Blood & Carrots - Celestial Ep. 16

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I hadn't opened the tap up since training with mother, I felt so strong, so damn powerful. The frenzy started creeping into my mind as I felt the cat struggle to defend himself. He was talking, trying to bargain, to buy time, but I didn't hear any of it, I just kept pushing, eager to end his life and show I was the superior being.

I cleaved the demon limb from limb, taking his head last, the rest of his bloodied torso crumpling to the ground as I lapped blood from by wakizashi and huffed out. "Still got that erection now, big guy?"

"On your guard, sister. Ryder tore Kalinae into shreds like that as well and she easily reformed herself." Ezekiel came to my side as the parts and body of the high demon burst into flames that almost looked divine.

Sure enough, a few moments later the cat appeared before me, clutching a few plainly open wounds. "Ha... the angel's not wrong. We can project our will into a double, but we do suffer some of the pain from the altercation. Unfortunately tearing into us in this plane just lessens our time."

"I already knew all this, tuck your fucking tail and flee back to hell, kitten." I sneered the words as I sheathed my blades.

"Vampire, you've made an enemy this day, don't think this is over," The cat hissed the words as he stepped back into a gate as I and Ezekiel gave one another a nod.

I blinked out of sight, launching myself right into the gate after him. The cat gave me a shocked look as I took him right to the ground, my teeth showing, a mad look in my eye as we landed in a throneroom right in the midst of the fourth layer of the underworld.

"Are you out of your mind, vampire?! Do you not realize you are trapped here?!" He grunted out as I bared my fangs taking a snap at his throat before he wrenched my head back and tumbled away, snarling as he brought his sword to bear.

"Only if it closes, demon," Ezekiel spoke as he held the gate open. Even gates to hell had to follow the same rules as any other. They couldn't close when organic matter was in the way, like a large lion standing in one.

"You two... you planned this from the start!" He hissed out as unearthly hellfire formed at his free paw and started rolling over his wielded saber. "But... here my power is-"

"Still insufficient!" I screamed out as I drove down upon him, sending the cat sprawling back from the clash of our swords, his onyx blade just shattering under the force of my wakizashi that I was now gripping in both hands. He flew into the small throne on the other side of the room, shattering the back of it before slamming into the wall behind it.

"How do you have such power?!" He screamed out and I saw the pupils in his black eyes shaking as he sprang from the ground handpaws both caked in hellfire as he threw a flurry of jabs at me.

My fangs gleamed in the dim light as I side-stepped and juked from the blows before driving a boot into his stomach, sending him pivoting back with a snarl. My wakizashi came up in a wide slash as I cleaved the demon's left arm right off, the cat howling in pain. "That was for my home and those I lost to the church in your fucking bullshit!"

His teeth clenched and I saw his eyes widen in the realization of his predicament. "Wait! We can bargain, vampire! I can get you access to Kal-"

My teeth bared, my vision hazed in red as I grabbed his throat and slung him to the ground, chips of stone scattering as I climbed over him. "Fuck your bargains, you've cost me enough! This is for Diana!"

The cat hissed and threw his one bloody hand up but I pinned it to the floor and plunged my teeth deep into this throat. A moment later his struggling ceased as Ezekiel turned his head away while I drank the greater demons' lifeforce away.

I pulled back and lolled my bloody tongue, my whole body feeling euphoric from the demonic blood. Looking back at my brother still holding the gate. I gave him a hungry look before slowly finding my feet and looking down upon the now drained demon. "Tch... thank your dark gods I made it quick, your Cardinal chum will be begging for mercy within seconds, but I'll spend a few years making him suffer."

With a focus of my will, I sent divine flames forward with my offhand, setting the corpse of the demon and several of the tapestries and various furnishings of the throneroom ablaze. Ezekiel gave me a curious look as I walked by him and he followed, the gate finally snapping closed.

"Why did you not hear his bargain?" He asked me after a moment.

I walked over to the unconscious mouse, frowning as I thought about my family that had been lost to me. I hated myself for it, but it had been so long, nearly six centuries, and I had trouble remembering their faces, but not Diana's. Her loving smile, her body, the sounds she made when we were together in bed. My fist clenched as I snarled with fury, feeling my vision growing cloudy with red before I forced the rage down.

After another few moments, I turned to look up at Ezekiel, my eyes brown once more as I spoke out pointedly, "The lords of hell act independently outside of any but their king. He could have provided us with a portal to Kalinae as easily as a bus station could, and being in the fourth layer had us no closer than standing here."

"Did you mean what you said, about taking years on him?" The lion cocked a brow as I gave him a bored look.

"You need not worry if it concerns you, I'll let your gods have him to judge in a year or three. However, he has wrought much misery and suffering even amongst your followers." I showed the Cardinal a crooked little mad grin, flexing and clenching my fist. "No... he will not get off so easy with death, he will be made to suffer and regret."

"Lorelai, was it not you who told me to not let the loss blind me to the present?" Ezekiel folded his rounded ears, whipping his wiry tail as he gave me a level gaze.

"Oh, what profound wisdom you've found in these two years, brother! Ah, I have seen the light, how wrong I was!" I threw my hands out, snarling the words before I snapped my teeth and clenched a flaming fist. "I spit on your higher ground and your gods, the Cardinal is mine! I'll exact a gruesome retribution upon his very soul for Diana and the rest of my family!"

"Is that what Ryder or Diana would want?" He spoke the words as my back had turned away, my eyes widening as I whirled back around, shoving my hand against his chest, pushing him back several yards as I showed my teeth.

"Do not use their names against me, Ezekiel! You know I am within my rights to-"

The lion shouted back at me, bucking right up even though he knew I was his better, "Answer me then! What would Ryder and Diana have you do!? Are you a mindless monster only hungry for revenge and power, or a leader?! You can't be both, Lorelai!"

My vision misted red once more as I bared my teeth, furious at the words. How dare this fledgling tell me what to do, me the avenger of our race. I was the chosen one, I was the greatest of our-

Brown returned to my eyes as I shuttered out the mad cries for blood and vengeance. Closing my eyes I snarled as I drew my wakizashi and marched over to the mouse, clenching it in my fist as I glared down at the Cardinal. I stared hard at this man that had cost me so much. Of course, I wanted to make him suffer, of course, I wanted him to feel even an ounce of the sadness I had carried in me for centuries.

"Get over here angel, give this scum his last rights, I'll put him down while he's out." My words came out as weak and tired as I felt thinking about all of it, my body also feeling drained from all the ancient power I pulled upon. I may have made it look like the demon had no chance against me, but I was pulling so heavily I was barely keeping myself standing now.

He moved to me, resting a large hand against my shoulder as he nodded. "Thank you, Sister. I asked of this for your sake, not his." The lion then clasped the rosary at his throat, his eyes growing a deeper blue as he started his prayer, "Oh divines above, let this wayward soul find proper atonement..."

So it went. My brother finished his prayer and I struck the damn Cardinal down. Perhaps he was right. Perhaps it was better this way, it was what Diana would want. She was a kind gentle soul, she would not have sought the suffering of another, even on her own accord.

—♥—

"You both have done well and collected long-overdue retribution for our family. I am proud of you." My mother hummed the words as we returned to her chambers.

"Mother, does this mean Lorelai is at a level to stand against Ryder's captor?" Ezekiel asked the question and I frowned at it.

"Do you wish to answer that, my daughter?" The elder gave me a knowing nod.

"Brother, each of the lords is exponentially more powerful than the prior. Simply put, Kalinae would easily be ten times his strength or more," I sighed the word as I clenched my fist, staring at the divine flames rolling off it that I had gained from my lover.

"But you are all the stronger for it now, my daughter. You have claimed a gatekeeper's vitality as your own. You have made a major step towards your ultimate goal." She cooed the words as she sat up on the throne, resting her elbows on her knees. "How do you feel?"

"Bitter, resentful I took the high ground. I feel Diana and my family have not been afforded proper justice for this, to say nothing of the mundane he used," My words came out cold and angry as I snuffed out the flames to fully shift my attention to my mother.

I watched her run her fingers through her hair and sigh. "We've enough to worry about. Let the gods deal with the judgment and be satisfied, my daughter. You've wiped a long dirtied slate clean with the loss of that demon. Many owe you two praise, but accept mine and let us resume our training."

I and Ezekiel both gave one another a nod as I tried to accept what was done. It was not my ideal outcome, but it was enough, I would try to be satisfied with that.

—♥—

I stood there before the gate, hands on my hips as I watched the two foxes confronting one another in the field outside of their former home. My heart ached to see them in this way, tears on my cheeks as I gave a resigned sigh. "Mother, I must go and fulfill my oath if need be."

"Yes, but do not intervene until that moment, our ancient laws are set in stone and if you do I will be forced to strike you down, and I would not wish that." She stood there next to me, her hands folded behind her back, looking upon the scene with a neutral gaze.

"Mother, if I must strike down the fox I love, or I lose Alice... I will not return." I cut my red eyes up to her.

"Do not be so dramatic, my daughter. I have told you, it will work itself out. Have faith in-"

"You cannot be certain of that! I have moved all the pieces I can for this, but even you cannot assure me with absolute confidence this will work out!" I turned and screamed the words at her, tears rolling down my cheeks as I showed my teeth.

I gave a shocked bleat as her hands pushed to my face, wiping my tears, then she moved down to give my forehead a gentle kiss. I felt her will slam into me as my body became awash with comfort, a long ancient sensation of a now faceless mother comforting me as a lamb, a being that wouldn't even be dust by today, yet there they were.

"Have faith, my daughter. Know that if you were lost, I would not be far behind you. As you could not see an existence with either of them, I could not with you. Go, play your part, but let the fox and rabbit work things out."

I blinked into her red eyes several times, swallowing the lump in my throat, feeling her still cupping my face as I nodded silently and took a step back from her.

"The Chimera will be the key to your sister's salvation, but that is a bond that must be forged in their own self-made fires. Do not intervene, lest you will set everything off course. Do you understand?"

I gave her another nod, swallowing down the odd emotions, and stepped through the gate, my presence shielded from everyone.

Sarnai, I was there as I said I would be. I saw you in your full madness, I watched you at your lowest point, watched as you yowled in agony as you thought you'd lost your siblings. I sobbed, I begged you two to stop, and in the end, I somehow got my wish.

"What... was that earlier?" I folded my arms, feeling timid and weak as I couldn't bring myself to look her in the eyes. I found myself back in the chamber after the situation had resolved itself, my mother looking quite normal as she lounged in her throne.

"Is it so hard to believe I would be lost and crestfallen without you in my life, my daughter?"

"Yes," I spoke out pointedly.

The elder showed me a knowing grin, her teeth looking sharp as she spoke out casually, "Understand something... It has been nearly a century for us. A fleeting time for one such as myself, but I do not feel I could go back to the old ways. No... you promised to show me new things, you demanded I continue this dance, so to lose my dance partner... Well... let us not roost upon the words. For now, things have worked out and one more piece of the puzzle has been placed."

I frowned and gave a nod. "I suppose that's fair. I've already reached out to the magi circle and will be requesting Alice joins us there to explain the situation. Are... you sure she can do this safely?"

"As sure as I can be in this situation. You must understand that even I am treading into uncharted territory here. She is only the second Chimera our court has ever had."

"What exactly is a Chimera? I mean can you tell me definitively what she is?" I tilted my head curiously as I frowned.

"I cannot, but what I can say, is they are unmatched at energy manipulation, especially in the mindscape. If the madness can be cured and is not permanent, I've no doubt your rabbit will sniff it out when she gets there. She must be welcome though, she'll never be of any use forcing her way in."

I folded my arms and frowned, mulling on all this as I sighed. "I pray you are right, though it tears at my soul that after all this time, I could not help Sarnai."

"You have helped her in more ways than you can know. You need not be the final cure to have aided in it. Let the rabbit finish what you started, it is alright, my daughter."

—♥—

The Madness of Hellfire:

Little is known of the condition, but one thing is certain. The wielder of Hellfire suffers a curse that comes with it. The power clefts a tiny portion of their psyche into its own being then focuses on the most pivotal points of tragic moments in the bearer's life.

The small shard that is left behind feeds off the suffering and as the psyche grows stronger, the nightmares grow more intense. Using the power also increases the potency of the night terrors in magnitude to the strength used.

By the time the Chimera Alice was able to draw forth the cleft off psyche, it had fed and grown knowledgable of its host's life as it was a part of said host. The altercation Sarnai had with the curse brought the psyche's sentience forth, no longer did it mindlessly devour sanity, and in the end, she accepted it was as much a part of her as she was it.

—♥—

Alice drummed her fingertips together as she took in the information. It had been a week since that fateful night and I had met with her at the magi circle along with Kazemde.

"So, let me get this straight. I need to fuck her, then get in her head to-"

"You don't have to have sex with her, Alice. Just sleep with her," Kazemde hissed the words, rubbing at his face.

The rabbit showed him a playful grin as her tail flicked. "I mean... I'd like to, but I get it. So what do I need to do after I get in there?"

"We're not absolutely sure, it's dangerous and unknown waters. You may need to simply overcome the curse, or fight off a demon that's in her soul. I hate to say it, but you're just going to have to play it by ear." I frowned as I looked upon her, explaining as best I could.

She gave me a nod, then a shrug. "Sounds good, I'll make it happen."

I and Kazemde shared a look before he looked back to Alice. "That's it? No reservations?"

Alice leaned back in the chair, putting her hands behind her head as she frowned. "No way... that night... I felt what she felt, I could sense her sadness, her desperation... her madness even. If it will-" She paused and her blue eyes met mine, hesitating before she continued, "If it will reunite my master with her, and Sarnai can be happy again, it's a risk I'm willing to take."

"That is very noble of you, Alice," Kazemde spoke out proudly.

"I mean, also she's hot as fuck and I wanna ravage her, so that might get my foot in the door!" She cooed the words and Kazemde pushed his gloved hand to his face once more, shaking his head.

After the meeting, I and Alice found ourselves out on one of the overlooks outside of the tower. We just stood there at the guardrail, the rabbit looking out into the desert with her arms folded across the top of it. After a few minutes, she broke the silence, "I know you were there that night..."

My ears flipped up at her words, but I just kept staring out into the darkness. "How?"

"When I took in my master's energy, and then Sarnai's... I was overwhelmed with power. I saw you there... crying." Her blue eyes cut over to my own, both of us staring at one another.

"I- had promised Sarnai... Promised that if she was about to..." I sighed and shook my head, tears forming as I looked into her eyes once more. "Alice, I love you, I needed to let you try to work it out yourself so that we could get to this point. However, had she gotten the upper hand... had you or Elias... I would have... I would-"

Her hand moved to rest on mine and she shook her head. "I understand... I'm grateful to know that you were there, that he was safe."

I nodded as my fingers curled into her own, both of us holding hands. "Lorelai... I felt what she feels... Just know that if it comes to pass, you know I will not be upset with you."

My head nodded as I sighed. "It is a long-drawn-out thing, Alice. For now, let us focus on the problems at hand. There is... so so much I want to tell you, so many things I wish to speak of, things I do, loves I've lost..."

"I understand that you have a lot going on, I also understand I can't be privy to all council business. All I ask is that if it would jeopardize my family to not know, you do not keep it from me. Other than that, I will never push you, my love." She moved closer, pushing her body to mine as I turned to embrace her.

Our mouths found one another and we drew into a deep kiss, our tongues quickly moving to roll with one another. It was the first affection we'd shared since that night. I shuddered as I felt her power rush through me, then the rabbit broke the kiss, pushing her forehead to my own, one of her fingers lazily toying with one of my horns. "I wish I could ravage you, Lorelai... my sheep, but I should refrain, save my strength for the trial to come with my new sister."

I nodded and cupped her face, thankful I was holding her again, feeling her touch once more. "I understand, and I agree... we will take a week to ourselves once Sarnai is sorted out."

Her eyes glittered to red as the rabbit gave me an excited grin then stepped back from me with a wink, raising a finger. "Or... hear me out... you and Sarnai get sorted out, then all three of us go off together!"

"A-Alice!" I bleated out, my cheeks growing dark as I felt my heart start to beat. "I and Sarnai have not even spoken about our-"

"No worries, I know how you are love, I'll prod the fox into action. I know you'd take another century to confess." The rabbit hummed the words as she rocked back and forth on her heels, hands behind her back.