Blood & Carrots - Celestial Ep. 05

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I've spoken at length with Rachel and Toroah about this situation, you need not worry about that! Furthermore, I'd request you still your tongue on the insults. She is an honorable sheep that cares about her family's well-being."

"A ruse I'm sure. Their kind knows nothing but killing and death." He sneered the words and my ears perked up as I stomped towards him and shoved a finger into his chest.

"I'll acknowledge your loss, brother, but your prejudice is bared before us as well. You need not lump the whole into the same lot with the bad." I couldn't explain why I was so angry, but hearing him insult her just got the fires roaring in me.

He hissed out in response and I felt a stinging ache as he slapped my hand away from him. "Do not assume to know how I feel, Ryder. You may outrank me now, but-"

"But what? Rank has nothing to do with this. We need to get past this, we need to talk more and kill less!" I clenched the hand he slapped away into a fist, both our tails rigid as we stared hard upon one another.

"Will you two be coming to more personal blows over this?" A calm voice filled my ears, I had already felt his presence as I eased my stance.

"No sir," I hissed out through my teeth as Toroah walked between the two of us, each stepping back several paces before offering a salute.

"Ezekiel, I understand your fear, but I feel Ryder is perfectly safe." The Archangel gave the lion a gentle smile as he attempted to take my side of things.

The lion growled for a moment before looking around to see no one else was present, Toroah acknowledged the body language and preemptively spoke out. "You have permission to speak freely, Knight."

He grunted out before pointing at the rabbit. "Do you not feel the slightest responsibility for this? Your lover risking his own tail fraternizing with such abominations?"

Toroah lifted his chin, his ears folding behind his head. "Ezekiel, I feel Ryder is perfectly safe in his interactions with Lorelai and her family. He is the bridge that can help our people cross over these troubled waters, a diplomat if you will."

"Why would we ever need to talk peace with monsters!" The lion snarled the words furiously but the rabbit looked at him unflinching.

"Perhaps in their eyes, we are the monsters, brother. What would you do if you woke up one day and were cursed to drink blood to survive?" Toroah tilted his head curiously.

"I'd fall on my sword and pray the gods took mercy upon my soul before I'd commit such an act!" He spat the words out bitterly, thrusting a hand out as he spoke.

"Even if you could do so without killing?" The archangel fired back.

"You speak of a fantasy, sir."

"You cloud your judgment. I have witnessed first hand the act of them feeding upon willing subjects and only taking enough to sustain themselves." Toroah quirked a brow as he saw the lion's jaw gap at the words.

"S-So we let them treat those we protect as mere cattle then?" He snarled and clenched a fist.

"Of course, I do not, they were willing donors. It's an amusing view to take though, seeing as we refer to them as our flock, would you not agree, Ryder?" Toroah showed me a grin as he dragged me back into the conversation.

I met Ezekiel's annoyed gaze and shook my head. "There are those willing to do so. It's not like they keep them as cattle, brother. I for one would offer you my throat if you needed it to survive."

"I'd rather you offer your sword in my belly!" The lion snarled and spun on his heel. "I'll speak no more of this nonsense."

"You'll speak of it until I say you are done, Knight." Toroah spat the words out in a tone we both recognized, his will coming with it as we both straightened to attention.

Ezekiel clenched his teeth hard as the rabbit circled around him to look right into his eyes. "See here Knight, you are valid in your pain. I also lost many friends during that mess, but you must learn to open your heart. We are supposed to be protectors, not executioners."

"Sir." The lion gave a salute, but I could see the annoyance in his eyes and so could Toroah.

The rabbit sighed and shook his head. "As you were, but do consider my words, Ezekiel. The times will find us one way or another, whether we like it or not."

I watched Ezekiel stomp off, no doubt en route to the pub to start working on some mead. My attention then shifted to Toroah as I frowned. "Sir, there was no need to involve yourself, I can fight my own battles. We have come to blows a few times over topics, bruises and knocks just make friends stronger."

"It is a sentiment I share, so I simply wished to defend my own outlook upon it, it had nothing to do with rescuing my lover's fine little foxy rear." Toroah showed me a smug grin as he patted my backside.

A fussy bark escaped my throat as I felt my cheeks darken. "Sir! We're in the middle of the training grounds, anyone could see!"

"No one is viewing us, I would sense it." Toroah clicked his tongue as he looked off into the distance. "When will you go see her again?"

I grunted at the question and shook my head. "I'd not set a date, I felt she'd want to focus on her new family member."

"You saw her last as the winter snows started to fall, yet now autumn is nearly upon that region. Perhaps it is high time you went to call?" Toroah showed me a playful smile as he looked into my eyes.

"Toroah... I've told you before. If I went to call, it would be of a friendly nature only. You and Rachel are all I need. So, do try to stop acting like some cherub." I felt my cheeks darken at the prospect of it. I wasn't lying, they were all I needed. However, wants were an entirely different matter and I had never forgotten that sensation of her upon me.

"He speaks as such, while clearly thinking about the ewe." Toroah huffed out right in my face, seeing the distant look in my eyes as I barked out in protest.

"Tor! I don't look upon Lorelai like that! I-"

"You respect her, I know."

I swallowed hard before nodding. "Yes."

"Like you respected me?" He showed a grin as he wagged a finger.

My teeth grit as I huffed through them. "Y-yes..."

"Do you still respect me now, Ryder?" The rabbit showed me a knowing smile.

"Of course I do!" I barked out and growled, seeing where he was going with this.

"Uh Huh... so I guess you can still have an intimate relationship with someone you-"

"I get it, okay?!" I growled and shook my head, pushing my hand to my forehead. "I just... she's a vampire, and-"

"Rachel and I have spoken one on one a few times now over you, Ryder. Neither of us expects you to be monogamous, follow your heart in the matter."

I couldn't help but feel my cheeks grow hot at the idea of both my lovers sitting down to tea and talking about me. Finally, I composed myself and nodded. "Are you asking me to see her as a diplomat, sir?"

"I am not, as by your own word you gave, I cannot request such a thing. I humbly suggest that you go speak with her, to strengthen our bonds and your own." Toroah gave me a knowing grin. "You may have leave from the citadel for a few days, I suspect you will need them."

I looked down at my feet and frowned, already playing multiple scenarios in my mind over meeting her. Rachel was away on a season-long assignment so this would be an opportune time if I had Toroah's blessing.

My eyes met his and I gave a resolved nod. "Fine, I'll take your suggestion to heart, I'll go there to talk but that is all. I've no intention of-"

"Yes yes, whatever you say, Ryder." Toroah huffed the words with a haughty grin and snapped his fingers as a gate simply opened behind him to his bathing chambers. "Come along, I need to get it out of my system before you go, I'll even wash your back when we're done."

—♥—

The Circle of Shadows:

One of the more notorious of the magi circles; The Circle of Shadows is not only an academy for magic, but also trains mages in the art of assassination. All members are taught rudimentary spells to assist in the hunting and slaying of various creatures.

The circle has existed in one form or another since the iron age of mundane society. Its reputation is largely one of rumors and even those within the proper channels of magical society debate if it exists.

All magi circles are looked upon by celestials with caution, but the Circle of Shadows garners particular concern, as they frequently have dealings with the vampire councils, demons, and even the denizens of the Faemarch.

—♥—

I questioned if my power would be weaker since it had been close to a year, but sure enough, when I thought about her and focused, I felt that gentle tug towards her. Of course, I had assumed she'd have a home near that large city we had been near on our last meeting and I wasn't mistaken.

Finding her home was a simple matter and once night had fallen, I took a steadying breath before landing in front of the mansion. The citizens that happened to see me wouldn't see the wings, just a regular mundane fox. Granted, given my celestial blood, they'd find me rather lovely on the eyes, but mundane all the same.

Composing myself I strode to the large double doors, grasped the large knocking ring, and gave it a few heavy raps. Several moments passed and I was about to use the ring again when the door dislodged with a heavy groan and I saw a small servant mouse peek through the partial opening at me.

He had semi-long brown hair and his dark eyes widened at seeing me, a hand moving right to the small dagger at his side. He looked to be a teenager at best and very much mundane, but the way his eyes tracked over me, I could see him clearly making out the wings upon my back.

I raised a hand quickly as I spoke out to him, "Peace, I mean no harm."

With some hesitation, he eased the grip on the small dagger as he spoke out softly, "What business do you have here, celestial?"

I offered him a smile as I spoke as diplomatically as I could, "Please tell the lady of your house that Ryder has come to call."

"She already knows," A voice called out from above as I looked up to the second story of the building, seeing Lorelai standing there on a balcony, a white dress upon her that hugged her chest beautifully as it flowed down over her lower half. I felt my breath catch at the sight of her again after nearly a year.

The sheep calmly hopped right off the balcony, holding the dress so it wouldn't billow up to give me a view of her thighs. My tail stiffened as she calmly sauntered over to me, a grin showing on her face, her large sharp canines obvious. "Jeremy... shut the door and speak of this to no one, not even your sister."

I felt the domination of her will flow with the words as the servant mouse gave a quick nod and the door closed, leaving me standing there in front of the large house, staring right upon her. Lorelai gave me a predatory grin, like a primitive cat that had cornered its prey.

"L-Lorelai... uh... Y-You look great in that dress," I stammered to say anything, awkwardly averting my gaze from her.

The ewe gave me a smile as she looked herself over. "This old thing? Just something I wear on nights I've nothing to do with myself. I suppose it is a better sight than trousers, tunic, and armor though."

She looked upon me, seeing I was in robes, not having bothered to don my own armor or travel wear. "Though, I must say I enjoy the sight of you in those as well, Ryder."

I felt my cheeks darken at the words and offered a smile, then swallowed as I saw those large teeth in her own returned grin. "I- I apologize for not giving you warning of my visit."

"Given our circumstances, it hardly can be helped. I am happy to see you again, angel-fox." She cooed the pet name at me as she turned on her heels and I could see she was barefoot on the cobblestone before she casually hopped up to the second-story balcony once more.

I just stared at her, my brain seeming unwilling to think now that I was here in her presence once more. The sheep looked down upon me and rolled her eyes. "Do you expect me to pick you up? Use your wings and come here, Ryder."

My body seemed to respond before my mind caught up, even though she didn't use any compulsion. I quickly snapped my wings and took flight to move to her balcony. Lorelai gave an approving smile and opened the door that led into a large study with a sturdy oak desk, several bookshelves dotting the walls. There were tapestries and even a few paintings decorating the room.

I looked around at the room that was bathed in lamplight, admiring the elegance of it and thinking it very much suited the ewe. She casually slid into the large ornate chair behind the desk, offering me a somewhat childish grin. "Have you come on business, or is this call of a more... personal nature?"

That damn lump in my throat wouldn't go down no matter how hard I gulped, but I eventually spoke out as calmly as I could. "Come now, Lorelai. You know I couldn't be here on business, I can't be ordered to seek you out."

"A fair statement, but perhaps you came here on a suggestion as it were. I'm no fool, Ryder, I know that word-play can easily be used to circumvent a bargain." She gave me a sad smile as she continued, "Though I do hope that's not the case this night."

I shook my head quickly and spoke out with haste, "No, not at all! I- I came here to see you, nothing more, no ulterior motives."

Her eyes sharpened and she seemed to mull over that before I saw them change right there as I stared upon them, shifting from soft brown to red. "Oh, is that right? That makes me happy to hear, angel-fox."

That pet name again, I wanted to grumble, but hearing her say it actually made my heart beat a bit faster. I offered a grin and rubbed the back of my head, my wings awkwardly folding along my back tightly, as if to make sure I didn't bump something off a table or knock down a painting. "I'm really glad to hear that."

Lorelai stood from her chair and moved over to a small cabinet, taking out two glasses along with a bottle of wine. The sheep smiled as she set them down, brushing some dust off the bottle before uncorking it. "You'll have to pardon the dust, I don't get many visitors, especially of the variety that would enjoy drinking it, but I assure you the vintage and flavor should be pleasant to mundane pallet."

She poured me a glass while looking at me out of the corner of her red eyes, a look of hunger in them that sent a shiver up my spine. Once half-filled, she passed me the glass and corked the bottle.

"You won't be having any, Lorelai?" I huffed the words and took a sip of the wine. It did have lovely aromatics, but given I drank things like mead and brandy, I couldn't tell you how fine or elegant it was.

Lorelai gave me an amused smile and I returned it, already having known she would get nothing out of drinking the wine. She moved to return the bottle to the cabinet and as she turned to me I collected the empty glass, admiring the crystal it was made of.

"These are quite nice, I'm used to drinking out of wooden tankards," I spoke the words calmly even as she moved right back over to me, giving me that same ravenous look as I took another sip of wine.

I let the tension build, seeing her red eyes focused on me as I finished off the wine, then showed her a grin. "Are you waiting on me to pour you a drink in return, Lorelai?"

She gave a small gulp, as if clearing the saliva from her mouth before she spoke out in her usual cool and controlled tone, "If you would be so kind, that would be quite lovely"

My tail wagged and my wings fluffed out slightly at her words, it made me feel empowered to hear her say it. Humming to myself I reached into my robes. "Let me just get my dagger and-"

I barked out as she pushed against me and grabbed my hand. Her smaller body pressed against mine as she brought my palm to her mouth, giving it a few kisses. "Do not use a blade upon yourself, Ryder."

She kissed down to my wrist and pushed her tongue right against it, feeling the pulse throbbing along it. I bit my lower lip and moved my palm to her cheek, forcing my wrist from her right as she had started to part her lips to bare her fangs. I watched the ewe give a frustrated huff before her crimson eyes met mine, a faint snarl showing as she gave me a fussy glare.

"My apologies... I just wanted to look into your eyes. I've thought about you quite a lot over these months." I showed her a playful grin and watched her eyes sharpen in focus.

Lorelai sighed and shut her eyes, pushing both her hands to my chest. I could see her focusing before she opened them to their brown color once more, but a faint crimson still lingered in them. "It is impolite to tease, Ryder," the words came out sounding haughty and fussy, making my heart pound in my ears.

"I wasn't trying to tease you, Lorelai. I simply wanted to enjoy your company before-"

I gave a shocked yip as she pushed my forefinger right into her mouth and I felt a small jolt of pain. The ewe then stared upon me hard, her eyes slowly turning blood-red once more as I watched her sup from my wound, drinking down the small dribbles of my divine blood. Of course, I had been focusing my healing prayers this whole time to touch her without hurting her.

She suckled upon my finger for several moments, then parted her small mouth, giving me a good look at her large sharp canines as her tongue dragged over my fingertip to halt the bleeding as her hot saliva rolled down it. I shivered at the display, biting my lower lip as she pulled back and met my eyes with a strong gaze.

"Do you know how the hunger affects us, Ryder?" She cocked a brow as she pulled from my grasp and took a few paces from me.

"I just know you need it to survive, yes?"

She lifted her drooped ears and I saw her tail also lift slightly in the confines of her dress, as she had turned to look out the balcony window. Lorelai gazed at me from the corner of her eyes which were still red. "We commonly refer to the hunger as our demons or monsters, Ryder."

"So it isn't just-"

"No. Every time we taste blood, there is an urge in us, a little voice that cries out for more, to drink and drink until there is none left." She showed her sharp teeth in a hungry grin as she turned to face me fully, pushing a hand to her chest. "We are every bit the monsters your kind thinks we are, deep down, Ryder."

"But... you said you hadn't killed to feed in over a century." I'm sure I looked as confused as I was at this point.

"I have not. Oh, I've killed plenty over this last century, Ryder, but mostly the wild ones of my own kind. You see, we are very much like the mundane in that respect. I'm sure I don't need to tell you that some mundane can be more vicious than the most brutal demons."

The sheep casually moved to me, her white dress flowing at her knees as she moved a palm over her desk. "Yes, we have to focus to drown out that voice, it's a battle each and every time, for all of us. We have to remain vigilant too, because when we think we're in control, that is when it will strike, and that... is when we kill."

I swallowed and gave a nod as she met my eyes. Lorelai gave me a long hard look, then gave a nod. "You wanted to talk because you thought once I started drinking, I'd simply lose myself, yes?"

My ears folded as I averted my eyes. "My apologies, It was not an implication of you being weak..."

I felt her grab my chin and then flinch from the pain that came with the gesture, but I quickly focused my prayers and the burning halted as she jerked my gaze back to her. "I would lose myself in a way, but not to a point we couldn't enjoy each other's company, and certainly not in a way that would put you in jeopardy, my angel-fox."

My cheeks grew dark at her words and I bit my lower lip at the pet name. She seemed to acknowledge my response and gave me a surprisingly childish grin. "Rest assured, I'll control myself as much as needed, but... you have a decision to make, Ryder."