Bookworm

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Not what?" Megan whispered, her breath tickling Alexus' ear. "Not attracted to women?"

Alexus turned, an unusual steely resolve forming in her. "NO!" she shouted. "I'm not...interested..."

Her voice faded as she found herself practically nose to nose with Megan. She was staring into those darkened eyes and lost her train of thought.

Megan continued to whisper, "Alexus, you know that's a very pretty name. I've never met anyone named Alexus who wasn't very pretty."

Alexus blushed at the compliment and said, "I'm not pretty. I'm not..."

"Oh yes, you are. You are very pretty. And very sexy..."

Megan brushed her lips over Alexus' own. She felt the heat and trembling in the other girl but backed away. Alexus leaned in towards her for a moment then quickly looked away.

Staring at the shelf in front of her, Alexus asked, in a very shaky voice, "Wh...why did... Why did you do...that?"

"Because I wanted to. I...I wanted to show you that you are beautiful. And desirable."

"You...you w-want... I mean you l-like me?" Alexus' face was directed at the floor but she looked back, her eyes quickly darting to Megan's face then falling.

Megan took her gently by the shoulders and turned her. "Yes. I like you. And I'd like to be your friend. If you don't..."

Alexus sighed inwardly in disappointment, she knew women kissed friends hello. That must've been what Megan did.

And yet, the idea of this gorgeous girl as a friend appealed to Alexus while it scared her. She pulled up some of that steel she showed moments before and said, "I...I'd like to be your friend too..."

"Great. How soon do you get off work?"

"Uh, well, I'm not really on the schedule today. I, um, I just came in to help out..."

"Well, let's go to the Union and get some coffee or a Coke or..."

"Wh-what about your book?"

"Oh yeah, let's grab that. I'll get it checked out while you get your stuff and..." Megan finished her sentence with a bye-bye wave.

"Uh, al...alright. I guess."

"Listen, Alexus. If you'd rather not..."

"NO! No, I...I do..."

"Okay, where's my book?" Megan asked with a big, friendly smile.

She turned the same smile on Alexus when the girl exited the library several minutes later. Alexus had taken so long that Megan began to wonder if she'd changed her mind.

"So, wanna go to the coffee shop in the Union? Or we could go to Bernie's," Megan offered. Bernie's was a quiet bar away from campus that was frequented by the locals mainly - until later in the evening. "You do drink, don't you?"

"Wh...why do you ask?"

"Well, I don't know if you had religious beliefs or..."

"I'm Catholic," Alexus replied quickly. "I mean, I was raised... I don't... Not anymore."

Megan nodded, "Yeah, me too. So, which would you prefer? Or is there some where else?"

"May...maybe we could just...uh, take a walk?"

Megan looked around, it was a brisk but not uncomfortable fall day. Sunny and the trees were all in the midst of their fall colors. A walk sounded good.

They walked around campus then out into the town, talking and getting to know each other. Megan found herself holding up a lot of the conversation but she was happy that Alexus was willing to tell her things and give her opinions on things. Even if those opinions were offered more as questions.

And Megan began to put together the other girl's life. She was beginning to understand why Alexus was so quiet and shy. She found herself wanting to throttle the kids who had tormented her new friend. And the girl's parents too.

Megan said something along those lines but less violent and Alexus spoke up sharply. "No. Mom and Dad are great! They're always there for me. And my brother."

"A new side to you. I kinda like it," Megan said with a giggle.

Alexus blushed and turned away. Fortunately her outburst was not witnessed, they'd moved into a virtually deserted park several blocks from campus.

"Hey, I meant what I said. I liked seeing a more assertive side to you."

Alexus didn't respond so Megan fell back on the previous conversation, hoping in part to see that steely resolve once again.

"So they were always there for you, but they didn't see what you were going through...?"

"I didn't tell them. I didn't want to upset them I guess." Alexus snorted, a sound caused Megan to stop dead in her tracks. "I guess I'm like them in a lot of ways."

"Oh?" Megan asked as they resumed walking.

"Mom and Dad are really very smart. They just don't always see the forest for the trees, you know?"

"I do know. A very good friend of mine was great with math and science but he had no clue about women. I had to give him pointers about what to do and especially who liked him."

"That was...nice of you."

"Well, he and I are friends. And I wanted him to have the best. Since I play in a different league..."

Sighing inwardly when Alexus didn't say anything, Megan walked on silently for almost a block. She was trying to get a feel for the girl beside her. So far, little besides her family seemed to get any major reaction from her.

Could she be involved with her family? Megan thought that very unlikely. And Alexus' question helped confirm that.

"W-would you like to g-go out with my brother?" she muttered.

"Huh?" Megan responded.

"Well, you said something about a league. And he's a great baseball player..." Alexus' words trailed off as she realized she really had little idea what she was saying. She was only making herself look foolish to Megan.

Megan smiled, the girl's naiveté was charming. She wasn't ignoring Megan's hints and clues: the little librarian had missed them completely.

'Time to lay my cards on the table,' Megan decided.

"Alexus, what I meant about playing in a different league... It was a euphemism for my...orientation. You see, I like women."

Alexus nodded slowly, seeming to understand. Regardless, Megan decided to lay it all out for the other girl. "I like them for friendship. For support. For love."

Megan put her hand on Alexus forearm, halting the other girl. "I like you."

Alexus focused on the ground until she felt Megan's warm hand on her cheek, gently moving her face up. She looked deep into Megan's bluish-green eyes, captivated. When Megan kissed her, she didn't even think of pulling away.

Like the earlier kiss in the stacks, this was a simple meeting of their lips. Megan, heartened that Alexus didn't pull away, leaned in again and kissed her friend a little more forcefully.

Alexus thought her heart would burst from her chest, it was throbbing so hard. And the feeling between her legs was almost painful in it's intensity. Dare she follow through?

Looking at Megan, she saw only love and desire. Throwing caution to the wind for perhaps the first time in her life, Alexus leaned in and kissed Megan.

After a long moment of intense contact, Megan pulled back. "Thank you."

Alexus looked puzzled but before she could ask, Megan cupped the back of her head and kissed her again. This time her tongue slipped out and traced the brunette's quivering lips. When they remained closed, Megan pushed against them until her tongue was able to slide into Alexus' mouth.

With a low moan, Alexus melted into Megan's arms. The wonderful sensation of the girl's tongue in her mouth, searching and probing, playing with her tongue... Alexus had never felt anything so wonderful. What if she were to...

Megan almost giggled with happiness when Alexus' tongue slipped into her mouth. The shy girl was clumsy but it was so exciting for the young blonde.

After several long minutes, they pulled back. "I...I never..."

"What?" Alexus turned red and looked away. "Was that your first kiss?"

Alexus nodded, feeling suddenly miserable. Surely this girl wouldn't be interested in someone as like her.

"Did you enjoy it?" Alexus nodded again.

Megan was thrilled. She had managed to break a chink in the girl's protective armor. And apparently she had the joy of being the one to give Alexus her first real lover's kiss. Megan began to understand the fascination men seemed to have with virgins.

Her thoughts were jerked back to the present when she saw tears in Alexus' beautiful eyes. "Hey! What's wrong? I thought you enjoyed it?"

"I...I did. B-but you can't want someone who's never..."

Megan lifter the girl's chin with her fingertips. Smiling, she said, "Oh but you are so wrong. I do want you. More than ever."

Alexus touched her lips, marveling at the sensations she was still experiencing. The taste of Megan was new but wonderful. The shy girl made one of the most momentous decisions of her young life.

She placed her hand at the back of Megan's head and pulled the blonde's mouth to hers. This time, she invaded Megan's mouth with her tongue.

When Megan moaned into Alexus, the brunette felt her entire body tingle. She was afraid she'd swoon right there, it was so exciting.

Megan was thrilled when Alexus initiated the kiss. The girl may not know much about kissing but Megan knew she'd be happy to teach Alexus. And to practice with her.

Feeling Alexus' body start to slump, Megan broke the kiss. "Oh wow! Alexus...whew! That was...incredible."

Alexus grinned broadly. "It was? Really?"

Megan nodded, "Yep! Wanna do it some more?"

Alexus merely nodded. She still couldn't believe this beautiful, popular girl wanted her.

Megan tilted her head, gazing at her new love. "I think we need to loosen this up a bit," she said, reaching around Alexus' head to release her pinned-up hair.

As the auburn locks fell softly into place, Megan stared in awe. The shy girl's lovely face was beautifully framed by her silky hair. The eyeglasses, something Megan found very sexy on a woman, added to the vision.

"You are so beautiful," Megan breathed.

"No, I'm not..." Alexus said in denial. Before she could say anything more, Megan silenced her with another heated kiss.

Both women were left breathless when they finally separated. Both smiled at the other.

"C'mon, let's go to my place. No one will bother us there." Megan took Alexus' hand and led her out of the park.

As they walked through the quiet streets of the town, Alexus was blind to the fall colors or even the people walking by looking at her newly-revealed beauty. Her mind was totally consumed by the unfamiliar concept of someone being attracted to her.

Even as she marveled at that, Alexus was beginning to feel frightened. This was a big step. The biggest of her life. Even after initiating a kiss with Megan, a major step for Alexus, she wasn't sure she wanted to go with her feelings. What if she was no good? What if she was so lame that Megan wouldn't want anything to do with her again? And what if that got out? She'd be a laughing stock.

For her part, Megan sensed a certain reticence in her new friend. While it was to be expected in such a new situation, Megan could feel what Alexus wasn't even aware of as yet. The girl was scared.

They neared Megan's place and the blonde stopped them. She had to make sure Alexus was willing to be with her.

"Alexus? Before we go too far, I want you to know that nothing will happen unless you want it to. I'd never do anything to hurt you or embarrass you."

Alexus blinked back a sudden wash of tears at the sincerity she heard from Megan. But she had no idea what to say.

Megan filled in the long silence. "Do you want to come upstairs? We don't have to do anything, not even talk, unless you want to. Okay?"

Alexus nodded and followed the other girl up the stairs to her apartment. Once inside, she saw a very neat, attractive place. One she felt comfortable in.

"You...you have a nice place," Alexus said quietly.

"Thank you. I like it. And it's small so it's easy to keep clean."

Alexus smiled and picked up a framed picture. "Your family?"

"Yep. That's Mom, Dad, my irritating little brother... Hey, I'm sorry! Would you like something to drink? I have soda, beer, some wine..."

"W-water is fine," Alexus answered.

Megan came in with a glass of ice water with a slice of lemon for her guest and a Coke for her own enjoyment.

Deciding not to force the issue, she asked, "So, Alex, tell me about your family."

The two near-lovers spent the late afternoon talking. As it got dark, Megan turned on one of the living room lights and ordered a pizza for the two of them.

As midnight neared, Alexus yawned widely. Megan chuckled, "Guess I kept you up past your bedtime..."

Alexus had grown quite comfortable with her new friend and nodded. "I got up pretty early this morning."

"If you want, you can crash here." Seeing the look that flashed across Alexus' face, Megan quickly added, "The futon is really pretty comfortable."

Declining the offer, Alexus stood at the door for a long moment. Finally she said, "Thank you."

"For what?"

"Today...well, everything." Alexus touched her lips briefly. "And for not..."

Megan took her hand and squeezed it gently as she smiled, "You're welcome."

"Good night."

Standing in the doorway, Megan leaned forward and quickly kissed Alexus lightly, "Good night."

* * *

Over the next several weeks, the two girls saw each other quite often outside of class. They were becoming quite close. Those who knew of Megan's lifestyle were mixed, some supposing there was a secret, torrid affair going on and the rest wondering at their friend's apparently celibate relationship.

For Megan, this was a friendship and the beginning of a true intimacy she had wanted for so long. While she still wanted Alexus sexually, she cherished their closeness. The shy girl was quickly becoming her best friend and closest confidante.

For Alexus, this was the first true friendship she'd had outside of her family. While she had acquaintances in high school and college, none were as important to her as Megan. The fun-loving girl was helping her realize there was a lot more in life she wanted to experience.

The two influenced each other in other ways as well. While not over-doing it, Megan occasionally like to dress to catch others' eyes. It had started when she had her navel pierced a few years before. She started wearing shirts and blouses too small for her to show off her midriff. Then short-shorts in warm weather and very tight jeans at other times. Nothing that different than most other young adults.

Since meeting Alexus, she wore slightly more demure clothing. No flashy colors or too-tight tops and pants. But, she reasoned, she'd be going out into the real world soon and should be ready. A small part of her consciousness knew she wanted to share some things only with Alexus...if the other girl ever got over her nervousness.

Alexus had also changed her appearance but it was a much more noticeable change. Gone were the ultra-tight hair buns. She still often wore it pinned up but it was softer and looser. And, after Megan showed her how, she let some strands hang alongside her face softly framing it. She also began to use a touch of makeup, mainly lip gloss.

The overall effect was enough to cause heads to turn. Some of her fellow students had no idea this emerging beauty was the quietly mousy librarians' aide that was often found buried in the Stacks.

The brunette's clothing was improving as well. Megan took her shopping a couple of times and insisted on specific clothes for the girl. In deference to her still repressed self-image, Megan let her get longer skirts but not the burlap-sack style (as the young blonde jokingly called Alexus' wardrobe). Alexus even had some tops that she never thought she'd dare wear in public - clinging sweaters and pastel shirts with more than a hint of cleavage.

Soon enough, she found herself wearing those clothes as she shared a lunch or dinner and drinks with Megan. But, true to her years of shyness, she never noticed the admiring glances from others around them. Fortunately, she did notice how Megan seemed to appreciate her new look.

Alexus found her thoughts often turning to Megan. These thoughts weren't always mere friendship. She had never forgotten the kisses they had shared. And the times that Megan had touched her face or hair as they worked together to enhance Alexus' natural beauty were seared into the brunette's memory.

At one time, when they were clothes shopping, she had tried on a more daring dress than she could ever imagine wearing in public. It was backless and low-cut in front with a long skirt slit nearly to her waist. When Alexus had meekly exited the dressing room, after giving into Megan's teasing dare to try the dress on, she saw how the blonde's eyes flashed. Saw the suppressed desire there.

It was all she could do not to masturbate in the dressing room. But she more than made up for that in the quiet of her room at night.

Some of her fantasies had been supplemented by visits to some on-line erotic story sites. She had often visited them before but had mainly read the het stories. Before meeting Megan, her interests turned to the bisexual stories.

Those interested her more than the straight sex stories until some man entered the action. Finally, after meeting Megan and subconsciously giving in to the truth, she started to read the lesbian stories almost exclusively. She found these excited her the most. And gave her fuel for her late-night fantasy excursions.

All of her masturbatory fantasies now involved women. Long-haired women. Short-haired women. Tall women, short women, buxom women, slim women. Blondes, brunettes, red heads. But all had Megan's lovely face.

Well over a month after their friendship began, Alexus was down in the Stacks, putting up returned books. While she liked working the various desks now, she still felt most comfortable surrounded by the shelves and shelves of books.

This time she was in a hurry. She was meeting Megan for dinner. But, if she kept up her courage, it would lead a special desert.

Blushing and giggling at her own double entendre, Alexus didn't notice Megan's arrival.

"What's so funny?"

"OH!" Alexus shrieked. "Megan! You scared me!"

"I'm sorry."

"It's okay." Alexus giggled again.

"So, what's so funny?"

Alexus blushed and scanned the area around them. Seeing no one, not unusual on late Saturday afternoon, she quickly kissed Megan.

"Oh! What was that for?"

Smiling, Alexus said, "You know what we were... A few weeks ago... You know... I was scared and you..."

"When we kissed," Megan said. If she hadn't, Alexus could've stumbled over her words for another five minutes. It was cute but Megan wanted to know what she had to say.

"Yes. Well, I think... That is, I know I'm... Oh God, why is this so hard to say?"

Megan stepped up and placed her hands lightly on Alexus' shoulders. "Are you sure?"

Not daring to speak again, Alexus simply nodded.

Megan's hands slid down to the middle of the girl's back and pulled her close. "I have wanted you for so long..."

They kissed. As before, it was long, slow and quietly simmering. And, as before, Alexus felt her loins afire with need and want.

Quietly intense, the couple fused together as one, tongues dancing and moving from one mouth to the other, tasting and probing and delighting.

A loud thump jerked Megan back. "What's that?"

Alexus, her mouth still burning with pleasure, managed to reply, "Just one of the heating ducts. It's an old building..."

"Okay..." Megan drawled, relieved. She kissed Alexus again, her tongue thrusting and playing with the other girl's.

Finally, after long, quiet minutes of passionate kissing, Megan pulled back.

"You're sure you're ready?"

Alexus nodded again, touching her lips and smiling.

"Good. Then can I ask you a favor?"

Finding her voice, Alexus replied hoarsely, "Y-yes."

"Alexus, can I fulfill one of my fantasies here and now?"

Megan looked apprehensive but nodded. She was learning to trust and knew she could trust her friend. And lover?