Blood & Carrots - Celestial Ep. 20

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I glanced back to see the collection of fae troops that spread throughout the fields of wildflowers. There were easily thrice as many from each season as there had been during the initial succession struggle. Triallia stood in full battle regalia before the other three Ninetails which were all dressed with similar armor, large curved blades at their sides.

"I trust you and your troops won't be trying anything foolish during this operation?" I strode over to the four of them, cocking a brow as I set a hard gaze upon the other three spirits, clenching my hand around the grip of the divine sword as I spoke.

"My siblings are properly collared, they'll behave." Triallia showed her teeth in a haughty smirk as she cut her green eyes back at the trio.

The summer spirit snarled but spoke up, his eight tails rolling behind him in irritation. I noticed Triallia must have not allowed him to heal the one my sister took off. "Our internal squabbling aside, the demons of the underworld have been a constant thorn in our side as well. It is high time we put them in their place."

I lifted a finger as I cocked a brow. "You're a deterrent, not an invasion force. Hopeful this is all just a big waste of time for the lot of you. Regardless they'll know we mean business before this day is out."

I turned from them as Triallia came to my side while I moved towards Ichiro on the other side of the field. "Do you trust them to play things straight?" I cut my red eyes towards her as she gave me a nod.

"They've little choice in the matter, but even they know to strike against me now would simply be certain death. If the portal isn't held, the demons will have full access to the Faemarch."

My brow rose at that. "Triallia, you jeopardize the whole of the Faemarch on this?"

"Why do you think I tested your resolve? Also like your mother, I get bored easily and this was a fun diversion, something new as it were." The vixen showed her teeth in a grin as I gave her an understanding nod.

"Thank you, I mean it. My gratitude is-"

"Yes yes, I gathered as much the first dozen times you said it! Away with you sheep, go do your Empress thing, I've troops to threaten and morale to bolster." She poked her nose up as she broke off from me as I moved to Ichiro.

The st bernard straightened himself as best he could while clutching the staff, as if prepared to give me a salute. "Supreme Commander." He pushed his fist to his chest and I gave an odd cock of a brow as the other Archangels present did the same. Alice rolled her eyes and gave a halfhearted salute of her own.

"What's with the title?" I spoke out with a frown.

"The Paladin is the Supreme Commander in all military engagements, and she has specifically said you are the acting commander in this situation, so the title falls to you, Lorelai," Rachel explained pointedly while still holding her salute.

I snorted and clicked my tongue. "At ease then. Give me a status update."

"Each Archangel has a division of knights awaiting deployment at the citadel, the magi circles have their people in place to open gates to here." Alice lowered her salute as she brought me up to speed on things.

"Each Commander has a dozen elite knights ready to go, we've got several hundred of our Cadets on stand by as well, ready to join the fray," Rachel gave me a nod as she explained.

"So be it. This is a personal matter and it will be addressed as such. Toroah, Rachel, and Ezekiel, you are with me. Those with the personal stakes will lead the offensive as it should be."

"Now wait just a minute!" Gloria barked out, Ichirio and Samantha looking like they had similar sentiments to express.

I frowned and shook my head. "I'm already taking half the commanders and the Paladin with me. At least some of you need to stay to coordinate. Once that gate opens the Faemarch needs to be protected, if Triallia or her siblings stop focusing to defend themselves, that gate closes and we may not be able to get back."

"Lorelai, Alice... I-" Gloria frowned and drooped her ears, looking to me, then looking to Alice.

"You didn't ascend to Archangel to play guard duty. You didn't gain all this power to watch us risk our lives. I know, my angel." Alice moved to her, grasping her hand. "You'll be able to see what's going on through the gate, I know you'll charge in and help us if it gets dire. Just watch my back, okay?"

The retriever gave a nod and moved down to give the rabbit a kiss as I tried to rein in my own emotions. "Gloria... Diana... I'll come back to you, just watch our flanks, be ready." I turned to leave her and Alice to their moment, walking to my own people next.

Elias, Val, Sarnai, and the twins were all waiting. Katrina and Alex were there as well. I offered all of them a smile as I spread my arms. "The gangs all here eh? Blackpaw and Silverpaw, united again."

Everyone offered me a nod before Sarnai stepped forward. "You know I won't let you drag my husband and brother in there without me coming along."

"I had no intention of leaving you behind. We've been through much together, my love, we'll see this through as well." I gave my fox a knowing grin, raising my fist as we bumped them together.

"So what's the plan then?" Katrina cocked a brow, hands resting on her hips.

"A simple one for me, a complex and challenging one, for you, my brothers." I met Val and Elias's gaze as they nodded to me.

"Katrina, Alex, Jennifer, and Jeremy. You will be the front line of defense while I take Sarnai, Alice, and the celestials I've chosen to assault Kalinae. If the Gatekeeper summons help, you kill it, if she starts to get the upper hand, you join us. If something starts to target Val or Elias while they do their task, you deal with it. The four of you are the only ones I'd trust with this, our lives will quite literally be in your hands, do you understand?"

"I thought it was going to be difficult, that sounds easy," Alex drolled out with a wide smile.

Katrina rolled her eyes but smiled at him, then refocused upon me with a nod. "Nothing will get past us, I'll protect my master, my brother, and my love with my life."

"Come here." Elias took a knee as the cat perked her ears and trotted happily over to the two foxes, Sarnai and Elias both embracing her as they shared a moment like Alice had done with Gloria.

Jeremy met my eyes. "Ryder saved us long ago, we'll repay that debt, rest assured my lady, even if it costs-"

"Enough of that. No one is dying this day, Jeremy. I'd not send any of you in had I even the faintest doubt you'd handle things single-handedly, let alone as a team. Do you understand?" I cocked a brow and the mouse gave me an understanding nod.

"Lorelai, my lady, my friend..." Val came to me, placing a hand on my shoulder as everything simply ceased to be.

I stood in the same outfit I had on back in the Faemarch, heavy durable flak jeans and ballistic jacket, my hands covered in fingerless gloves as one still rested on the hilt of the divine blade at my side. However, now I found myself in my own bedroom.

"You wished to speak personally, my brother?" I cocked a brow as the Incubus stood there before me, his own outfit the same as in reality, again durable heavy pants and jacket, yet somehow he still made it look like it belonged on the cover of a fashion magazine.

"Are you confident I and Elias can pull this off?" He folded his arms and tilted his head.

"I'd not ask you to do it if I wasn't. Alice wouldn't have asked you either."

"I've spoken with my brother... my lover... at length about this. He seems fully confident, said he owed Ryder this much after what he'd done to him and his life."

"Val... my brother. I've never said this, but thank you... truly. In those darkest days, you were always the light of reason. When I had to arrange the pieces so Sarnai and Alice wouldn't kill one another, you were there. When I was crushed over Ryder and Diana, you were there."

"And I will be here in the future, my lady. I simply wished to be selfish and have a few moments to speak with you alone."

"You are selfish, like another dream-hopping family member I know, but I'd not have it any other way. Let us return to the task at hand, so we can all finally enjoy some true peace for once." He gave me a nod and the dream washed away. I was standing there with one hand resting on his as he loomed over me gripping my shoulder, only a few moments having passed.

It took nearly another hour to prepare things before all was in order. I stood before Triallia and Alice while the two embraced.

"Now, you remember what I told you, my love," Triallia growled the words, pushing her snout under Alice's chin, the rabbit giggling at the display as she was rubbed against and marked with the foxes scent.

"Yes, yes, Trilly! For the hundredth time, I remember!" She cooed and pushed a hand under the Ninetails' muzzle, scratching her chin as Triallia gave little growls of approval, that mass of tails wagging in all directions.

It was interesting to watch. Less than a season ago, Triallia was ready to rampage across the mundane world, and would have slaughtered Alice in cold blood along with the rest of us. Yet here she was, working closely with us, and being so openly affectionate to the rabbit, even before all of her subordinates. Alice really did have a way with things, that's for sure.

The Ninetails cut her green eyes to mine, showing her sharp teeth as she calmly pulled from Alice and sauntered over to me, that look of hunger showing on her muzzle, a purposeful sway in her hips. "Well... Avenger... are you ready to earn your namesake?"

My fist clenched around the divine blade as I gave a nod. "I didn't ask for the stupid title, but I'll make good on it, yes."

Triallia narrowed her eyes as she gave a nod. "No reversing course now." The fox spun on her bared footpaw and stalked over to the trio of spirits nearby. "You know how this goes, if you wish to earn back any of your power I've claimed, show your fealty now!" She barked out the declaration as I saw her pull out a small dagger.

The trio drew their own blades as I watched Alice walk over to them. I looked over my shoulder, Ezekiel, Toroah, and Rachel at the ready. Sarnai and Elias stood not far off with Val. I then gave a look to Katrina, Alex, and the twins, giving their own group a nod.

"Now!" Trialla roared out the order as she plunged the dagger straight into her paw, blood erupting from the deep wound as she wrenched the blade free. The Great Spirit then proceeded to quickly outline a path around Alice, blood pouring from her wound, spilling upon the wildflowers below.

The three remaining Ninetails took up points around the runic outline of Triallia's blood as if points on a compass. The others drove blades into their paws and kneeled, all four spirits pushing bloody paws to the circle.

Triallia's eyes blazed like a green fire as she howled out in some forgotten tongue, her words coming out as clicks and barks before an overwhelming rush of power spread forth. Her tails fanned out, each one ablaze with green fire, flames literally pouring from her maw as she shouted out to me. "Remember my words, Lorelai Tahmineh, now go!"

The gate burst into life, Alice nowhere to be seen. Nearly two hundred years I'd waited for this moment, this was it. I would take back what was mine and see a great injustice undone. I drew my wakizashi and Ryders own blade, baring my teeth as I sprang into the gate that led to the deepest levels of hell.

—♥—

Alice Blackpaw:

The reincarnation of the Paladin Alicia. She is known as a Chimera, an amalgamation of various genetic bloodlines from demon, to angel. Alice can siphon lifeforce from another as a succubus would do, but she also draws forth the very essence of their powers. This is more scientific then one would believe, happening on a molecular level. The Chimeric blood absorbs the DNA signatures of the being, rewriting them into her own code to grant her the power of the being.

This means learned skills such as martial prowess or magic, cannot be obtained this way, but innate abilities can. This is how she came to possess the various foxfire powers along with Thamaturgy. The power is a two-way street though and she can also share her newfound abilities with another she is in contact with, even bolstering the original powers of those she took them from if she wills it.

Being a succubus at her core, sex is the most potent moment for this transfer or sharing of ones essence, and Alice likes to have sex often. Being as such, her closest loved ones also share the most potent of her cycling of her powers. The power is not choosy and she can share it with any, even mundane...

—♥—

My vision was already soaked in red as I exited the gate, everything seemed to move in slow motion in that instant. Alice thrusting the blade of her halbert forward, flaming wings at her back. Kalinae's eyes were wide but her body was already reacting from the sneak attack in a leap from her throne.

"What in-" The feline demon only got that much out before I was atop her, drawing both swords forward in a mighty sweep. Her staff came down to parry the blades in a brutal blow that sent her off her feet flying into the air of her throne room.

Ezekiel was already in the air, driving both his fists down atop her body, slamming her to the floor of the throne room. The cat yowled out from the impact, barely having time to rise before radiant spears of divine light slammed into her body, followed by a massive spear of hellfire. Sarnai and Toroah were already there with weapons drawn.

"Go!" I screamed out to Val and Elias the moment their feet hit the ground. The white fox and goat blurred from sight as the massive double doors of the throne room slammed open, several armed demons poured in just in time for glittering shards of blood steel to pepper into their ranks before exploding in a mixture of hellfire and radiance.

Alex howled in fury as he tore one sentry right in half with a mighty swing of his paw, flames drifting off his form as my mice began dancing through the ranks, bodies falling in their wake as Katrina prepared more blood magic.

"I'll kill you!" Rachel screamed out as her longsword slammed into the staff of the gatekeeper, Kalinae hissing out as she tried to process everything, dodging another blow from the enraged angel just in time for Alice to slash into her back from behind, cleaving one of her leathery wings straight off.

"Pay back time, you bitch!" The Paladin sneered the words as I moved to her side.

"I knew it! My little trophy has come home!" The cat gave her a wild-eyed grin as she blurred from sight, Alice also blinked out of vision as halbert met staff, both of them standing off.

"I killed you when you were a tiger, you think a fragile bunny is-" Alice lunged forward, headbutting her in the muzzle as she mewled out before she swept under her feet, Kalinae hitting the ground and giving a screaming yowl as the divine halbert drove straight down into her belly.

Her eyes hardened as she faded from sight in a burst of flames, reforming several yards from our group. "I rather like my new body, thank you very much! More fun in bed, easier to get thrown around!" Alice showed her teeth in a crooked grin as the demon narrowed her gaze upon her.

"Enoug-" A blast of hellfire slammed into her again, sending her sprawling as Ezekiel lept forward with a mighty kick that sent her tumbling into the nearby wall right under my fox. I looked up, seeing Elias and Val already at work, massive chains illuminated around the bound Paladin.

Kalinae also saw what was happening, her jaw slacking as she finally realized what was going on. "N-No! He is mine!" She blurred into the air as Toroah and Rachel met her, swords drawn. The greater demon yowled as she took a myriad of blows from the divine blood-steel armaments before having to once again fall back. She appeared several yards away looking upon the scene with a scowl, not realizing I had already beat her to her next escape route.

She realized a moment too late I was behind her, right as I ran her through with the wakizashi, just leaving it in her back as I deftly drew my other blade. She turned on me as I brought a booted foot down on her knee, hearing the vicious break as my teeth showed. I could hear the melee behind me, the others fighting off reinforcements as I raked my blades across her chest, easily tearing through the armor she wore.

"W-who! H- how!?" She stammered out as I simply ran her through with my other blade, using my freed hand to grab the cat by her hair, wrenching her forward as my teeth flashed and plunged into her throat.

Kalinae gave an unearthly scream as I took several mouthfuls down from her before she managed to wriggle free and burst out of sight in more flames. She appeared at the wall of the throne room, her eyes wide in shock as I simply collected my blades that had fallen from her body.

That's the thing about truly powerful ancient beings, when they're no longer clearly the superior entity they tend to crack rather easily. It was clear the weaponry was doing its job. Ryder mentioned how she didn't seem too phased from the original weapons, but she was clearly taking serious wounds, even her wing still gone.

"Y-You think you can just waltz in here and-" Another lance of hellfire right in her jaw sent her slamming up against the wall, chips of stone flecking away from the impact.

"Shut up! I'll not suffer through your pitiful mewling!" Sarnai screamed the words, saber drawn as she pointed it upon the demon.

"Almost done, sister!" Val broke from the dream state to call out to me as I gave a wide grin at the words.

Kalinae's eyes burned with flame as she swung her staff outwards. "I'll not let you have your way! Ngh!" She yowled out, wide-eyed as a massive burst of radiance flooded the room, Ezekiel, Toroah, and Rachel all drawing forth their divine light. I took the moment to close on her after Sarnai sent another lance of fire into her side.

Alice had her teeth bared as she finished the job she started, blurring behind Kalinae to take her other wing off before I saw the bloody tip of her halbert burst through the cat's chest. The Paladin hissed with disgust before jerking the blade free and kicking her forward where I was waiting.

I planted a boot into her stomach and drove the demon to the floor, seeing a massive set of wings fan out of the corner of my eye as the chains shattered. He was at my side again for the first time in nearly two centuries. Val and Elias were before me a heartbeat later. Ryder narrowed his eyes, opening his palm towards me. "Give me my sword."

I dug the heel of my boot into her chest, hissing as I tugged the scabbard free and passed it to my angel-fox, my own blade at Kalinae's throat. "Ha! Going to put me down yourself, my pet?! I'm proud of you for sticking to your word!" The greater demon showed a bloody grin as I shoved the point of my sword to her throat, then lifted my ears as he drew the divine blade. Its power felt magnified a thousandfold in his own grasp than it had in mine.

"Ryder... don't do this..." Alice spoke out gently towards him as the divine blade pointed towards Kalinae's chest.

"Come ooooon, don't you want payback, my Paladin?! Think of everything I've cost you, think of all the years you've lost, all the people you could have saaaaved..." She showed her teeth in a knowing smirk. "Think of the wolf I cost you."

His eyes widened at that, his teeth showing as he plunged the blade straight down, a loud thunk filling the air as it drove into the floor inches from Kalinae's throat. His blue eyes were now shining golden as he looked to me, and everyone else. His gaze then shifted back to Kalinae as he clasped his rosary and pulled the blade free.