Blood & Carrots - Celestial Ep. 01

Story Info
Episode 1: Am I worthy of this?
7.4k words
4.65
9.6k
12

Part 1 of the 21 part series

Updated 06/11/2023
Created 12/25/2021
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Welcome back, my lovely reader~

If this is your first visit to the Blood & Carrots series, STOP go read the first one then 'Silverpaw' next, to get the best experience. This is a direct sequel and I STRONGLY recommend reading the first ones so you're not lost. Yes, my writing wasn't as polished back then, but you seriously do yourself a disservice if you move forward without knowing the story of the first two.

Take your time, I'll wait for you to catch up. :3

And with that out of the way...

My lovely reader, do you remember when I said I was done with B&C? I_lied.jpg

Welcome to Blood & Carrots: Celestial! This is the third part in the B&C series and uh... I think this goes without saying, but... GO READ THE FIRST TWO! Yes... yes... I know it's an undertaking and my writing wasn't as good then, but you really do need to for maximum enjoyment of this one!

A few things to note!

This series is still kemonomimi-style, not anthro. It's what it began as and it's a little late to change things now, sorry if you're a fur-or-die but I promise it's still worth your time if you liked my other stuff!

Just like with the others, there will be a variety of scenes in this one including, hetero, boy love, girl love, and multiple partners. Also, remember that sex isn't the objective of this series. Sex is there, it's frequent enough, and I hope you enjoy it, it is very important to the story, but it is NOT the primary focus.

Finally, I feel I did all the canine boys of the other B&C entries a disservice, a mistake I will KNOT repeat in this one. Ah fu fu!

Alright, that's enough rambling from me, let's jump- er fall right in!

—♥—

Episode 1:

Am I worthy of this?

My teeth clenched and my eyes widened as the ground approached at breakneck speeds, my wings useless right now, what with the slobbering blood-crazed vampire riding me down.

"Say goodnight you feathered-fuck!" The abomination hissed the words into my ears, a knee in my back, both my feathery wings held in its grip. I knew they weren't ancient enough to fly, but I had been careless and didn't expect them to just leap up several stories to grab me in mid-air.

I snarled in anger, cutting my glowing blue eyes back at the vampire, the divine energy in me making them look flaming as we fell. My hand grabbed the blessed silver longsword at my hip in one last desperate gambit.

"Goodnight!" I shouted the word and plunged the sword straight into my own belly, hoping I'd miss anything too vital as the blade pierced through my body and stabbed right into my attacker at my back.

There was an unearthly yowl of pain behind me as I shoved the sword to the hilt, snarling back at the vampire as I ran it through as well. Feeling the monster weaken its grip, I managed to break from it, withdrawing my bloody blade from my own body, the silver now looking white-hot as if it had just been withdrawn from a forge. My wings haphazardly fluttered as the flaming husk of the vampire continued to the earth below.

With a throaty cough of blood erupting from my mouth, I managed to get a few flaps in, just enough to ease some of the force of my fall so I didn't break every bone in my body, only maybe half of them. I slammed to the ground, bouncing from the impact before flopping onto my back, my bloody wings fanned out as I panted in pain. The abomination had just leaped on me mid-flight, managing to tear and bite me several times before bringing me down.

I clenched my bloody teeth, feeling my vision wavering for several moments before an appreciative whistle filled my ears. Wincing at the annoying sound, my black ears folded against the dirty golden locks of my hair as I tried to focus on the other angel grinning down at me.

The lion showed a playful sharp-toothed grin at me, his hair a similar color to my own, but much more curly and robust, whereas mine was straight, also, more on the blonde and less on the 'dirty' aspect of it. Most of our kind tended to have golden or platinum-colored hair though, regardless of what our origins were.

My eyes seemed to shake in their sockets as I tried to focus before coughing up at him. "You going, to heal me, or... watch me bleed out, you fop!"

"That's no way to speak to a superior, Ryder." The lion practically purred the words as his hands pushed to my belly and I felt the healing energies course through my body, the wound closing fairly easily since it had been made with divine silver.

"Stuff it, Ezekiel. You barely outrank me." I showed him as playful of a grin as I could muster through the pain, feeling the various cuts, scratches, and bite wounds the damned vampire had left on me starting to heal.

"Sorry I didn't get here sooner, Ry." The lion grumbled the words as he stepped back, then offered me his hand which was a little bigger than mine. That stood to reason, given he had nearly a foot on me and several more pounds of muscle.

I let him help me up, wincing as the world still wanted to spin on me a little, feeling him grip my shoulders, easily holding my smaller body steady. Feeling things settle, I flapped my wings a few times before stepping back. "Thanks, I think I'm okay now."

"You did that abomination pretty good, Ry." Ezekiel looked back at what was left of the vampire, now quickly becoming a pile of ash.

My shoulder popped a few times as I rolled it, feeling things push back into place, then moved to collect my sword that I had dropped as I hit the ground. "Yeah, wasn't a strong one, I just got too careless. Had it been a few hundred years older, it would have just been pissed off from that little trick," I mumbled the words while wiping the blade off on the side of my hip and sheathing it.

"Ah yes, pride before the fall, is that not what the higher-ups say?" Ezekiel flicked his wiry tail while sauntering over to the pile of ash, giving it a kick as the embers and dust scattered in the breeze of the night.

"Come now, Ezekiel, even monsters deserve proper respect in death. Let us pray the gods guide this sinner to a path of redemption," Speaking the words aloud I moved to where the vampire's ashes remained, clasping the rosary at my throat and offering a quick prayer to the gods.

"Tch... you pray for both of us, fox. All of them can turn to dust as far as I'm concerned, " The lion snarled flapping his slightly larger wings as he sprang off his feet and took off into the night sky.

I gave him a frown, but couldn't entirely blame him for his attitude. He had seen some of the worst of the fighting in the outbreak from before my time. Ezekiel entered the services of the celestial family a few centuries before I did.

Undying isn't the same as invincible, just like with their ilk, we celestials may have been given unaging bodies as well as vast power compared to the mundane, but we could be struck down with enough effort. In fact, we had been in droves during that time of the crusade.

The actual time of my mundane death was approximately three decades ago, but I couldn't give you an official year or date. Heck, I might not have even been able to read or write in my mundane life, let alone tell you the date. It can take the powers that be upwards of several decades to call your spirit for service, and of course, at that time you are aware of all your memories. You make the decision then, do you keep your memories and resume the cycle, or do you cast it all away for the chance to be part of the greater good?

My former life must have had some kind of major trauma or regret to make the choice, or perhaps I was already very pious and this was my reward. Nonetheless, here I was and it was the choice I willingly made, as did all of my fellow celestials.

I held no ill will towards the vampires or any other creatures of darkness, I simply did my duty and prayed the gods would help these lost creatures find peace. Most of us were cut from the same mundane cloth after all, only the daemons and fae were outsiders to us, but even they were children of the gods.

Finishing my prayer I looked to the night sky, seeing heavy billowing clouds forming, small flares of thunder outlining the curvatures of them. A few raindrops began to fall, my black ears flicking as they were hit by the falling water.

"Looks like a storm is coming, I better get back to the citadel." I gave the fallen vampire a final thought and wish of redemption, then my wings spread as I launched myself from the earth and soared into the dark angry clouds.

—♥—

Celestial Initiate:

Those that answer the call are commonly referred to as Initiates in their first days as celestials. They retain no knowledge of their past lives barring glimpses of their final fate or the actions that made them worthy of ascending.

Initiates receive basic training and education on what is expected of them. Those that are found poorly suited are returned to their rest, those that make it through are soon elevated to the rank of Cadet, the basic soldier class that all celestial's enter service at. Rejection of initiates is exceptionally rare.

—♥—

Ezekiel and I walked into our commanding officer's office back at the citadel, each giving a formal salute by clasping our fists and pushing them to our chests before bowing our heads.

"At ease, knights," The tall ram spoke the words cooly in a professional, but slightly irritated tone. His hair was mostly straight like my own, but he kept it pulled back in a high ponytail, with sharp short bangs hanging along the curls of his large horns. Unlike most of the celestial's, his hair was as jet black as my fur. The story behind it was once he ascended to an Archangel, he demanded the original hair color of his mundane form be restored.

We relaxed slightly but kept a respectful position, standing up straight with our hands clasped in front of us. We knew even when 'at ease' Archangel Hagen expected a level of respect in his presence.

"Ryder, explain what led to your injuries and the subsequent use of Ezekiel's healing." The ram set me with a hard look, his dark eyes unwavering as if reading my very soul for falsehoods.

I gave another bow of my head, lowering my perked black ears in respect as I explained, "While searching for the abomination, we agreed to split up to cover more ground at my request. While in mid-flight the vampire leaped upon me. During the ensuing struggle, I received grievous injuries, but was ultimately able to dispatch the lost soul."

Shifting his dark gaze to the lion next to me, Hagen cocked a brow. "And what of you, Ezekiel?"

The lion gave his own nod. "It is as Ryder said. We split up, I sensed his energy change from a distance and knew he was engaged in either battle or flight given the adrenaline surge. When I arrived he was injured and the vampire was a smoking pile of ash."

"You were both careless in this mission, even if it was a success. I will not brook irresponsibility under my name. My knights will not garner a reputation for recklessness, do you understand?" His words came out sharp and cold as he reprimanded us.

"Sir!" We both saluted once more.

"Ryder, why did you not begin mending your own wounds?" The ram clenched his teeth, giving me a half-glare.

"My apologies sir, I've not received the training yet for-"

"Unacceptable, but a bad excuse is better than none!" His hand slapped the surface of his desk as he rose, showing his height advantage to our own, even nearly half a foot taller than the lion.

"Ryder, get your tail to the apothecary and tell them you're there for your lessons on curative prayers, I'll push the order through." Hagen snapped the orders to me and I gave another salute as I turned on my heel.

"And you, Ezekiel, we need to have a refresher on your officer training if you're letting your unskilled members under your command off unattended." The ram snapped out at the lion.

My ears perked and my teeth bared as I looked over my shoulder with a snarl bubbling up in my throat at the 'unskilled' commentary, "Sir! With all due respect, I am-"

"Ryder dispatched the damnable thing single-handedly and his wounds would have healed with time! He is not unskilled and has a better sword arm than I do!" The lion hissed the words out, his own stance shifting to a more defiant one than my own.

There was a loud clap of sound as the ram simply backhanded the lion to the floor, then I felt a wave of force slam into me as I crashed into the wall and slumped down to the floor with a wince.

Hagen narrowed his gaze upon Ezekiel and huffed out, "Neither of you will ever show me such disrespect, if it happens again I'll see both of you as cadets again." He then lifted his chin as the lion wiped blood from his mouth. "Furthermore... if Ryder is a more skilled combatant, perhaps he should be a third-class knight and you the fourth."

I found my footing, wincing as I rubbed at my shoulder, then offered a salute as I spoke as respectfully as I could through the pain. "Sir, please forgive his outburst, it was my fault for getting out of line, to begin with. Ezekiel is a fine commander and-"

"So be it. Knight Fourth class Ryder, you may bear the burden of both of your transgressions since you so readily accept the responsibility. This will be an official infraction on your record, and need I remind you what happens to celestials who gain three such infractions?" The ram offered me a cold look as the lion snarled at the words.

"Understood. Am I clear to take my leave to the apothecary to seek out the bishops for training?" I spoke the words respectfully as Ezekiel gave me a shocked glare while picking himself up.

"You are dismissed." The ram gave me a salute of his own and I exited the room posthaste.

I only got a few paces down the hall before slamming my fist to the wall with a furious snarl, feeling the rage grip me fully as I glared back at the closed door to the office. The bastard was never happy and always had picked fights with me. Still, I'd be damned if I'd see my best friend in the citadel worse off for it, I'd accept the abuse so long as he was safe from retribution.

A few moments after my outburst I felt a strong overwhelming sense of divinity approach and felt my breathing stop as I saw one of the greater archangels, Toroah step around the corner of the hall right before me.

He was taller than me, which was shocking given he was a rabbit, even rivaling Hagen in height. His hair was long and wispy, coming fully down to the small of his back, but in a braid. It was platinum blonde but seemed to radiate with its own energy that made it almost look silver at times.

I caught myself staring for a moment, I had only seen him a handful of times and never so close. His figure was lithe and tall but in the robes he wore I could easily see the outline of his well-developed chest and arms. The rabbit met me with his own crystal blue eyes and I felt reality crush back around me at his gentle smile as if acknowledging he saw me looking him over.

A sharp bark escaped my throat as I fumbled to give a proper salute, slamming my fist into my chest a little harder than I should have and wincing from it. "S-Sir!"

"At ease, Knight." The rabbit called out in a silky voice that seemed to drip with compassion and dignity.

I huffed at the words but kept myself in a proper stance, only lowering my fist and stepping to the side, giving him clear room to walk by, my tail still rigid. "Y-yes sir, pardon me, High Commander!"

Toroah seemed to more flow past me than walk, the large platinum and blue robes drifting along with his form. He didn't wear proper military dress except at special events, opting to wear more casual clothing in the citadel. The rabbit gave a hum and lifted his two pure white ears, giving me a knowing smile as if he knew the answer to his question before asking it. "Ah, I was simply investigating a loud sound I heard. You know, my office is on the other side of the wall, it sounded as if an angry fox had struck it."

I choked out at his words and offered another salute. "I- I beg your pardon High Commander, I simply uh... s-stumbled and struck the wall."

The rabbit offered me an amused grin and I could see the faint flick of his fluff of tail at his backside. "We all share a bond, Ryder, you are aware of this, I am sure." I winced at him using my name, never a good sign when the brass knew who you were.

Toroah folded his arms, offering what almost looked like a pout at my reaction. "Hagen is too harsh with his knights. I will have to reprimand him once again, later."

A deep frown showed as I shook my head. "High Commander, please do not concern yourse-"

My jaws snapped closed as he simply lifted a finger in a gesture to stop speaking and I swallowed a lump in my throat. The rabbit looked me over for a long moment before giving a nod. "What was your destination, Knight?"

I had to pluck my thoughts for a moment to force my brain back into motion before I stammered out politely. "T-to the apothecary, sir! To undergo curative prayer training, sir!"

"Ah, that is one of my specialties. Why, did you know I am one of only a few of our kind that even knows the trick to restore the wounds of the undying, such as vampires and ghouls?"

"That is amazing, sir! I did not know such things were possible!" I barked the words out respectfully and in shock at the knowledge.

"It is best learned early for it is a difficult thing to do once you have already learned the basics. Come, I will show you how it is done." The rabbit poked his nose up into the air, looking haughty as he trotted back the way he came.

"Sir! I- I am unworthy of such a boon!" I barked out the words and sounded like I had hit puberty again with how high-pitched it came out.

Toroah showed me a grin and kept walking. "That's an order, my brother."

I felt the compulsion as I started moving, my body responding whether I wanted it to or not. A celestial that you were under the command of, could compel you to obey if they chose, it was one of the agreements you made when you joined their ranks. Of course, Toroah had not outright commanded me to do so, but the years of instincts just made me start to move when I heard the word 'order', especially from one of the highest-ranking angels in the citadel.

Toroah's office wasn't nearly as stuffy as Hagens, a very down-to-earth room with a large window that overlooked the city. His desk was a simple polished wood that had a semi-messy assortment of parchments and scrolls about it. The room itself was decorated in a very homely way, with small tapestries and ornaments that hung from the wall.

"Sir, with all due respect. This is a boon more befitting of one of the bishops, not a lowly knight such as myself." I spoke the words as he gestured towards a seat before his desk.

"It is my knowledge to give, I may choose who the recipients of it are, is that not my right, Ryder?" The rabbit folded his hands at the desk as he settled back into the large chair.

I felt my heart thump hard in my chest, filling my ears as I clenched my teeth and looked away from his shining eyes. My mind reeled to come to grips with all of this, I was sitting in the room with essentially the second in command of the entire celestial army, only beneath the Grand Commander and the Seraph. Not to mention he was gorgeous, with ivory skin as well as a radiance that seemed to just make him shine with confidence and beauty.

One of the first things we learn as celestials is that we all have a natural grace to us that can straight up enchant a mundane that may be in tune with the supernatural. Love at first sight can be a real danger when we interact with our followers and being creatures of divinity, our raw emotions can sometimes reciprocate that gesture. We've had more than a few stories of celestials falling in love with others when they met, just from the feedback loop that was created. It sounds more complicated than it really is, but suffice to say we fall in love quite easily at times, this is why some of us choose to straight-up close our emotions and kindness off, making us hard like Hagen.

12