Love & Lattes - A Bunny's Bounty Ep. 01

Story Info
Episode 1: Sometimes, life stacks too much against you.
8.7k words
4.69
10.2k
22

Part 1 of the 7 part series

Updated 06/10/2023
Created 06/09/2021
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Welcome back, my lovely reader~

Hello, my lovely reader and I welcome you to Love & Lattes: A bunny's bounty. As with all my serials, I'll give you a little warning of what you're jumping into here. This is a slice of life style romance story, there will be a smidgen of action but not nearly as much as my B&C series.

The L&L series is a fully anthro story unlike B&C and Guarded which are kemonomimi style. This means fur, muzzles, handpaws, padded digits for those that have paw pads, and more emphasis on things like scents.

Finally, I wish to toss out a cursory warning, this story does have elements of PTSD from noncon. It does NOT contain fully-fledged nonconsensual scenes, but it does have reference and opens with a partial one. I generally do not like to offer spoilers right out of the gate, but this is a touchy issue and I felt it the right thing to do for any of my readers that may have issues with such things.

Well, with all that out of the way, let's get started on this new adventure. I truly hope you enjoy your time in this new world I've crafted for you.

—♥—

Episode 1:

Sometimes, life stacks too much against you

"I need a mocha latte with unsweetened coconut milk." The small catgirl called out from the counter, her slightly curled brown ears perked up, one aimed towards the back, the other twitching as she listened to another customer's order. On the left breast pocket of her apron had a name tag that read, 'Ivory'.

"Uhuh," The second worker replied while frothing some coconut milk with one handpaw, the other pouring coffee into the cup of another order. Her small fluffed tail flicked about in agitation behind her as another order was added to the list, then another, and another. She wore a similar name tag only with a flourish on it that read 'Team Leader' above her name.

The rabbit grumbled under her breath, both her long mocha-colored ears slowly starting to curl at the tips where the fur was just slightly white. This rush had been going for over an hour and she was about ready to lock the doors.

The blonde cat flicked an ear hearing the rabbit behind her starting to snarl and recognizing the body language as she turned back to look at her. "Um, Karen, do you wanna swap with me?"

"No. Keep taking the orders, I got it." The rabbit called the words back at the cat while shoving a green tea latte at one customer and the mocha latte at a second. She clenched her teeth as she said, "Thanks, have a good day." Her voice had a sharp edge to it and the send-off probably sounded more like, 'I hope you get hit by a truck.'

Twenty minutes later the rush finally calmed down right as the next shift's workers walked in the door. The rabbit and cat waited for the other two to put on their aprons so they could swap with them. One was a young teenage fox who worked after school for them by the name of Joseph. The other was Crystal, an early to mid-twenties cat around the same age as Karen and Ivory who also happened to attend the same community college as the rabbit.

"Fucking sakes, of course it dies down as those two show up." The rabbit grumbled the words as she sipped on her coffee from a travel cup while sitting on a bench behind the coffee shop. Her coffee was none of that triple whipped, double mocha, fufu latte crap either, just black.

Ivory took a long drag from her cigarette making sure to puff the smoke away from the direction of the rabbit while leaning against the wall next to her. "It's not their fault boss, they get rushes in the late afternoon too."

"Think I don't know that?" The rabbit snapped the words, clicking her tongue before swilling some more coffee that was lukewarm at best now, but it was something.

"Wow, way to take my head off, Karen. You're gonna make me feel bad," The cat playfully purred the words before she took another puff from her smoke and gave the rabbit a grin. "Not sure how you handle the stress, If I didn't smoke I would have gone crazy doing this job."

"I like having functioning lungs, thanks," The rabbit huffed the words back before sliding her fingers through her shoulder-length hair the color of dark chocolate and mostly straight but for the slight show of ever faint curl at the tips.

"Uhuh... but not a functioning liver? I've been drinking with you before, I know how you are!" The catgirl cooed the words in a playful sing-song voice while grinding the cigarette out on the wall before flicking the butt into the nearby smoking bucket.

The rabbit's ears shot up at the retort, clearly showing the small silver hoops along the insides of them near the base. Karen sipped her coffee taking a moment to think of what to say to that. The cat wasn't wrong, she had been hitting the hooch pretty hard lately, almost every night needing a drink. Especially the last few nights. "I hope you choke on a dick," Was finally the response the rabbit came up with.

"Funny you should mention that!" The cat clapped her handpaws together, her overly large breasts bouncing gingerly in her button-down top. They were unfairly large for her short stature and body size, especially compared to Karen's more modest set that might have amounted to a handful at best vs tits for days over there.

Ivory purred as she leaned in close to Karen and cooed into her ear, "Finally sealed the deal with James the other night. Never knew elk's could get that big! Ha, I literally did choke and gag a few times!"

The rabbit made a face of disgust and glared at the cat with her sharp emerald eyes. "Oh my gods, Ivory... Why are you telling me this? I don't need to know whose dick you sucked this week!"

The cat grinned her own blue eyes sparkling as she purred then leaned in puffing hotly into Karen's left ear. "Just tormenting you for being an asshole... you think I can't smell it on you? Even through the roasting coffee in the shop?"

If it wasn't for the thin coat of mocha-colored fur, it would be clear to see the deep heavy blush that spread on her cheeks at the cat's words. The rabbit coughed before scooting further down the bench away from the cat's hot breath. "I have no idea what you're talking about."

Ivory sat in the spot where Karen had been and folded her paws in her lap, giving the rabbit a toothy grin, her naturally pointed teeth showing. "Sure boss, that's why every guy in the shop was looking you over today. You think they didn't smell it too?"

Karen glared at the cat her cheeks burning now. "They weren't and they couldn't have! It's not THAT obvious!"

"Ah-ha!" The cat called out the word as Karen realized her slip up and scowled at the feline. "Poor bunny rabbit is in heat, isn't she? That's why you've been a moody bitch all day!"

"Fuck you, I'll write you up for disrespecting a manager!" The bunny snapped back huffing in frustration at the cats teasing.

"You won't... and you can't, we are, off, the, clock," The cat purred the words playfully before grinning at the rabbit. "Besides, if you run me off you won't have anyone to talk to or hang out with."

Karen grumbled under her breath but didn't say anything. Ivory was right, she was pretty much the only person she socialized with. Other than that it was just work and school.

"You know what you need? You need to get laid, Karen." The cat spoke the words playfully as she pushed up against the rabbit's shoulder. Her body was smaller than Karen's by a few inches so it was more like pushing her head against her shoulder. Not that the rabbit was much taller, they were definitely the shortest ones on the staff.

"You would be an expert wouldn't you?" Karen spoke the words dryly as she finished off her coffee and threw the cup into the nearby waste can. "I don't need to get laid, I just... I need to relax. I need to finish this semester with passing marks and I need to take a day off from this damn store!"

"Heeey... you've seen how Joe looks at you, yeah?" Ivory suppressed a giggle. "He has the major hots for you Karen. The other day you were bending over getting something from the storage cabinet and he was trying to play it cool but his little fox tail was wagging like crazy. He's so fucking cute when you're around."

The rabbit's cheeks felt hot again at the thought of the fox staring at her round butt. It wasn't anything to write home about in her opinion but people had told her before her backside was pretty nice. Karen shook her head then glared at Ivory, "And so fucking still in high school! Call me crazy Ivory but I don't really enjoy the idea of prison!"

Ivory rolled her eyes and clicked her tongue. "Tch...only by like... a year! You've got what, like maybe six on him?"

"Truth be told... I don't want to date a predator, especially a dog... I don't dislike them as people... T-they just, they kind of scare me I guess..." Karen sighed and shook her head before she stood from the bench brushing off her black slacks trying to ignore the shiver down her spine.

Her paw lingered on her backside for a moment while she was brushing herself off. 'Is my butt really so great?' The rabbit thought to herself as she looked down to her side and back slightly, her small dark tail flicking slowly.

The cat's ears popped up and she clued in right away on the rabbit's posture and distant look of thought. "Ho ho... thinking about what I said?" The feline gave her that toothy grin once more. "You're pulling off that curvy short girl thing perfect Karen, and you got them chiiiild bearing hiiiips." The cat used her handpaws in the air to simulate an hourglass figure.

That heat returned to the rabbit's cheeks as she watched the cat use her paws to shape out her hips in the air. Finally, she snapped out at the blonde, "S-shut up already!"

Ivory just grinned and hopped up, standing on her tiptoes as she huffed into the rabbit's pierced left ear once more. "And with how you smell right now... I bet every guy that has walked in today imagined putting his kits in you, I know I would if I were a guy..."

Karen took a deep draw of breath in through her nose, trying not to lose her mind at the massive level of embarrassment the cat had just inflicted upon her. Her stomach twisted into a knot at the thought of every guy looking at her like that.

"Thinking about it, Karen? Or are you smitten with the thought of me feeling that way?" The cat purred the words at the rabbit teasingly, pushing a little closer now. "Thinking about the last time we had a little too much to drink and I took you home?"

"Huff... the only thing I'm thinking about..." The rabbit stepped away and cracked her neck before giving the cat a furious glare, "is what to write in your eulogy!"

Ivory giggled before flicking her wiry tail about. "Ha, relax bunny rabbit, you know I like cock too much to be after your tail full time." The feline grinned wide showing her sharp teeth before turning on her heel to face away from the rabbit. "Well, I'm going home, got me another date with James. Call me later if you want to get drinks or... hang out."

"S-sure thing," Karen spoke the words as the cat trotted off, the wiggle of her hips and skip in her step showing how eager she was to get laid again. The spring air felt cooler all of a sudden and the rabbit shivered a little at the realization of how cold she was. It was still early spring after all and the sun would be setting soon.

She decided it would probably be wise to take her jacket from the locker in the break room before heading home. Her paw moved up as she gave a wave to Joseph and Crystal on the way back in. "Hey guys, just grabbing my things from the back."

Trotting past the cat and fox she hesitated as she passed by Joseph. 'Could my heat really be smelled so easily?' The rabbit bit her lower lip gently in thought and peeked back at the fox out of the corner of her eye. Sure enough, his tail was wagging and she could see he was staring but not trying to at the same time. Crystal on the other paw was just grinning at the display, seeing and smelling exactly what had the young fox so wound up.

Karen swallowed a lump in her throat and resumed her walk to the break room, snatching her jacket before exiting out the side door to avoid harassing the poor fox any further. "Make mental note... wear a lot more body spray this week!" The rabbit huffed the words aloud as she slid the jacket on and began her walk home.

—♥—

The walk to her apartment was about five blocks away, a fairly quick trip and the bunny could be home within twenty minutes, ten on days she was in a hurry. This was one of those days. Karen was walking with brisk steps because she wanted to get home, she wanted to take a shower and wash off her scent of heat, then she wanted to have a drink. Have a drink and maybe get off a few times to quell the urges in her that she had been ignoring all day.

She wasn't exactly looking down, but she wasn't exactly looking up either when the form of someone came into her vision and her path. "Ah, excuse me." The rabbit said in a flat but polite tone as she sidestepped the figure to keep moving, only the figure purposefully stepped into her path as she did so and she gently bumped into them.

"H-hey!" The rabbit exclaimed out as she took a step back and looked up, her large floppy ears jerking upwards at the figure, it was a male, a big one too, well at least big compared to her. He looked to be a feline like Crystal and Ivory but she couldn't guess what breed. She could tell by his body language he wasn't looking very friendly though. "Uh, can I help you... sir?" Karen huffed the words, one part nervous one part irritated.

"Oh, I hope so, you see me and my friends saw you a block or so back." The cat gave a toothy grin as he scratched his cheek with a padded-finger looking smug and cocky as he spoke, "Well, actually, we smelled you more than saw you..."

'Smelled... friends?' The rabbit's ears shot up higher as she glanced back seeing two more figures flanking her from behind and moving in as she thought about her situation. The sun was practically down and the streets were pretty empty shy of a few cars passing by. Karen knew a little self-defense martial arts but nothing to get her out of a situation with three predators all having a large size advantage on her and surrounding her to boot! 'Fuck... okay, okay be cool, Karen. One in front two in back, deal with the closest threat first, right?' She thought to herself furiously as she ran the numbers in her head.

The cat in front of her saw the rabbit seeming to be thinking more than acting fearful, which was not what he expected, so he quickly reached a handpaw out for her. Karen bit her lower lip as he reached for one of her ears and quickly hunched down as she dropped to a knee to deliver a square well-aimed jab of her fist right into the attacker's crotch.

He cried out in a loud yelp of pain, doubling over as the rabbit sprang to the side and started sprinting down the sidewalk. 'Assholes! Stupid fucking cats, you won't catch a rabbit at a full sprint!' She thought to herself with a victorious huff as she panted out and ran, jerking her head back to see one of them keeping up with her, a hyena. She assumed they would all be felines and though a hyena wouldn't be as fast as her he'd be plenty fast enough to not lose her, not to mention probably out stamina her at a run.

"Shit! Why did it... have to be a dog! A-and a fast one too! This... Isn't even a bad a-area!" The rabbit yelled the words in protest out loud while cursing her heat and scent. She might have been able to make it the three or so blocks left had she been keeping up with her gym time, and had she not just gotten off a ten-hour shift, but she felt her adrenaline starting to wear off, taking her energy boost with it.

'Fuck, not gonna work...S-somebody...' Karen felt herself starting to panic at the thought of a dog chasing her down, jumping on her, and dragging her off to most likely rape her with his buddies. The rabbit felt a sob escape her burning throat as she panted then her ears shot up angrily. She snapped her teeth into a defiant grit and swallowed the fear down. "Like... hell I will!"

The rabbit made a quick hop forward to get both footpaws in line and squarely planted them in a bracing halt. The dog was bigger than her and at this point faster so she knew he wouldn't stop so quickly.

The hyena was at a full sprint when he saw the rabbit suddenly stop to quickly turn on him. He tried to slow his pace but his footpaws stumbled against the sidewalk right as the rabbit drove her elbow straight into the side of his muzzle. The dog yowled out as he crashed to the ground and rolled a few feet away before clambering to his knees blood pouring from his jaw.

"Like hell, you will chase me down like some damsel in distress! You're gonna get your ass handed to you by a bunny, little puppy!" Karen snarled the words out as she shifted herself into a lower stance her fear turning to rage and renewing her adrenaline supply. She didn't know what she was doing, her martial arts amounted to so much street brawling tactics her father taught her years ago, but she would be damned if she would let them have her without putting up some kind of fight.

The dog stood back for a time, she knew he was stalling until the other two caught up, the second one was already there, another hyena, probably a close friend or brother. The cat was still a ways back limping forward trying to recover from that punch to the crotch.

"Tch... two dogs on one rabbit, bet you guys feel so tough right now huh?" Karen sneered the words contemptuously, keeping a low stance on the balls of her footpaws, ready to react. The two hyenas had started circling her, both of their chests rising and falling like her own from the sprint.

'What the fuck people!' Karen screamed the words in her head, several cars had passed by at this point and seen the scene, this wasn't some normal thing especially for this neighborhood, why hadn't anyone called the cops? Maybe they had and they were on the way. Maybe she just needed to keep stalling. Maybe no one gave a fuck since it wasn't their problem, yeah that was more likely she thought.

"Bitch you're gonna pay for this!" The bloodied dog snarled the words before making the first move, lunging in on her from the front. The other dog was quick to follow up and come in from behind and to the side of her right, leaving her left flank fully open as a retreat point.

The rabbit sidestepped the first dog, again punishing him with a well-placed elbow against the back of his head, sending the attacker down face-first to the sidewalk with a satisfying thud. The other hadn't expected his buddy to topple down at his footpaws and his own pounce was wildly off from having to avoid the fallen dog.

Karen took the retreat path with a quick hop to clear from them and slammed right into the cat that had gotten into the fray faster than she anticipated. He was quick to grab the rabbit by a fistful of her hair and one ear, his other paw roughly snatching her right arm and wrenching it around her back.

Crying out in sharp pain Karen winced, her scalp throbbing in the cat's grip. She wrenched her arms violently trying to get her free one around to hit the attack. That arm was quickly snatched by the hyena that had stumbled moments before. The two of them handily overpowered her once they had their paws on her, each of them holding her wrists and arms as they started pulling her towards the nearby alleyway between the building.

"F-fucking! C-cowards!" She screamed the words out as she fought against the larger predators, her voice shaking and starting to crack. The adrenaline was on empty, her tank was drained and the fear took her fully now. Her stomach twisted and her heart sank violently as tears started forming in her eyes. "Damn...it! St-op... "