Blood & Carrots - Celestial Ep. 20

Story Info
Episode 20: Hell Hath No Fury.
12k words
4.84
2.1k
3

Part 20 of the 21 part series

Updated 06/11/2023
Created 12/25/2021
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Welcome back, my lovely reader~

If this is your first visit to the Blood & Carrots series, STOP go read the first one then 'Silverpaw' next, to get the best experience. This is a direct sequel and I STRONGLY recommend reading the first ones so you're not lost. Yes, my writing wasn't as polished back then, but you seriously do yourself a disservice if you move forward without knowing the story of the first two.

Take your time, I'll wait for you to catch up. :3

And with that out of the way...

Welcome back, my lovely reader!

We're finally here, my lovely! This is where it all comes to a head. Lorelai has prepared and planned for decades for this moment, now she has but to take that final step and try to right this wrong against her.

There's a lot to unpack and I won't keep you with my rambling, so...

Let's jump right in!

—♥—

Episode 20:

Hell Hath No Fury

"I didn't think this would work, it's quite an odd sensation to be walking around and moving my body after so long." Ryder slowly wagged his tail as he awkwardly paced about the bedroom.

"Well, Kazemde was able to give the enchantments on the stone a few tweaks to let me do my succubus dreamland thing. We'll need you comfortably mobile when this all goes down," Alice hummed the words, kicking her feet on the side of the simple bed in the room, no doubt what his old quarters back at the citadel looked like.

"Right, but how are you both here?" His blue eyes shifted to me, once again showing that relieved look in them to lay eyes on me, even if it was all in his headspace.

"We're in one another's arms while in bed right now. Alice can pull multiple people into this state so long as she's touching them, or in this case, we're both touching one another and the gem." I sat on the bed next to her, the rabbit leaning her head against my shoulder as Ryder walked around.

The reunion was very emotional at first. None of us had seen one another in so long. He broke down to see me again, sobbing and thanking the gods. I admittedly was quite emotional as well, Alice being the only one to keep herself composed. Then again even as Alicia, she never really was able to look upon Ryder, only feel him as it were.

"Man... you know how to pick them, love. I mean he's quite the looker, the wings just put the cherry on top! Oh, and to know him being with Toroah? Mm! I wanna get in the middle of that as much as I do you two!" Alice showed her teeth in an eager grin, Ryder's cheeks growing dark already.

"A-Alice, you're just as flirty as when you were Alicia!" Ryder awkwardly barked out a laugh and rubbed the back of his head, his massive wings still folding and stretching out, as if trying to get used to them again.

"Oh, she'll back it up too. I'm afraid once you get tangled up with this rabbit, you're fated to be a sex-crazed maniac like she is. You were doomed the moment she got in your head all those years ago." I offered my angel-fox a playful smile as my rabbit pouted at my words.

"You make it sound like I'm some kind of disease that infects you!" Alice gave a fussy glare at me.

"I mean, your chimera thing does kind of bleed off into others, love." I offered her a smile and moved a hand to rub at her ears.

"Lorelai... You've changed so much since I last laid eyes upon you." Ryder frowned as he put his hands on his hips.

"In a good or bad way, my angel-fox?" I cocked a brow at his look.

"Both..." He folded his arms, rubbing at his chin. "You seem more open, happy... trusting. However, I can see what I have done to you, I can feel the burden on your soul, the pain you bear for Charlotte and me. You've given up a lot of yourself in these centuries."

"Means to an end, my angel. Life is about change, I just hope you'll still love what I am once you're free, but if not, that's alright. Righting things will be enough." I gave him a strong nod.

"Oh stop being so dramatic, both of you!" Alice huffed as she hopped right up and flicked her tail. "Lorelai is perfectly fine and you better appreciate her, Ryder! Not that you shouldn't appreciate me either." She gave him a grin and pushed a hand to her chest.

"I am eternally thankful for each of you, as well as everyone else that has had a hand in this." He offered her a deep bow, folding his wings along his back.

Alice had a look in her eyes, one I knew very well. "Hmm... I kind of want to just have sex with both of you right here in dreamland, but..." She gave a sigh. "I suppose we should talk about the plans to come."

"Already made your mind up you're getting in the middle of us when we get him out, love?" I gave her a smirk as I leaned back a little.

"Oh absolutely, him and Rachel too if she'll let me! Toroah is a given and once we get my girlfriend's soul back, her too!" Alice started going down the list, counting on her fingers.

"I need to get you a daily planner for all this." I gave a giggle at the rabbit's enthusiasm.

"I've got a list on my phone," Alice spoke back in a matter-of-fact tone, giving me a grin.

"Alice... do you really... do you really think we can save her?" Ryder frowned as he met her gaze, both of us growing more serious at his words.

"Yes, but you have to listen to what I tell you, you've got to do as I say." She gave him a resolved look.

"What should I do then? What even can I do?"

"Val and my brother Elias will be getting in your headspace like we are now during the encounter," I called out to him as I stood from the bed as well.

Alice nodded. "That's right. My master is an expert at tearing down enchantments and barriers. Between him and your old friend, they should be able to knock you out of this torpor, as well as get those bonds off you."

Ryder showed his teeth in an eager mad grin, clenching his fist. "Gods... I'm going to-"

"You're going to do nothing," I fired back with a hard glare, the fox giving me a shocked look but then his gaze hardening into his own glare.

"Lorelai! I swore I was going to kill that bitch for everything she's put me thr-" Alice grabbed his chin and jerked his gaze down to her.

"Shelf your pride, Paladin. You play into the hands of the powers that did this to you, to begin with! Now, do you want to listen to the rest of my plan or stomp around like a child not getting their way?" She hissed the words at him, her eyes red. I knew in this headspace she was the supreme power, even if he wanted to resist her he couldn't.

Ryder gave an annoyed snarl, his wings fluffing out once she released his jaw, but he composed himself and waved a hand as if telling her to go on. Alice gave him another hard look before putting a hand on her hip.

"The contract for Charlotte's soul is that the bonds will fail and you will be offered a chance to strike against Kalinae. Should you jump in and kill her, or even just injure her, the contract will be complete and then we can't do shit for Charlotte. Even if we brought the big guy down, her soul would still be the property of the Lord of the Underworld, regardless if the position were filled at that moment or not."

Ryder perked his ears up at that, then frowned as he rubbed at his chin in thought. My fox was passionate, but he did have a level head when it counted. "So... if you guys break me out and deal with her... the oath can't be fulfilled, which means-"

"Correct. Her soul is currently in a sort of stasis, as it's not able to be claimed in earnest. It's within the big guy's possession as he's the most likely owner for it, but if the contract is nulled then he'll have to relinquish it. But hey, if he gets cute and breaks his word, all bets are off, you can help us rip the bastard apart." Alice gave the other Paladin a playful grin as Ryder showed his own teeth in a grin as well.

"That sounds good but provided this goes off without a hitch and provided we either convince him to relinquish it or beat him down. How can we actually collect her soul?" The angel tilted his head curiously as he posed his question.

"That's already in the works. The Seraph has declared her a Paladin posthumously. We'll have a sword that her soul can return to," I explained the plan as his ears perked up at that.

"So, she won't have to return to the cycle? She'll just go back to being Charlotte?" I could see his tail wagging as he processed it all.

"I mean, theoretically, yes. I was trapped for centuries but thanks to the divine weapon, I was able to restore my body, I just chose to return to the cycle. These toys are designed to hold Paladin souls, that's why I was able to return in your original sword." Alice summoned her halbert and examined it as she explained.

"Doesn't that mean she doesn't need a weapon and can just piggyback on one of yours?" I cocked a brow as I mulled on it.

"Better to have it and not need it, love." Alice frowned and met my eyes. "Kalinae is terrifyingly powerful and I don't even want to think about her dad. I- we didn't stand a chance back then. I'm stronger now, but I'd rather hedge our bets."

The rabbit scowled and put her hands on her hips. "More importantly, you don't have a magic sword to recover in, so you have to make damn sure you're not putting yourself in too much harm's way, Lorelai!"

My sharp teeth showed as I clenched my fist. "Don't you worry about me, Alice. I've got it all under control." I of course didn't. I couldn't be sure just how I would compare, but I also had to believe I could do this, I didn't have any other choice, we were too far along now.

Alice pursed her lips, as if she realized my thoughts but shifted her focus to Ryder. "So you understand what's at stake, yes? If we are still busy when you come out of it, you stay out of it, or you condemn Charlotte to her fate."

He winced at the statement but gave a slow nod. "I understand. Thank you for all of this."

"Oh, I've got a list of ways you can thank me, lover, and we'll get to work on it just as soon as you're back in the flesh." The rabbit huffed out excitedly, her tail flicking about.

—♥—

Queen Triallia:

The self-installed Empress of the entirety of the Faemarch. Triallia is the soverne spirit of Spring and ruled the Faemarch in an uneasy truce with her three siblings.

The mundane steadily destroying their own world began to take its tole upon the Faemarch, and being the spirit of renewal, she took it upon herself to deal with the problem. Having sensed the power of Alice amongst the Bloodstone court, she struck against them first in an attempt to neutralize the potential threat to her goals.

She was beaten back by Sarnai and Gloria with the aid of the Archangels, but Alex was mortally wounded in the encounter. Sarnai turned him in a gambit to save him while Triallia swore an oath of vengeance upon Sarnai Blackpaw for the injuries she suffered.

At a pivotal moment Sarnai and Alice Blackpaw stood in her defense when her siblings turned their blades against her. Once the ordeal settled she took enough of their power to be the uncontested ruler of the Faemarch, but allowed them to maintain their positions and lives.

Triallia is aloof but fiercely loyal, having taken Alice Blackpaw as a lover while having a deep respect for Sarnai Blackpaw and the rest of her family. She has also shown an interest towards a particular sheep, but time will tell on that matter...

—♥—

My mother showed me that same amused grin she always did as I stepped through the gate. "Welcome back, my Avenger, our hope."

I frowned at that, casting my eyes away. "Is it wise to put any hope in me, mother?"

"Come now, it's not like you to show trepidation, my daughter. Does something, in particular, weigh upon your soul?" She sat up to attention, resting her elbows on her knees.

"I just-" I rubbed my face before pushing a hand up into my curly locks, pushing the bangs behind a horn as I met her red eyes. "I've strived for this for so long, I've got a literal army at my backside in support, but- What if it's not enough?"

"Then it is not enough," She spoke the words matter-of-fact and I scowled at her nonchalant response.

"That's it?! Just dismissed and accepted?" I snarled at her, my own eyes red as my fist clenched.

"Yes. If I told you to move the ocean with your bare hands, could you do it?" She cocked a brow.

"I understand where you're going with this, but do you feel this is an insurmountable task, mother?"

"Had I felt it was an impossibility, I'd have not bothered with all of this. I'd have put you down like a mad little lamb that was forever lost to me. I'd have grieved your passing, but I'd have spared you the agony of struggling against an impossible task and slowly losing your mind."

I processed the words and gave a nod, folding my arms as I looked away once more. "Things are almost prepared. Triallia has summoned her forces, I've ordered nearly every-"

"Tell me about Charlotte." She interrupted me.

I frowned at that and put my hand on my hip. "I've told you everything I know many times over, what more is there to say?"

"Take your angel and run, no messy dealings with contracts and lords. The wolf chose her path, yes?" My mother cocked a brow curiously. "Besting Kaliane is one thing, but the lord of the underworld is very much another."

"Mother... why do you speak of this now? Why do you try to sway me in my course as the dawn is upon me?!" I shouted the words out, shaking my head, feeling confused more than anything else now.

"Tell me about her. Tell me why you wade into battle for her. All the more love from your precious fox if she doesn't return, yes? Do you do it for him?"

My mouth hung open slightly at her words. Of course, I did it for him, I know he'd go mad or try to tear the whole of the underworld apart for her. Did I only do it for him? I bit my lower lip, thinking on things. We weren't even friends, more like rivals that tolerated one another. I didn't love her, and with enough effort, I could comfort my fox and rabbit.

I sighed and folded my arms, shaking my head as I opened my eyes, the red gone in them as I focused squarely upon the Elder before me. "Charlotte is the reason this is possible, she trusted me to see it through in her stead. Yes, she made her choice, but-"

"But nothing. Go collect what is yours, leave the damned to their fate they willingly embraced. That would be the smart thing to do, yes?" She stood and then simply faded from sight.

"Liberate what is yours then risk him and all of your loved ones, for a single soul?" She was behind me, her back pushed to my own now, tilting her head as she spoke out.

"Perhaps so... Perhaps I am a fool to jeopardize them all. They trust me, they believe in me." I sighed as my eyes lowered to the floor.

"Yet, you come here, looking like a timid lamb, wishing comfort and reassurance. Then when I offer you cold hard reality, you shirk in on yourself. A defeated warrior goes into battle hoping to achieve victory." The words filled my ear and then the pressure on my back was gone.

She was just standing there before me, her hands crossed as she looked at me with a neutral gaze. "Tell me I am wrong then. Tell me I do not-"

"Shut up..." I whispered the words, feeling my eyes burn as my fists clenched hard, feeling them shake as I stood there, feeling fear and anger roll in my stomach.

My mother did as I said, saying nothing and just standing there. I took a moment to compose myself, wiping the tears from my face as I shuddered. "I swear to the gods... if I don't stop crying..."

She gave me a smile and shook her head. "Emotion is a powerful tool. What will you do, Avenger?"

I lifted my fist, meeting her eyes, my teeth showing in a snarl. "It doesn't matter what we were, I said it before and I'll say it now. I'll take back what is mine, that includes her." I brought my hand up, clenching the earring she'd given me. "I've come too far, I have to... I have to believe in myself and all those that stand with me!"

"You are a leader, Lorelai. You always have been, and though I am happy to be your confidant when you feel overwhelmed, remember... your allies will only be as strong and able as you are."

I snorted through my nose and gave a nod, punching my closed fist into my open palm, a massive wave of force spilling forth from the impact. "I am Lorelai Tahmineh, Empress of the Bloodstone court and Avenger of our people!"

"You are, you are my Avenger and my daughter." Her palms pushed to my cheeks as I looked up at her. "You have my faith and my love. My Avenger, our hope." I shuddered as her forehead pushed mine, feeling an overwhelming wave of will wash over me, my vision blurring with tears as I shook my head before throwing my arms around her.

She held me close, cooing into my ears as her hand rested upon my head. "All seasons pass, my daughter, and all things come to an end. However, your time is not yet over, you have many that count upon you and dues owed." I said nothing as I held her, feeling tears flow as I nodded against her chest while she stroked my hair.

My mother held me for several minutes, that sensation flooding into my being, the feelings of a mundane life long, long in the past, a lamb held by a proud sheep, whispers of love in my ears, oaths of protection, and immense pride for the small child in their arms. It settled into my very soul and with a shudder, I finally stepped from her arms, wiping my face.

She looked down upon me, giving a nod of her head as I met her eyes. "Your story... our story, is far from over, my daughter. Galvanize my love and that of all those at your side, temper it, use it as your armor."

I nodded again, clenching my fists hard, focusing as I huffed out. "I- I will get my fox back, and I... I will get my wolf back as well! I will also see a comeuppance paid for what those meddling demons have done to my family!"

"You will, of that I have no doubt, and so... I feel I can trust you with this." She pushed a small scrap of paper into my hand, my eyes looking it over. As my lips parted, she pushed a finger to my mouth, then showed me a knowing smile, placing another finger to her own lips.

I swallowed hard and gave her a firm nod as the paper went into my pocket. I stepped back and composed myself. "Everyone is gathering in the Faemarch, we will start within a few hours. I- I came here to see you, and to ask for one more session of training, but..."

"It is unnecessary, we both know you are ready, though I am grateful to see you as always." My mother gave a lazy shrug and I nodded.

"You have arranged all the pieces you need, there is no further preparation. Go forth my daughter, my Avenger. Go with my love and confidence in you as well as all of my children. Show the denizens of the nine hells that the Bloodstone court is not to be trifled with in the future!" She showed me a proud grin as the gate to the Faemarch opened behind me.

I gave her a haughty smile and clenched my fist once more, my other hand resting on the divine sword at my side, Ryder's sword. "I'm going to go pick my boyfriend up, Mom. I'll give you a call later."

"Don't stay out past curfew, dear!" She played along, throwing her hand up as I turned and strode right through the gate, my nose poked up, pushing my will out as I stepped into the Faemarch. Every being present turned their gaze to me with a look of respect and awe as the commander of the operation arrived.

"Kazemde, do your people have gates ready to go?" I spoke out in my council tone of voice as I rested a hand on the divine sword at my side.

The Archmage offered a bow. "I've coordinated with multiple other circle masters. We're ready to open them at a moment's notice."