Blending Love

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Tom told me his parents had also recently retired. He was the eldest of three children. His father had been a bank manager and his mother a nurse. His younger sister, Kat lived in Melbourne with her husband and two children and his younger brother Michael was over in England working as an accountant and had not yet settled down.

I told Tom of my parents and their untimely death and that I had never been close to my brother. I explained my parents were both working class people and did not have a lot of money to leave my brother or I when they died. They had been on a once-in-a-lifetime trip to Europe when their plane had been shot down over Russian airspace.

"I was so grateful Georgie had life insurance and it paid off the house and meant I could stay home with the kids for 18 months. The hospital has been great and although I really want to become a GP, I have stayed working at the hospital because they understand the flexibility I need with the kids."

I could see Tom as a GP. He had a beautiful manner with his patients and he was always calm and collected. We were browsing the dessert menu when my phone rang. I reached for and swore when I saw Trevor's number.

"Yes Trevor. No, I can't. I'm sorry but I'm having dinner with a friend. That's none of your fucking business. Well they're your kids too so it looks like you need to learn how to clean up vomit and just deal with it."

Tom was laughing when I hung up. I explained that Charlotte had vomited and Trevor wanted me to drive to Sydney to collect them. Tom told me I had handled the situation well.

"I will admit, if I was at home I probably would have jumped in the car and driven to them." I conceded to Tom.

"That's because you are an amazing mother, but yes, he is their father and a bit of vomit won't hurt him!"

We both declined dessert. Tom suggested we go for a walk. It was lovely to finally be holding hands for an extended period of time. We stood on a corner under a streetlight and Tom pulled me close to him in a beautiful hug. We pulled slightly apart before our lips met. It was so gentle and tender at first, but then we both opened our mouths and our tongues were dancing in and out of each other's mouth. I had not been kissed like this in ages and I knew at that moment I needed to find a way to make 'us' work. I recognised that again I was being overtaken in lust, but I also recognised I cared deeply about this man and did not want to hurt him.

"Wow!" Tom exclaimed as we finally pulled apart, "I don't know about you but that was magical!"

"Indeed it was!" I replied, "I have not been kissed like that in such a long time."

"I'm sorry I don't have a tongue stud or anything." Tom looked uncomfortable again.

I pulled him in for another kiss. "That does not worry me at all- he got it as a drunk dare before meeting me and whilst it was nice in, um, certain circumstances, it also got in the way at times!"

I could see Tom relax a bit. "I do have some tattoos though but I try and keep them hidden. I have a rose and a daisy on my left rib for Alex and Charlotte and a pair of butterflies on my back to remind me of my parents. I'm not sure why I chose my back though because I hardly get to see them!"

"I, um, well I hope this doesn't freak you, but I also have some ink on my chest, and I hope you might get to see it one day." Tom again looked uncomfortable.

"Tom, I cannot imagine you having anything inappropriate at all!" I told him sincerely.

"Well Lilies were Georgie's favourite flower and we were going to call Georgia 'Lily Charlotte' but after Georgie died I wanted to remember her so I changed her name to Georgia Charlotte. I then had a tattoo of a lily on my left chest with Georgina, Edwin and Georgia's names down the stem and a heart for our baby who died."

I realised my hand was already resting where Tom described this tattoo to be situated.

"I think that sounds absolutely perfect and I cannot see anything wrong with that." I replied again giving Tom a kiss.

"I see a therapist every few weeks still," Tom had mentioned his therapist before, "And he told me that if I ever met a woman who objected to my lily then she obviously wasn't the woman for me."

We kissed again for what seemed like hours, but was merely seconds. Eventually we broke away and Tom again took my hand. We walked back to his car.

"Ruth, I, um," Tom was mumbling again, "Well I, um, told Shannon I would be back by 10-ish."

I looked at my watch. It had just gone 9pm.

"Tom, I think we need to go really slow with this. I have some very strong feelings for you, but we also need to consider 4 young people."

"How did you become so wise, Ruth?" Tom again leant in for a kiss.

We drove to my apartment in relative silence. I rested my hand on Tom's leg and he would often reach down placing his hand on mine.

"I can't come up," Tom looked almost forlorn as he opened my door, "I know if I do, I won't be able to leave, and tonight is not the night."

I leant in again and wrapped my arms around Tom's neck kissing him deeply.

"Until Wednesday then." I promised as we finally broke away.

"It's my favourite day of the week!" Tom replied.

I almost waltzed up to my apartment. I was not tired and I simply made myself a cup of tea and sat on my couch and smiled as I sipped at it. There was a knock at my door half an hour later. It was almost 10. I couldn't imagine Tom had come back, but the thought made me smile.

Instead I was greeted with a very green looking Charlotte and a clearly upset Alex.

"They're all yours." Trevor snapped as he simply turned away without even saying goodbye to his children. I brought them inside. Charlotte told me she thought she had eaten too many lollies and Alex said the day had been boring because all Gigi wanted to do was shop.

I offered Charlotte a shower and she said she just wanted to sleep. I tucked her in and kissed her goodnight. I also left a bucket next to her bed should she find the desire to vomit again.

Alex was slumped in the loungeroom. I offered to make him a cup of tea or a hot chocolate, but he declined. He told me I looked beautiful and asked me if I had been on a date. I told him I had dinner with a friend and it was very nice. Alex asked me why I continued to defend his father so often. I told him that even though I wasn't married to him anymore, he would always be his and his sister's father and nothing would change that.

"Mum, do you like Tom, Edwin's dad?"

"Why do you ask, Alex?"

"Well I think he likes you. I saw him looking at you at the Skate Park this morning."

I explained that I did like Tom, but any moves towards a relationship or anything would be very slow.

Alex gave me a hug and I went and tucked him into bed.

I lay in bed and texted Tom. 'Probably lucky you didn't come up- Trevor dropped the kids off just before 10.'

'Mmm... that could have been awkward! Also, I forgot to say, but I'm bringing lunch on Wednesday!'

'I honestly had the loveliest night. Thank-you Tom.'

'Absolutely my pleasure. I enjoy spending time with you.'

'Goodnight'

'Goodnight x'

I bit my lower lip as I saw the 'x' at the end of Tom's text. My stomach was full of butterflies.

Feeling between my legs with my fingers I imagined it was Tom and I soon brought myself to orgasm.

I told Maggie about my date at work on Monday. She was thrilled. She told me that anytime I needed a babysitter she was available. On Wednesday she greeted Tom with a small smack on his backside and told him she had heard he had been a naughty boy!

"I don't know, Maggie! Sometimes I think I was not naughty enough!' Tom said laughing.

Tom had brought quiche and salad for lunch. I had no idea he was such a wonderful cook. He told me he learnt from his mother. I told him what Alex had noticed and he said that Edwin asked him outright if he had been to dinner with me and when he said yes, Edwin simply replied, 'Cool.'

"Ruth, I was thinking," Tom again looked nervous, "What about a big family day at the beach after dancing on Saturday?"

I smiled and agreed it sounded perfect.

"I was thinking fish and chips on the beach for lunch, my shout."

"You just want to see me in my swimmers!" I leant over and kissed Tom.

"That will be the icing on the cake of a lovely day," Tom replied kissing me back.

Tom walked me back to the clinics holding my hand.

"Aren't you worried people will see?" I asked.

"See what? As far as I'm concerned, we are a couple and I don't mind who sees that!"

I squeezed his hand and wanted to bring him in for a kiss but stopped myself. When we did get back to the clinics though he leant in and kissed me briefly, but tenderly on my lips.

Despite Tom assuring me he would get fish and chips for lunch at the beach, I still packed fruit and a cake along with our water bottles. I wore my swimmers under my dress as I did not like the idea of changing at the beach. As we walked towards the skate park with the girls at dancing, Tom reached for my hand. It was a warm day and we both commented that spending it at the beach sounded perfect.

"I was thinking, Ruth," Tom started, "it's going to be crowded at the beach, why don't you leave your car at mine and we can go in my car, it's got 6 seats after all."

I agreed that sounded like a great idea. I followed Tom home after dancing. He lived not far from Melody and Nelson and indeed it was a large home. We were greeted by Bingo, the Golden Retriever who took a shine to Alex and Charlotte straight away. They had yearned for a pet for so long, but it was not feasible living in an apartment. Both kids were sad that Bingo could not join us at the beach, but Tom told them they could stay for a play when we got back.

It was busy at the beach when we arrived but we found a park easily. Everyone helped carry things to the beach- buckets and spades with the girls, the boys helped with the food and Tom and I carried the marquee that Tom had brought to provide shade. We found a quiet spot and I set about applying sunscreen to Alex and Charlotte.

"Ruth, can you do me too, please?" Georgia asked.

"Of course, sweetie!" I replied.

The kids were all in the water quick smart.

I lifted my dress over my head and I heard Tom sigh. I turned to him and he was biting his lip.

"I was going to ask you to apply my sunscreen too," Tom said, "But I'm not sure I can control myself!"

I laughed and helped him finish setting up the marquee. I commented how perfect it was for the beach and Tom told me he bought it for when they go camping.

"It's been years since I've been camping," I mused.

"I take the kids at least three times a year," Tom replied, "How about I lock you in for Easter? I was planning on heading to Dubbo to visit the zoo out there."

I said that I would ask the kids, but I knew they would be enthusiastic.

Tom removed his shirt and I drizzled sunscreen down his back and rubbed it in. He was very muscular and covered in hair which I loved. I turned and Tom applied lotion to my back, taking his time to rub it in.

"I can't rush this, Ruth," Tom whispered, "I just like feeling new parts of you." I smiled.

I had worn a fairly conservative navy one-piece suit with white trim around the straps. It came quite high up my back. Tom ensured that if I moved I would have coverage under the straps and slightly down the back. He rubbed cream into my shoulders and down my arms. As I turned, he applied more lotion to his hands and then rubbed my upper chest.

"I'm, um, shaking a bit here, Ruth, I, um..." Tom started. I simply leant in and kissed him. He smiled and offered for me to apply it to his chest too. He certainly did not need to ask twice. His tattoo on his chest was beautiful. It was partially hidden by a tuft of curls, but I made sure to cover it all with the lotion.

"I, um, need some cold water, stat!" Tom laughed and I agreed. We ran down to the water's edge together. The girls were playing in the shallow part and Charlotte asked if she could come out to the deeper area with us. I picked her up and she climbed around onto my shoulders. Georgia had climbed onto her father's shoulders too. We waded into deeper water and the girls swum around us. There was not a great swell at the end of the beach we were at.

I had forgotten how much I loved being in the water. I had swum as a child and spent many a summer at the beach. I barely swam when we came now arguing I needed to keep my eye on the kids and our belongings. I was so glad Tom had dragged me in today. We caught a tiny wave back into a shallower area and the girls were happy to stay there. Tom took my hand and lead me again to deeper water near where the boys were playing.

Edwin saw us and started splashing water over his father. Alex followed splashing water on to me. I started splashing water towards Tom and soon it was all on for Tom! It was hilarious! He would grab one of the boys and throw them away making them splash in the water and then grab the other boy and do the same. He came to me and instead of throwing me, he pulled me in for a hug. We were all laughing. Alex said he was hungry and I suggested they grab some fruit.

Tom and I left the water and I was still laughing as we made our way to our towels. All four kids had followed, and Tom suggested he take the boys and they go and grab our fish and chips. The girls tried to start building sandcastles under the marquee, but the sand was too dry. Charlotte came and lay next to one side of me and Georgia the other.

"Ruth, do you love my daddy?" Georgia asked as she played with some seaweed.

I found myself unprepared for the question.

"Georgia, I like your daddy an awful lot and I'm glad that I met him, and we are getting to know each other."

"Are you two going to get married and have a baby?" Georgia was persistent.

"Sweetie, I'm only just getting to know your daddy. I can't say what will happen in the future, but one thing I do know, we will talk to you and Charlotte and Edwin and Alex about any plans we might have."

"That's good." Georgia seemed content with my answers.

She did get me thinking though. I was 38 and I knew there was still time for me to bear more children, but the gap was closing. I had always wanted a large family. I was contemplating all this when the boys returned.

We gobbled our lunch and the kids threw the excess chips at the seagulls. We applied more lotion and the kids went back in the water. I was dry and did not feel like moving from the book I had brought with me, but I loved watching Tom play with all four kids.

We left soon after 3 and all four kids were exhausted. Charlotte had remembered Tom's offer of a playdate. I did not want the kids trailing sand through Tom's house, however Tom did not seem to mind. He suggested the girls have a bath and wash their hair and Charlotte could borrow some of Georgia's clothes. After the girls finished in the bath, the boys took turns in having a shower.

"Ruth," Tom looked at me tenderly when the kids were out of earshot, "Please shower in my ensuite, I, um, promise I won't disturb you."

"You've already disturbed me, Tom Cooper," I said leaning in for a kiss. Tom smiled.

Tom's shower was glorious. It had twin large head roses and there was room for at least two people to shower together. I soaped my hair with Tom's shampoo and wondered how many times Tom and Georgie had showered together in there.

I was glad to be out of my swimmers and I had packed a change of underwear to put on under my dress. I tagged Tom and he went and showered.

The girls were busy out the back with Bingo and the boys were playing video games. I looked around Tom's bookcases. There were photos of Georgie around the room- her and Tom's wedding, a photo of them in Paris together, photos of her pregnant and holding a newborn Edwin. She was indeed a beautiful woman.

Tom reappeared and passed me a gin and tonic. We had spent time at dinner talking about our shared love of gin.

"Are you planning on plying me with gin so I can't drive home tonight?" I asked with a wink.

Tom sipped his drink and smiled. "Maybe!"

My phone rang. It was Melody. I knew she and Nelson were due home from New Zealand soon.

"Mel, how was it? Ok, No, I don't need all those details! No, I'm at Tom's, we've been to the beach today with the kids. Are you sure? I'll ask..." I turned to Tom, "Melody and Nelson are having a barbecue tomorrow and want to know if you and your tribe would like to join us?"

"He says yes. No, I'll bring a salad. OK, see you at 12."

"Ruth, I wasn't really joking before," Tom said as he drained his drink, "The kids have trundles in their rooms and the spare bed is made up if you would like to stay the night."

Tom had suggested the spare room and I wondered if this meant he didn't want me in his bed, in his and Georgie's bed. I was halfway through my drink and took another sip. I had wondered how we might actually approach the physical side of our relationship given we both had children and limited childcare options.

"I mean, you don't have to, and I would totally understand if you say no and I, um, only suggested the spare bed but there is my bed too."

"Shh!" I laughed, leaning over and grabbing Tom's hand, "I really don't want to rush things and my head says to take it slow, but my heart is like a thousand steps in front of my head and I will tell you I'm confused."

"How about I cook a bowl of pasta for dinner and then we can see how things unfold after dinner?"

I smiled. I thought back to my courtship with Trevor and how we were in bed within three hours of meeting each other. Despite what my heart was telling me, I knew that I did not want the first time with Tom to be interrupted by children. Tom had poured himself a second gin and I handed him my glass and told him it was empty too. Tom took the hint and gave it back to me with a kiss.

Tom was an amazing chef. He made a simple pasta dish with a tomato sauce accentuated with basil from his herb garden. The girls were yawning throughout dinner and Tom went and pulled the trundle from under Georgia's bed and suggested they lie down and just talk. They were both asleep within minutes.

"Dad, can I pull the trundle out for Alex?" Edwin asked.

Tom looked at me and I smiled.

"Sure thing, champ. I think Ruth's going to stay in the spare room tonight."

We sat on the couch after the dishes had been done and kissed like we were teenagers.

"Ruth," Tom managed between kisses, "You know I want you in my bed more than anything tonight, don't you?"

"Mm..." I kissed him back, "I know and I want to be there too, but I am scared with the kids around."

We both started yawning and Tom lead me by the hand towards his room.

"I'm going to grab you a shirt to sleep in, my love, that's all." Tom again gave me a kiss.

The spare room was opposite Tom's room. I changed into the shirt with the door closed. Soon there was a knock at the door.

"Wow, that suits you!" Tom said, "I, um found a spare toothbrush, not that there is anything wrong with your mouth or anything!"

I laughed and thanked him. I followed him into the ensuite and we brushed our teeth together.

After a final kiss I let Tom take me to my room and tuck me in. I asked him for a bedtime story and he laughed and said he only had some wicked stories in mind of the things he planned on doing to me in the future.

I was awoken by giggles from six and seven-year-old girls. I told them it was still dark outside, but they could snuggle up with me. We were all soon asleep again. I awoke to the sound of a camera. I looked up and saw Tom snapping photos of the girls and me. They were stirring too. Soon Charlotte was screaming for cuddles and it was all in.

"C'mon Daddy, you too!" Georgia yelled and Tom joined us all for a hug.