All Comments on 'Blodwen is Welsh'

by oggbashan

Sort by:
  • 14 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

The Welsh form of David is spelled Dafydd, with one ‘f’ and three ‘D’s.

amber1312amber1312about 2 years ago
Oggbashan

Diolch n fawr

muskyboymuskyboyabout 2 years ago

Where was the romance? Not sure what your native language is but I hope it is not English because this story was almost impossible to follow.

WilCox49WilCox49about 2 years ago

What a great story! Crisply told, well thought out. Nice romance. Thank you for posting it.

My only quibble concerns whether you've underestimated the time to learn a language from the ground up. The basics, yes, but "fluent"? Nonetheless, a fine story, with a believable romance.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Hope to see much more of the romance as it develops into love. And maybe when the details emerge, the description will include Hugh David with a nicely broad, muscled hairy chest of a welshman.

.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

A Proud Welshman wouldn’t call an Englishman a “Sassenach,” he’d say “Snaesneg.” It not only sounds more insulting, but it’s actually Welsh.

oggbashanoggbashanabout 2 years agoAuthor

Thanks for the comments on the Welsh. I don't believe in altering contest entry while the contest is running. Dafydd? I assume that either Huw's parents and the register, all being English speakers, spelt it wrong or that they wanted a different version.

Sasssenach or Snaesneg? Mt Parry was speaking in English to someone he assumed was English so he would have used Sassenach.

Davester37Davester37about 2 years ago

This is another great one, Ogg! Not too much sex, but a nice story. I always enjoy the detailed setting, and this one had me looking up those Welch towns.

As always, thank you for writing and thank you for sharing your work.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

5 stars, of course

@muskyboy: oggbashan writes mood pieces; there's actual romance in his tales. Far more than you'd find in the usual anatomically-unlikely exercises posted.

finegoldwinefinegoldwineabout 2 years ago

Great Story...5 stars

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

In Swansea, they use Sais. The ironmonger's is stand-alone, with a fishing tackle annexe. I married in Carmel, THE Welsh chapel of the Valley - Morriston Orpheus is the Cathedral. And yes, they like my tenor, too.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Fun story, nicely written. The Welsh angle gives it something different, though finding fluent Welsh speakers in Swansea is not easy, even in the valleys. Few English people would use ‘sassenach’, and no Welsh speakers ever - keep it for the Scots. Either way, it was good too see the town of my birth featured. Thanks.

oggbashanoggbashanabout 2 years agoAuthor

Part of the joke for anyone knowing Swansea is that Blodwen's insistence for Huw to learn Welsh was unnecessary because finding Welsh speakers in Swansea is difficult.

oggbashanoggbashanabout 2 years agoAuthor

Thank you for the comments. The narrator now has the correct form of his Welsh name and other minor amendments..

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
useroggbashan@oggbashan
Can I now change bio? oggbashan was diagnosed as terminally ill and expected to be dead by June 2018. As you can see. I am still here. . As long as I can I will continue writing and posting on Literotica but there will be an end - soon. I don't expect anyone to like ALL of my...

SIMILAR Stories