All Comments on 'Bookstore Girl'

by jackie_em

Sort by:
  • 7 Comments
MigbirdMigbird8 months ago

The opening exchange at the bookstore checkout absolutely delightful — read more than once simply for the enjoyment. As a near hopeless romantic loved the way you moved this romance along — just enough uncertainty on both parts created some uncertainty in the reader about the outcome. Very creative. Aside: Stephen Jay Gould and Joseph Stiglitz — definitely eclectic taste. Have read much of Gould’s work; his Reflections in Natural History series so entertaining/clever; especially liked The Panda’s Thumb. Your concise excision of creation science perfect. This is second or third piece of yours read; will definitely read others and look forward to more in future.

Nicole2023Nicole20238 months ago

This was a cute story

RomanceLivesRomanceLives8 months ago

Jeez, abrupt ending much?

Very cute story, though.

Qwer12Qwer128 months ago

Well played and well done. Just the right amount of drama emotions and sex. Cheers

Alphachick90Alphachick908 months ago

Maeve sounds like a narcissist

WhitewaterbumWhitewaterbum7 months ago

Throughly enjoyed your story. Zooey you made very coquette in the early part of story which I found very refreshing. I found ending was a little abrupt but you did explain the near future of the characters.

SirDigbyChickenCaesarSirDigbyChickenCaesar7 months ago

Googled the Luddites: am now a labour crusader. Thanks Jackie!

Apropos for a story about bookworms to have such witty repartée. Props to Maeve for drawing a clear line on alcohol=infused seduction. The evolution debate at the start seemed a little odd, but it turned out a shrewd bookend (cough) to the scene with Chastity. Something something reading between the lines. ;)

PS: Since no story about bibliophiles would be complete without pedantic proofreading: 'utilities' is misspelled 'utilizes'.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous