All Comments on 'Boosted Pt. 10'

by SanityCheck

Sort by:
  • 20 Comments
chytownchytown19 days ago

*****Nice wrap-up to a very entertaining story. Hoping for more chapters. Thanks for sharing.

Boyd PercyBoyd Percy19 days ago

Great, ending to your story! I hope you write more stories about Sean and his crew.

5

Lector77Lector7719 days ago

Thanks. Good storytelling.

pepepilotpepepilot19 days ago

So many mixed feelings as this story ended. I don't want to just rant and rave, but now the question is "What story do I have to look forward too, with my first cup of coffee. LoL.

Well written, entertaining and a credit to SC. Thank you, and yes, job well done and worth every star I could give it.

Bluesea00Bluesea0019 days ago

Good work.Also a good end.

SlithyToveSlithyTove19 days ago

Simply marvelous. That said, I'm very disappointed that the series is over, as I've definitely gotten attached to these characters and this situation. I hope they keep talking to you and let you know there's more to tell.

KeithW66KeithW6618 days ago

What a great conclusion, will there be more crimes that Sean, with Maggie assistance need to solve? But it was a great series, very enjoyable to read.

AnonymousAnonymous18 days ago

Please write more stories about Sean and the Brunswick police service, and of cause maggie.

You’re onto a real winner with this series.

I must admit, I look every day for the next chapter.

They are exciting, and very well written, so come on, we need more, thanks, Mike. Uk.

AnonymousAnonymous18 days ago

Nice story, way to go, Abbyville needs to be integrated too after all.

AnonymousAnonymous18 days ago

What Boyd said! More. We want more.

AnonymousAnonymous18 days ago

Very Good. I was hoping he would introduce Cotton to Bubbabut that might have been too much

R1763R176318 days ago

5 stars!!

Hope you write more of the Sean McGhee Mysteries all 3 are in my favorites list.

AnonymousAnonymous18 days ago

I'm disappointed mister plod plod plod went to a brute force password cracker so quickly. His background is IT, and investigation of IT crimes. It shows with the method used to access the information on CJ's laptop by removing the hard drive and bypassing the OS password requirement, but then stops with the encrypted zip file. Symbol substitution is pretty common, as is creating rainbow tables of possible passwords based on a keyword or words, to pipe into a brute force password cracker.

Still plod plod plod, plus some lucky breaks (a mobile phone, an inadvertent admission, and a timely password crack) got there in the end, and made for a very enjoyable read. 5s all the way from me.

Lastly, part of the enjoyment came from a story that wasn't riddled with spelling mistakes. I find them quite jarring to the flow of a story, and I'm afraid you and your editors have let one (out of about two hundred and seventy thousand opportunities to do so) through in this, the last chapter. On page one, descent instead of decent in the paragraph on moving furniture.

SanityCheckSanityCheck18 days agoAuthor

[I'm disappointed mister plod plod plod went to a brute force password cracker so quickly. His background is IT, and investigation of IT crimes. It shows with the method used to access the information on CJ's laptop by removing the hard drive and bypassing the OS password requirement, but then stops with the encrypted zip file. Symbol substitution is pretty common, as is creating rainbow tables of possible passwords based on a keyword or words, to pipe into a brute force password cracker.

Still plod plod plod, plus some lucky breaks (a mobile phone, an inadvertent admission, and a timely password crack) got there in the end, and made for a very enjoyable read. 5s all the way from me.

Lastly, part of the enjoyment came from a story that wasn't riddled with spelling mistakes. I find them quite jarring to the flow of a story, and I'm afraid you and your editors have let one (out of about two hundred and seventy thousand opportunities to do so) through in this, the last chapter. On page one, descent instead of decent in the paragraph on moving furniture.]

.

Rainbow Tables don't work on ZIP files because ZIP files are encrypted. The password is the encryption key and there is no hash to compare to the rainbow table. Yes, he could have used a mask or dictionary attacks, but since Sean had no idea what the password might be, the mask wouldn't work at all, and the dictionary attack probably wouldn't have worked. In the case of the story, it WOULDN'T have worked because the password in the story almost certainly wouldn't have been in a dictionary.

.

I edit my own stories, so if there are mistakes, that's all on me.

.

SC

WhitewaterbumWhitewaterbum18 days ago

Great trilogy !Definely needs another couple of cases till you get them married. Especially enjoyed the daily chapters. Makes following story so much easier!. Wish more authors followed your example.. As they say in Beantown “ wicked story and author”

dgfergiedgfergie18 days ago

Still a great series, hope he gets the goods on the safe stealers in the future. Nice laid back romance and no long sex scenes as the story doesn't need them. I wish other writers in this category realize that pages and pages of descriptive sex scenes are unnecessary with a good story. 5 stars

BulldogfortyfourBulldogfortyfour17 days ago

An excellent series! I would love to see a continuing line of stories on the well crafted characters you have created.

Thank you for sharing. 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

sdc97230sdc9723015 days ago

I know this was supposed to be a three-story series, but there's still the neighboring town of Abbyville for Sean's police force to tackle...

LitCritLitCrit14 days ago

There is definitely room to expand the trilogy into a series! You have created some compelling characters and locales, and, as noted above, Abbyville needs to be brought into the fold. Also, you can't let Cotton get off scot free. Please register another vote for MORE!

GeorgiaRedeyeGeorgiaRedeye14 days ago

Thank you for sharing your writing with us. This is excellent read, and one I hope you consider continuing. I'm sure it is possible for an author to get tired of his characters, after a time, but this story line has almost no expiration date. Yes, sooner or later he would have to retire, but, you have already set the table for that to be 20 years down the line. The fire chief was pretty long in the tooth, as I remember. This series was the first of your works that I have read, but I will be moving on to your others. This was a well written and well edited story, and those are quite rare on this site. I have to say, I was disappointed with Chip leaving for Raleigh, but you laid the groundwork for that early on in the story. Fish and Chips was such a good pairing. It was a shame to see that pair split up. Perhaps, if you continue with these characters, Chip can come back when Brunswick PD takes over policing in Abbyville. By then the police force should be large enough to offer a better compensation package to help reduce the turnover. By no means am I trying to dictate what direction your story should take, just kind of how I imagine it could play out in the unwritten future. Again, thank you for sharing this well thought out, and well written, story.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userSanityCheck@SanityCheck
851 Followers
You may read my multi-part submissions with confidence as all my stories are complete before the first part is published. I typically publish near the first of the month. There may be occasional exceptions, but generally if there is no new story by the seventh, there won't b...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES