Black Beauty Ch. 05

Story Info
I'll forever be the elephant in the room.
5.5k words
4.71
6.7k
6

Part 5 of the 6 part series

Updated 06/14/2023
Created 02/20/2022
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I want to dedicate this chapter to my greatest inspiration.

Weed

XXXtentaction "let's pretend we're numb." Lovelytheband "broken."

No warning because this story is five chapters deep. You were warned many chapters ago. If you don't like it, why are you here?

Ps. I'm sorry it took so long, and also about the long chapter. Hopefully, you can forgive me. I have been reading ALOT of manga/manhwa, and my low submission scores on this site do not help either. I know it's tough to like what I like, but to my new followers, I hope you enjoy this chapter and the anonymous readers. I know it's very hard to please you all but enjoy, if not, whatever! Also, no sex In this chapter, sorry.

Shout out Kenji!

Selen floated in the water like an astronaut detached from the mother ship. She meticulously watched the moonlight reflection dance on the water through the darkness, as she continued to float along the ripples of the water. Selen squeezed her eyes shut and held her breath. Selen could spend hours in the lake, crossing her legs, holding her feet, and releasing the air from her lungs, as she slowly sank to the bottom. She felt the safest and most free, underwater. She knew she would have to leave her sanctuary and return to the cabin. Ever since that day, Selen replayed the tragic events in her head--when Selen and Ron found Leo in a puddle of blood. Ron wasted no time helping Leo; Selen was hesitant about helping, but thought of Ms. Gina and how sad she would be if the Beast were to die. She suggested they stop by a veterinary hospital she had seen on the ride earlier, to get medical supplies.

With Ron's help, Selen removed the bullet lodged in Leo's shoulder and thigh. She was happy to know one of the shots that hit his arm had traveled clear through. Selen suggested they return to the house with Leo, but Elvis had already called and told them the house was attacked, and everyone had to be moved. Elvis didn't tell them any details besides a safe house location. Ron was adamant about not taking Leo to the hospital, and felt Selen's patchwork was good for now. Ron knew he would have a doctor check him out at the safe house location. When they arrived at the house, there was already a welcoming party. Among the welcoming party was a doctor. He checked Leo out, and stated Leo needed rest, and that Selen did a clean job.

Selen wasn't sure what that meant, but she took it as a compliment. Within a few days, she found the lake, and most of the cameras were hidden. Selen was bored and had nothing else to do, so she decided to explore her surroundings. Selen felt trapped, not knowing what was going on, a week had passed, and there was no update from Elvis. Selen continued to swim, until she heard her name in the distance. She knew it was Ron the first night she came out to swim. He freaked out and thought she had run away. Selen laughed at the idea. 'Where would I run to? You trapped me out here,' Selen laughed, as she tried to swim toward the decks to hide under them, even when she heard Ron's screams getting closer.

"Selen! Come out, dinner is getting cold."

All Ron heard was the ripple of water talking to him. Ron knew Selen was out here. It was a few days later that Sheriff Little John had already called and told him Selen had disconnected the sensor, but the camera still captured everything. Ron let out a deep, frustrated sigh. Ron had told her to stop swimming naked, and that she was being recorded. Selen didn't react the way Ron thought she would. Instead, Selen joked that she was too dark for them to see her on camera. Ron shook his head and couldn't believe her. Ron had to laugh when he told the sheriff about it. The sheriff turned a bit red.

"She is not as dark as she thinks," Little John said to Ron, as he fluttered his eyes towards the blue sky, avoiding Ron's gaze.

Ron rolled his eyes and rubbed his forehead. Thinking about the Sheriff Little John's comment, Ron laughed, and called for Selen, again. "Selen, I know you're out here. The sheriff already called me," Ron huffed lightly. "Dinner is ready; let's go. I know things have been weird, but we can talk this out. Hiding from the problem will not solve the issue."

< splash >

Suddenly, Ron heard a splash and smiled. "I'm not sure if you're a fish or a human."

< splash >

"Are we doing this?"

< splash >

"All right, I guess we're doing this," Ron huffed, as he rubbed his forehead. "Splash once if you're Selen, splash twice if you're not." Ron chuckled lightly, but he heard no splashes. "Ugh, I'm not doing this; you have fifteen minutes to come and have dinner with me. I'm locking the doors!" Ron shouted. He waited a moment longer, hoping she would come out. Ron didn't want to eat alone. Since Leo woke, his mood had been discouraged but not bitter, and he didn't even come out.

Ron glared at the ground and saw Selen's clothes on the dock, as he raked at his forehead. "All right, Selen, two can play this game. I'm leaving only your underwear, and I'm taking everything else. Unless you don't want to catch a cold, I suggest you get inside," Ron huffed, as he shifted through the clothes and left the dock. Selen emerged from the bottom of the pier.

"Couldn't leave a towel?" Selen mumbled. "Whatever, a little cold won't hurt me." She shrugged her shoulders; she enjoyed her alone time, but it was time to return to reality. As she walked back, she thought of her father and mother, and how they would have loved this place. Selen smiled; she wanted her Siri headphones to add this memory to the device, but she knew it was impossible. Selen's heart felt shattered as she thought of her life.

As she walked closer to the house, she saw two people standing in the doorway. It was the sheriff and Ron; Selen had a twisted smile. As she approached them, they stopped their conversation and turned to face Selen.

"Good evenin', sheriff."

"Umm, hello, ma'am," Little John spoke. He cleared his throat, his face becoming uncomfortable. "Do you want my jacket? It's a little cold out here."

Selen was confused by his comment. She knew it was cold, but why offer his jacket? Selen stared at Little John and Ron, and smiled.

"No, thank you, if some pervert didn't steal my clothes, I wouldn't be in my underwear."

"Pervert?" Ron shouted, as he sounded a bit shocked. "If anything, you're the pervert, skinny-dipping in the middle of the night. Kids go swimming in that water."

"That still doesn't explain why you stole my clothes," Selen spoke, as she crossed her arms under her breasts. Selen's eyes darted to the handsome olive-brown man that stood next to Ron. Little John's brown eyes flashed a guilty gaze, as he stared at her. Ron felt uncomfortable and uneasy having Selen in front of them.

"Here, take this towel and get inside," Ron said, as he tossed Selen the towel he took from the dock. Instead of Selen catching the towel, it landed on the floor. "Selen! You're supposed to catch that."

"How was I supposed to? You wanted me to catch that? Ordinary people would hand it to someone."

"Ugh, Selen, if someone says, 'here,' that means, 'Here catch.'"

"I'm not going back and forth on this, Ron."

As the two continued to argue, Little John slipped his jacket on Selen. She looked at Little John. He met her gaze, then turned away. "Ron, I'll have Michael pick you up around noon."

"Noon? Where are you going, Ron?"

"Thanks, Little John," Ron spoke, through his clenched jaw. "We will talk once after you shower. It's been a long night."

"Ron, what the fuck? Quit treating me as if I'm weak."

"I just don't want to fight anymore. Please, just take a shower, and we will talk."

"Fine. You better talk to me. Night, sheriff."

"Umm, you can call me Little John or John. Whatever you prefer." Little John's smile was warm and deep.

"Okay, Little John." Selen smiled as she opened the door and disappeared in shadow of the night.

"Oh, before I go, Patty Murray, down at the diner, had a few boxes of her daughter's clothes lying around, and you two look to be about the same size."

"Oh my god!" Selen smiled, pulled Little John in for a hug, and then said, "That's so sweet, but seriously, next time, start with that, or I would have walked past you guys and gone inside."

Little John was blushing, as he embraced her and squeezed her warm body into his. Little John was glad he had given her his jacket. Selen could see a pink tinge rise in his cheeks; Ron felt awkward standing there, and cleared his throat. He had only seen Little John react this way once, and he knew it would be the end of him, if he liked her.

"Well, say goodnight, Selen, and we will talk before bed," Ron said, as he pulled Selen and pushed her towards the door. Little John felt cold, as if steel pressed against the back of his head. He glared at Ron for a minute, but focused back on Selen.

"Goodnight, and maybe you can take me to meet Patty. So I can say thank her in person."

"Sure thing, I can take you anytime you want."

"Okay, since I don't have your number, maybe you can stop by when you're ready, and I'll make time."

"Sounds like a plan. "

"Goodnight."

"Night." Selen smiled, as she walked inside.

"All right, Ron, noon tomorrow."

"Little John, maybe you should go, instead of Micheal."

"Mike knows the setup and the mission. We already discussed this, and even Elvis said you were supposed to go. It's just for the week, and you'll be back."

"You do realize she is not Aspen Murray, right."

"What's that supposed to mean, Ron?"

"I'm just saying, Aspen didn't want to stay in a small town. Do you think Selen is the same way?"

"There's one thing you are right about; Selen is different, she is not like Aspen, and maybe that is why I like her. Have a good night, Ron."

"Selen is in love with Leo, so that you know," Ron huffed out that lie in quickness, he was not sure if Little John would believe him, but he had to think of something. Little John froze in place. Ron smiled, "Yeah, you should have seen how she nursed him back to health."

"Oh, really."

"Oh, yes, trust me," Ron spoke with confidence, but knew very well he was lying.

"Funny, on the surveillance night camera, she usually screams, I fucking hate Leo."

"You sure it wasn't? I hate magnolia flowers?" Ron's voice sounded high-pitched for once, as he spoke. "People do get that mixed up."

"Goodnight, Ron." Little John calmly spoke, before getting into his pickup truck.

Ron let out a long, slow sigh as he turned the door handle. He knew he was about to shorten his life. "Here goes nothing," Ron said, with a smile.

The next day, Selen looked tired, her eyes were narrow, and her body felt expressionless. Selen skied off; her head was down on the table in disappointment. She could not sleep. She had fought with Ron for almost the whole night. Selen was so angry, even after they agreed on everything, and she went back to Ron's room to argue some more. Selen had regretted going back the second time. She figured she would apologize to him. She went to his room first, but he didn't answer when she knocked. She knew the way into Ron's heart was food. Now, she's sitting in the kitchen with a grand slam of breakfast. It was getting closer to noon, and Ron hadn't shown up. Selen rolled her eyes and lightly banged her head on the table several times.

"If you keep that up, we won't have a table."

"Ron, good morning." Selen jumped for joy when she saw him. Ron happily smiled, but didn't show an expression.

"Morning," Ron said frigidly, as he walked towards the coffee pot.

"Wait, sit. Let me get that for you." Selen pulled the chair out, motioning for him to have a seat. Ron stared at Selen; his eyes only showed his suspicions.

"Don't look at me like that, here black with four sugars and a splash of cream."

"Did you spit in this?"

"Ron! Why would I do that?"

"I don't know, Selen. You said that you hope I get hurt today?"

"Ron, that is not what I said. What I said was, I hope you get shot in the ass and get a permanent limp."

"Same thing!" Ron spat out. "You called me old, Selen, without saying. I can take care of myself, and you're not my daughter." Ron poured out like a leaky faucet, unable to fix the leak. He sat in silence.

"That was low," Selen spoke, softly. She pulled the hot plate from the oven she had already prepared for him and, slammed the plate of food on the table.

Ron could see the hurt in Selen's eyes after he said that to her. Ron knew she cared, but this was his job. He had no choice. Ron smiled at Selen and looked down at the delicious breakfast filled with scrambled eggs, bacon, biscuits, and gravy with grits.

"Ron, I know I'm not your daughter. I'm your friend; well, at least, I thought I was." Selen pulled the chair out. "I'm worried, and I just can't lose another person that I love." She sat quietly, slumped in the chair and didn't say anything to Ron after she finished. He knew how she felt.

"I'm a dick, and I'm sorry for that. I know you're worried about me, kid, and I promise you--I'm not leaving. We City girls for life."

"Ron, what did I tell you about that," Selen busted out, laughing. "I can't take you seriously," she said, as she wiped her tears.

"Listen, can you take care of Leo for me, please."

Selen flinched when he said that. "This sucks, Ron. What happens if you get stuck? Or worse, get hurt, and you're gone for a long time?"

"If I am, I'll come back and inform you that I must stay longer."

"Ron? That doesn't make sense. What if you're hurt? Can't you tell me? What am I supposed to do?"

"Selen, will you kill Leo if I'm gone for a week, or if I don't come back?"

"Kill? Him?" The thought had never crossed her mind, as she sat there quietly. She could kill him and disappear, but in a flash, Gina appeared before her. Her thoughts were jumbled.

"Earth to Selen," Ron spoke, waving his hands in the air, snapping Selen out of her thoughts.

"No, I won't hurt the beast, he's wounded. How would that look."

Ron looked a bit relaxed, when Selen said that. "I know Leo has done a lot of fucked up shit."

Selen's gaze was not pleasant when Ron said that.

"A lot of shit."

"I know, trust me, and now he realizes his sins. Just give the beast a chance to heal," Ron spoke with a smile, hoping nothing would happen to them, while he was away. There was a knock at the door. It was Michael. He was there to pick up Ron.

"All right." Selen and Ron hugged and said their goodbyes, as Selen sat in the empty house and listened to the silence. She thought of what Ron had said to her, and about killing Leo. Selen wasn't sure; she had been living with them for almost seven months. The Maglio family was not what she remembered them to be; did she still want Leo and his family dead? Selen placed her palm underneath her chin. She looked around the kitchen, and made herself a plate of food. Selen heaved a deep sigh, and ran her hand through her hair, in a habitual gesture. Her body was moving, but her mind wasn't sure where she was going, until she stood in front of Leo's bedroom door.

When she looked down, she had a plate of food; I'm his hands. Selen peeked her head into Leo's room. As she walked in, she placed the food by the nightstand, and got close to the wicker bed frame, to see Leo lying there. He looked so peaceful, she thought, as she got closer. Selen stared at Leo blankly. The words Ron had said, played again in her head. Selen stared at his chest, moving up and down. His bare chest looked soft, as she stood beside the bed, staring into the void, and at that moment, Selen realized she was leaning in too close to Leo.

As soon as Selen pulled away, Leo grabbed her around the wrist with a surprisingly rugged grip and pulled her towards him, causing her to lie on his bare chest.

"What are you doing?"

"I brought you breakfast?" Selen turned toward the nightstand. When she turned back to face Leo, she saw him with cold, soulless blue eyes. Selen could not believe what lay before her--a tortured-eyed Leo. Selen bit her lip. She knew one day, she may end up cold, with her gaze open to the dark abyss.

"Why would you do that?"

"Are you not hungry?"

"Answer me first, and why would you do that?"

"I don't know, Leo. Why would anyone with a good heart do that?"

"Ha, good heart, I know Ron is gone. Did you poison the food?"

"If you're not hungry, beast, I can always let you starve."

"Get out."

Leo let her go, and Selen left the room. She trembled and held her hand to her heart, as she leaned against the closed door. She could barely speak above a whisper. "What was that, Selen?"

The next few days seemed unreal for Selen. Leo had apologized to her, Selen had accepted his apology and tried her best to stay away from Leo, but he started coming out of his room. Leo would join her for breakfast and dinner. Selen thought it was weird. Leo would not say anything to her; they would sit silently half the time.

"Do you need anything today, while I'm out?" Selen spoke, softly.

"Out?" Leo replied. He had sneaked a glimpse of what Selen wore when she stood up. She wore a Cider solid rib knit, buttoned mini-dress, with a slit on the right side, revealing her thick thighs with white shoes.

"Yes, I'll be out for a while," Selen said, as she placed dishes in the sink and began to wash them. "Little John came by last night, and asked if I was busy this morning."

"Is he the one who gave you that dress?"

"Oh, this? No, Miss Murray gave me these, and Little John dropped them off the other day. The dress was the only thing that fit." Selen smiled wide. "None of the jeans fit, but I look better in a dress, right?"

Leo grabbed his empty plate and walked toward the sink. While Leo stood behind Selen, he watched her curvy silhouette move, as he approached her from behind. Leo then pressed his body against hers. Selen's own body began to respond strangely. But she remained still, her only movements being, the beating of her heart, and the rise and fall of her chest, with each inhalation of Leo's scent. His fragrance evoked specific memories, that Selen wanted to bury deep.

"You look nice."

"Uh, well, um..." Selen stuttered nervously. "Thanks."

Leo swept Selen's hair back, so he could caress her neck more. He ran his fingers up and down her neck, down to the base of her shoulder.

"Leo," Selen spoke in a gentle voice, barely above a whisper. "Someone is knocking at the door."

After a few minutes, Leo heard a knock at the door and stepped away from Selen. "I'm sorry." Leo didn't say anything else, and walked away.

Selen looked confused, as she turned to watch him walk away, unsure whether she was anticipating a caress, but shook the thought from her mind and walked towards the door.

"Hi, Little John."

"Glad, you answered. I thought you might have changed your mind," Little John said, with a smile. Selen's eyes formed themselves into deep grooves as she smiled back.

"Why would I do that?"

"Maybe my good looks could have scared you off."

Selen smiled and rolled her eyes. "If you keep talking like that, I might get sick," she playfully pushed him, as he stood in front of her. "Let's go before I change my mind."

"Before we go, can I check on Leo?"

Selen folded her arms across her chest, and looked faintly angry. "Why?"

"Selen, it's not like that. I need to check in on him, and I need to make sure he's okay."

Selen gazed at Little John fixedly, and as he grew uncomfortable, said, "Selen, it's not like that, I swear."

"Whatever. I guess nobody trusts me, huh?"

"It's not like that, Selen." Little John gently touched her arm, but she slapped his hand away. "I'm sorry."

"Go check on him," Selen said harshly, as she stepped aside to let Little John in. Little John walked down the hallway and into Leo's room. Selen stood by the door and mumbled sheepishly, "If I wanted to kill him, I would have annihilated him when he got shot, but, no! My slow ass saved him, but they can't trust me." Selen sighed deeply, and swung her head back, walked over to the couch, and sat down. About ten minutes later, Little John reappeared with a smile.

12