Blood & Carrots - Silverpaw Ep. 10

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Yeah... the sun will be up soon. I should head back to the house." I nodded and felt my eyes growing wet once more.

"We will see one another again, Sarnai. Do not fret." She gave me another bright smile and shook her head.

I put on a strong face for her and nodded. "Y-yeah... we will."

Rachel put her fingertips to her chin in thought, then looked at me curiously. "Do you remember my original name?"

My ears lowered and I frowned. "I do not... I always referred to you as my mother back then. I rarely heard your real name spoken and time has worn that away."

She smiled and shrugged. "Well, it matters little I suppose." She tapped her chin and lifted her ears. "Oh! Speaking of names, I've been meaning to ask a question about your family."

"What's up?" I tilted my head curiously.

The angel wagged her tail as she spoke out. "Those mice, the twins. Why do they have such uh... western names, when they were born near our part of the world?"

"Ah, you mean Jeremy and Jennifer?" I grinned at the question, remembering when I asked it myself so long ago. "Lorelai adopted them when they were mere children. The sheep had traveled far and wide and enjoyed western-style names. Even back then they were unorthodox names though, not nearly as common as these days."

"Well, that explains things. It's been tugging at my curiosity for decades." Rachel hummed the words as she turned from me and spread her wings.

"Ah... Mom?" I reached my hand out, feeling my heart sink slightly at the thought of her leaving.

Rachel gave me a wide proud grin. "You will be okay, my pup. Go live your life and know I love you." She barked the words and launched into the air, quickly disappearing into the early morning sky.

I stared upon the sky for a long moment, seeing the faint traces of sunrise starting to show, giving it a soft purple look. I held my hand to my chest, feeling my heart thumping heavily in my chest. "I... love you too..."

I hope you've enjoyed this week's episode, my dear reader. If you have, I'm thrilled and would love to know it, so please give it a vote and favorite, that will do wonders for my drive. If you really like my stuff, by all means, give me a follow so you can keep up with my releases, that would make my day.