All Comments on 'Blessed Ch. 05: Slow Learning'

by TwilitDesires

Sort by:
  • 13 Comments
teemeauxteemeauxover 2 years ago

To use some KMFDM lyrics: More and Faster. That's my only complaint. Everything else is fantastic and as much as you don't like this chapter it was absolutely necessary for Aaron's growth. You had set him up for this kind of fall for a couple of chapters and it was due. You handled it well.

pk2curiouspk2curiousover 2 years ago

I like the pace . You don't miss or skip anything . It makes for a longer and more enjoyable tale . Take all the time you need . We will all still be here waiting patiently . As there is more good content here on this sight Than anyone alone can read .

abiostudent3abiostudent3over 2 years ago

Lovely to get a new chapter from you!

I can understand the frustration with this chapter, and yes; there are parts where it's slightly rough and you can see the ret-conning based on some previous comments. (Though to be clear, it was a good choice to follow that advice, in my eyes. You'll always be able to work it back in later.)

One of the most important things to know - not just learn, but internalize - is that *nobody* gets it right on the first draft. Even if you edit as you go along, come back to it a year later and you'll want to write a completely new draft. That's just part of being (and growing as) a writer.

This is especially true in a serial format, where you're publishing chapters in a story that isn't even *completed* yet, much less a polished final draft. Give yourself a little bit of slack, and if required, vow to come back to these chapters at the end and give the entire story a touch-up, since you'll finally have a complete draft.

Oh, and write as much as you can make yourself! It's okay if you go back and burn entire chapters before you have one you're happy with showing to the world - just having written them and failed is part of the process of becoming a better writer.

RuckinLguardRuckinLguardabout 2 years ago

Still a great story. I agree with student's comment and can see where you had issues with this one. Yet, the story moves on. I hope you do find the inspiration and motivation to continue this story, as it remains one I would enjoy reading.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Is there a reason that the vast majority of heroes take self depreciation to almost disgusting levels? Especially in stories where they have sex with multiple partners? Beating yourself up more than your enemies is not sexy. I like the story but get over yourself MC. Piss or get off the pot.

Robbb_FangRobbb_Fangabout 2 years ago

This chapter did not feel worse then the others. It was a great exploration of his character. Thanks for writing and sharing this story.

LooselyhumanLooselyhumanabout 2 years ago

Is a new chapter in the works?

C.H. DarkstriderC.H. Darkstrideralmost 2 years ago

So, after seeing that you are a fellow writer, I thought I'd take a beat and read the stories you had available. I am glad that I took the time to read, as this story, Blessed, is a very well written piece! It's rare that stories on here can make me visualize the place and setting so vividly!

I am starting to become a fan of your work and let me just say, I certainly hope you have every plan to continue this tale! It's well written, decently paced and explores encounters with women of various body types, which is a refreshing thing to see on here! Keep up the good work and I anticipate the next chapter eagerly!

firewolf54firewolf54almost 2 years ago

wonderful story i hope you come back and finish it

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

More please?

AWriterGuyAWriterGuy11 months ago

Seeing your updates at the front of chapters and in your bio, I hope you are in a better place for yourself and working towards being happy. Depression, anxiety, and stress are brutal. The story you started here appears to be a big one that could go on for a while, and your conservative time skips would make this a hell of a lot of chapters and words long. I would love to be able to read that complete story some day, but if this is as far as it gets what you've made is cool.

AnonymousAnonymous18 days ago

I really liked this story and hope you continue it. I've known swingers and they can be quite free spirited and uninhibited. Its quite a change of pace watching them cavort when you are quite the opposite. You occasionally witness life on the other side of the looking glass but know that transparent aluminum is going to keep you on the observation side. And being a double A ron myself has me rooting for the character. Which shy lady is he likely to spend time with first, Chio or Stheskiths? Maybe both at the same time if Chio observes him calming the snake girl and gets past her own tension.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userTwilitDesires@TwilitDesires
/Just a guy who wants to be an author and has finally started to put in real effort towards that dream. I've got a lot of varied interests and tastes, not only in who I find attractive (petite and tiny has its place, so does bimbo-busty; fierce femme-fatales and vulnerable in...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES