Blood & Carrots - Celestial Ep. 14

Story Info
Episode 14: My Avenger and our hope.
11.3k words
4.86
1.8k
2
0

Part 14 of the 21 part series

Updated 06/11/2023
Created 12/25/2021
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Welcome back, my lovely reader~

If this is your first visit to the Blood & Carrots series, STOP go read the first one then 'Silverpaw' next, to get the best experience. This is a direct sequel and I STRONGLY recommend reading the first ones so you're not lost. Yes, my writing wasn't as polished back then, but you seriously do yourself a disservice if you move forward without knowing the story of the first two.

Take your time, I'll wait for you to catch up. :3

And with that out of the way...

Welcome back, my lovely reader!

Well! I've certainly been slinging the drama around haven't I? How are you enjoying it, my lovely reader? I know it's a little jarring most likely, but I hope it's been an exciting ride for you!

There's more drama on the horizon too! I, however, do not wish to create too much of a drought with the lewd fun times, so I'll try to squeeze a little in this episode!

Our ewe has found herself in an interesting spot to be sure, she has a goal but no means to an end just yet. Do you have faith and hope in her? Will she be able to right things while still keeping her family safe? Okay, let's jump right in!

—♥—

Episode 14:

My Avenger and our hope

"Welcome back, my Avenger, tell me about Ryder and Charlotte," She was already speaking the words as I stepped through the gate into the poorly lit chamber.

"It's good to see you too, Mother," I responded, not bothering to hide the annoyance in my voice as I tossed a large thermos to her.

The elder caught the drink container and gave it a quizzical look. I folded my arms, knowing she'd have no idea what it was, and said nothing, wanting to see how she handled dealing with 'modern' items.

Her red eyes looked amused at my stance as she sat there holding the thermos. "Daughter, I'm sure you would derive a level of entertainment from watching me fumble around with this, but explain its purpose, now."

The sheer level of will that slammed into me and compelled me to obey gave me a general idea of how it felt to be on the receiving end of my own domination. I winced and took a step back, snapping my teeth together hard, as if I had to, just to avoid blathering everything I knew about the damn thing.

"Good, I'm glad to see you willing and able to resist to some degree, even with such a fraction of my willpower pushed forward." I felt the overwhelming force ease on my soul before she called out in a more gentle tone, "Lorelai, spare your mother having to bumble around like a fool, and explain this, please?"

I cocked a brow at that. I think it was the first full-on request she'd ever made of me that didn't just come out as an order. "You can grasp the top and turn it towards your body while holding the base secure, it will twist free with a few turns, it also doubles as a drinking vessel."

She looked at the thermos with an odd sort of fascination and for a moment it looked as if handing such a thing to a small child that had only learned to use their hands. It took a few tries before she quickly figured it out, even having the forethought to try the same tactic on the sealing plug. That made sense, she wasn't stupid after all, she was as old as mundane history, you don't get that way without having some logic and problem-solving skills.

Had she ears like some of my siblings, they would have no doubt lifted as steam rose from the open mouth of the vessel and I saw her eyes burn as the scent hit her nose. "What a curious thing... I thought I heard liquid within."

"Don't forget about-" She lifted it and was simply gorging herself straight from the mouth of the thermos as I sighed out, "the cup..."

I watched her give a small shudder before pulling away, her tongue showing slightly, coated red as she gave a sigh of relief. "My goodness... I was to lecture you about it not being fresh, but that was quite enjoyable, even hotter than when it's directly drawn forth!"

"Yes. I heated it upon a stove with a pot before I poured it. Essentially that vessel is designed to keep things at temperature for travel." I gave a shrug as I watched her put the whole thing back together and toss it to me.

"How lovely! Be sure to bring it to me like that again, it's much more dignified than me ripping your wrist open and drinking like a wild beast from your open wounds." She straightened herself up and pushed out her blonde hair, it looked more in order this time, perhaps she had bothered to clean up in the month we'd parted.

"It wasn't one of my favorite parts of our last meeting either, so gladly. I can even try infusing it with tea like my sister Sarnai does, see if you enjoy that." I tossed the thermos to the side and rested my hands on my hips, giving her an impatient look.

"Eager to get right to the tutelage my daughter?" She gave me a crooked grin, her teeth still tinted red.

"That's why I'm here, is it not? Let us-"

"Tell me about Ryder and Charlotte, Avenger," the question came again, in the same tone and inflection as it did when I first arrived.

"Why?" My arms folded as I gave her a flat look.

"Because I wish to know my champion better? Because I wish to hear of the ones you're willing to tear the gates of the nine hells open for?"

My eyes rolled as I snarled, "You would force the words from my lips were I to refuse, so fine."

She rested her hands in her lap as she spoke out pointedly, "I will not. Tell me of your own volition, tell me to get it off your soul, that way I know what I work with."

My hand rested upon my chest, feeling my still heart begin to beat as I thought of him and the fallen wolf. "Fine... it all started about half a millennium ago..."

I spent a few hours talking of my little rivalry with Charlotte and my love for Ryder. Each time I'd finish a subject regarding one of them, she would segue it into more exposition. I told her of my love for him, my regret for Charlotte, my dreams I had for him and me, as well as our families. Ryder, Toroah, and Charlotte, had given me some hope the celestials could be trusted to a degree.

"Thank you, it's been so long since I felt love other than that of a paternal nature. It pleases me to speak with you of this and now I can see why you are so determined to see this through." A genuine smile followed the statement and I felt my mouth gap at it, as if I had seen something that hadn't been shown in a thousand years or more.

"L-Look... if you get bored and like stories, I could always bring you some of my favorite books to read." I showed my own small smile.

"Read? Oh, my daughter, I've spent millennia here all to my own devices. I knew a dozen languages in the past, but there's a reason I only speak in ancient dialect now. It has all been forgotten."

I gave a shrug as if it were no big thing to worry over. "It is of no concern. I've taught the wild ones how to speak and read various languages plenty of times in my life. I will teach you as well, in exchange for your training, how's that?"

She gave me a short quick laugh at that offer and then an amused smirk. "Interesting... Giving an ancient like myself a foothold in society again could be a dangerous thing, my daughter."

"You will be fine, you're obviously not stupid or mad." I rolled my now red eyes before drawing both my swords. "That is steps I'll take upon my next visit, for now-" I snapped my teeth together and sprang forward, bringing my swords to bear with every ounce of my strength.

The strike simply stoped in mid-swing just inches from her face. At first, I had thought she used some unseen force, but then I saw she had lifted her hands only high enough to grip the base of each blade, pinching them with just a thumb and forefinger. My eyes widened and burned red as I pushed with all my strength but it was like trying to push against a mountain.

In a flash her foot had landed in my stomach, kicking me off her as I bounced and sprawled against the cold wet stone of the chamber. I heard various bones break or fracture before I finally came to a rest. My legs shook as I slowly found my feet, picking myself up from the ground, several ribs were broken and I had to even grab my left arm, forcing a broken protruding bone back into place that was jutting out of my flesh. I gave a pained bleat of a yelp as I drove it back in, panting as I felt my body starting to mend itself.

"Speed and strength only get you so far, Avenger." She was still just sitting there, her fingers holding my swords by the blades as she casually crossed her leg back into place. "Come collect your blades."

My teeth clenched in a snarl as I tested my footing, the fractures in my legs starting to heal but still left me unstable, each step agonizing as I pushed through the pain and shuffled over to her.

I collected one sword with my working arm, putting it away, my other arm still hanging fairly useless as it healed. Her eyes narrowed and in a blur I was pushed to the wall, the yowl of pain coming to my throat only after I realized the other sword was buried into my shoulder, pinning me to the wall.

"I told you this would be wrought with agony... will your resolve crumble so readily, Avenger?" She loomed down over me, one palm pushed to the wall, her other on my jaw, cupping and lifting so I was forced to gaze up at her with blurry vision.

"Do... not, question, my resolve!" My eyes burned with fury as I threw my working fist out, landing hard against her jaw. I saw her eyes widen at the blow coming and heard her jaw break from the strike but she didn't so much as flinch or move from her position.

My glare never faded as I heard her set her jaw with a clicking grinding sound and then it was instantly healed. "You really are the brutish type, that's why I like you!" She showed me a mad grin, wrenched my sword from the wall and by proxy, my shoulder. With a flourish, she grabbed the front of my leather armor and casually flung me straight to the ground back-first in a mighty impact that I felt clearly shatter my spine, my teeth clenching as I felt the sensation of movement leave my lower half.

"I'll break you over and over, daughter, but I'll build you back stronger each time. Then once you can endure, then we will see about improving your strength and logical battle tactics." She cooed the words as she climbed over my broken body, straddling me. "Open your mouth."

I couldn't even feel or move my arms, and though I could feel my body trying to reform the fractured vertebrae of my spine, I knew an injury like this could take hours or even days to heal fully. I gave her as much of a glare as I could but obeyed and opened my maw.

"Good girl..." She brought her thumb to her own canine and broke the flesh. She then held it over my open mouth and let just a few droplets of blood spill onto my tongue. My eyes widened at the sensation and all I saw was red as I seemingly blacked out.

When I came too I was crumpled before her throne. I groaned and rubbed my head, feeling my body was totally healed. "Uhn... what... happened?"

She sat there looking bored as she waved a hand. "What was expected. Focus your thoughts very hard, my daughter, I'll not regale you of it."

I grit my teeth and did as she told me. After a few moments, I could recall glimpses of my memories, my vision blurring red as if blood smeared in my very eyes. I howled like a wolf and charged like a bull, constantly assaulting her, the only desire in every fiber of my soul to taste more of that blood.

My jaw set and I winced as I recalled her battering me around, breaking my body again and again but the ancient blood healing it as fast as it happened. I looked around the dimly lit chamber, seeing blood spatters all over the walls, floor, and even some areas of the ceiling.

"You seem to have grasped it," She gave another wave of her hand. "You've no doubt put the pieces together, tell me what happened."

"Your, blood... it healed me, it kept healing me, but it sent me into a frenzy the likes of which I've never known. I only had one goal and I didn't care how much I had to endure to achieve it." I hissed the words aloud, fully standing as I looked around, my vision seeming to have trouble catching up with my perception.

"Good. That is the mentality I want you to have when you fight, Avenger. When the time comes, you will give unto that frenzy and the goal will not be my blood, it will be saving or defending what is yours."

I swallowed hard at the words, the implication all too clear. This would cost me some of myself. A shiver rolled up my spine and I thought about Sarnai, I thought about that night when I was too weak. She tore it all away to save me, she made that sacrifice, and now I had to make that same decision for Ryder. "So be it, I'll become a monster if it sets this right."

My mother laughed at my declaration and showed her teeth in amusement. "You are a dramatic one! I'll not be taking your mind, daughter. I'll be teaching you how to channel all of that, make it your own."

She gave me a haughty look as she spread her hands. "That hunger in you, it has limitless power tethered to it, especially now that you have tasted my blood. So long as you train your body and soul's endurance, I'll teach you how to tap into a strength that even the lords of the nine hells will genuinely fear."

I couldn't help but grin at that, the idea of tearing the gates open and making a path of carnage straight to my fox to save him. She acknowledge my look and just like that, I was on the floor again. I didn't even blink and she had closed the gap to backhand me to the ground.

"Do, not, show me that look again. You will respect the power, not gleefully embrace it as a child would! You will learn to control and utilize it as the tool it is, not let it define you. Have you not said such things to your fledglings time and again?!"

I felt my jaw set, taking a moment to make sure the break was healed before speaking out, "I understand, forgive my moment of weakness, Mother." I picked myself up once more, something I realized I'd be doing a lot in the coming days.

"Even one as old as you may be tempted with power, Avenger." She turned and moved back to her throne, seating upon it once more as she leaned back, crossing her leg over her knee. "The wheels are already in motion, all I can do is prepare you for the coming tide, and hope my efforts will be sufficient."

"The wheels?" I put my hands on my hips, tilting my head curiously.

"Yes. I will find you a way, but it will take time, not something we or your angel will have to worry about. I wish I had centuries to properly prepare you, but you are astute and resilient, you will make due."

"I am..." I pushed a hand to my chest, frowning as I felt my heart pounding, thinking of helping him. "You have my gratitude, truly..."

She gave a shrug to my grateful words. "So be it. I had intended to see you but every season, however since you are so resolute and thankful, now I will see you with each new phase of the moon. You may bring your books and teach me, and on the following visits, I shall tutor you."

My teeth showed in a grin at those words. "Sounds good, I can learn faster and return the favor."

"Yes, and not only will I learn, but I can regularly enjoy feeding again. Truly I am the spoiled one in this exchange, you understand?" She gave me her own amused grin as I felt a chill at my back, seeing a gate to the fields near the city I had been in was open.

"Of course, it's a child's responsibility to do all they can for their parents in their old age." I gave her a snarky quip as I turned my back to her in a haughty display.

"Ha... a sharp tongue as well, that's why you're my favorite." I could practically see the smirk on her face as she spoke out to me as I walked into the gate, "Go, my daughter, my Avenger, our hope."

—♥—

The Faemarch:

Like the Underworld and Heavens, the Faemarch is a realm connected with the mundane plane of existence, but unlike the aforementioned locations, the Faemarch is connected to all three realities.

A denizen of the Celestial realm must travel to the mundane realm before being able to access the underworld, and likewise for demons to the heavens. The Faemarch however, is joined to all three realms simultaneously.

That said, it is exceptionally rare for the Fae to meddle in the afairs of any of the other realms. In general the Fae are happy to be left to their own devices, baring the rare outlier that may have a bout of wanderlust.

—♥—

That was my life for the next two decades. Council affairs, tending to my family, talking to Ryder and Toroah where I could, then being nearly beaten to death every few months. With each session, I grew a little more resilient, a little faster, and was able to harness the rage a little more.

Ryder seemed to be applying himself to his studies, I had no doubt when he was free, he'd be an absolute force of nature, having all the abilities of a Paladin with centuries of non-stop training as a mage. Magick was all about mental fortitude, and that was one thing he was having trained in spades right now.

"I miss touching you... It's not even a sexual thing, I just miss holding your hand, cupping your face-"

"I know, I feel the same, but we have this, and for now... it's better than nothing."

"It's not enough!" His voice came out like a scream and I frowned, pushing the large gem to my chest, feeling my eyes burning. He and I had this sort of talk from time to time, he was frustrated as any would be in his situation.

"I agree, but it's all we have Ryder. It's more than we should have, and... Charlotte paid a heavy price, so let's not squander it. I will get you out of there in time, my angel fox, but you must be patient."

There was a long drought of silence before his voice filled my mind once more, "Yeah, sorry... I just-"

"No need to explain. I do understand, that is why I try to come to call as often as I can, my love."

"How are things on your end?"

I gave a deep sigh before responding, "A mess... Uh... let me think..."

I proceeded to explain what had happened when last we spoke. Sarnai and Elias had separated, apparently, he was the wild one that struck down her village.

"Wait- So you mean to tell me, Elias was the one that I drove off, the one that... killed me as Nugai?"

"So it would seem... Sarnai left his side in a bid to keep him safe. That time with Samantha, she lost so much of her fortifications because of my weakness, now I have cost the two foxes their very love." I spoke the words aloud, not bothering to hide the sobs in my voice.

"Lore... that is not your fault! You did what you could and-"

"Don't placate me, Ry! I know very well what I did and did not do!" I screamed the words out, tears rolling down my face.

"As do I, every day I am trapped down here... believe me when I say, I know that feeling of helplessness... Charlotte's death is something I carry with me as my sin for being too weak."

We both grew silent as I wiped my face and took a few moments to compose myself. "Toroah has been meeting with Elias nearly daily since the event. He's a good rabbit and trying to help comfort him."

"Toroah has always believed our kind could co-exist, he's one of the reasons I think like that. I miss him and Rachel so much..."

"I know, and when we get this sorted, I'll smack the Seraph around myself to get their heads sorted for you, that dumb Lion too."

"How is Ezzy doing?"

"Toroah says he's taken to his role as High Bishop with extreme vigor, but I've already warned him that he needs to caution him of directing his Knights on being too heavy-handed with our kind. Our peoples are in a very fragile sort of cease-fire. Neither side wants to pull that trigger officially. We lose a handful every decade or so, but each time we do, we retaliate viciously. It's not war, but it's not pretty either."