All Comments on 'Blue Summerhouse'

by MissLisaJones

Sort by:
  • 8 Comments
AnomolousCowherdAnomolousCowherdabout 11 years ago
Deja vu!

My first thought when I saw the title and one line summary was annoyance that someone was poaching. Then I saw the author and was confused. Then I read the story and was delighted! It was nice that Rhonda wasn't particularly into any stylized d/s scene - she just went with what seemed right for the situation. Worked great for me.

I was a little dubious about the dialect (being American and all), but it did contribute to the story. Thanks for an entertaining diversion!

estragonestragonabout 11 years ago
Great That You're Back

Grandmistress Lisa Jones, Great story! So glad to see you on Lit again. Now all we need is that glossary you promised us. Keep writing! More!

StephenMiletusStephenMiletusabout 11 years ago

Mind if another guy weighs in on this story?

You've fleshed out the character of Ronda out quite nicely; you've explained her motivations & thinking well enough that she's no stereotype in my eyes. However I'd go further than Estragon's reminder that you need a glossary, & point out the story from Rhonda's point of view is still not finished. Obviously she took Tracy to her home, but based on what Rhonda told us she wasn't planning on keeping her: there's one last step where they make that decision. And to keep this story self-contained, you need to add how Jack met his end & was no longer a threat to either of them.

But once you add those two bits -- the missing conclusion & the glossary -- I'd say you not only have a self-contained story, but one that's more entertaining than the original version!

VMKaneVMKaneabout 11 years ago
Still loving this version of the character

Feels a tad strange commenting on a story in which one appears, however fleetingly, but here we go ...

This scenario has always reminded me of one of those perfect Louis L'Amour tales about the abandoned/widowed woman almost, but not quite, coping until the rugged drifter turns up on her doorstep. That's even more apparent told in Rhonda's words than Tracy's.

I love the terse economy of Rhonda's version: the emotion that she's obviously not prepared to admit to Lisa - perhaps not even to Tracy in private - but can't stop herself from letting slip here and there. From 'not the marrying kind' through all that cooking business to 'she's mine now' - very deep but largely unspoken.

Which is why I have to say I find the ending perfect: it really is a story for swinging Tracy into the saddle and riding off into the sunset.

Sam_JSam_Jabout 11 years ago
Re: Glossary

I made the same mistake as Estragon at first, but the Glossary is at the end of Summerhouse Blues, not Blue Summerhouse.

However, it should probably be expanded to include expressions like "banged up", "two stretch" and (probably) "GBH" - and I've only read two paragraphs so far!!! :-)

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Good you are back!

I used to write on here as Bigrimmstales and stopped due to work and relationship complexities. You have inspired me to get back into it, especially using stories directly from real life. I was amused by the reference to Bullwood Hall - a real education!

scarlet_1scarlet_1over 8 years ago
Thank you

It's been awesome reading this dialect ... brings back many memories. More importantly it's been fantastic hearing Rhonda's side of the stor . Brilliant!!

Thank you

Randee1958Randee1958about 8 years ago
Tying it together!

Way too tie it up. So vivid like sharing those pints with you and Rhonda. Another 5🌟 achievement.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous