and really do enjoy so much of it - but it disheartens me when unrealistic things detract from the central love story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Relationships are complicated

Wow, early comments are really pulling this down. This chapter was beautiful, and frustrating, and cathartic, and concerning, just like...Life. Pivotal relationships stick with us, especially when there is no closure. Chris abandoned Jack, who was already traumatized by his childhood, Connor showed up 4 days later with his own issues, Jack never expected to be in a long-term relationship and is still trying to figure out if he deserves Ethan’s love. We know from other chapters that they belong together, but the journey is never easy.

Kabba118Kabba118about 3 years agoAuthor

I do appreciate the comments, I read every single one multiple times so I get a sense of how people feel about the story and the chapters. And I read my emails too, even the annoymous ones, so thank you for reaching out. Even if you're frustrated with the way the story is going, I hear you. But I wanted to make a comment here.

What can I say except, if you're waiting for things to be simple and easy (or realistic as some keep pointing out) between them then I think you are reading the wrong story or missing who Jack and Ethan are. I named it Bittersweet for a reason. They are both coming into this relationship with a LOT of baggage and insecurities and it comes out in the worst ways. For Ethan what some of you are calling "pussy" is a man who is in love with someone so deep that he accepts the bad in Jack. For Jack, the commenter got it right, Jack is still trying to figure out if he deserves this life with Ethan, if he deserves Ethan's love, but he is also struggling with his internal demons. They unknowingly test each other, like with Chris and Carlos, but they will never cheat on the other ( no one ever has to worry about that in this story, they got enough going on!) and will be the water to each other's fire. Its not a typical love story but their love is real and their bond will never be broken. Jack will continue to be violent and Ethan will continue to accept that part of him. If you don't agree with that, you're probably going to hate the last chapter, and I'm okay with that. Not all my stories are like this, I promise! 😁 But this one is what it is and Jack and Ethan are who they are.

-KK

Jack will continue

chilliwackbc2020chilliwackbc2020about 3 years ago

Jack and Ethan both need a kick in the ass for their behavior, but I love them both. They do love each other so much, and you know they are going to do OK. I am ready to give it a second read, and I will enjoy it....

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Loose Ends

I think the people who take issue with this story conveniently over looked that this is CHAPTER 14 of the story. Before judging, I strongly recommend going back to read the earlier chapters (totally worth it). Especially the first 7 chapters. Then, everything will make sense. With that said...

I’ve been waiting for Chris’ introduction to Ethan. Since before Carlos’ visit. And definitely since Jack and Ethan’s wedding. I’m just happy that you waited for both Chris and Jack to be in loving, committed relationships, unlike Carlos who was still clearly holding out for Ethan and didn’t respect his relationship.

Kabba118Kabba118about 3 years agoAuthor

Chapter 15!

Hey everyone, I apologize, I posted Chapter 15 10 days ago but somehow it accidentally was posted in Anal rather than Gay Male. I turned off comments until it was put in the right catagory but for some reason it didnt come back on. So feel free to leave me comments about Chapter 15 here. Thanks to those who had found it in the wrong catagory and sent me messages about it, I appreciate your thoughts and "Ted Talks".

-KK

Kabba118Kabba118about 3 years agoAuthor

Anonymous comment:

I wanted to address an anonymous comment that I got via email because someone else here had mentioned it too, about why Jack was open with Chris about his parent's death and his revenge scheme but not open with Ethan. This was the comment:

~~~~~~~~~~~

Totally confused here. Jack tells Chris about his parents murders upon just meeting him but when Ethan asks Jack after knowing him for much longer Jack responds with:

Jack said coldly, "The day I talk about it is the day you lose me. So no, I will never talk about it with you. Don't ask me about it ever again."

That's a whole lotta WTF. If I were Ethan I would be beyond pissed given that reaction and how Jack also reacted to seeing Riley again after all these years; Jack shut him out for MONTHS. But hey a 15 yr old kid he just meets is deemed worthy enough to discuss his most innermost thoughts with...just not Ethan aka supposedly the love of his life.

This is very very unsettling. To me this speaks volumes of how Jack feels/trusts the one over the other. I know he does but I don't know if I could take Jack back when he returned.

~~~~~~~~~

Here is my response to this question that many of you have:

When Jack met Chris he was 15 years old and coming to terms with what he learned about his parents murder. He was a teen and Chris made him feel safe and loved so he opened up about what he was going through. Chris was the first -and only- person he confided in about his parents' murder, not even Liam or Connor knew at that age, and I would imagine that in the planning that Chris and Jack did over how he was going to avenge their deaths, Jack vowed to never tell another person. I mean, if you were planning a murder, how many people would you go around telling???

Jack meets Ethan almost 10 years later, as an adult. And while he does fall in love with Ethan he still struggled with past and couldn't just open up to him after hiding this huge thing for so long. He did not think Ethan would ever understand. And when Danny Riley showed up he shut Ethan out for two reasons: he simply wanted to keep Ethan out of it and he knew that Ethan would try to talk him out of it. Was he right to do that? Of course not. But he did, and Ethan forgave him, because that's what you do when you love someone.

Over the years Jack is trying to be more open and honest with Ethan, because of how much pain he caused him by shutting him out. They have these "family meetings" like in Chapter 12 so that they can be open and honest about how they are feeling. And I try to show more of that in the next chapter, 15, when Jack comes clean about his past with Connor and his plan to avenge Claire. Think of Jack and Ethan's love as, in spite of all the bullshit they put each other through they will hold on tight to each other. That's why they are each other's soulmate.

I love comments and questions like these, thank you so much for keeping the story and the conversation going! If you leave your email address I can respond to you directly.

--KK

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Jack’s character is so selfish and childish here.. I don’t understand why he acted that way. Jack and Chris had been in a relationship for what 2-3 months.. that’s barely anything. But then he has been in love with Ethan for years now and still going so why would act the way he did. What was that revenge thing though. Why would he piss Ethan off. I don’t understand him. Is that because of Carlos and Ethan thing. But that happened years ago right? Jack talks so highly about loving Ethan and not hurting him ever but then does this.. having your husbands beside you and flirting right in from of them with their exes is very shitty both Chris and jack need to act out like adults.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userKabba118@Kabba118
All works, stories, and characters are COPYRIGHTED through the US Copyright Office under the name ESKAY KABBA. ***December 2023 Update*** Bittersweet Irish Cream is COMPLETE on Google Play Books! https://play.google.com/store/books/details/Eskay_Kabba_Bittersweet_Irish_Cream...