Blood & Carrots - Silverpaw Ep. 09

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I felt irritation well up in me at the thought of him having someone other than me, but I quickly doused the anger and tried to keep the conversation civil. I could tell she was trying to do the same. "Ah... some things never change."

"Any interesting stories to share?" She asked me with an eager grin.

I shrugged and played along with the girl's talk. "We did it upon the deck of a ship, we've also laid together in the midst of a battlefield, surrounded by the beings we had slain together."

Alice frowned at the last one and blinked a few times. "Damn... that's pretty... hardcore."

I showed her a hungry but prideful grin. "Yes... I suppose I bring that out in him."

She cleared her throat and nodded. "All the same. I need your word on this, it is important and for reasons, I do not expect you to understand."

With a snort and a flick of my tail I nodded. "I had no intention of trying to begin with, I do not wish to disrupt his life further than I must. Upon what power I still have, you have my word I will not lay with him."

"Until I get back." Alice lifted a finger.

"I didn't say I would lay with him at all, now did I?" I growled the words and folded my arms.

"Good enough..." She sighed and flicked her small tail as she turned from me. "You should get some rest, Sarnai... try not to let the dreams get to you..." She gave me a concerned look and left me there in the foyer alone.

I felt keenly aware of my own solitude as I stood there in the silence of the old manor, the sun already starting to crack over the horizon outside. I shook my head before I made my way to my room, collapsing into the small bed and finding my sleep and the waiting nightmares. The scene had changed but it was still the same as it had been for half a century. I would have my dreams and none would be there to comfort me when I woke from them in a panic.

#

A week had passed since that fateful night and my life slowly started to normalize slightly. Elias spent most of the nights with me, talking and walking with me in the gardens. We had gotten affectionate but it seemed he had also given his word to not lay with me. I questioned if this was just another ordeal the rabbit was putting me through to test my resolve to behave.

The other members of the house all treated me kindly, except for Katrina. It was obvious she did not trust me and though she was civil, I could see she didn't take too kindly to me being there. I couldn't blame her in the least. Now that the fog had cleared slightly in my mind, I could see how terrible I had been.

The fog had lifted some, but it was still there. The dreams came to me every night as they had been. I woke up alone and in tears, fearful of when I would go over the edge again. I knew it was only a matter of time before it happened but I tried to take solace in the peace I had for now. I tried to embrace the time I had with my husband again, even if it was an odd situation for me.

"You have my apologies, I was longer than I expected. I'm still getting used to this whole Marquess thing, you know." Alice spoke to me from across the desk while I sat in one of the chairs before it.

"It is a challenging role to fill, I had trouble when I was first given it as well, even though I had Elias to help me." I folded my hands in my lap, giving her a sympathetic look. I could only imagine how difficult the role would be for someone of her age.

"You two ran your house together, Sarnai?" Alice tilted her head curiously as she questioned me.

My ears lifted and she saw the obvious shock on my face. "Did my husband not mention that?"

Alice shook her head, her large white ears swaying. "He didn't talk about you more than he had to. I did not press because... Well, I could see the pain it caused him to speak of you."

I clenched my teeth and looked down, feeling the guilt and fury with myself come forth once again. "I see... " With a shake of my head, I composed myself and gave the rabbit a nod. "He and I ran Silverpaw together after Lorelai stepped down."

"Lorelai was the head of your house?" Alice looked upon me curiously, tilting her head.

My eyes widened at the look she gave me, the fondness in her eyes as the name was spoken. I had thought I imagined it, but I did ever so faintly smell the sheep upon her. I ignored the question and spoke out before even thinking. "Alice, what is your relationship to Lorelai?"

She gave me a challenging look as if she knew my train of thoughts before she spoke out pointedly. "She is my lover."

I pushed my palm to my face, my teeth showing in anger. I didn't even try to hide the rage that came from those words. "My husband... my brother... our sister and even my lady..."

"And the celestial, the wolf, and a few more. I'm a succubus Sarnai, what do you want from me?" Alice folded her arms and gave me a frown.

"So they are just convenient means to draw energy from?" I growled the words, setting her with a hard glare.

"One as old as you... I would think less ignorant." The rabbit showed her own teeth, pushing her palms to the desk as she looked directly into my eyes. "I love each and every one of them. Do not assume I use them... Yes, I love Lorelai and she loves me. Do you think I did not feel your emotions for her when we embraced? Did you think I did not feel that you thought of her as well as Elias when you thought your final moments were at hand?"

I gave the rabbit a furious glare, feeling like she had dug into something she had no business seeing. I stood and slammed my hand onto her desk, my tail fluffed out as I barked down into her face. "You had no right to dig into my feelings and see what I felt for her!"

"You had no right to try to murder my master and my loved ones! You want to split hairs on this, bitch?!" Alice spat the words out, both our eyes red now as we glared upon one another.

A knock came from the door and I and the rabbit both in unison turned to the door and yelled out, "What?!"

The door opened to Elias standing there, his arms folding as he looked upon the two of us. "I can hear you two from down the hall. Do you plan to try to kill one another again?"

"Do not be absurd. I have given my word to mind myself while here." I showed my teeth to him, whipping my tail about in irritation.

"A simple disagreement, Master. We are not going to come to violence." Alice spoke out to the fox and gave him a nod.

My husband stood there for a long moment staring upon the two of us, his head shaking gently. "Understand, it grieves me to see the two of you at one another's throat. I love both of you dearly. Please keep that in consideration... I know I am a selfish fox to say such a thing, but please try to not hate one another."

I watched my husband close the door as he exited, then shifted my gaze back to the rabbit. She stared upon me for a long moment as well, both of us locked in an awkward battle of silence.

"I apologize..." She broke the silence first, her arms folding over her stomach as her stance relaxed slightly.

I placed my hands upon my hips and looked away while frowning. "I am sorry as well. I had no right to lash out at you."

"You did. Know that in the heat of that moment, I did not dig into your feelings to try to use them as a weapon. The act was new to me and I was not sure what to expect. Digging up your feelings for Lorelai was just something that came with it." Alice stepped from the desk as she spoke and moved around to stand next to me.

I frowned and shook my head. "This is all so jarring... I know it was my choice to not pursue things with her but-"

"Understand something, Sarnai." She cut me off and gently put a hand to my arm, gripping it. "I already know what you're thinking. I do not deserve any of them..."

"I did not say or think that, Alice." I frowned at her, feeling a slight tingling at my skin from her touch. It reminded me of what Elias had done only more direct and powerful.

The smaller rabbit looked away as she held my arm, her ears folding. "All the same... We can sort out our drama after the business is done." I felt her hand release my arm, feeling a wellspring of energy inside me, and my thoughts clear once more.

I rubbed at my arm where she had gripped it, then set her with a dutiful look. "What are your orders, my Marquess?"

"Sleep with me," Alice spoke the words nonchalantly as she moved back to the other side of the desk.

"E-excuse you?!" I barked out, heat filling my voice once more.

She gave me a coy grin and folded her ears. "Did I stutter? I wish you to sleep with me today."

I huffed out and put my hand to my chest, glaring upon the rabbit. "E-Even with my word and saying I am yours to command... is this not taking things too far?"

The rabbit showed me an amused smile and shook her head. "I do not mean to have sex or feed upon you. I simply wish to share a bed with you today."

With a growl and blush, I folded my ears. I won't lie, the thought sounded enjoyable despite the pretense it had been presented under. "May I ask why?"

"Because it is necessary. Rest assured my intentions are not of a sexual or controlling nature." Alice hummed the words and drummed her fingertips upon the desk. "Shall I come to your room?"

Another huff escaped my throat as I shook my head. I wasn't sure what this rabbit was on about but this was a ridiculous request to make of me. "I... I do not know what game you play with me, Alice... but as you wish. My chamber will be fine, your bed would be a bit crowded I would imagine."

"Yes, yes I suppose it would. It's a large bed, but four people may be crowding it." She hummed the words playfully and gave me a gentle smile. "Rest assured I have no seedy intentions, sister."

I bowed politely. "As you wish, my Marquess. I shall trust in your words as you have trusted in mine."

#

Alice entered my chamber in a simple little black nightgown. I recalled it was the same one I saw her in the night we clashed. My eyes couldn't help but look her over, the dark silk hugged her natural curvy figure in all the right ways. The rabbit shifted to close the door of the chamber, giving me a look at her backside. Her small fluff of white tail perked up, showing the firm but round curves of her rear.

The succubus gave me a small smile and folded her arms over her stomach, letting her chest push out slightly. "Have you sufficiently profiled me, or would you like another position?"

I barked at her words and jerked my gaze away awkwardly. The rabbit started to look me over in my own nightwear. The gown I wore was not as clingy as hers but I could keenly feel her staring upon my form, admiring the curves and definition of my own body.

I folded my arms, letting my own chest push out as I set her with an annoyed look. "I thought this was not a sexual thing? Why are we staring upon one another so?"

The rabbit gave me a playful grin and casually hopped onto my bed. "I apologize, you just have a nice body. You're sleek but defined, yet you still have a lovely ass and bigger tits than me." Alice hummed the crude words casually as she kicked her feet lazily off the side of the mattress.

"T-thanks... you also have a lovely body... It kind of reminds me of Lorelai's only not quite as curvy." I spoke the words awkwardly and took a seat on the side of the bed next to her.

"I'm thinking you have a thing for short girls, Sarnai." Alice hummed the words at me playfully, showing me her sharp teeth in a grin.

"I'm thinking you're too cocky for your own good, rabbit!" I barked the words with a huff, my cheeks growing darker.

"I've been accused of that, yes..." She spoke the words playfully and shifted her gaze to mine with a challenging grin.

Blinking at her I grumbled and looked down. "So what now?"

"Now we sleep," Alice spoke the words as she climbed over to me. I grunted out in protest as she pushed against me and we both tumbled down into the bedsheets.

"You say to sleep as if it would be a simple matter like this! My mind whirls like a hurricane over this!" I huffed the words, my voice probably sounding as nervous and fussed as I felt.

"Hum... it's very simple." The rabbit pushed her palm to my face, her own extremely close to mine now. Her soft-looking lips just inches from my own. I could feel her energy coursing through me now, trying to will me to give in to her. Her smaller body pressed to mine while I lay on my back, her breasts against my own, and her leg draped across mine.

"A-Alice... what are you doing?" I barked the words, feeling my heart start to beat, her scent intoxicating and her touch making me feel euphoric.

"Now now my fox... you said you were mine and you wouldn't resist... give in to me..." She whispered the words and I clenched my teeth, blinking into her crimson eyes before giving a slight nod to her words.

I felt her will overwhelm me, darkness filling my vision and mind. The last thing I recall was her body pushed to mine as I collapsed into a deep heavy slumber.

#

Darkness and the scent of death. Even through the soiled furs and clothes, I could usually smell it, but it seemed absent this time. I growled to myself as I prepared to play my part again and slowly climbed from the debris. I stood in the yurt and felt odd. I felt taller and bigger than I usually did. I looked down over myself and found I was not the small teenager I had always been. I was grown in my current adult form, my ceremonial leather armor on me, saber and revolver at my side.

I pushed my hand to my head trying to comprehend what was happening. Revolvers didn't even exist when this happened and a saber of this quality wouldn't have been possible to forge.

"Don't think too hard upon it." Her voice came to me and I snapped my eyes open to see Alice standing there before me. She wore a more modern ballistic jacket and jeans. She had two revolvers at her back as well as her rolled up whip to her side. Her feet were covered in heavy modern-looking combat boots and she wore fingerless black gloves.

"What... is going on, Alice?" I growled the words, looking around the small yurt that was devoid of bodies or the scent of death.

She set me with a hard glare. "I've counseled with the archangels and the mages about you. All of us put our heads together and finally came up with a theory, something only a chimera could potentially do."

"The archangels and the magi... why would they be involved?" I folded my arms and frowned as I lifted my ears to see the entrance to the yurt part. A female fox casually walked into the small shelter her tail lazily wagging about.

My eyes widened to see her, it was my mother in her normal state, not the drained husk I would happen upon when I woke. She looked very much like myself but with softer features and lighter eyes. I felt something stir in my soul to see her alive and moving around, an overwhelming sense of nostalgia bearing down upon me.

"Remind you of someone?" Alice asked me casually while looking upon the fox as well. The vixen didn't seem to notice we were there and just tended to move about the yurt tidying up.

"Remind me of someone? It's my mother, I see her almost every night, only... well not like this... not so alive." I frowned and felt my eyes growing wet staring upon the long-dead fox, my head shaking slowly. I wanted to hug her, feel her warmth, feel her being alive and well.

"How about now?" Alice waved her hand and the foxes' hair and eyes shifted. Her black hair became platinum-blonde, fur from black to brown, and her eyes a sharp unearthly blue.

"R-Rachel?!" I barked out sharply and took a step back, shaking my head before glaring upon Alice. "What the hell is this?"

"More questions for you to ask the High Bishop, eh?" Alice spoke out casually and moved to grip my wrist. "Come..."

I let her pull me along and we left the yurt, walking out into the bright sunlight of the day. I hissed at the thought of it but quickly remembered this was a dream. I looked around to see the world lit by the light of the sun for the first time in centuries. I had seen it in movies and television, but to witness it first hand like this was breathtaking.

I paced around looking about my small tribe, seeing the colorful yurts and various neighbors going about their business of the day. "It's so real... what is this... what have you done Alice?"

"Something cruel, but necessary." The rabbit spoke the words with sadness in her voice as she waved a hand and the whole scene changed.

My mouth parted in a gasp as the familiar carnage was suddenly before me once more. Drained corpses scattered about, the sun gone and the darkness of night blanketing the area. I shook my head, feeling tears fill my vision before I clenched my teeth and glared upon the rabbit. "Why? Why do this to me?! You wish to dig the blade deeper and salt more of the wound by reminding me of what was?!"

Alice frowned and shook her head, saying nothing to me. I howled in fury and grabbed the rabbit by the collar of her jacket, pulling her to face me as I spat the words into her face. "Answer me, Alice! Why do this to me!"

She brought a palm to my chest and pushed me back with surprising force. I staggered away a few paces, growling and whipping my tail. The chimera placed her hands upon her hips as she spoke out. "You planned to die that night with Elias, did you not? Die to be free of the maddening dreams?"

"I did... yes... I asked Jeremy to cut me down once Elias had fallen before I could slay the rest of you." I growled the words, looking away from her piercing gaze.

"Do not avert your eyes from me, fox!" The rabbit spoke the words with authority and I felt her very will compel me to shift my gaze and stare upon her.

"I can summon forth the demon in your soul, the madness that torments you. However, it is a one-way trip." The rabbit clenched her teeth and opened her palm towards me. "I lose control of the dream once I summon that part of you. You overcome it or you die... we die."

"W-We?!" I snarled and clenched my fists. "And they say I am mad... What of Elias and Katrina... everyone you have made bonds with. You cannot jeopardize yourself and all of their love for my worthless hide!"

"All of them have another to lean upon. I do not cheapen the loss they would feel for me... but each and every one of my lovers has another they can turn to." She spat the words out and I saw her clench her fist, tears flowing from her eyes and rolling down her cheeks as she looked upon me. "However you... It is too sad to bear... Not just for my master, but for me. Knowing what you have gone through these centuries... knowing that it was saving my sheep that drove you to this point... I cannot sit idle and let you slip back into madness!"

"Alice..." I frowned and folded my arms, staring upon the smaller rabbit as she cried for me and what I had done.

"E-Enough..." She huffed out and wiped her eyes before setting me with a strong glare. "One way or another the nightmares will end tonight, Sarnai. Either you overcome them, or we never wake up!"

"You will not back down from this, will you?" I frowned and put my hands upon my hips.

"I will not... I would like to say I do this for Elias, but the truth is... I do this for you Sarnai. My life has been nothing but good fortune and yours nothing but tragedy. I will stand with you and share my power to save you, or we will go down together... as family!" The rabbit set her jaw and gave me a nod.

I gave her a laugh and shook my head. "You're just as mad as me rabbit... very well. I accept your aid, sister."

No sooner had I accepted her terms, then I heard a savage feral snarl in the distance. We both turned to see the hunkered down form of a fox move out of the shadows. It was Elias but he was hunched over, his hair wild and unkempt. He wore not a stitch of clothing and his form was covered in blood, dirt, and filth. His mouth and throat particularly were soaked with the ichor and blood of his feeding. His eyes were burning blood red and occasional wisps of blue flame trailed from his movements.