All Comments on 'Blue Ridge Romance Ch. 01: Welcome'

by NewOldGuy77

Sort by:
  • 19 Comments
bigbob2406bigbob2406almost 4 years ago

Ended way too soon. This story has legs, please let it run.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Good start!

You gave us a good setup and characters we can care about. That's a really good start. Now keep it up!

R.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Great start

Looking forward to part 2.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Puddle Jumper

Living in WV and having flown in from Pittsburg 100's of times, there is no way a flight is 4 1/2 hours. May want to rethink time frames. Great story and a great start....I give it a 5, if nothing else because of the Fantastic potential.

far_wanderer1984far_wanderer1984almost 4 years ago

A good first installment looking forward to more

Boyd PercyBoyd Percyalmost 4 years ago

Good beginning! Nice teaser as to who his wife is.

5

NewOldGuy77NewOldGuy77almost 4 years agoAuthor

Thanks for your comments, everyone! To the anonymous poster, yes the puddlejumper flights are short but it's at least an hour or two in the airport checking in and getting through security, then flight delays due to fog, etc., then another hour or two getting luggage and a rental car so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

DunkirkDunkirkalmost 4 years ago

Please add more to this story

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
My 2 cents

A very nice story that keeps my interest. I like the characters and the story line. I look froward to reading more of the goings on in a small town in the Blue Ridge. There are so many ways you can go with this. 5 stars. Thanks for your time and imagination.

Crusader235Crusader235almost 4 years ago
Very good

Very good start. Cant wait for more, especially Who does he Marry? I gotta ask, is he afraid of Driving? Pittsburg to any coal town West Virginia is not a long drive!

rightbankrightbankover 3 years ago
An interesting beginning

I have to find out where it's going

oldsage_1oldsage_1over 3 years ago

First you spin a yarn about the California Bay Area reminding me of my Navy days of long ago "The Convertible" and now you take me back to my boyhood in coal country. Grand Dad spent 39 years in the southeastern Ohio coal mines maybe 40 miles from Pittsberg. He was a WV native! Small town gossip, God's country and proud take no crap folks ring true as well as youngsters looking for a way out.

The story rings true and is well presented with good background and character development. Yeah, I'm hooked to see where your fantasy leads this time and adding you to my follow list. If you spin another one from Orange County, Ca I'll know you are a ghost from my past!

5 stars all the way!

Cheers

SAGE

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I like this a lot, but I'm not so sure about the title.

If you start at Afton, VA where I-64 and the Blue Ridge Parkway meet and you head west to Huntington, it's 280 miles. The Blue Ridge is pretty much all east of I-81, so it's kind of hard to get there driving 90 minutes from Huntington, especially on those mountain roads.

The rest though sounds a lot like what I heard as a child from my mining engineer uncles.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Great start! Hopefully, we'll see a Ch. 2 soon.

RanDog025RanDog025over 1 year ago

Good story! Worthy of 5 BIG ASS FUCKING BLAZING STARS!

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbimanabout 1 year ago

great part 1, got me very interested.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

She said to give her time and space to adjust so what does the MC do? Relentlessly asks her out? I can't stand dudes like that.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userNewOldGuy77@NewOldGuy77
Male, living on the Pacific coast. I can see Japan from my house! UPDATE: January 1st, 2023 Currently experiencing an extended writer's block. What's up with that?!?!?! Most of my stories are longer ones. For those of you who invest the time to read them, I thank you, a...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

SIMILAR Stories