Blood & Carrots - Celestial Ep. 18

Story Info
Episode 18: I’m taking my fox back!
11k words
4.9
2.1k
2

Part 18 of the 21 part series

Updated 06/11/2023
Created 12/25/2021
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Welcome back, my lovely reader~

If this is your first visit to the Blood & Carrots series, STOP go read the first one then 'Silverpaw' next, to get the best experience. This is a direct sequel and I STRONGLY recommend reading the first ones so you're not lost. Yes, my writing wasn't as polished back then, but you seriously do yourself a disservice if you move forward without knowing the story of the first two.

Take your time, I'll wait for you to catch up. :3

And with that out of the way...

Welcome back, my lovely reader!

My lovely reader! I do hope you have your seatbelt on, this is going to be one turbulent ride, a veritable hurricane of drama, sex, and reveals! I've said we were getting close to where Silverpaw left off, well that time is now upon us!

I just simply can't blather on more about how excited I am to present you with this episode, but I also won't ramble on and spoil things either. Lorelai has quite a time ahead of her...

Let's jump right in!

—♥—

Episode 18:

I'm taking my fox back!

Things progressed rather quickly and a few days later, I found myself on a little errand in the Faemarch to retrieve a shard of power from the summer spirit's domain. I'd like to say it went off without a hitch but, what with nearly being killed by magical boobie traps and two Great Spirits, it was eventful, to say the least.

"Do you think Triallia is weaker than you anticipated, or perhaps your family is stronger than you gave them credit?" My mother hummed the words while lounging on her throne.

I gave her an annoyed sigh. "Mother, I never assumed my family was weak and helpless. As a matriarch to them, knowing they can stand without me is actually a point of relief and pride."

"So you're not just a glory hound seeking to save the day?" She gave me a challenging grin as I glared at her.

"I'm no hero, nor did I ever claim to be! I do what I must, and if problems are solved without my intervention, all the better! I do not relish wading into conflict, I simply wish mine and my own to live happily." I folded my arms, frowning at her widening grin.

"I'm sure you were eager to test yourself against her though, weren't you?"

I wouldn't deny it, I was furious over what my sister did for a multitude of reasons, that being one of them. I sighed and shook my head before responding, "Perhaps, I was also surprised she knew my full name."

"Don't be. You are a being of exceptional power, it stands to reason one of the Great Spirits would have heard of you." My mother sat up and pushed her fingers through her long flowing hair in a haughty flourish. "You've grown mighty thanks to my intervention, my child."

I sneered at the words but said nothing as I looked away. She acknowledged my stance and quirked a brow. "It will come to a head soon, will it not?"

"Yes, within a day we are slated to meet for negotiations. I know how fae work though, they'll have more at play than they let on." I looked back at her, seeing her give an approving nod.

"You're wise to keep your guard up. Their kind is notorious for laying contingencies into place. Even now my information tells me vast amounts of gate activity has been felt throughout the greater Faemarch, most notably, all areas with the exception of... Spring."

I clicked my tongue at that. "Interesting... You think it's an internal power struggle? Perhaps they plan to capitalize on this? Strike against Triallia while she's busy with us?"

"I do... I'd tell you to forewarn the magi, but knowing them, they're already aware of it." My mother sighed and rolled her eyes. "Though some members of your family may be shocked by it. If things turn, I wish to have your brother on standby, he will join you, he didn't endure the torture of ascending to simply have bigger wings."

"Speaking of that. Was that your plan all along? The Seraph-"

"My daughter, I am a powerful being but even I cannot see into the future. I saw an opportunity and took it, I was not privy to know if he would ever have the opportunities he has had." She gave me a haughty smirk as she waved a hand. "I wished him turned with divinity intact so that he could still be with his family when this blew over, nothing more."

I frowned and put my hands on my hips, giving her a skeptical look. The Elder just waved my glare off with a smile. "I love and want the best for all of my family, my daughter. Even the new ones."

Looking away once more I frowned. "Did you know of Diana?"

"She was on par with your age and power, of course, I knew of her. However, if you ask if I knew of the recent events, I did not. I was just as surprised as you were to know the soul of your sister now resided in that cute little dog."

"What of the others? Do you think the rest are now amongst them? Like Ra's." I tilted my head curiously.

"If the celestials and the Seraph can be trusted in their words. We have no way to know. It seems once they return to the cycle they cannot easily be found unless they turn towards divinity. Even then will it even be noted? How many souls are uplifted and moved through the cycle? How is one to know this one was special enough to delve into and see their past."

"I suppose that's a fair point..." I rub at my chin as I think about things.

"She makes your heart race, doesn't she?" My mother cooed out in an almost playful tone.

I gave a protesting bleat that sounded more awkward than I'd like as I glared at her with a frown. "Mother! I- ... Di- Gloria... she's got enough going on, I'll not distract her with... that is to say-"

"Relax, my daughter. Gods but you're cute when you're flustered." She showed her sharp teeth as she leaned forward, elbows on her knees. "Lost loves... even if you grew apart, nothing like death and renewal to spark the fires eh?"

"Including my fox whom I seek to save, I can count four lovers, I've enough! I am no succubus like Alice, I need no... harem!" I snarled the words, clenching my fists.

"Even you know the folly of limiting one's love, my child." My mother gave me a knowing smirk. "Follow your heart, but I think you do well in your current course to not distract the angel while we deal with these situations. Perhaps... once Triallia and her siblings are dealt with, eh?"

"Perhaps... but that is largely for Gloria to decide, I'll not be pursuing her. The initial shock of the knowledge no doubt spurred her feelings into overdrive. I will let her take some time to think, I'll not manipulate her." I poked my nose up in the air, huffing out stubbornly.

"How practical and noble of you. You're a good ewe, but don't roost too highly on that multiple lovers thing. You're allowed to love whomever you wish, Lorelai. So long as you don't hurt or neglect your other ones in the process."

I rolled my eyes and huffed out like a haughty teenager, "Thanks for the life advice, Mom." She giggled at that and just shook her head, offering me a content smile.

—♥—

I stood there, watching Elias slam his fists into the packed earth before him, cursing the Great Spirit and Alice. Kazemde sighed and shook his head as he turned to the other two Great Spirits with us. "I assume you've no way to help in this situation?"

The Autumn Spirit gave the lot of us an annoyed glare. "It's not like we can tear a gate into Spring on a whim, those things take time. Your stupid rabbit just leaped into the maws of death along with your fox."

"What did you say?!" Elias snarled out, his eyes white and flames already rolling off his body.

"All the same, you forced our hands in this negotiation, did you expect sympathy from us?" The white-furred Winter Spirit showed us a small grin as he spoke and I twitched an ear, knowing things were about to start.

"The look you two currently have says you're not at all surprised by this turn of events," I called out casually as I rested a palm on my hip.

The Autumn Spirit flashed her teeth and just shook her head. "We've no sympathy for what's happening, nor will we for what happens after we deal with our sister either, just know you'll get yours for interfering."

Just like that the two of them just hopped back into gates of their own that snapped closed. Kazemde groaned and rolled his eyes as I pulled out my cellphone and sent a text message. A moment later a gate appeared before me and the sixth Archangel stepped out before the group.

"You!" Katrina and Elias yelled out in unison, the black cat drawing her revolvers and the white fox setting his stance, flames already flaring brighter.

"It's okay!" Gloria spoke out quickly, "He's a good guy now!"

"A... good guy?" Ezekiel quirked a brow at that, showing an amused smirk. "That's an interesting term to use, sister."

Gloria blushed but then growled as her tail flicked a few times and she huffed out, "You know what I mean!"

"Lorelai... explain this, quickly," Katrina spat out, hesitantly pulling her guns away.

"Quickly indeed, there's a lot of explaining to do and no time," Kazemde hissed out as three more gates tore into reality just like that. They didn't look stable, as if the very fabric of existence had just been ripped away, odd tendrils of it hanging down in the gaping maw of the portals.

"You'll get the full details later. He's with us, he has been for a while!" I spat the words out as I gave Kazemde a nod. "You're the mastermind here, tell us the plan, Archmage."

"As you've all guessed, the Great Spirits have deceived us." The cobra showed his rows of sharp teeth as he flourished a gloved hand towards the trio of gates. "Or perhaps more accurate to say... attempted to."

Alex had already shifted into his wereform, clenching his massive paws. "Tell me what I need to kill then!"

Kazemde puffed his hood out with a hiss, "Enthusiastic, I can appreciate that. The other spirits are no doubt making a play for power. They've amassed troops near a massive closed rift. They no doubt intend to bring a joint strike-force against Triallia."

"Where's the worst of it?" I spat out with a snarl, hands already resting on my longsword and wakizashi.

Kazemde jerked his head towards the portal that was giving off the coldest air. "Winter has the worst of it, followed by Summer, then Autumn."

"Elias, you are with me. Ezekiel, take the other Celestials and deal with Summer." I gave Kazemde a nod. "You take Katrina since she is a mage now like you, Alex will back the two of you up."

Kazemde nodded as my brother joined me. "Your distribution of our forces is wise, but will you and-"

"We'll be fine, let's go!" Elias snarled the words as he slammed his flaming fist into his palm. I gave him an approving nod as me and my brother stepped into the winter gate.

Stepping into the bitter cold air we were atop a hill overlooking a plateau full of various troops. To call them troops would be a stretch though, there were some humanoid figures with armor and weaponry, but most were various beasts or monsters straight out of fantasy books.

"Gloria and Sarnai told me there were ogres and such when they first encountered Triallia, but I didn't expect this..." Elias growled as he whipped his tail about.

"No doubt about it, that's a fucking dragon in their ranks, it'll be pretty impressive to tag 'dragon killer' onto our list of accomplishments, brother. Our vixen is going to be quite jealous." I showed him a knowing grin.

"My lady... Lorelai... thank you for never giving up on her, thank you for-"

"Save that mushy shit for later, Elias. We aren't dying here, now let's move!" I gave him a reassuring grin as he nodded and offered his hand. I pushed my hand into his own grip, mixed flames rolling and mingling as I laid my other hand atop our clenched firsts, offering him a nod before we broke off to rush the unsuspecting troops.

I sprinted down the hillside as my brother sprang high into the air. The fae didn't even realize they were under assault until a massive firestorm of divine light washed down over the middle of their unit, burning several dozen to ash instantly. My own blades were drawn as I closed in, my vision hazed red, a mad grin on my face as I began cutting right through the troops before me.

Elias landed with another explosion of flames before ripping his way through the beasts and soldiers. I'd like to say it was an epic battle, but most of the creatures were already driven into a panic from the sudden assault. The blue dragon wasn't impressed though as it turned on us as we cut a path to it.

The thing was easily the size of a small office building and as it reared back, I and my brother both had enough common sense to blur far to the side as a massive cone of super-chilled frost blasted out, freezing all the fae in its path that had still been near us. Their bodies were instantly frozen solid then shattered and flew apart from the sheer force of the blast, the very air shuddering.

I showed a wide grin as I realized the cone of frost was tracking me. "Ha! Nice attitude, but I'm not even trying to move at top speed!" With a cocky grin, I simply kept leading the dragon to chase me while it kept that gout of ice breath up.

Elias capitalized on my diversion, sprinting up the dragon's back, the monster realizing too late as it halted its breath to move its massive head back. The fox sent a diving kick into the back of its skull as it turned, a burst of divine flames following as it roared in fury, reeling from the blow.

"All show and no go, eh?!" Elias barked out with a smirk as I was already atop the beast myself, maroon blades flashing in streaks as I danced all over its massive body, leaving wounds in my wake.

Once we were on top of the thing it didn't stand a chance. Between my brother's divine flames and my own blessed-bloodsteel weaponry, the dragon eventually collapsed to the frozen earth in a lifeless heap.

"Not an experience I ever thought I'd have, that was something straight out of a movie." Elias frowned as the few surviving fae scattered in various directions, the whole battlefield littered with ash and frozen corpses.

"Or something out of an action romance serial that takes itself entirely too seriously," I sighed out while folding my arms.

"That was oddly specific, my lady." Elias smiled at me as he doused his flames.

"Yeah, well, we are-" I gasped out as the very earth shifted under us, both I and my bother darting away as a massive rift seemed to just open up beneath us, swallowing up the dragon's body along with several dozen of the various dead troops.

Blinking down I lifted my ears as I saw a huge field of flowers and more importantly, Alice and Sarnai.

"Sarnai!" Elias shouted out, then we both shared a shocked look, realizing they were standing with Triallia, facing down the other three Great Spirits.

"Elias, let's go!" I leaped into the rift, gingerly landing atop the dragon, glaring down at the trio of spirits, showing my teeth in a snarl.

"No, w-what?" The snow-white fox looked up at me with his jaws hanging open in shock.

"Oh, this? It got in my way along with the rest of the riff-raff in there, so..." I snorted out as Elias dropped down right next to me, his flames ablaze again, his teeth showing in a snarl. Frankly, I think he was just trying to look cool for his girls as they called out in relief to see us both.

—♥—

The Taint of Ancient Blood:

The Elder race of vampires does not follow quite the same rules as their children do. Whereas the younger generation may subsist on mundane blood, the Elder race has a far crueler fate and must drink the blood of their own turned children. Like their younger progeny, they must also endure the mad cries of death from their hunger, only magnified a hundred-fold.

If a younger vampire feeds upon an Elder, like when they first turned, they will succumb to a fury of hunger. There is no controlling this madness no matter the fortitude, the hunger will be all-consuming for several hours to days. Assuming the younger vampire survives, they will be forever cursed with the same hunger as the Elder, needing to sustain themselves on the blood of their fellow vampires.

At first, a younger vampire may still find mundane blood slakes the hunger, but if they keep partaking of Ancient blood, they will slowly find they draw less and less satiation from mundane blood. Eventually, they will be forced to sustain themselves on only vampiric blood. However, Ancient blood is dreadfully potent and a tainted vampire will be frightfully powerful, with enhanced speed, power, reflexes, and of course, nearly instantaneous regeneration of injuries. So long as their blood supply holds out, a fully tainted vampire is nigh unstoppable.

—♥—

Sarnai strode through the portal after having her little heart-to-heart with Triallia and I gave her a smile. "Everything go well?"

"It did, she's alright when you get down to it." The vixen gave me a smile then looked over at the Lion hanging around the other angels. "What's up with that guy?"

Elias and everyone else but Gloria set me with an expectant look as I sighed, "I guess I've got some explaining to do..."

"Do you plan to explain... everything, now?" Alice tilted her head curiously, several eyes settling on her.

With another sigh, I folded my arms and gave a nod. "Yeah... let's get back to house Blackpaw, then I'll explain everything..."

I sat down and took a few hours to explain everything to all of them, bringing my family fully into the light for the first time with Ezekiel and Rachel sitting in on it. At times I watched Sarnai and Elias grow angry, at others remorseful, both of them looking especially shaken when I revealed the details of Charlotte to them.

Elias climbed from his seat and paced away, looking very introspective as he moved to look out the window of the room. "So... if what he tells you is true... Not only Rachel but... had he not intervened, I would have even..." I watched him clench his fists, coming to grip with it all, the fact he almost murdered even his wife.

"Elias, you must not. You weren't in your mind and none of us resent you for that." Rachel moved over to him, putting a hand on his arm.

"It's true, please do not add to your torment, my love." Sarnai flanked his other arm, both mother and daughter comforting him.

"I told Ryder sometime ago upon discovering the details myself. Rest assured he does not resent you, my brother." I frowned as I met his eyes, giving him a firm nod.

Elias turned to face me fully, clenching his fist. "You said the very demon that holds him captive was the one that goaded me into all this?"

"So she claims, yes..." I frowned, already following his line of thought.

Sure enough, my brother thrust a hand forward. "I demand to join you when you go to save him. I owe that bitch a thing or two!"

"There are so many factors at play here, Elias. I'm not even sure if that's possible but rest assured if it is, I won't deny you that," I peaked my fingertips as I sighed.

Alice leaned forward, resting her elbows on her knees, a position I sometimes saw mother take. Even she hadn't been fully in the loop until now. "So, we have to find this Paladin's soul, then we have to find a way to punch a gate straight into hell, am I understanding this clearly?"

I smiled and nodded. "As mad as it sounds, that is precisely correct, my love."

"Well, between Bloodstone, the Magi, and the Celestials. That shouldn't be too much trouble I'd imagine." Sarnai put her hands on her hips, giving me a cocky little grin. "I'll also be joining you. I gotta help out my personal guardian angel after all, right? Get my girlfriend's long lost... boyfriend and..." She frowned as she looked at Rachel, the rest of the details dawning on her. "My moms..."