Blood & Carrots - Celestial Ep. 18

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"How magnanimous of you. Why this story though? I cared little what you did with the traitorous lot." I cocked a brow as I tilted my head.

Triallia barked out in a laugh and I don't mean a short clipped one, I mean she literally had a canine-like bark come with it as she did it. "Har! Why indeed?!"

The Ninetails dropped to the ground the few inches she was suspended and I felt the very earth shudder. She clenched a paw into a fist, flames as pure and green as the jungles bursting forth against her form. "You no longer stand before Triallia, Greater Spirit of the Spring. You now stand before the Empress of the entire Faemarch!"

My teeth clenched at the sheer overwhelming power that flowed from her, even greater than what my mother had brought forth. My knees were actually shaking and fear crept up my spine.

"Empress of the Bloodstone court! You meddle in powers beyond your feeble abilities, let the fox go, he is forever lost to you!" She roared the words out, a mad grin spread on her muzzle, the flames lapping all around her, flower petals drifting off them.

My eyes widened at her words, tears rolling down my cheeks at her proclamation. I wasn't enough? Had I been fooling myself all these years? Was I just a fly to be swatted away by Kalinae and made into another trophy? My fists clenched as I shivered at the thoughts in my mind.

"I am nothing like what your precious Sarnai faced, Lorelai Tahmineh... You stand before a god!" She threw her paws out flames spreading across the field, leaving wildflowers and various other blooms in their wake, the sheer power of Spring slamming into my very soul.

My teeth ground as I squeezed my eyes shut, cursing myself for the fear, cursing myself for the tears, then... I laughed. At first, it was mixed with a sob, then it became a giggle, but after that, it was a full-on deep laugh as I opened my blurry eyes, a haze of red in my vision as if I were in a bloody fog.

"Have I driven you mad, little sheep?" Triallia quirked a brow, flames drifting off her eyes.

"Nothing personal, Triallia... but I said a long time ago... fuck the gods, I'd do it myself... so to be perfectly frank, I don't give two flying fucks if you think you're a god or not!" I snarled the words, sounding cocky and full of myself, letting the ancient blood churn fully uncontested in me.

"Ha! Mad! You're simply mad and I love it!" Triallia slammed a foot to the ground, wrenching the massive curved blade off her side and tossing it aside into the newly bloomed flowers. "A trade then!"

My teeth showed in a crooked grin as I followed her lead, removing both my blades and casting them aside, knowing where this was going. My own stance set, my flames mingled as Alice would do her own, divine and unholy coming together, giving off an almost charcoal color. "Name your terms!"

"Show me the power of an Elder! Show me the power of a mother, a sister, and a lover! Show me the strength of a matriarch and the will of one who has lost everything, only to build it anew from the ashes!" Triallia narrowed her focus as she snarled, "Show me everything Lorelai Tahmineh... do that and I'll tear you a gate open, I'll even tell you where your precious key is."

"Wait! You know where the-"

"Enough! Show me, vampire! Show me and do not hold back, for if you do restrain yourself, I will kill you here and now! Those are my terms, make your choice!" She screamed the words and stomped her foot again, lowering into a stance, the very earth seeming to tremble from it.

I didn't need to think, there was only one answer. I sprang off my feet, the fox before me widening her eyes, the grin spreading on her muzzle at my answer. My fist drove into that smug face, a blast of flames and pressure following as Triallia just stood there, then cocked a brow, my fist still against her jaw.

My mouth gapped and I didn't even see her move but the blow sent me flying back, slamming into the earth, tearing up a massive swath of terrain. My vision shuddered as I tried to comprehend things, feeling the injuries quickly mend themselves before I snarled and climbed to my feet.

"Not good enough... I like you sheep, but I'll kill you if you don't take this seriously!" She was easily a hundred yards away, then she was atop me, her clenched fist in my stomach as I yelped out from the blow, staggering back, my vision shaking before she delivered a straight jab to my face that sent me toppling onto my back with a stream of blood.

I clenched my bloody teeth as her bared footpaw slammed to my chest, feeling ribs crush under the blow as I coughed out a mist of blood into the air. "Disappointing... is this the limits of your love and duty, Lorelai Tahmineh?" The Ninetails threw her paw out and her curved blade slammed into her grip as she brought the pointed edge to my throat while I glared up at her. "If it is... then this is the end of the line, he is gone to this world and everyone you love will suffer the agony of your own loss, your own weakness!"

Tears filled my vision as that blade pressed to my throat. It was too much, I should have done as my mother told me. I should have taken her power in full, mine wasn't enough, it never would be and she knew it. My own pride before even the fox I loved and desperately wanted to save.

"A shame, I thought our families could treat well, I thought you and I could be more, but my word is binding... You seem to have accepted it, any final words?" Triallia snarled as her tails rolled behind her.

"Lorelai, if I ever go fully mad, just know I'll always love you, I'll always be grateful for these talks."

"I trust you Lorelai, we'll get our fox back, I loved you even when I couldn't hold you and always will."

"You mean it, Lorelai? I'll see him again and we can save him? I'm excited to see what my daughter thinks of him!"

"You were a pain in the ass, but I never begrudged you and Ry, even kind of thought of you as a sort of buddy, you know? Get him back, and love him twice as much, for me."

I gave a shuddering sob then focused as my eyes cleared and narrowed. "Get that thing out of my face!" I hissed out and I sent a kick straight into her chest, sending the Ninetails staggering back with a curious quirk of her brow.

I climbed to my feet, rolling my shoulder before folding my arms. "I thought this was an unarmed duel? If you're keeping that sword I'm getting mine and you're going to be missing some tails soon."

Triallia gave me a mad little approving grin and stabbed the blade into the earth before springing upon me. I juked to the side from her outstretched fist, grabbing her wrist as I brought her arm down across my knee, a gruesome crunching sound filling the air as she yipped from the break.

My vision blurred with flames of red as I drove my elbow up under her jaw, hearing another break as I proceeded to push my own attack. She staggered back as I sent a series of strikes into her, using knees, fists, and even headbutting her to send her toppling to the ground.

The fox laid there with her bloody muzzle agape, the whole flurry of attacks having happened in a blink. I slammed my own booted foot down on her chest, showing a crooked grin of my own as I loomed over her. "How's that for trying harder?"

Her head shook once as her eyes refocused and she gave me an approving grin. "I knew you were holding back, you just needed a little prod!"

I gave a laugh and slammed my foot down hard, watching the fox wince before I offered her my hand. She gripped it and I lifted her to her footpaws, before stepping back from her. "I've got too much at stake to fucking roll over and die, Triallia... too many counting on me and too many debts to pay."

"Then fight like it, Kaliane won't give a care about your debts or stakes." She growled the words as she took a few steps back then set her stance, showing this wasn't done yet.

I cleared my mind, sharpened my focus, and brought my hand up, beckoning the Ninetails forward with a crook of my finger. Triallia showed me a knowing smirk and simply blurred out of sight.

My eyes already had caught the glimpse of her shin aimed for my head, my arm raising as she struck it, a gout of green flames exploding from the blow before I spun, sliding my own booted foot out in a kick. Triallia barked out as she blocked the blow with her own arm, grey flames caking my heel as she staggered back from it.

Her ears lowered as she growled, I simply gave her a grin as we both launched forward, throwing fists and drawing kicks, taking turns blocking, parrying or taking a blow just to land our own.

After several exchanges she yipped out as my fist swung up into her jaw, sending her to the ground, flames singeing her fur before she snapped her teeth, sprang to her footpaws, and dove on me. I grunted as I landed on my back, the Ninetails howling out as she sent multiple punches into my own face, stars filling my vision before I finally reached up to grab one of her paws.

Her eyes widened at my grab before she gave a yip as I twisted and broke her wrist, then rolled her over onto her own back, my teeth showing as I slammed a fist into her own forehead, stunning the Spirit before I lunged in, teeth bared as I bit right down into her throat.

"Gods!" Triallia barked out in shock as I started pulling forth her blood. I got a few good gulps in before she wrenched me off her, kicking me to the side as she staggered to her feet, growling and snarling like a wild dog as the wounds started healing, blood all over her greenish-white fur at her throat.

I licked the blood from my teeth and gave her a bloody grin. "You get free energy being here in the Faemarch, I have to do something to keep my reserves up."

"I should count that as using a weapon and get my sword!" She barked out and thrust a padded-finger out at me, sounding like a fussy child that had the rules of their favorite game changed.

"Should I get mine?" I showed her a smug grin and clenched my fist before wiping my jaw of blood.

Triallia gave me an appraising look, cocking a brow once more. "You are strong... it's not all hot air after all."

"I take it this means you accept things and you'll follow through with your word?" I lifted my ears as the Ninetails just started walking over to me.

Her handpaw clapped down hard on my shoulder, claws digging in as she bared her teeth, looking me right in the face as she snarled out, "Lorelai Tahmineh, I can't say if you're up to my level without us going to the death, I'll say this though. Don't talk, don't parlay, when it happens, go in with one and only one intent."

"To put the bitch down?" I cocked a brow and the fox's sharp toothy grin told me I had the right idea about it.

She pulled her paw away and took a few steps back, swinging an arm out as the flames left her. "Let's be clear on something. There are some restrictions with plowing straight into the underworld, Lorelai Tahmineh."

"Do tell." I moved to collect my two blades, pinning them back to my hips.

"No celestials allowed for one, unless they've fallen." Triallia shrugged.

"Why is that? I heard the same thing from the Seraph, has this been tested?"

"It-" She rubbed a handpaw against her muzzle. "I'm not sure, I'd need to ask my scholars about it."

"Okay, what else?" I put a hand to my hip as I sighed. That was pulling a lot of our firepower out of the chamber if it turned out to be true.

"I can only manage so strong of a gate, I'd not be able to send over more than a pawful, maybe four to six. That's one of the deepest regions of the underworld."

"Damn it..." I clenched my fist with a growl. "So it'd have to be me and a few others of my choosing eh?"

Triallia nodded her head. "After you and Alice, yes."

I gave a bleat at that and narrowed my eyes. "Wait, why would Alice have to go?"

The Ninetails slowly blinked upon me then tilted her head. "Lorelai, if I'm creating a gate, she has to be the first one to go as she's the key."

I had to blink at that a few times before I shook my head, my brain catching up to the words. "Wait- Are you telling me, that Alice-"

"Yes, why did you think I called her the messiah of your race?" Triallia folded her arms and huffed out. "I thought it strange you mentioned still seeking the soul of the Paladin when it's clearly-"

"How is it clearly there?!" I shouted out, huffing and snarling as I tried to process all this.

Triallia sighed and shook her head. "A chimera as you call them, is a twin-souled being that has been tainted with both demonic and divine energy then turns from life. Think about it, you said the former Paladin languished in the underworld for centuries, then returned to the celestials and chose to return to the cycle. Alice was corrupted long ago, but you can't take the powers of a Paladin from a soul, even in death. She resumed the cycle tainted and divine. When she turned, the pieces all fell into place."

"Then... but... the Seraph have met her, Triallia, that can't be possible, surely they would have instantly felt that power!" I clenched my fist, unable to believe this.

"No, the Seraph would have to actively be looking for it. At first glance Alice would appear to just be an odd vampire or succubus. I thought I felt the powers in her but all doubt was removed when she came to... visit me, the other day." She gave me a hungry grin and wagged her myriad of tails.

"If this is true... should I take her to see the Seraph?" I frowned but felt my heart starting to beat harder, if this were all true, I had all the pieces at long last.

"You should, yes. Only they could awaken her full power once more and you'll want her at full strength when you go to liberate the other Paladin."

"Gods... this is so much to take in... I- Thank you, Triallia, truly I mean that... I owe you so much." I gave her a strong look as I nodded my head.

"Our families are allies now, it is something I'm happy to give. Understand though that I cannot join you in battle, I will be forced to hold the gate open. I can only do that from here in the Faemarch."

"I understand..." I rubbed my chin in thought. "This may not be your expertise but what about a lost soul? Ryder's lover Charlotte supposedly gave her soul up for all these plans to go through."

"Souls given for trade are property of the Lord of the nine hells. You'd have to ask him or Kalinae. Mundane souls wouldn't get much worth, but a former Archangel? That would most certainly be a prize the Lord would want."

"Does this lord even have a name?" I cocked a brow.

"Does your mother?" She fired back while folding her arms.

I frowned at that as Triallia continued. "Names have power, good and bad. However having no name, means you can never be truly bound or summoned. To answer the question more simply, if they did have one, it would be so buried in the sands of time it may possibly never be spoken again."

"Damn it, so I might have to not only deal with Kalinae, but her father as well?" I snarled at that as I rubbed my head.

Triallia bust out into a fit of giggles at that, then shook her head and snorted out another laugh before slowly frowning. "Gods... wait, you're serious aren't you?"

I frowned at her but nodded. "Of course I am. I have to get Charlotte's soul back! Kalinae started this shit, isn't there some kind of clause I can work with here?"

Triallia rubbed at her muzzle and sighed. "I don't know, I don't know everything, Lorelai." The tails rolled behind her as she mulled on it, then gave me a nod. "Go home, sort things out with Alice. Come see me in a month's time, I'll see if-"

"A month?! My fox has been trapped for-"

"And he'll wait a month longer! You waited this long, don't rush in foolishly, sheep! I'll set my scholars to work on this issue with Charlotte's soul and celestials traveling there, but best we conclude our business in one trip, I can't assure you we'll be doing it again."

"Fine... will there be retribution for this?" I tilted my head curiously.

"Depends on how it goes down. They're as big on contracts as we are. If we can find a fault in one, we can work with the soul problem. Kicking the door in to get Ryder back is a personal affair, it'll garner no retribution from the Lord."

"Wait... isn't he going to be pissed when I kill his oldest daughter?"

"So sure you'll kill her, Lorelai?" Triallia smirked at me.

"Yes. Now answer the question." I snarled and put my hands on my hips.

Triallia gave a whistle, which I wasn't even sure she'd be able to do with a muzzle like that. "You are feisty, no wonder those other girls like you." The spirit gave me a surprisingly hungry look before continuing, "He didn't come after you over his son, he'd not over Kalinae. Demon nobility are very much about being self-sufficient. A demon lord would sooner be struck down than ask for help, the honor in death would far outweigh the option of humiliation in life."

"Alright... I guess I'll go talk to Ryder about all this. But first, it looks like I've got a meeting with Alice and the Seraph."

"And I've got a lot of history to look over and scholars to prod awake. One month from today, agreed?" Triallia extended her handpaw and I grasped it in a firm shake, my other hand moving to hold it as well.

"Thank you... I mean it... I'll find a way to repay you for-"

"We could have sex." The fox barked out playfully and wagged her tails.

I gapped my jaws and blinked at that. "A-Are you serious?"

She chuckled and pulled from the shake. "I'm not, it just seemed like something your lover would say as I was trying to lighten the mood, Lorelai."

I noted she didn't use my full name and I smiled upon her, my eyes looking her body over. She was around my height which was always a nice thing to have in a lover instead of being the short one. Her soft fur was thin so you could see her curves and muscle tone just as easily as any other female. She had lovely sloping hips and nice perky breasts, not overly large but certainly a nice handful.

"Ah, you look upon me similarly to how Alice does! Perhaps I'll make it a request once this is all settled, perhaps you'll even bring Ryder along, we can celebrate his liberation in my chambers." She barked the words playfully and I grunted at them, feeling my cheeks starting to warm at the idea.

"One month hence, Lorelai... take care of yourself." She gave me a toothy grin that looked hungry and then like that, I was standing in my mother's chambers, the Elder giving a slight jump at me just suddenly being there.

"Lorelai! You startled me! O-Oh... I can't say I've felt that in some time... why, thank you very much!" She spoke the words with a grin, putting a hand to her chest. "You look confused, what weighs on you, my daughter?"

I met her red eyes and frowned as I stepped over to her. "Many things uh... hey can I... uh... hug you?"

She gave me a beaming smile and was atop me at once, drawing my face into her chest, embracing me as her hand stroked down the back of my head. "Of course my child, you are safe, talk to me..."

I shuddered at having her hold me, letting my guard down as I sobbed out. "Gods... mother... I- I've found a way... I'm..." I hugged her closer, snarling into her chest as the tears burned my eyes, my vision filling with that haze of red, "I'm taking my fox back!"

I hope you've enjoyed this episode, my lovely reader!

I'm not going to lie, I kick my tail writing these! A single episode can take me twelve to fifteen hours or longer to make after conception, writing, editing, and proofreading! If you enjoy this, support me, please? It doesn't have to be financial either, just share my stuff and get my name out there. Vote, Fave, Comment, offer feedback, anything. Thank you, and as always, I'm nothing without your support!