Black Cat

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Is the man who killed your parents dead?" I asked.

"Yes." Glenda spoke.

"Did you intend on using a life last night?

"Yes. I wasn't sure how, but those guys that tried catching me weren't part of the plan.

Why did you use a life last night?" I asked Simone.

"Because I felt like I could trust you to believe me...I've fallen for you, Char. You're kindness is so genuine and being in your presence makes me feel a calmness that I haven't experienced in years. I love you, Char." Simone's words brought tears to my eyes. I couldn't image how horrible it must be.

"I love you too." I wept.

"Also...I couldn't stand the thought of you and Maria."

"I've been watching you from afar, my dear." Glenda began. "I've kept a watchful eye over you and I have seen the love that you and Charlotte share for one another. That's why I have visited you. I have a proposition for you."

"What is it and why should I trust you?" Simone questioned.

"You posses something that I want. Likewise, I also posses something that you want." She replied.

"Such as?" Simone asked.

"I want my ancient book back. In return, I shall undo the curse upon you."

"How can I trust you? What's stopping you from getting your book back and not sticking to your word?" Simone argued.

"My dear... I have little time left for games. I am dying. I haven't much time left in this world, unless..."

"Unless what?" Simone questioned.

"Unless I recite a spell, a spell that is contained in the book you took from me."

"Ok...so how do I know I can trust you?"

"I'm going to assume that you are starting to feel the telltale signs that you are about to revert back to your feline form? Correct?" Glenda offered.

"Maybe." Simone replied, nervously fidgeting in her seat.

"Drink this." Glenda pulled a steel flask from her coat pocket and reached out towards Simone.

Simone hesitantly took the flask from the witch. She unscrewed the top and brought it to her nose. She pulled away quickly and wrinkled her nose.

"It's ok, dear. I assure you." Glenda said.

Simone stared at the flask for a moment then brought it to her lips. She closed her eyes and tipped the metal canister back, drinking the contents. A shudder shook her body. After a brief moment, Simone blinked open her eyes. She set the flask on the coffee table and sat motionless. A small laugh escaped from her which set off an uproarious outburst of laughter. I looked on in confusion until Simone turned to me.

"It worked! Char, it worked!"

"How do you know?" I inquired.

"I don't know...I just do. I feel different. It's hard to explain, but I just feel...right."

She leaned over and embraced me until Glenda's voice interjected.

"Now...I have held up my end of the agreement. I would like my book back, please."

"Right. Dante hid it. We have to go to where it's hidden." Simone revealed.

————————/\-/\ ————————

Simone and I quickly changed and the three of us took my car to her family's store. Simone let us in through the back, disarming the alarm system. The office for the grocery store was in the back part of the building, and that's where Simone led us. In the office sat a large, old safe. It was beautiful.

With shaky hands, Simone twisted the dial back and forth. After a few failed attempts, she uttered a string of frustrated profanities. She took a deep breath and twisted the dial until we heard it unlock. She then pulled the massive door open. Simone pulled open a drawer inside the safe and retrieved two keys. One was an ordinary key that could have gone to any regular door. The other was a much older looking key. She stood and told us to follow her.

We made our way to a pile of boxes. Simone asked for my help in moving them. Behind the boxes was a door. Simone inserted the ordinary key into the lock and opened the door. She flipped a switch just inside the opening and lights illuminated a stairway leading down. Simone led us down into a dingy basement under the store. It appeared to have been used as an office at one time, but it looked like it hadn't been touched in decades.

There was an old wooden door on the wall farthest from the stairs. Simone inserted the old key into the lock and loud clunk indicated the key had worked. Once inside the room, Simone reached up and pulled on a string dangling from the dark ceiling. An old light fixture bathed the small room in light. The only item in the room was a massive old safe. Much bigger that the one upstairs. Simone spun the lock, entering the combination on the first attempt. The huge door popped open slightly and she shoved it open the rest of the way.

Sitting in the bottom of the safe was an old, thick book. The cover featured an ornate, raised pattern. I looked over at the old witch and saw her sigh with relief. Simone reached down and grabbed the book with both hands. She turned and offered it to Glenda. A small smile spread across her face.

"I believe we are even now?" Simone questioned.

"Yes, dear. We are indeed." She replied.

"Now what?" Simone asked her.

"That's for you to decide." The old witch stated. She nodded to both of us then turned and walked through the door.

Simone stood in the room, gazing at the doorway. I walked up behind her and wrapped my arms around her. She turned and embraced me, tears rolling down her cheeks. I held her tightly as she cried. Years of frustration, fright, and hopelessness came pouring out of her. After several minutes her breathing settled and the tears stopped flowing.

She looked into my eyes and smiled. Her smile was captivating and there was no way I couldn't smile back. She looked up at me again and chuckled, which turned into a full on laugh.

"You STILL have your make up on from your Halloween costume!" She exclaimed.

"Wha...? Oh shit! This whole time I've had mouse whiskers and a nose painted on my face!"

My face was surely bright red from embarrassment.

"You have no idea how absolutely wonderful it feels to laugh! Simone said.

"I'm happy I could help with that!" I replied. "So, what would you like to do now?"

"Honestly, I'm so tired that I could probably sleep for days. This whole being cursed thing has really taken its toll on me."

"Ok. Let's go back home then...that is...I just assumed, you know..." I began.

"What, Char?"

"Well, maybe you have a home or a place with Dante, but I just thought that..."

"Thought what, Char? It's ok. Tell me." Simone urged.

"I was hoping, and maybe this is too much for you right now, but I was hoping that maybe you'd want to live with me?" I asked hesitantly.

"Oh? As like your roommate?" She asked.

"We'll, Uhm, not quite, but if that's what you want...I only have one bedroom but maybe we can find another apartment or..."

"Only one bed? Oh no! We'd have to share?" A devilish grin spread across her face. "What if I don't want to be just your roommate?"

"I was hoping you didn't want to be just my roommate."

"Then yes, Charlotte, I'd love too! For now though, I have a small apartment upstairs. How about we stay here and get some rest?" Simone suggested.

"As long as I'm with you." I told her.

"There is just one thing I have to do first." She said.

"What's that?" I asked.

"I'm hungry." She said

"Oh! Sure, well...let's find something to eat and...what?" She was giving me a mischievous look.

"I'm not hungry for food. I believe I said earlier that this cat was going to eat a sexy little mouse." She stepped to me and pressed her luscious lips against mine. I wrapped my arms over her shoulders, letting my tongue find its way to hers. Her kisses were addictive and I wanted nothing more at that moment than to be devoured by her.

"In that case, please take me upstairs. I'm ready to be eaten."