Blood & Carrots - Celestial Ep. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

All that being said, I had trouble keeping my eyes off him, he was stunning and his lips looked so soft. But, the worst part was that knowing smile he kept giving me as if he knew right where my mind was and found it endearing.

"So, why not tell me about what upset your commanding officer?" Toroah hummed the words conversationally.

I frowned and shook my head. "I can, but what does that have to do with healing prayers, sir?"

"Sometimes, getting woes off your chest can be very healing indeed. Also, maybe I just like to gossip from time to time, yes?" Toroah cooed the words in a playful tone as he leaned back.

I ended up explaining the situation in detail to him over the next several minutes. Then, before I knew it we had been talking for a few hours, my anxiety of speaking with the rabbit slowly faded until we were talking like just regular guys.

Toroah sighed in relief as the conversation got to a slight lull. "Oh, Ryder, this has been nice. I've not been able to let my hair down and relax with someone in years."

"But your hair's still up in that braid," I quipped back dryly, showing the rabbit a grin.

Toroah snorted out a chuckle at my words and flicked his ears. "This thing is a pain to get put in each day, I half the mind leave it down somedays."

My own ears lifted and I tilted my head. "Huh, I wouldn't mind seeing your hair down like that some time."

"Is that right?" Toroah showed me a surprisingly playful grin as I watched him start to undo the braid in his hair. "Maybe I should braid yours sometime, I wouldn't mind seeing how it looked."

I blinked a few times, watching him undoing his hair for me, feeling my heart thump hard in my ears at the thought of him braiding my hair. It wasn't nearly as long as his, but it did come down to about the middle of my back, as to where the rabbits went all the way to his tail.

"I- I mean I wouldn't stop you if you wanted to," I spoke the words softly, then watched as the rabbit casually ran his fingers through the unbound hair, the strands having taken on a naturally wavy look from being trapped in the braid for several hours.

Toroah gave me a purposeful flourish and turn after standing, his large wings folded against his back, the tips clearly dragging at the ground as he looked over his shoulder at me. "How's that?" He hummed the words, his little fluff of white tail flicking at some of the curled strands, giving me a good look at his backside.

Even through the robes, I could make out his firm-looking rear that pushed out slightly. His back looked strong and broad, and he gave me another knowing smile, seeing I was clearly looking him over with a hunger in my eyes.

"Y-you look great, I think you should wear it down more often." I stammered the words, recognizing the look on his face as acknowledgment I was staring, my blue eyes shifting away as my heart pounded in my chest harder.

"Oh, maybe I will then." The rabbit casually pulled his hair between his wings, then took a seat once more, giving me a smile as he folded his hands on the desk. "This has been nice, Ryder. Can you come to visit with me again tomorrow around this time? We'll even actually get that prayer training in."

My ears sprang up at his offer and I nodded without thinking. "Y-yes sir! Absolutely sir!"

Toroah showed me that dazzling grin again and waved his hand. "You don't have to use that sir stuff when it's just us. Just keep it for outside of the office, understand?"

"Okay, Toroah." I offered the rabbit a smile and looked away awkwardly after our eyes lingered upon one another for a few moments.

"I'll take care of explaining why you didn't get to the apothecary, and I'll take care of that little infraction on your record as well," Toroah spoke in a tone that sounded all business.

I gave him a surprised look and frowned. "Are you sure, si- erm, Toroah?"

"Very sure." He cleared his throat and then gave me a polite nod as he seemed to compose himself. "I'll see you tomorrow, you're dismissed, Knight."

My body responded to the words and I stood before offering him a formal salute. "Thank you, sir!" I turned on my heel and quickly exited the office. Once outside I slumped back against the wall near the door, pushing a hand to my chest as I tried to process everything and calm my heart.

—♥—

Bloodstone Fledgling:

The greater council of vampires consider their newly turned as 'fledglings'. The term is regarded as a position but several consider it a derogatory insult as well. It is an ironic term since only the truly powerful of their kind can achieve any sort of flight.

Members are assigned a patron house to stay with for a six-month period of probation if they do not already have one, followed by an evaluation. Evaluation is made by the head of the council, the sponsor homes master, and three other house leaders. If any of the five members find the fledgling unfit, they are summarily executed.

—♥—

Later that night I found myself at one of the taverns the knights and cadets regularly frequented when off duty. Calling it 'night' is a stretch, given the celestial realm is bathed in perpetual light, but nonetheless, it was evening, despite looking bright and sunny out.

"How did things go with commander overcompensation?" I asked with a grin towards the lion who now sported a decent shiner on his left eye from the 'reprimand'.

"Bastard ordered me not to heal it, said to keep it as a memento for a few days to remind me not to speak out of turn," Ezekiel growled the words, holding a compress to his face, one of the enchanted ones from the apothecary that would stay cold for days.

He took a pull from his tankard of mead and gave me a frown. "You didn't have to take the infraction, Ry."

"You didn't have to stand up for me." I gave him a nod before taking a sip of the ale I was working on, then continued, "Look, Ezekiel, you're climbing the ranks faster than me for a good reason, you're a natural leader and I'm not. I'll always stick by your side and support you, but don't sacrifice your future for my tail."

The lion snarled and looked away with his one revealed eye. "Ry, you're going to be a fine leader and you're the only reason I even made it through basic training as a knight. You're not just some soldier-buddy to me you-"

"Is this a confession? I thought you weren't into other males, Ezzy?" I cooed the words, showing him my sharp teeth as my tail flicked.

The lion grunted at me and gave me a hard glare. "I'm not! But... I mean I'm not into females either okay? I don't care about relationships and would have to abstain from it anyway if I ended up with the Bishops. Still, you know, if I gave a care about it, it would be with you, ya know? Also, don't call me Ezzy!"

I gave a nod, seeing the mead had gotten him a little more open and talkative, it was his third tankard after all. "I get it, I like both, not sure if it was that way when I was mundane. Either way, I get it and I feel the same. We don't need to be rolling around in the sheets to have one another's backs, and I'll always have yours." With a cocky little grin, I lifted my fist.

The lion knocked the back of his fist with mine and gave a growl that almost sounded like it had a purr mingled in, then lifted his slightly drooped ears. "Hey, how did the apothecary go? Did you talk to that cute fox in there? I know you've been eying her tail for a while now."

With a frown, I looked down at my own tankard and coughed out awkwardly. "Ah, I didn't uhm... I didn't make it to the apothecary."

"You what?!" Ezekiel clenched his teeth and gave me a hard look. "Ry! You can't just disobey orders like that, do you have any idea what Commander sod-for-brains is going to do to you?"

I couldn't help but feel a smile at the corners of my mouth. "Ah, well... Given I was in a meeting with his superior, I think I'll be alright."

Ezekiel had started to take another drink of mead and nearly spit it out before forcing it down and snarling out in a low whisper. "His superior? Ryder, what in the gods' names were you doing in Toroah's office?!"

Rubbing the back of my head I thought back on it and shook my head. "I'm not sure... at first he said he was going to show me the curative prayers and a special way only he and a few others could do it, but then we just sort of started talking."

"Talking? You and the High Commander of the entire celestial army, just started... talking?" The lion cocked a brow at me, looking dumbfounded at the words.

"W-well yeah! We just talked about nonsensical things, you know like you and I do. Girls, drinks, and our hair." I gave a toothy smile as I shrugged.

Ezekiel snorted out and glanced over his shoulder at his own fluffy locks of hair. "I don't think you and I have ever talked about our hair, Ry. So, you learned some new healing powers or something?"

I shook my head. "We kind of lost track of time talking, he told me to come back tomorrow and he'd show me." Leaning in I whispered out to the lion softly, "He even said he'd take care of the demerit on my record. He also said he'd talk to sod-for-brains about his attitude towards us and the rest of the knights."

He blinked his blue eyes wide at my words and hissed out under his breath. "Ry! You don't just go spilling info like that, imagine what the-"

"He didn't give me a choice, it was almost like he was in my head." I snapped back with my own growl.

"Higher-ups can sense our emotions, but they can't read our thoughts," Ezekiel grumbled back as he leaned away to take another pull from his drink.

"I know that, but he just seemed to know. Maybe he heard the commotion before we even bumped into one another. He is a rabbit after all, those ears aren't just for show."

"Sure, but if that's the case, every fox, wolf, and other canine in the vicinity would have heard it. I'm pretty sure the commander's offices are enchanted to shield sounds."

"I don't know, but that's where it is. I can't do anything about it now, Ezzy." I gave him a playful grin at the nickname.

"Mmph... I told you to lay off that name, Ryder." He snarled and I saw his eyes were slightly out of focus from all the mead.

"Yeah yeah, C'mon, I'll walk you back to your quarters before it starts to get to you, I think you've had enough." I finished the last of my ale, the only tankard I had put away tonight. The lion growled his protest but downed the last of his drink, doing that thing where someone stands up trying to look normal from too much drink, then wobbling slightly.

I moved to him and tucked my head under his arm, letting him lean against me as I grinned, his scent feral but familiar and comfortable, now mixed with the smell of the honeyed alcohol. "Let's go big guy, I'll drop by the apothecary and get you something preemptively for that hangover you're going to be sporting tomorrow."

"I'll be fine, I don't need... your help to walk, Ry." He huffed out but didn't resist as I gave the tavern keeper a nod while walking him out the door.

The barracks were only a few blocks away and the lion was still stable enough to mostly walk, but there had been nights I practically carried him on my back, so this wasn't so bad. Getting him into his quarters I let him flop in bed, then gave a snort through my nose as I rolled him over onto his side. "Don't sleep on your back."

"Don't boss me around, fourth!" He snarled back but already had his eyes closed.

"Yes, sir." I drolled the response out playfully as I tugged his boots off then stood to exit his room.

"Hey, Ry?" He growled out and I looked back at him with a smile, seeing him looking at me out of his one blacked eye.

"What is it?" I called out in a gentle voice.

"I love you man, you're like my brother. If I ever start liking males, you and me versus the world, got it?" He slurred the words and I rolled my eyes.

"Get some sleep, Ezzy. I'll see you in the morning." I slipped out of his room, pulling the door to, and smiling at the words. It wasn't the first time he had said such a thing when into his mead, so I didn't hold it against him.

It was late, but there was always at least one healer at the apothecary at all times, so I made my way there to get something for the lion's morning after issues he would no doubt have. Walking in from the archway I could smell how clean and sanitized the area was, but it also made her own scent stand out all the more since there was nothing competing with it.

The fox no doubt smelled me as well, her dark brown ears lifting as she sorted some linens with her back to the entryway. "Ryder, I can smell the ale on you, been out drinking with Ezekiel again?" She called out in an almost amused voice, her large tail wagging, showing she was happy to see me.

"I only had one tankard, you know I'm not a heavy drinker, Rachel," I called back and folded my arms, poking my nose up slightly as I straightened my back, showing my own thick black tail as it lazily swayed, trying to look more impressive for the vixen I'd been fancying for years now.

She closed the hamper doors and turned to me, her eyes shining in the light, thanks to the glass skylights that dotted the apothecary, giving it constant optimal lighting. I could see the flecks of gold that danced in her blue eyes and watched her give me a gentle smile. "It's good to see you, is Ezekiel in need of something for his drinking again?"

I showed her a smile and simply tapped my finger on my nose in response to the question. She gave an amused roll of her eyes before turning to move over to the shelving that had various potions and ointments on it, all meticulously labeled for easy access. As she reached to a higher shelf, I could see she was barefoot under the flowing robes she wore, catching just the faintest glimpse of her ankles, the robes briefly showing the curves of her hips.

"Tut... I'm almost out of ginger, I'll need to put in a request for more." She sighed as she brought down a small wooden jug, looking down into it after removing the lid.

"Sorry for the trouble." I gave an appreciative bow as my ears folded.

She showed her slightly sharp teeth in a grin, her tail flicking a little harder as she took down an empty bottle, filled it, then corked it tightly. "It's not your fault he loves his drink so much." Rachel hummed the words and brought the small vial of tonic over to me, placing it right in my palms, her fingertips lingering before pulling away.

My heart began to beat hard again like it did when I was with Toroah earlier, but then again, Rachel had always done that to me. I had known her since initiation, and while Ezekiel said I had a better sword arm than him, Rachel simply became one with the blade, seeming to dance with it, and when she did I always found myself entranced by her, not that she didn't do that to me already as well.

She stared at me for a long moment, her eyes faintly shifting to gold before she averted them and gave an awkward huff, her cheeks looking darker. "Was... there anything else, Ryder?"

"Well, when are you going to join me for that drink?" I barked out playfully, pocketing the tonic as she glanced back up at me. She was a little shorter than me, but as far as foxes go, she had more height than most females.

"Y-You know the commander doesn't allow in-unit fraternizing, Ryder." She folded her ears and glanced away once more, looking small and almost annoyed as she spat the words out.

"Yeah, he's a real piece of work, that's for sure." I sighed and rubbed at the back of my head. We both grew silent for a few moments and I huffed out before averting my gaze. "Sorry..."

"Don't be. I want to, I do, Ryder. I just... we both have our positions to think about, right?" She frowned and looked up at me, her drooped tail wagging slightly.

"Positions... right..." I huffed as I stared into her eyes, biting my lower lip. My brain wasn't on any positions but ones I could share with her, and she knew it, being a seer and all.

Rachel grit her teeth, her eyes flaring gold, reading through me instantly and jerking her head away with a huff. "Ryder! Don't think of me in such ways! Gods... that's so embarrassing!"

I barked at her words and bowed my head. "I'm sorry! I- I didn't mean to, I just... You know I like you, Rachel, you're so pretty, and such a good fighter, plus so kind and-"

"That's enough!" She barked out in a tone of command and I snapped my jaws shut. She was a second and had full authority to levy a command against me if she chose to do so.

She frowned and stepped closer, leaning in and brushing her lips to mine, giving me just a quick peck of a kiss. It was a token of affection we had shared a few times over the years, a bandage if you will, to show our feelings even though we couldn't act upon them. I tried to kiss her back but she pulled away, taking a step away before shaking her head.

"You smell like you're in a rut, Ryder. You always do when you drink and you get more... eager, as it were." She sighed out and put a hand to her chest, and I could see the faint show of her breasts in the robe from the motion.

"I'm sorry, you know I really like you though, I couldn't help it." I bowed again and turned on my heel, not wanting to cause her any more grief.

"You know very well that I enjoy your company too, but we both have duties and obligations to consider. Were it different..." She shook her head as I looked back at her over my shoulder. I watched the vixen compose herself before giving me a nod. "Tell Ezekiel I hope he feels better."

"Thanks Rachel, I'll be seeing you." I huffed the words out, not bothering to hide my frustration or depression over the rejection, a moment of sulking I felt the need to revel in. The vixen gave me a frown at the words, but snapped her wings together before offering a quick bow, then returned to her linens.

I gave a frustrated growl as I walked back to my quarters, wishing I could draw a cold bath. I and Rachel had been dealing with this issue for years, but it seemed all the worse tonight, what with the sexual tension I got from Toroah earlier.

Popping the vial of tonic onto my bed stand, I collapsed into my own blankets, I'd just bring the medicine to Ezekiel in the morning. My tail smacked the fluffy down bedding in agitation while I kicked my own boots off, letting them hit the wall before flopping over onto my belly, growling into my pillows. All I could think about was that damn rabbit and the quick kiss I got from Rachel. Did she really think it was enough? I was grateful for the token of endearment but I was also sick of not getting more.

I shook my head, growling at my own line of thoughts, she was a good fox, and I was lucky to even get that, given it was still enough to land us both into hot water with the commander. With a snarl I pushed the self-pity out of my head, making a note to apologize to her tomorrow for being so childish, and tried to find some sleep.

I hope you've enjoyed this episode, my lovely reader!

I'm not going to lie, I kick my tail writing these! A single episode can take me twelve to fifteen hours or longer to make after conception, writing, editing, and proofreading! If you enjoy this, support me, please? It doesn't have to be financial either, just share my stuff and get my name out there. Vote, Fave, Comment, offer feedback, anything. Thank you, and as always, I'm nothing without your support!

12