Blood & Carrots - Celestial Ep. 10

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"You will have a direct link to us, my child. Simply will to speak with us in your mind and we will answer you if within our power to do so. Also, it is simply something that happens with all Paladins, you will find gold hairs mingled into your blonde ones as well. Had you scales or natural plumage, it would have a similar effect."

"I think I've got enough plumage these days." I snorted as I looked back at the massive wings on my back, seeing there were golden feathers interspersed throughout them.

"So where do we go from here? Do you have orders for me, your holiness?"

"For now resume your life as normal, we will call upon you if the need arises and you may do the same for us. Continue your training, help the archangels with any tasks they need, but mostly just live your life and continue to strengthen the bonds you have created, for they will be your greatest boon in the days to come."

"Understood." I turned and out of curiosity tested it and sure enough, I was able to will a gate open straight to my quarters, seeing Rachel sitting there on my bed kicking her feet a book in her hands. I lifted my ears to see her wings were back to their size as a first, no doubt Toroah having gone through with the procedure.

"Uh... how do I rank now in comparison? Do I still answer to the archangels, or do they uh... answer to me?"

"You answer to no one but us officially, Ryder, you are our knight now. However, please continue to aid the commanders in all their endeavors. You may not order them unless it is through our will or during a crisis, otherwise consider yourselves equals as it were."

"A crisis?"

"Yes, my son. During emergencies or military engagements, the Paladin is the supreme commander, even Ichiro would follow your orders without question."

"Woah... O-Okay... I'll keep that in mind. Well, it was nice meeting you, your holiness. I look forward to working with you!" I barked the words and found my feet in motion, eager to see my vixen.

—♥—

The Paladin:

The Paladin is the highest rank of Knighthood within the military and similar to Archangels, may only be granted the position by the Seraph or gods directly. Unlike Archangels which can be petitioned for ascension by the other Commanders, a Paladin may not be petitioned for.

While a Bishop represents the whole of the celestial military court, a Paladin represents the very personification of justice and has full command over the military, second only to the Seraph. There has only ever been a single Paladin at any given time and the position is not always filled. As of approximately 1400 CC(Celestial Calendar), there had not been an active Paladin in the celestial military in nearly half a millennium.

—♥—

Rachel's ears sprang up as she saw the gate open and watched me step forth from it. She jumped to her feet and rushed to me with her tail wagging happily. "Ryder! I was so worried about-... Wha?" Her eyes widened and shifted to gold as if on instinct.

I gave her a bashful grin and rubbed the back of my head. "Ah, hey Rachel, sorry to worry you!"

She slowly circled me, looking me up and down in awe. "Ryder, what happened to you... your very aura feels different..."

"I, well-" I gave a huff and shook my head, composing myself before I gave her an awkward grin. "It looks like I'm a Paladin now!"

The vixen offered me a perplexed look, her jaw slacking slightly before she shook her head, her eyes blinking back to blue before she furrowed her brow in focus. "I'm sorry, say that again?"

"Uh... the Seraph made me a Paladin, I actually argued with them quite a bit over it, but they begged me so uh... here we are." I gave her an awkward grin as my tail wagged.

"Is this real?" She growled the words, poking a finger at the armor and even running her fingers over the wings. "Goodness they are bigger than Toroah's!"

"I've been saying mine's bigger for years!" I barked the words out with a laugh but Rachel just gave me a fussy huff at my crude humor.

"Greater divinity has certainly not made you any less childish!" Her fussy glare softened as she gave me a smile. "I'd not have it any other way..."

My cheeks warmed as I moved to embrace her. "Thank you, Rachel... I'm so glad you love me for me."

I moved in to kiss her and the vixen threw her arms around me, pushing her mouth to my own first. Before I knew it our tongues were together, rolling and teasing one another as our hands started roaming each other's bodies.

"Hgn... your energy feels so different, but your touch and aura are the same that I've always loved." Rachel cooed the words, kissing along my chin to my throat while my hands moved over her soft curvy hips.

"Isn't energy and aura the same thing, love?" I growled the words as I moved for the sash in her robes and she started to unbuckle my plates of armor.

"It is not and you should know that! I will have to educate you further on- Ah!" She yipped in shock as I simply willed my armor to vanish, fully baring myself to her, my eagerness for her on full display as I gave a smug grin.

"What was that!" She huffed out even as I saw her eyes drift down to my length, her hips squirming eagerly.

"You should know this! I will have to educate you further on the matter at a later date!" I barked the words in a mocking tone of her voice as the vixen huffed from me turning her away from me and pushing her right down to the bed.

Her elbows hit the soft down mattress and her tail hiked right up eagerly, her robes parting to show her full round backside, no undergarment to be seen, just her eager petals and tailhole on full display. "You must think me a lewd vixen, already so eager, but I've missed you and my relief in seeing you return-"

"It's okay... the moment I saw you I was eager and my heart was pounding..." I snarled the words, my right hand gliding over her backside as I felt her ease and lay her wings out across my bed, fully exposing her shoulders to me.

"Oh... ha... I'm glad, my love... ha..." She started panting the words, fists in my bedding, clutching as I started to rub against her folds with my length, teasing that pearl while she panted out with her large brown ears folding.

"Here I come, my beautiful fox," I growl as I lined my tapered head right up with her petals, Rachel looking over her shoulder with an excited grin, then lolling her tongue out as I pushed deep into her, feeling her walls spread until I bumped snug to her core.

"Gods... T-they said you were safe... but I was still terrified..." She moaned the words, the tone almost sounding sorrowful as I leaned over her, gripping the bed sheets near her own hands, grinding myself deep into her while panting.

"It's okay, my vixen. I'm right here and we're together, I'll always..." She clenched on me and I snarled, feeling her give in, an odd sensation filling my soul as tears came to my eyes. I kept pushing, grinding at her core as she moaned out for more, sounding blissful.

She sighed happily, her luscious tail wagging and pushing against me as I loomed over her, grinding her own hips back eagerly, then her ears perked as she felt something wet hitting her shoulder. Her teeth clenched and she widened her eyes as she looked back seeing tears in my eyes while we made love.

"Ryder? Why do you cry, are you okay?" She barked out in concern and I shook my head before giving her a deep push, feeling a surge of renewed love for this fox as I groaned out while grinding at her core, Rachel's tongue showing again as she kept a look of concern on me even as I kept making love to her.

"I am fine! I am just so very much in love with you, my vixen!" I barked out and shook my head to focus, I was awash with memories that were long buried but I pushed them aside to focus on her, to focus on the fox that mattered most to me in my life.

She gave a soft howling moan as I drew her to release once more, then with a shift of our positions I moved her to her back, I wanted to stare upon her face as well.

Rachel laid out before me on the bed, her robes fully removed as we changed positions. Now she was beneath me and our arms were wrapped around one another, our noses nearly touching as we panted into each other's face, our bodies grinding and pushing in the same rhythm, desperate to feel one another.

"Ha... I- I love you so much, Ryder, so very, very... ngh!" She folded her ears as she gave in again while my knot pushed against her entrance repeatedly.

I snarled and gave a heavy push as she barked out and lolled her tongue, feeling me force the bulging knot deep into her, my tapered tip pushing snug to her core. "Ha... and I you Rachel... Ngh! My life for you!" I howled the proclamation, feeling my body give in as my love for this vixen poured into her again and again.

Her eyes shifted to gold as she cried out in relief while clinging to me, feeling my heat fill her. Finally, the last of my love was inside her and she kissed me with desperation, her nails digging into my scalp as my own did the same. We kissed as if our very lives depended on it, our tongues circling together through it all.

Apparently, my body was still recovering from the change as I grew light-headed and collapsed onto my side, pulling her with me as she draped a leg over my hip. "Can we rest a while, yet?" I panted weakly.

"We can my love... rest your eyes, you are safe in my arms, now and always..." She pulled me closer and I nodded, feeling my strength fading as I closed my eyes, content to sleep in her arms after our intense lovemaking.

—♥—

"Sayana! Oktai!" I screamed their names as I rushed into the yurt, the smell of death all around me, my bronze saber drawn. My two closest friends lay in their home dead, looking drained of all vitality they once had.

"Oktai! S-Sayana!" I screamed out in rage, seeing the vixen I loved and her husband in such a state. My ears lifted as I shook my head, trying to calm the wailing in my heart and focus. "Sarnai! Answer me, where are you!" I pushed deeper into the yurt, hearing a snarling growl as I came upon the evil that had ravaged my home.

A fox like us, but with white fur that had been long ago marred with the blood and filth of the savage existence it no doubt lived. It snarled and hissed like a wild animal, hunched over like a beast, clawing at a large mound of soiled furs and clothing.

They had told me of their plan, I distinctly remember Oktai making me swear to protect his daughter if the worst happened, he knew my feelings for Sayana, told me if I loved her as I claimed, to protect her child as if she were my own. Of course, there was no debate to be had, I would do so even without swearing it to him.

"Monster, face me!" I roared out in challenge as the crazed fox turned his red eyes upon me. I snarled as I drew its attention and ran from the yurt as fast as my feet would allow me, knowing it would give chase.

The beast didn't use the entry flaps, it simply tore through the side of the leather wall. I had already readied my bow once outside and when the creature emerged I loosed an arrow right into its gullet. The fox made a gurgling snarl not even bothering to wrench it out before it dropped to all fours and charged me like a wild dog.

I quickly nocked and fired another arrow as he closed upon me, knowing it would be my last shot in many ways. The other fox howled in fury as I took his elbow out from under him, making him crash to the ground before rising once more with only his right arm of use for the moment.

"You'll not take her child!" I screamed the words as I drew my saber. The monster didn't seem interested in my dramatics and simply blurred before me faster than my eyes could track it.

I felt its usable hand shove into my abdomen with its large claw-like nails, tearing through the treated leather armor as if it were blades of grass. Blood erupted from my mouth at the strike but I clenched my bloody teeth and sent my saber straight through its chest even as it wrenched me from my feet.

The fox howled in agony and released me, blood pouring from my chest, stomach, and even my back from the large gaping wounds. My vision was already darkening at the edges and I could hear my heart pounding in my ears, struggling to keep my blood pumping.

"Not yet! Die once she's safe!" I screamed the words, spitting up blood as I staggered forward while the monster was stunned, slashing at it while it was injured, the fox howling in pain and fury.

After what amounted to only a few seconds, the fox scrambled from my assault, open wounds covering him as he hissed out at me and darted away into the shadows of the night.

"Say...ana..." I saw tears fill my darkening vision before my body gave out and my heart stopped. I collapsed to the earth, my last thoughts being prayers to the gods that they would see her pup to safety.

—♥—

"Nugai? Nugai?!"

"Nu- er! Ryder! Open your eyes!" I gave a startled bark as my eyes snapped open, seeing the vixen from that odd dream before me, but with blonde hair, blue eyes, and brown ears.

"Saya- W-wha?" I winced and rubbed my head, shaking it a few times to dislodge the odd dream before blinking again. "Rachel, what's wrong, why are you crying?"

"Because you were crying and sobbing in your slumber, you foolish dog! You had me sick with worry and you wouldn't wake up!" She growled the words, shoving at my shoulders, tears on her cheeks.

I brushed my own hand to my face, feeling the tracks there from my tears, and bit my lower lip. Maybe this was what was brewing in me while we were making love. The dream was vivid in my mind and though I would speak to the Seraph about it, I think I already knew the pretense of it.

"Sorry to worry you..." I whispered the words, rubbing my head, trying to process all of this. I guess Paladin's got to experience their last moments, regardless. Still, I was kind of heroic in the end, and was that truly Rachel? Then there was that child's name, Sarnai. Could it be a coincidence?

"You look lost in your own mind. Are you certain you are well, Ryder?" She pushed a hand to my forehead, moving my bangs away to feel for a fever.

"I am fine, I assure you!" I took her hand, giving it a few kisses, then stared hard into her eyes, feeling something stir deep in me, I had no doubt, it was her and that was me. Rachel stared back, her eyes widening a moment as they shimmered to gold.

"Ryder... why is my heart pounding so? It aches as if I have not laid eyes upon you in ages, though you are right here..." She pushed a hand to my face, it was trembling as she drew closer.

I snarled in response and simply wrapped my arms around her, drawing her into a deep kiss. Rachel took a breath through her nose but returned my kiss with just as much fervor. It was odd, to say the least, it was like we were two different people in that moment, as if two other souls were acting out the act within our bodies.

We parted as I panted out in her face, my eyes on hers, my own hand to her cheek. "I love you, I love you... I always have, I always will!"

"I love you too, Ryder! Please don't ever leave me again!" She sobbed out the words, tears in her eyes as I lifted my ears in confusion.

"What do you mean, again? I was only gone for like, three days, Rachel. We've had season-long deployments before." My hand brushed away her tears, her own eyes looking equally confused.

"I don't... know why I said that... it was as if it came from deep down and I had no control over it. As if I had lost you and now found you again... I don't understand." Rachel kept her own hand on my face, her eyes never leaving my own.

I pushed my forehead to hers, closing my eyes as I growled. "I'll always be by your side, Rachel, don't you worry about that."

—♥—

Nomadic Tribes:

Nomadic tribes were common throughout the Khanates and persist even to this day. The members would consist of close-knit communities, often of the same species. They would travel multiple times a year to keep their grazing primitive animals fed.

Nugai and Sayana's tribe was just another small community of black foxes that time forgot the name of, if it ever had a name to begin with.

—♥—

"A little warning would have been great!" I put my hands on my hips, snarling to the open air.

"We did not expect such things to manifest, my son. The former Paladin never had such an experience. Need we reminded you we-"

"Yes, you are not all-knowing, but still..." I sighed and rubbed the back of my head. "That was so strange, and it seemed to influence Rachel as well! It was as if we were two different people in that moment."

"In a way you were."

"I- I wanted to tell her, but, I felt that wasn't my decision to make."

"Thank you, my son. You are correct, it is not time for her to know such things yet."

"When is the time? I thought you didn't have some all-knowing plan?"

"It is time when we deem it worthy, our knight. For now, it does not need to be shared. She is better off without the knowledge, especially if she continues to interact with her daughter."

"So that WAS the same Sarnai!" I barked out and rubbed my chin in thought. "Gods... what should I say to her..."

"There is no need to seek her out, we would humbly suggest avoiding the encounter. She, like her mother, may not be ready for such knowledge, it could have grave ramifications, young Paladin."

I growled as my arms folded. "Fine, but I'm keeping an eye on her! I still have my word to keep, after all. Me having been reborn doesn't change that!"

"Your sense of duty is admirable, my son. Please do as you see-"

"What became of her husband, of uh... Oktai?"

"He was offered the choice, he chose to rest."

"Interesting... and what of that vampire? I assume it survived those attacks it received."

"That is knowledge we do not have, my son."

"Tch... if he's still kicking around, I owe the bastard one." I grumbled as my hand rested upon the hilt of my sword. "Alright, I'll not reveal my knowledge to Rachel or Sarnai, but what should I do if these situations keep coming up? Call me selfish but I do not wish to give up my lovemaking with my partner if I can avoid it."

There was a long silence before the voice answered me sounding slightly awkward, "... we would surmise it was a unique situation. Should it happen again, please address us and we will see what can be done."

"What became of Hagen and Ras souls?"

"What would you desire of them, Paladin?"

I gave a snort and put a hand to my chest. "Is that even my call to make?"

"No, but we would weigh your opinion. You are a judge after all."

I folded my arms, rubbing at my chin as I thought of them. "Lorelai spoke much of her fallen brother that night, he was instructing his home to adhere to a no-killing policy and was quite a noble leader. I feel we would benefit with him in our ranks, as well as those that were lost in Lorelai's former home. I say offer them enlistment if they wish it. You should probably do so with any of the fallen vampires so long as they are not evil."

"And your former brother?"

I gave a snarl at the question before looking away. "Let him return to the cycle and try again. Toroah, Samantha, and Charlotte all endured the Crusade as well. Did they come out so vile and jaded? No, I'm sure they have their own scars but they didn't let it interfere with their duty. Do not plunge him into the underworld, but do not offer him ascension again until he has proven himself as a worthy mundane. That is my opinion on him."

"Thank you for your insight, tell us, Paladin. Do you feel there is a proper candidate to ascend to an archangel? We have only four now, when before we had six."