All Comments on 'Blue-Eyed Nurses'

by Spencerfiction

Sort by:
  • 25 Comments
Sid0604Sid0604over 9 years ago
Thank you...

I enjoyed reading your story. Thank you for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Excellent Plot; Well Written 5/5

Well Done! ram

tabbymidnitetabbymidniteover 9 years ago
what a wonderful story

Enjoyed it so very much great detail. glad they found each other again

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Droll.

I hate to say it, but your main character is an ass, and I hated him after two paragraphs. It may be a highly rated story, but that's because the groupies in this forum are largely a very forgiving lot. I, however, am not.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
strange ending...

Strange way to end it. Not bad, just...different...

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
4*s And GOBSMACKED !

Love this story!! A real tearjerker. I gave you 4*s and can't believe it.

How can you write a mess like "Fat Chance" then come right back with a romance that is moving, good dialogue , and a little suspension of belief.

I don't mean the spirit of his dead half- sister . I refer to the coincidence of him loving the mother then the daughter loving his father. Finally, loving each other as if no time has passed . You made it work, it was just believable enough.

But what an ugly, messed up story " Fat Chance" became as the chapters continued.

It is difficult to fathom . Maybe you do better without the multiple chapter story.

Good luck with your next LW story, I will look forward to it as

AMerryMan

tazz317tazz317over 9 years ago
THE BLUE EYED NURSE

with a bright eyed soul. TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
very goof

Different story kind of off beat and sad but very different. The little girl in the chair Maureen and Mary the young nurse was dead but appeared to be with her daddy bb Ron bbbbb. Texas

sledgesledgeover 9 years ago
Interesting Story

I really liked the story. I was presently supprised with the ending though. I thought it was a little rushed to end but that's just my view. I gave it a good 4 rating. Keep writing. I look toward to what you can come up with in the future.

bruce22bruce22over 9 years ago
Beautiful Tale

The slow development of the protagonist's world is extremely well done.

The development of several love themes makes it a very fine romance.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Very nice except the ending

Which felt rushed to say the least. Otherwise well done. Now if you Bloody Brits could only speak and write in English things would all be good.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Nicely done

And FWIW, I am American and thought your English just fine - had no issue with any "Britishisms" although I may be used to it, as I watch British programming on BBC America and PBS, and do like several British authors. I like the intricate (in a good way) story, and think your characterizations of both men and women, "spot on". And of course, being a romantic at heart, I like the happy ending. And I am happy that Frank and Roger got a chance to talk before the end. Spencerfiction, you are blessed in that you can not only write an interesting story (and keep your readers' attentions), but also write convincing dialogue for both men and women. Looking forward to more of your stories!

rightbankrightbankabout 9 years ago
sorry,

way too many convenient coincidences to arrive at the ending. And for him to fall romantically in love with a toddler who was sat in a chair watching, as her mother a "Pro", "popped his cherry", is borderline creepy.

teedeedubteedeedubabout 9 years ago
Very nice

You got me. I didn't see everything coming. I loved it. T'hanks for sharing........

rightbankrightbankabout 8 years ago
what a mixed up web

so many relationships spread through multiple generations

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Decent story

I enjoyed the story and don't think it deserves harsh comments.

It is complex, although I think that could have been helped by just a slight bit more explanation of a couple of points.

There were a couple of things that puzzled me:

* Mary seemed to be a significant character, but then disappeared. Why did she look familiar to Roger?

* It was not clear, at least to me, how Roger figured out his connection to Maureen.

* What was that near the end about the priest dying and if you can nurse?

* A great many things were tied up at the end, perhaps too many and too neatly. The ending itself seemed kind of abrupt.

Still, it was a good story and I did not mind reading it.

RasmatRasmatabout 7 years ago
It was, indeed, complex.

Full attention required to appreciate. A lovely story, but not for those with ADD. To Anonymous, Mary was Maureen's and Frank's daughter; Rosemary, the beautiful young night nurse and Roger's half-sister. Five and Faved.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago

A lovely thought-out story

dgfergiedgfergiealmost 4 years ago
Wow,what a love story

Amazingly wonderful

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

such a LOVE story - - I have so many feelings running through my body while reading this - - awesome is all I can put to words !!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Really outstanding story - Spencerfiction really can create a very interesting story and bring it along to a great conclusion

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

ROGER BIRD WAS A WEAK WIMPY PATHETIC MAN, A LITTLE BITCH LIKE HIS MOTHER SO EVEN JEANIE TOOK ADVANTAGE OF HIM

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Good story but badly written and no character development

FaithfulToWifeFaithfulToWife8 months ago

Story was confusing and jumped all around. It is sad - it had so much potential.

AnonymousAnonymous17 days ago

Well Done""Life's is never a clean cut bed of roses.Yet in the many ways of how much entwined strangers can be a bigger part of endless possibilities.Thank you".

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userSpencerfiction@Spencerfiction
An old printer, typesetter, proofreader, local politician and activist. I write for pleasure only, an untrained writer too set in his ways to change or learn. I have courted and been wedded to the same impossible angel for over four decades, so I am an unremitted romantic. If ...