All Comments on 'Blithe Little Spirit'

by de_Vere

Sort by:
  • 8 Comments
jrrrrjrrrr7 months ago

Wow! I loved this story and couldn't stop reading it. The ending was too fast. As I read, I was imagining much more that I was looking forward too, but it just ended.

One question: Why did Beth go to hell? The story never addressed it. I gave this 5 stars.

DainBDainB7 months ago

Interesting premise and an excellent writing, as usual. Glad you're back.

ScottishTexanScottishTexan7 months ago

I really wanted to enjoy this one. But inconsistency is a huge problem for me. I realize that this is a work of fiction, but you still have certain lines that you cannot cross. If you're going to set your story up for the days of prohibition in the United States, then you shouldn't bring in things like bikinis and CPR.

"This was a time for heroics. I stepped up. "How 'bout CPR? Do you compress a chest over the sternum or over the heart? Seemed like it should be the heart, which in this case was conveniently located under her ample left breast. My hesitation gave Susan a chance to protect her breast. "I'm a nurse—I'll do it."

FACT CHECK- The practice of CPR was invented in 1960 when Drs. Kouwenhoven, Safar, and Jude combined mouth-to-mouth breathing and chest compressions.

When you depart from reasonable assumptions, I can't continue reading.

SirDigbyChickenCaesarSirDigbyChickenCaesar7 months ago

So apparently Blithe Spirit began as a Noël Coward play—I'll have to check it out! It's certainly a more novel choice to adapt given the typical horny ghost story around here. There's equal parts whimsy and genuine tension even before the crash; I'm thinking Beth's dispatch Down There may have been proactive.

My two main complaints regard structure: the moving in and out of the flashback is weird, to say the least: "...she quietly passed away in her sleep. / I won't say that night was the horniest I have ever been..." The second is the dialogue gets confusing when it switches between Beth and Janice with no identifier.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Loved it, gave it 5 stars. But wished there was more much more. Another chapter at least.

EricaDoesNowEricaDoesNow7 months ago

ScottishTexan, the PARTY was set in the 20's, not the story... Very well done, too!

getthephenomgetthephenom7 months ago

Enjoyed the story, even though it took much darker turn than expected,

SatyrDickSatyrDick15 days ago

[24.04.24]

Amusing und Phun story!

11/10!!!!!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userde_Vere@de_Vere
He/him. I am a published author who writes sexy stuff. For the last year, I have posted some of my short stories here. For more naughty stories, sexy photos and ways to make it through the day, follow my on twitter: @deVere18997427 That photo is not me. But, I took it.