Blizzard Ch. 09

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Dammit," I sighed. "Looks like we got a snow day!"

I hurried and closed the door but there was little wind so the cold wasn't stifling. I rushed up the stairs. "Shit, I'd still better call in."

"Oh my God! I didn't put your phone in the rice!" Alex panicked and I realized I didn't know the number off the top of my head.

My laptop bag was the closest thing I had to a briefcase. It was a quick check to see that I didn't have the number written down. "Girls, can I borrow a phone?"

"Of course!" Max jumped into action but hers was ringing by the time she had recovered it. Sam just looked at Alex until the theatre student caught a clue and handed me her phone.

"Dad. it's really early!" Max hissed quietly. "No, I didn't. We all stayed with Gene. You talked to him last night. Well, no, he's not asleep. I don't think--He went to take a shower a couple of minutes ago!" She looked really proud of herself for coming up with that half-truth. "We, not just me. Alex and Sam. I'm with girls I trust to look out for me. That you trust to look out for me. OK, I'm--Dad! I'm safe. I love you too."

Max took a big breath and slumped. She almost fell into my chair. She grabbed the arm. She flashed me a crooked apologetic frown. I shrugged. It was a comfy seat. It was probably the best place to collapse into.

I was not surprised to get the answering service at work. I explained the weather, with less giddiness than I had the morning I had met Faye barely a week ago.

"Thank you, Alex." I handed her back her phone and moved to toss my bag back into the closet. I frowned. "Hey, which one of you moved those boots?"

"Well, I didn't!" Sam threw her back up instantly.

"Even if you had, I'm not angry, just curious," I shrugged. "What about--"

"Even if I had? You don't trust me!" Sam barked sharply. Alex, Max, and I looked on in shock.

"I do, it's not a big deal. They're just not mine and--"

"Not a big deal?! It's a huge deal! The biggest deal! I could be in love with you!" She was stark white.

"You mean last night? That was a huge deal, Sam. That was amazing and important for me too."

"But I--" She had a hand on her chest and she was trying to calm herself down. "Something's wrong."

"Then c'mere," I reached for her hand but she didn't take it right away. "We'll sit and figure out what's wrong. We can do this together."

"All of us can," Alex smiled. "We're Team Girlfriend, right?"

"And you're what? Team captain?" Sam scoffed. She still only wore my robe as she grabbed her jacket and galoshes and rushed around the railing.

"No, Sam! You can't go out like that!" I flew down the stairs after her.

"I'm never going to get to play this game with him, am I?" Alex sighed.

"I'll play with you, Alex," and I heard Max set a bowl down on the table. "But let me help him with Sam before we tend to you."


12