Blood & Carrots - Celestial Ep. 08

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I will find Lorelai and explain this was nothing to do with the celestial council. I will also explain to her that you two are-"

"Do not," Jeremy spoke out pointedly. I tilted my head curiously at the request.

"This is a family matter and... we should be the ones to break the news of her brothers and sisters, as well as the servants... please understand, sir... we do not wish our lady to imprint such painful memories upon you. Also, it is our obligation."

I frowned and gave a nod. "I think I understand... it is best left as a family matter then. I will seek her out, make sure she is well, but we will keep this whole meeting between the three of us out of her ears. Deal?"

"That sounds fine to me, sir. I am thankful for everything you've done, I knew you cared about our lady, but it makes me happy to know you cared about her family at large and she wasn't just a fun diversion for you." Jennifer spoke rather pointedly to me, showing she had misgivings prior to me seeing her.

I smiled at her and gave a nod. "I love Lorelai, and so her family is just as important to me as she is. I have left an enchantment upon the two of you, it will only last about a week, but it will let you two travel relatively unmolested so you can properly recover, so long as you do not engage in any violent actions."

"I think I've had enough violence to last me for a while, thank you." Jeremy laughed as he pushed his horse into motion.

"Thank you, Ryder. I'll not forget this, and I hope we will see one another again." Jennifer gave me a nod as she pushed her own horse into motion and I sprang off my feet, taking to the sky once more.

I stayed there in the air, flapping my wings as I watched the two for several minutes, then lifted higher and started flying southwest in the direction they had mentioned, knowing it would take the rest of the day and most of the night to cover nearly two weeks worth of ground travel.

—♥—

The Church:

Faith across the mundane world comes in every shape and size, but all worship leads to the same place. Celestials consider all faith across the spectrum of mundane society part of their 'flock' as it were. Only the rare few that blatantly follow the dark gods are exempt from this.

Celestial's protect their flock, particularly the clergy of their faith, but the church at large is mundane controlled and its own entity. It is rare indeed for the celestials to attempt to guide the clergy in a direction, and rarer still to try to actively force the church in a direction.

Ironically, being a member of the clergy does not exempt a mundane from judgment upon their passing. In actuality, the gods are stricter upon those members given they are representative of the faith.

—♥—

I felt Lorelai's energy once the sun was down, my heart feeling lighter as I deviated my flight to a more direct route. I couldn't even fathom what she would be like, but I had to see her, I had to let her know I was there for her and that I had no part in this horrible affair.

It was getting close to the morning twilight when I was within range of her, a few hours before the sun would start to rise. I saw the sheep jerk her head up sharply when she sensed my presence, pulling her horse to a halt so quickly it reared. The other three with her halted abruptly and I watched them hold an exchange before she pointed and ordered the foxes to move forward. I saw her take a few moments to speak with Val who seemed to focus, then looked towards my direction as if acknowledging my presence even though he couldn't see me.

Once the incubus followed after the foxes, I moved in to speak with her. Lorelai pulled her horse to the side of the path and tied its rope to a small tree before pacing away. I landed a few dozen yards from her, folding my wings and standing there with my hands clearly visible. I could feel her fury and crushing will even from here.

"Ryder..." She hissed my name out, one part bitterness, one part relief to see me.

I didn't bother hedging words or trying to beat around the bush. "It had nothing to do with us, I came as soon as I found out, Lorelai!" I spoke the words earnestly, my arms parted as I took a few steps towards her. "I was terrified that I had lost you..."

Her eyes softened and I felt the fury ease in her, a moment later she was in my arms, hugging tight to me, pushing her forehead into my chest. Her small curled horns hurt a little as they pressed against me, but I didn't say anything and just held her tight, a hand brushing through her soft hair.

We just held one another tightly as I took in her scent and even the slight warmth of her body, her heart now pounding in her chest, though I wasn't sure if she was meaning to do so or not. After a few minutes, she composed herself and pulled from my arms, a hand gently resting on the hilt of one of her swords.

"I do not show gratitude to the gods very often, my angel fox. Though in this case, I am thankful you and yours were not involved. It would have shattered my very heart to put you to the sword for your treachery, but I would have done so."

"To offer you years of companionship as well as my love, only to use it to strike against you and your family? Being put to the sword would be more than I would deserve for such acts. Rest assured, my love, this had nothing to do with me or my kind." I gave her a firm nod, meeting her eyes and letting her fully read me to know it was true.

She sighed and gave me a nod, then met my eyes. "How did you find out?"

"One of the cadets stationed in that city gave us the details in a report, but they didn't think it important, so I only received the news today."

"And you flew straight here to me huh?" She smiled and fully relaxed her stance before me.

"After checking on the city, yes." I gave her a nod.

She winced, then I saw her look away, clearly seeing the worry and fear in her eyes before looking back to me. "Did you... sense anything?"

I shook my head. I wanted to tell her about everything, but I had given my word to the mice and felt they were most likely correct, that it should be a family thing. "I couldn't say, love. You know yours and Val's are really the only two energies I could really pick up on?"

"What of Jennifer and Jeremy? Surely you'd interacted with them enough to sense their presence?" She tilted her head skeptically, but I couldn't blame her, she was desperate for any news of her family.

"You may not know this, Lorelai, but my powers won't track a being at rest. I think it's the gods way of keeping me from being some sneaky pervert. Mayhaps they were resting when I arrived, but I do believe I felt their presence in the city before I started this way." I was not a good liar but she seemed to be somewhat relieved to hear I at least felt their presence slightly.

"It's something. I'll just hope the others are en route already." She met my eyes and shook her head. "Ryder, I'm no stranger to betrayal but had you... even without the threats of violence..."

She clenched her teeth and I watched her put a hand to her chest. Lorelai was such an immensely powerful being, but she looked so weak and small in this moment. "The idea of it, it made my heart ache so badly. I wasn't aware just how much I loved you..."

"I wish I could have stopped it, I wish I could have come to you sooner." I moved forward and took her in my arms once more. Lorelai shuddered and shook her head, then I felt her grasp my robes and pull me down, her lips crushing to my own as my eyes widened at the violent kiss.

My body happily responded, both our tongues meeting before I purposefully grazed my tongue against her sharp tooth, letting blood mingle into the kiss. Lorelai snarled at the taste of my blood, her tongue lapping harder with my own before she parted from my kiss, her teeth bared and eyes red as she looked upon me.

I said nothing and simply tilted my head, of course, I had been channeling my energies to keep from burning her. The sheep lunged forward, wrapping her arms around my neck and plunging her fangs into my throat, riding me to the ground as she started ravenously drinking from me, as if she were afraid she'd never have it again.

I sat upon the grass, one hand resting upon her rear, the other in her hair, holding her as my tongue lolled out, the euphoria having full grip on me as I felt her draw forth my divine blood by the mouthful.

She didn't want to stop, hell, I didn't want her to stop. The euphoria in me wanted her to just drain me and kill me in her arms, the thought of it sounded like heaven, to have my life ebb away in the embrace of such a perfect sheep. She snarled as if she were angry and finally pulled free with a gasp, her bloody tongue lolled out as she regained her composure.

I felt the supernatural tether break, my reasoning returning to me as I winced and focused on healing my wound, feeling a little lightheaded from the blood loss. "Damn... you were... hungry, love..."

"I've not been feeding much, been too upset... I've been sipping a bit to make the others not worry, but I simply couldn't bring myself to..." She whispered the words, pulling a small handkerchief from her trousers to wipe the blood off my collar and from her chin.

"I'm so glad you're safe... your family too..." I growled the words, pushing my hand to her cheeks, feeling them flush and warm as my blood started to fuel her smaller body.

Her eyes averted as she nodded. "Yes, Val, Sarnai, and Elias are all safe with me. We had a few siblings in outlying homes that I'm worried about, but they are smart and capable, I'm sure they'll be along..."

She looked like she was saying the words to herself more than she was me and I felt my heart twist at the knowledge I had sworn not to reveal to her. I just gave her a nod and pushed my forehead to hers. "What is your destination?"

Her red eyes met mine as she moved closer, giving me a small kiss, then playfully bumping her nose to mine before her eyes slowly shifted back to that soft brown. "We make for Istanbul, I have a sister there and we can seek asylum while I wait for the rest of my family to regroup."

"So, I'd wager you're about halfway so far?" I pulled her closer, the sheep now sitting in my lap facing me in a straddling position, her legs locking around behind me as my tail batted against her boots.

"I'd wager that, yes. I knew it would take about a month on horseback. I could probably be there in a few days had I a nice set of wings like yours." She hummed the words, seeming to have relaxed now that she had my blood in her and my company.

"I could try to get a gate opened for the lot of you if you like?" I offered as I moved in, giving her a few more kisses, happy to see her more relaxed.

"Thank you, my angel-fox, but no. It would take a lot of effort to explain things to Sarnai and Elias, also I feel a journey is always worth taking, it's good for the soul."

"Heh... that sounds like Charlotte!" I barked out a laugh and Lorelai frowned at me.

"Ah, the wolf... I'm still not thrilled she is with you, but I'll not begrudge you her affections, as I wouldn't any of your lovers." She snorted at me but I could see it did annoy her.

"I'm sorry, I wish you two could get along, you have so much in common!" I smiled at her and wagged my tail, trying to keep the momentum of the calm mood going.

"Perhaps, that is why we find ourselves at odds then. It is possible to be too compatible with another, Ryder." Lorelai lifted a finger as she spoke, then her gaze softened as she sighed and looked into my eyes. "You have eased my heart a little. I'm grateful to you for that, my angel-fox."

I grasped her hand, giving it several small kisses. "I knew you would be upset, I knew you would be concerned about what play my people had in this. So, I knew I had to reach out to you with post-haste and ease your mind."

"You have grown to know me so well in these years together... more so than partners that lived with me directly for several decades. You are truly a thoughtful fox, and I love you," Lorelai spoke as her lips lingered on my own, then she drew me into a deep kiss.

My body responded as it always did to her affections and I could smell the desire the ewe was building, my hands moving against her form, coursing over her soft hips with my left, my right in her hair once more, nails digging into her scalp and brushing along her horns as our tongues danced together.

"I apologize, it would appear you're about to see me rather upset," She whispered the words while rubbing at my cheek. I looked confused before I realized why, sensing the presence she had already picked up upon.

"Brother, why do you see fit to ignore my orders? Am I not allowed one moment of comfort in this trying time we face? I have not begrudged you or your sister your times to scamper off and comfort one another during this journey!" Lorelai snarled the words, her eyes already red as she climbed from my lap and offered me her hand as I rose to my own feet.

"You underestimate my senses, my Lady. I simply felt a divine presence and-"

"Do not play me for the fool, Elias!" The sheep whirled around to face the white-tailed fox that had stepped forth from the shadows of the night. "I know very well Val would have intercepted you and explained things, the goat is not stupid, though I question your own logic in provoking my ire this night!"

The fox was around my stature but slightly taller, I had not actually seen him since that fateful night I met Lorelai for the first time. I could feel he had gotten stronger over the years since our last meeting though.

Elias growled and focused squarely upon me, his eyes smoldering red as blue flames wisped from his tail and ears. "My mate is distraught and our home lies in ruins. Do you think I did not smell you upon my lady?! You come into our lives and-"

"You will not talk over me, Elias!" Lorelai snarled with fury as she stepped between the two of us. "Ryder had no hand in this matter and my personal dealings with him are my own!"

"Can- Can you assure that statement, my Lady?" The fox tilted his head, his flames tapering off slightly. I could feel the hesitation to upset her further, but feeling he had to assess the situation himself.

"Brother, you have-" I put a hand to my sheep's shoulder and she looked up at me with a snarl, her sharp teeth showing, still tipped red slightly with my blood.

"May I speak on my own behalf, Lorelai?" I quirked a brow but gave her the due respect to ask, given it was her family member.

The sheep huffed and put her hands on her hips, her eyes still red but her demeanor shifting to look more fussed than angry. She said nothing and just turned her back on the two of us, standing there as I watched her fluff of tail flicking in agitation.

I met the red eyes of the fox and snapped my wings out before folding them, then put a hand on my hip. "Do you think I play your lady for a fool, Elias? Know that I love her, regardless of your misgivings."

"I have smelled you upon her and sensed your presence many times over the years, funny you enter our lives, then our home is torched and-"

"You seem to misunderstand our relationship with our followers, Elias. We cannot order them to do anything, and we rarely coax them!" I gave a snarl and spat out bitterly at the other fox, "You have my word, I had no hand in this and simply came here to reassure my lover and see that all of you were safe!"

"How good is the word of one of your kind?" He folded his arms, his flames growing hotter as he tilted his head looking unconvinced.

"Celestials die if they break their word or give it falsely, brother!" Lorelai snarled over her shoulder, glaring at the fox. I realized now why she was so upset. It wasn't because he overstepped his position, I could smell how ardent her desire was for me, she no doubt had planned to take things further.

Elias growled and folded his ears. "I understand, yet I find it hard to believe it took you this long. Why were you not-"

"Lorelai, may I speak with your brother alone? I swear we will catch up and spend a few hours together when this is settled." I gave the sheep a gentle nod.

"Elias, I suggest you do not push things with Ryder and you put your ego on a shelf. He has been training with me regularly and he is your better in combat. If you provoke him unjustly, I'll not stay his sword arm," Lorelai hissed the words as she pushed past the fox, bumping into him as she walked by, then stopped a few paces later. "Also, we will be having words about your disrespect later, regardless of how well placed it was, brother."

I watched the other fox swallow a lump in his throat as the sheep moved to her horse, untying it and pushing it into motion after climbing upon it. I stood there for several moments, waiting until I knew she would be out of earshot of us.

"Was this worth the hell that sheep is going to lay upon you later, Elias?" I spoke out dryly.

"To ensure her safety and that she is not being manipulated? Yes." He growled back as he clenched a fist and held it up, showing the flames rolling off his knuckles.

"You have my word, I practice no misgivings with Lorelai, I love her, truly I do." I opened both of my hands, showing a submissive posture and displaying this was not going to turn into some sort of ego display between males.

"Good... My family is everything to me, and were Sarnai to lose her... I-"

"That is the vixen you found the night I met the two of you, yes?"

"Yes, she and I have grown close, I love her and wish to see what she loves protected. Not that I do not also love my Lady and wish to keep her safe." He gave me a strong nod as I watched his stance ease slightly.

With a sigh I shook my head, putting my hands upon my hips before meeting his now blue eyes. "I will impart news to you to show my intentions are genuine, however... I will have your word it stays between us, you will speak not of it to your mate, your brother, ... or your Lady."

"Is it information that could hurt my Lady or family?" He folded his arms, looking at me skeptically.

"Yes, but not in a physical way that will jeopardize their lives or safety," I growled the words out point-blank.

His eyes grew wider at the implication then he looked away as if he already had processed it was not information he wanted to hear. "So be it, on my word, the knowledge stays here between us."

With a resigned sigh, I explained everything to him. I explained about saving the twins and learning of the fate of the rest of his family. It was a selfish thing really, but I felt someone needed to know on their end, someone needed to be prepared for what would come and it allowed me to ease the burden upon my own soul. After all, I had only given my word to not speak with Lorelai of it.

"Thank you... those mice are still my brother and sister, mundane or not. To know you stood in their defense and now to come here to see if we and our lady are well... I apologize for my misgivings. Val is right, you are a good dog for our Lady."

He handled the news with grace and I bowed at his words. "Thank you for your trust. Know that no matter what comes between our people, I will always keep Lorelai and your house's best interest in mind."

"I am thankful for that." He gave me a forced smile though I saw his eyes were racked with pain.

"Val has spoken of me, has he?" I called out conversationally.

"He has, when I approached him with concern over feeling your presence, smelling you, and ... hearing you and my Lady a few times." He gave me an amused smile.

I barked out a laugh and rubbed the back of my head. "Yes, well... I try to keep it down, but she also gets a bit loud sometimes..."

"Indeed, but it makes me happy to know she has a confidant to lean on. We all love her, but we are still her siblings as it were. She sees it as her duty to protect us and guide us, it's not so easy to lean upon us when she needs it."