BOOK 5 - MUSETTE

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"What do you need, Boss?" Karov lounged against the doorjamb, hair tied back in a black braid the Awajian warrior would never cut. The end brushed the floor.

Ciaran's ebony skin matched his eyes, which zeroed in on the crumpled mass on Stryx's desk. "Oh." He laughed. "You need another phone. That one made it almost three days."

"No. Yes. Ciaran, I need you to go somewhere." Stryx paced as he rattled off an address. "You're the only one who can move in the open under the sun. Mages --"

"Mages!" Ciaran, about to take a bite of his sandwich, looked like he had eaten something foul. He dropped his hand to his side.

"Or men working for mages." Stryx moved behind his desk and leaned on his fists. "They were outside that address this morning. Some might still be there. If they are, watch them and call me --" He eyed the useless chunk of technology, and brushed it into the trash as he resumed his seat. "Call Idris when you know where they end up. Get into the house and see what you can find out about the people who live in it.

"Karov, there was a black SUV there this morning. Find it. It might be traveling along the highway from the national park into the city right now. I was told it's heading toward a warehouse. I want to know who owns it, where it is and where it's been. Let me know when you have something."

Stryx winced. "Someone should contact Tabitha to inform the witches to be careful and find out if any are missing. If there's a common area they're being taken from, that could tell us where the mages are finding them."

Silence was the not wholly unexpected response. No way Idris was going to volunteer for that.

The Esag waved a hand at the mangled cell phone in the trash. "I would do it, but alas..."

"So, I'm off to that house now." Ciaran zipped past Karov to make his escape.

Idris pointed at Karov. "I vote --"

Karov smirked. A shuriken lodged in the arm of Idris' chair. The throwing star burst in a flash of light and smoke.

"Damn that Ninja." Idris waved the cloud away. Karov would be long gone. "Fine. I'll call her. You're thinking if those men have a warehouse, they've probably taken more than just this woman and her sister."

Stryx nodded.

"And this woman, she made some sort of connection with you? She's a witch?" Maybe the mysterious blonde in his dreams was a witch, too.

Stryx nodded again. "Not just a witch. She is my Dragă."

"Your --" Idris sucked in a breath. "You're sure?"

Stryx rubbed at his chest and nodded. "Yes. My heart beat when I was with her."

"Fuck. I didn't think that was possible anymore. When we left Dacia after the..." He slumped in the chair. After the massacre.

"I didn't either, but I felt it." Stryx shoved back his chair and paced again. "The pull. There's no mistaking it for anything else. I'm going to speak with Selene."

Idris' heart hadn't beat, but he'd felt a pull. "What can I do to help?"

"Find Jael and Melchior. It's nearly midday, so wake them if they sleep. Tell them mages are in the city and we need to be ready for a rescue mission as soon as I know where to find her."

His mystery woman had pulled him into a dream, not Dragă space, but if Dragăs were possible again...

Unless they weren't, and the vampires of the Ildum were having hallucinations.

Share this Story

Similar Stories

She Blamed it on my PTSD Loving wife destroys her husband.in Loving Wives
Epilogue A love story at the end of the world.in Novels and Novellas
A Very Merry Christmas Indeed The holiday season brings far more than the typical gifts.in Loving Wives
Jebidiah's Change - Roster Cast of characters.in Non-Erotic
Foxtrot 6 Russian tanks, private spies, action and sexy shemales.in Novels and Novellas
More Stories