Book of Spells Ch. 01

Story Info
Four friends going exploring, and find a mysterious book.
6.9k words
4.59
18.7k
37

Part 1 of the 3 part series

Updated 10/31/2023
Created 04/08/2023
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
nikopheros
nikopheros
1,266 Followers

All characters in this story are over 18

"I think we should turn back now," Alex said nervously. They had been walking through caves for the last hour, and he was scared they were already lost.

"Are you kidding," Jason said from up ahead, "we've come this far, why would we turn back now?"

"Because I think we're lost," Alex insisted, "if we get stuck down here we could die."

"Nobody is going to die Alex," Maggie said, and Jason and Chris both laughed, "Chris has been marking every turn, right Chris?"

"Ya, I still know where we are," Chris said, while staring into his notebook, "we're about to be right under the main hall."

"What do you think these caves were used for?" Maggie asked, knowing Chris would know the answer.

"Probably for lots of things," Chris answered on queue, "most likely they were used for secret transportation during wartimes, or refuge."

"When did they stop using them?" Alex asked, apparently moving on from his concerns.

"When the castle was abandoned is my guess," Chris answered, "so about five hundred years ago."

"Whoa guys, check this out," Jason shouted from up ahead. The others all rushed forward to see what he had found. They entered a circular room with a low ceiling, and a large round stone table in the center.

"Wow," Chris said as he walked over to the table, "this must have been a sacrificial chamber. They probably came down here to do secret meetings and other nefarious gatherings."

"Cool," Maggie said excitedly. Chris leaned over and began inspecting the table carefully while Alex and Maggie watched. Jason was circling the room, looking for anything interesting.

"Look here," Chris said, and shone a light on the side of the stone, "you can see where they used to strike the stone."

"Wait," Alex said, taking a step back from the table, "did people die in here?"

"Most likely," Chris answered in a businesslike tone.

"Like they were killed, in here?" Alex said, clearly disgusted by the thought.

"Most likely yes," Chris nodded, "I would guess that they used to sacrifice people on this very table. Look, you can see the stone is darker over here, that could be from blood."

"Ugh, can we please get out of here," Alex pleaded.

"Quit being such a sissy," Maggie told him. "This place is cool. Besides, what are you afraid of, ghosts?"

"As a matter of fact, I am," Alex nodded.

"Hey guys check this out," Jason said, and Chris and Maggie hurried over, "I think there might be a secret compartment behind this stone."

"How can you tell," Chris asked, looking the stone over and seeing nothing unusual.

"Here, watch the light," Jason said, and slowly brought his flashlight across several stones, ending on the one he was pointing to. Maggie didn't see anything, but Chris had got it.

"The edges," Chris said excitedly, "you're right, there is something back there. Let's try to open it."

"Wait, you guys," Alex said nervously, "I really don't think we should be doing this. We aren't supposed to disturb anything remember."

"Relax, Alex," Jason sighed as he moved his hands over the stone, "we're not going to get in any trouble, I mean does it look like anyone takes care of this place to you?"

"Still, we have no idea what's back there," Alex whined, "what if it's a head or something?"

"That would be pretty awesome Alex," Maggie said, and Jason laughed again, "now shut up and let us work." Alex began pacing back and forth while the other three looked for the hatch. After more than twenty minutes, they were all getting frustrated.

"Ok, you tried," Alex said, "now can we please leave."

"No," Chris said angrily, "we need to open this, now if you're going to keep whining this whole time why don't you just head back by yourself."

"No," Alex said in a high-pitched voice, "I mean, I don't have the map, you do."

"Well, then, just stop whining," Chris sighed, "why don't you try looking around, maybe there's something we missed."

They continued searching for a way in for nearly an hour. They were all sweating and panting from the lack of air. Chris knew they would have to leave soon no matter what, but he was determined to get into the secret hatch. Jason was still moving his hands along the hidden stone, when he let out a hiss, and removed his hand quickly. Everyone walked over, and saw that he had a deep cut on his right hand. It was already dripping blood, and Chris brought out his little first aid kit. He tied Jason's hand, but he knew it needed real medical attention.

"Ok, now we're leaving," Alex said forcefully, "seriously guys, that cut needs stitches, and its going to take a while just to get out of here. I know you want to get in there, but we have to go."

"I know," Chris said dejectedly, "we'll just have to come back another time."

"Wait," Jason said, and walked over to the stone. He wiped his bloody hand along the stone, leaving a dark blackish looking mark on its face. "So we remember which one it is," he said, and started walking back. All of a sudden there was a metallic click, and the stone popped forward, and fell onto the dirt.

"Whoa," Jason said slowly.

"Holy shit," Maggie said, "did that thing just open because of the blood?"

"Fascinating," Chris said, and hurried over to the stone.

"Guys, we have to go," Alex said, his face white as a sheet, "I mean it."

"For Christ sake Alex, do you have any idea what we just found?" Chris said as he turned the stone over. "My god, it's a teftstone," he said, as much to himself as anyone else, "these are just from legends, no one has ever seen one before."

"What is it," Maggie asked, sounding more nervous than she had before.

"I'm not totally sure," Chris said, "I know they're supposed to respond to the elements. But there are also legends of all kinds of black magic being involved."

"Seriously," Alex whined, "can we please leave the black magic blood rock alone and leave, Jason is still bleeding."

"I'm fine Alex," Jason said, examining the hole in the wall, "you need to see this Chris." He reached in, and carefully brought out a buddle of black cloths rolled together.

"Oh wow," Chris said, taking the buddle with delicate hands.

"What do you think it is?" Maggie asked breathlessly.

"I don't know," Chris said, and began unrolling the cloths.

"Stop!" Alex shouted, and they all flinched, "you are not opening that thing down here, no way, absolutely not. You can take it with you if you want, but you're not opening it down here."

"Maybe Alex is right," Maggie said.

"Ok fine," Chris said, and folded the cloth over again, "we'll take it with us."

"Thank you," Alex said with a deep sigh of relief, "does that mean that we can go now?" Chris put the folded bundle under his arm, and they left the chamber room. It took them over an hour to make it back to the surface, and they were all exhausted by the time they made it.

The first thing they did was drive Jason to the nearest hospital. It turned out he needed nearly a dozen stitches, and would be there for several hours. The other three headed down the street to a little café. They ordered coffee, and Chris brought out the bundle. He began to unfold it again, and Alex stopped him.

"What if its something bad?" Alex said nervously.

"Like what," Chris asked, "its too small to be a head, it looks like it could be a book of some kind."

"Well that could be bad," Alex said, "I mean it must have been buried in a wall in a cave for a reason right?"

"Why don't you go check on Jason then," Chris said, "because I'm going to open this and see what we've found." Alex looked none too comforted, but he stayed. Chris carefully unfolded the layers of black cloth. As he unfurled the last piece, the thick black leather face of a book appeared. There was a sun shaped symbol in the center, though it was as black as the rest of the book, and there were several black markings at the top.

"I don't like this," Alex whined, "that book looks evil."

"Excuse me," Chris said to a man sitting at a nearby table, "my French is not so good, could you please help me translate these words here." He showed the man the book, and the man took a long scrutinizing look.

"I am sorry," the man said in a thick French accent, "that is not French. Perhaps it is Latin."

"It isn't Latin either," Chris said, "I know Latin well, and this is certainly not Latin."

"Then what is it," Maggie asked.

"We should leave this thing you guys," Alex said nervously, and everyone ignored him.

"You know what," Chris said, "why don't you two stay here and wait for Jason. I'm going to go down to that big library and see if there's anyone in there that can help us. I'll meet you back here in a few hours ok."

"Are you sure you don't need any help," Maggie asked, wanting to go with Chris instead of staying behind with Alex.

"No, you stay here," Chris said firmly, "I'll be back." He walked off down the street, leaving Maggie and Alex alone at the table. Maggie didn't like being alone with Alex. Ever since he had made a pass at her the year before, she was always nervous it would happen again. It wasn't that she didn't like Alex as a friend, but she just wasn't attracted to him. Alex was nerdy even for their group of nerds. He was short, pockmarked, and bespectacled.

Maggie much preferred Chris' Indiana Jones vibe. He was clearly the smartest of the bunch, but somehow he managed to be cool as well. He was tall, and muscular for a nerd, and his messy hair somehow always looked good to Maggie. The way he always took charge of the group and never folded under pressure made him even more attractive, and Maggie could only wonder if he felt anything for her as well.

They had all been friends for years. Chris and Jason had lived next door to each other since they were born, and they were practically inseparable. Alex had moved to town in the third grade, and quickly became their third wheel. Maggie hadn't joined the group until middle school. Her friends had all gone on to become popular without her, and she had found a new home with the nerdy boys. They all seemed to come to an understanding that none of them would ever be more than friends. But after Alex's pass, it had gotten Maggie wondering, and that had led to wondering about Chris. She guessed Chris would not want to be with her simply out of respect for Alex, and she didn't know what to do.

It wasn't until after dark, and well after Jason had returned, that Chris finally came back. He had a big stack of books under each arm, and a big smile on his face. He sat down, and placed all the books on the table.

"Well," Chris said once they were all down, "I still don't know exactly what language it is, but its definitely ancient. It could be some form of ancient Gaelic, or even Celtic."

"How old," Jason asked, looking the book over for the first time.

"No idea," Chris shrugged, "but at least a thousand years, maybe even several thousand."

"No way," Alex said, "it can't be that old, it's still in good condition."

"It was buried in an air lock," Chris said, "we have no idea how old it could be."

"Can we find out," Jason asked as he turned the book over in his hands.

"Maybe," Chris said, "it would probably cost a lot of money though."

"Ok well what about these translations," Jason said, opening the book to find pages covered in old symbols. Some of the pages had pictures drawn in them.

"That's what these books are for," Chris said, pointing at the tall stack of books he had brought from the library, "I'm hoping they'll help me find out what language it is, once we know that, it should be easier to translate."

2

Chris spent the entire night trying to decode the ancient book. He didn't know what it was, but there was something powerful to it. Chris had to wonder if he even should be translating such a book. He knew that it could prove dangerous, but he was too intrigued to stop. Around two in the morning, he had a breakthrough. One of the older books he had borrowed from the library seemed to have proper translations for some of what he saw in the ancient book. Once he was sure it was some form of Celtic, he was able to begin translating some words.

Once he found the translation for the words male and female, he began to notice that they were used quite frequently. He found one particular page that looked interesting. It kept referring to the female body, and there was a crude picture of a woman with very large breasts. At the bottom of the page, were seven words written in thick black ink. They looked different than the other words on the page. First Chris translated them, and then he carefully spoke them out loud. Nothing happened, and Chris wound up falling asleep not long after.

3

Chris woke up to frantic knocking at his door. He quickly got up, and ran to the door, worried the hotel would be on fire or something. Instead when he opened the door, he found Maggie standing there, looking worried.

"What's wrong," Chris said quickly and let her in. She walked in slowly with her head down, and that's when Chris noticed her chest. He had always thought Maggie had nice breasts. They weren't big by any means, but they did have a very nice shape and perkiness to them, but they looked different now. He couldn't be sure with her wearing a big hoodie, but they looked to be several sizes larger than the day before, and perfectly round. After the initial shock wore off, Chris realized that they were in fact spectacular tits. He found himself wanting to get a better look.

"I don't know," Maggie said in a panicked voice, and sat down in the chair in the corner, "when I woke up today, my, well." She paused, not sure how to say what she was thinking.

"Oh man," Chris said, his eyes going wide, "I think I know what happened."

"What do you mean," Maggie asked.

"Well," Chris sighed, and walked over to where the book still lay open, "I translated one of these pages last night, here, look." Chris showed her the page, and her eyes went wide as well when she saw the picture.

"Hold on," Maggie shook her head, and stood up, and Chris couldn't help but notice the way her big new tits bounced around as she stood, "are you trying to tell me that this book is seriously like a spell book or something?"

"I think so," Chris nodded, just as surprised as she was.

"Does that mean this is permanent," Maggie nearly shouted, and pointed at her large chest.

"Um, I don't know," Chris shrugged, "I really don't. But if its any consolation, I think they look really great."

"Oh, um, thank you," Maggie began blushing profusely, and turned away so Chris wouldn't see how red her cheeks were, "but we still need to find out if it will go away."

"Ok," Chris nodded, "I guess the best way to find out is to translate the rest of the book. No one else will have any answers for us, so it's either in here, or nowhere." Maggie looked unsettled, but she nodded her agreement.

"Ok, well you keep at it then," Maggie sighed, "I'll be in my room." With that she left Chris to do his work, and began walking down the hallway. Halfway back to her room she saw Jason emerge from his own room. He waved at her, and began to walk by, and then stopped dead in his tracks. Maggie watched his eyes find her chest, and then stay there like they were glued. She felt a bit uncomfortable, but she also kind of liked the way they were looking at her now. It made her feel sort of sexy.

"Uh, Maggie," Jason said slowly, "did you get a boobjob last night?"

"Pretty much," Maggie said, "why don't you go ask mister wizard."

"Wait, what, I'm confused," Jason shook his head, and then scratched it, all while staring at Maggie's tits, "Chris did something?"

"Look just ask Chris alright," Maggie sighed and pushed passed Jason, "I can't deal with this right now." Maggie stormed down the hall to her room, and Jason rushed over to Chris'. He had a key, and he entered without knocking. Chris looked up from his books at the noise, and then looked back down when he saw it was Jason.

"I just saw Maggie in the hallway," Jason said.

"Pretty fucking great huh," Chris said with a big smile, "don't tell her I said that though, I don't think she's too happy."

"What the hell did you do man," Jason said and walked over to look at the book, "her tits are fucking huge."

"I bet I can make them even bigger," Chris laughed, "this book is awesome."

"Are you sure it's the book," Jason asked hesitantly.

"Well," Chris began, "its an ancient book in ancient Celtic, that was buried under a church castle for hundreds of years, and I translated a page that has a picture of a woman with large breasts. I spoke these words here out loud last night, and now our friend who has never had especially large breasts looks like Pamela Anderson. So I would say yes, I am sure it's the book."

"Jesus," Jason said in awe, "do you think it'll be permanent?"

"That's what Maggie asked too," Chris said, "I'm trying to find that out, but I still can't find all of these words. I think this book is even older than the translations here, which means some words may be totally forgotten."

"Well that doesn't sound good," Jason said.

"But if I can learn the language a bit, I may still be able to say the words, even though I won't know what they mean," Chris said, and Jason shook his head again.

"And are we supposed to be your test subjects," Jason asked, "cause I'm not so sure Maggie is cool with that, and I'm not sure I am either."

"I guess so," Chris said, not looking up from his work, "but that might not be such a bad thing, look at this one." Chris turned to another page, that had a crude depiction of a naked man, with a clearly quite large penis between his legs.

"Hold on," Jason said, "you're not saying."

"I am," Chris nodded, "at least I think so, I'm going to try it out on myself first."

"Hey, we should give the nelson twins big tits," Jason said, "they would be so hot with tits."

"They're so hot without tits," Chris laughed, "but you're right, that is a great idea. The only problem seems to be that the women don't like it, at least Maggie didn't."

"That's because you didn't tell her first," Jason insisted, "if you tell them first it might be different."

"Only one way to find out huh," Chris said, and Jason just smiled and nodded.

4

Chris waited until he was alone again. Jason and Alex had gone into town to look for more books that might help, and Maggie wouldn't come out of her room. Chris felt bad that she was so embarrassed, but he thought she looked great. In fact, he wanted to see just how great her new tits really looked. But first he needed to try another spell. He already knew which one he would try next. He had given Maggie huge tits, and now he would see if he could give himself a huge cock. His dick wasn't small, but it wasn't huge either. He had always been happy enough with his six and a half inches, but now he was just too curious not to try it out.

He opened the book to the right page, and carefully read the words in big black ink at the bottom. He took a deep breath, and then spoke the words out loud. As he said them, the lights flickered, and he felt a weird tingling go through his body. When he had said the whole spell, he waited, not sure if it had worked. He had forgotten to ask Maggie what it had felt like. He wasn't sure if it had worked, so he walked into the bathroom. He pulled his pants down, and thought his dick looked a little bigger than normal, but nothing like the change Maggie had gone through.

He still couldn't tell if he was any different than before, so he decided to go check on Maggie. He put his clothes back on, and walked down the hall to Maggie's room. He knocked on the door, and there was no answer. He was getting ready to call her cellphone, when she finally called out through the door.

"Who is it?" her voice called, sounding a bit annoyed.

nikopheros
nikopheros
1,266 Followers
12