Blood & Carrots - Memoirs Ep. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

—♥—

His stirring pulled me from my sleep as he hugged closer to me. I gave a little purr into his ears as he finally regained his bearings, his head laying upon my breasts. After a few more moments he spoke out in a whisper, "So... uh... I guess that happened."

"It sure did... are you remorseful, Sam?" My hands moved to lazily rub his large brown ears, admiring the small scars dotting them, his left most one missing a small chunk of flesh along the inner cusp. He really was battle-hardened to be sure.

"I'm not, so long as uh..." He cleared his throat and sat up slowly, frowning down at me. "Will this cause you and Alice problems? Or uh... will your lord or lady wish to rip me apart?"

I showed my teeth in a grin and couldn't help but laugh at the words. "Oh my! You think Alice will care?" With an appreciative sigh, I moved my hand up to cup his cheek, my thumb rubbing over the scar near his one blinded eye. "You really are a treasure... You could likely lay with every member of this house and Alice would simply be proud of the fact you were doing so. As to Elias and Sarnai, you are perfectly safe, there will be no repercussions from them either."

"You think so? If I'm truthful, her and you are the only ones I've felt any pull towards." He brought his own hand to my cheek, returning the gesture as I gave him another grin and purred.

"Perhaps you just enjoy the short ones, eh? My love, Sarnai is elegant and beautiful, while Gloria is lively as well as a fierce lover in bed. Why, as a warrior, I think you and they would treat quite well together, Sam."

"I would like to meet and get to know all of your family, Katrina, but... Well, I feel you and Alice are quite enough for me." He offered me a small smile, his one good eye looking gentle.

"You assume you and I are a thing now, Samuel? Perhaps I simply sought you to scratch an itch." I purred with a smug grin, resting my free hand upon my chest.

The brown-eared rabbit nodded and I saw his gaze harden slightly. "Of course, Katrina. I can respect that if-"

"Shut up..." I giggled and pushed a hand to his lips as he blinked in surprise. My teeth showed again as my finger trailed down his throat. "I like you... so long as you don't get jealous of what I already have, wanna be my little bunny-boyfriend?"

Samuel swallowed hard and nodded a few times, his fluff of brown tail flicking excitedly as I purred and cupped his face. "Alright, looks like you've got two vampire girlfriends now, Sam... but I do have one stipulation if you're going to be my bunny."

"What's that, Katrina?" He tilted his head, then gave a gasp as I grabbed his shirt and wrenched him down to my face, both of us nose to nose.

"Don't you fucking dare use that time dilation spell ever again! Short of it being a live-or-die situation, you don't even consider it, are we clear?!" I hissed the words at him, my eyes red with little flickers of hellfire drifting from the corners of them.

He bit his lower lip, seeing the fury in them before he nodded a few times. "O-Okay... you've my word, only under the direst of circumstances!"

"That's my bunny... good boy," I hissed out and patted his cheek a few times before pulling him down, hugging him to my chest possessively.

Settling against me, I felt his head gently rest against my breast once more as I lazily stroked his ears and hair. We stayed like that for a few minutes before he spoke out once more, "I do have a very dangerous job though."

"Then you call upon me, I will help you with your work. Hunters are a threat to all of my friends and family, I'll happily aid my rabbit."

He blinked and nodded against my chest. "Okay... my Countess. I shall call upon you in the future if I have duties to attend."

I giggled and purred at that. "Oh... that's rather cute actually. Perhaps I'll let you keep using my title like that, I find it quite pleasing to hear it when you say I am your Countess."

Samuel blushed and shook his head while hugging closer to me, his tail flicking about rapidly as I grinned and rubbed his ears. "You're a tough bunny, but like Alice, you're rather cute and cuddly in the afterglow, I like it... I like you."

He leaned up and placed a kiss upon my lips before smiling at me. "I like you as well, my Countess."

—♥—

I would get my chance to make good on that offer and he'd get that dire circumstance nearly a week later. Samuel and myself had been growing closer quickly, even finding ourselves in bed with Alice, because naturally, that would be the next step.

Elias was not happy when I came to his office, and neither was Sarnai. Both of my family leaders looked furious. My ears lifted with a frown showing on my face. "My lord and lady. What has you both so troubled?"

Sarnai growled as she looked me in the eyes. "We just received word from Heather, the Marquess of Bay City. It would appear, that the Shepherds culled one of her fledgling members, they'd not even made it to their evaluation yet."

"What?! They were but a child amongst us at that point!" I hissed out and clenched my fists.

Elias snarled as he met my eyes. "We've no idea where their main headquarters is, but you are our trouble specialist in these sorts of matters, Katrina. I want you to-" My ears perked as my phone started ringing.

"Beg your pardon my lord..." I hissed out and grabbed it, then perked my ears, seeing it was Samuel's number. "Uh... it's Sam."

"Take it, I'll wait." Elias nodded.

I connected the call before answering, "Sam, what's up? Yes. Well, yes I have- Yes, I'm with them now. Okay, uh... let me ask."

My gaze shifted to my two foxes. "He wishes to... attend the meeting?"

"Let the little magic knight join, I do not care," Sarnai barked out and folded her arms.

"Yes, you have clearance to- Okay sure." I sighed and took several paces to the side as a gate snapped right into existence.

I saw another Shield member holding the gate as Samuel strode through it, putting his cellphone away before waving to the other as they closed the gate. The rabbit was already in full combat gear, ballistics vests, heavy cargo pants, and jacket, with his sword on. He made a formal bow before speaking out, "Thank you for the audience Marquess and Marquis Blackpaw."

"Of course, Samuel. You are a welcomed guest in our home. However, you'll excuse me if we are not in the most hospitable of moods." Sarnai clicked her tongue as her head lifted.

"I have already been made aware of the situation, please accept my condolences for the loss of your sibling, and know my visit is related to it." He bowed his head again while placing a hand on the rosary he wore, a gesture I'd seen Gloria make several times.

"How were you aware of things so quickly, Samuel?" Elias perked his white ears curiously.

The rabbit sighed and folded his arms. "I pray you'll forgive me for taking a personal moment in this meeting, but your sibling did not fall alone. Though we are many, very few do I call friend within my organization. That being said... We had a member fall with your sibling in their defense, one of the few I called brother. I'd known him since joining Sacred Shield, and so..."

"So it's personal for you," I spoke out knowingly.

"Rightly so, my Countess." Samuel gave me a nod, not bothering to hide the title as both foxes lifted their ears at it. They knew I had gotten more serious with him, but never heard him address me in such a way.

"We were about to task Katrina with finding the location of these hunters' main base of operations. I've had enough of their meddling and I want the lot of them removed from the cycle of life." Sarnai snapped the words with a growl in her voice.

"The shepherds do not have a headquarters as it were, but they do have a main military convoy that can mobilize rather quickly as the need arises. Also, I beg your pardon, but why Katrina specifically?" Samuel quirked a brow.

"Katrina is our troubleshooter as it were, Samuel. She specializes in integrating into mundane society, going to ground, and dealing with problems quietly."

"He's nicely saying I'm the family hitman, Sam. Me and Alex usually are the ones to deal with things like rogue vampires, wild mages, insane lycanthropes, and everything in between." I gave the rabbit a quick nod.

"I request to join you, my Countess. This is a personal matter and I can direct you towards their main location of current operations." Samuel fixed me with a hard look as he laid a hand over the hilt of his shortsword, not unlike in a way I would see Lorelai do with her own weapons.

"Uh..." I glanced back at my foxes for confirmation.

Sarnai clicked her tongue. "It is just as well. I have already tasked Alex with tracking down a rogue lycanthrope but my need to see these fools put in the dirt leaves me impatient. Find them, and if their numbers are too great, return here, so that I and my husband may join you as we wipe them from this plane of existence."

Samuel gave her a nod. "By your will, Lady Blackpaw. I will happily accomp-"

"Now just a minute here, Sam is still a mundane! The stakes are higher for him than any of us!" I hissed out and clenched my fists, feeling a bit of worry well up in the pit of my stomach over him coming along.

"Katrina, Samuel is a warrior who has trained extensively for this sort of task. He also has a stake in this since he has lost something precious. I've not spoken with you at too much length, Knight Samuel, but I assume you the type to deal with this yourself with or without our intervention." Elias set him with a curious look.

Samuel gave Elias another bow. "You are correct, Lord Blackpaw. One way or another I shall be going and meting out some retribution."

"Then it works out. Go deal with this problem with Sam, Katrina, but if it looks too well-fortified return and we will assist." Sarnai spoke the words matter-of-fact in that council voice of hers, saying this wasn't up for discussion.

"Ah... as you wish, my lady." I gave her a respectful bow before looking over at Samuel and turning to leave the chambers. He followed me out as I walked through the house until I was sure we were clear of my foxes office.

"Sam... I do not like this." I hissed out and looked over my shoulder at him while we walked.

"I am keenly aware from your body language, my Countess. I apologize, but this is a personal matter for me as well. I'd be going regardless." He spoke back in a matter-of-fact voice.

I frowned but felt a little relief knowing I'd at least be able to watch his back, keep him safe so he didn't use- My ears perked as I hissed out, "Sam, you had best not use-"

"I won't unless it's dire, Katrina, you know I gave my word." He spoke out smoothly as we stopped and I turned to face him.

My hands found his own as I looked into his one good eye, frowning as we stood there looking upon one another. I'd only known him about a month, yet I let him have my body and found myself so very protective of him. HIs gaze softened before he moved in and pushed his lips to my own.

A heavy rumble of a purr filled my throat as I returned the kiss, moving a hand to slide along his cheek, then tangle into his brown-blonde hair, rubbing one of his ears while our tongues slowly rolled against one another.

His own hand moved into my crimson locks and I felt him jerk my head away slightly, a soft mew escaping my throat as he guided my face right to the crook of his neck, baring his throat for me. I didn't think and wrapped my arms tightly around my bunny, fangs plunging right into his flesh.

He didn't even flinch and just lazily stroked my ears as I very gently supped from him, not a ravenous thing, just a few slow sips, as if savoring my lover's essence. I didn't want to take too much from him and leave him winded, so I took it down slowly and then lapped my tongue to heal him, a deep eager purr filling my throat as we held one another.

"You spoil me..." I whispered into his ear as we held one another, my tail lazily whipping about.

"Anything for my Countess..." He whispered into my dark ear, kissing the tip of it before pulling from me, his gaze growing more focused.

My own hardened as our moment passed, reinforcing our bond before we got to the business at hand. I was already dressed for this as was he, so I shifted my hands to his hips and tilted my head. "I assume you have fellows that will have gates ready for us?"

"Yes, I need to simply call and we will have a gate ready for our departure. Once at the circle they can create one that will put us in the proximity of their encampment."

"Proximity?" I quirked a brow.

"Yes, it's an unused gate and we don't have the exact details of their compound. It will get us in the ballpark, but I'm sure you will easily sense their life forces once we're there," He spoke as he withdrew his phone, sending a text message.

I watched a gate snap open before us as we both stepped through. I found myself in an unfamiliar circle as I glanced around, seeing a few members flitting about the mage that held the gate dressed in similar combat attire to Samuel's. He was equine judging by his tail and ears, easily having a head and half in height compared to us, since we were around the same height.

"Welcome back, broth... er?" The other mage tilted his head, then gave a nod to me as he realized Samuel had brought company along.

Samuel sighed as he rolled his shoulder. "This is Countess Katrina of house Blackpaw. The Bloodstone court has issued a declaration of war against the Crimson Shepherds and we are to assess their capabilities. We tried giving them their chance to quit this fool's game, now only the gods can help them, though from what I've been told recently, I'd not count on divine intervention for them."

The equine mage cocked a brow as his tail flicked. "Wait- Are you saying the Bloodstone council at large, charged us with this task?"

"No, we as in, I and Katrina. They have lost family and I have lost not just a brother, but a friend. I'll do this on a personal level, even without backup." Samuel clenched his fist as he snarled the words, his brown ears perked straight up, and his tail fluffed out as well. If I'm being truthful, it was rather cute to me to see him like that.

"I'm sure our superiors would offer backup but it could take a day or lo-"

"We know they prefer to move the convoy after a successful hunt, we don't have a day." Samuel sighed out as he folded his arms.

"Knight Samuel is correct and my family seeks their blood now. Sir mage, if you would kindly open a gate, I and he will suffice to route these murderers. Simply hold the portal and await out return." I drew my revolvers and clicked my tongue, trying to use my best council voice.

"I'm in no place to argue with a Countess of the Bloodstone courts, are you prepared?" He looked upon both of us.

I looked back and cocked a brow as I saw Samuel's one eye was now green and looked aflame. He gave me a nod as he drew his shortsword. "It's a night vision spell. I'm ready when you are, my Countess."

"Alright, we'll hit the ground, reconnoiter, then make out plans from there. Go ahead, sir mage." I readied my own guns as the equine threw open a gate that looked like it led to small clearing in a field. I gave Samuel a nod before we both leaped in.

I expect a lot of things when jumping into enemy territory, I'd dealt with Shepherds before after all. Still, I didn't think I'd leap into the path of nearly fifty fully armed soldiers with guns at the ready and firing on the very first thing to come out of that gate.

Now, I've stood my ground against nature goddesses and demon lords. I'm not shy to think I'm one of the more powerful beings on this planet, but that's a lot of bullets, blessed or not, and taking that many would certainly kill me or easily maim me to the point of incapacitation. Even supernatural vampire senses and speed only get you so far in points like this, it's still a wall of bullets flying toward you.

So, a wall of blessed silver flying at me, no open wounds for blood magic, and I was even flatfooted. In those microseconds, I thought hitting the dirt might be my only option and hope the majority flew over me but then I felt that sudden energy you would feel when you knew a mage was casting a powerful spell. Of course, my mind turned to the rabbit that had jumped in with me.

Everything just blinked out of existence and suddenly I was standing several yards off to the side, the hail of gunfire still raining towards that gate. Samuel had a snarl on his face as he blurred out of sight. I thought this might have been how mundane felt seeing us use our full speed before them, only this time it was my little bunny boyfriend doing it.

Of course, I was worried about him, but there was nothing to be done about it now. I simply focused on what I could do in the moment as I brought my fingers forth, slashing them open with my own fangs before willing blood blades to start forming all around me.

Samuel wasn't even trying to spare them, blurring through their ranks, geysers of blood spraying forth and bodies dropping in the carnage. My own blood shards were washed over in flame as several dozen that weren't panicking, turned guns on me, but it was already too late. I set the shards flying towards them faster than bullets as they embedded into their bodies and exploded, just adding to the carnage the rabbit was creating.

We had the whole lot of them dispatched in just a matter of seconds before he blurred back into view before me, covered in blood and heaving, his free hand grabbing his chest as he winced.

"Sam!" I cried out toward him before both our ears lifted as a searchlight hit us. The gate had literally dropped us out next to their entire compound which probably had a few hundred members. Several high-powered rifles were fired from watchtowers as Samuel snarled and blurred out of sight as I felt him invoke his time dilation once more.

I cursed the situation as I blurred out of sight of the gunfire. There was no helping it now, we were separated and I'd just have to do what I could while he did his own thing. I did have the advantage of being able to sense lifeforce as any of my kind could with focus, so there was no hiding from me. I could also catch glimpses of Samuel's lifeforce while he darted all over the compound, it was getting weaker with each passing second.

The whole thing still took a few minutes to bring down. This wasn't just a camp, it was their main compound of operations. I didn't want it to go down like this, I wanted to just scout the area, I'd have never tried to take this on with just me and Samuel and certainly not with him burning through his life force like he was. They must have had their own mage feeling the gate energy or watching the leylines.

I found Samuel as soon as I sensed his energy. The rabbit was drenched in blood, his shortsword on the ground as he braced one hand against a nearby wall, his other grasping his chest as he heaved, sweat dripping off his ears and hair.

"Sam! Damn it!" I yelled out as I rushed over to him. He just showed me a grin before the green left his eye and he crumpled. I screamed his name and was on him before he hit the ground, holding him against me as I sank to my knees.

"Ngh... not so bad... got to... protect, my Count-... ess..." His bloody hand pushed against my cheek as my red eyes shuddered in their sockets, feeling my vision blur. I'd only had him for a few weeks and I was already losing my rabbit.

"Samuel! It's... It's going to be okay! Just calm your breathing, let your heart calm down!" I hissed the words into his ears as his bloody thumb brushed away some of my tears.

"Sorry, Kat... I love both of-" He shuddered in my arms with a gasp, his eye rolling upwards as I screamed out his name again as his heart gave out.