All Comments on 'Booty Shorts - Beyond The Red Room'

by BrokenSpokes

Sort by:
  • 22 Comments
silveraidersilveraiderover 2 years ago

I've been a Marvel fan since I was 14 which, as I've just retired, also means I've been a Marvel fan for a long time. I enjoyed Black Widow (even if the grand finale was over done) but I really liked this short story set in that super-spy genre. And I liked the characters you created here (no surprise there). So please forgive me for suggesting this but... now you've written the origin story, I think these two deserve their own comic! A mission to Africa to free another sister that gets darker and deeper when they find out what this particular sister was involved in. And allows you to develop their relationship. Just a thought if you were looking for a new story after you conclude the Journey... And thank you for a fun read.

jackie_emjackie_emover 2 years ago

I enjoyed the story and am glad Chhaya survived. You always craft interesting stories.

metroalmametroalmaover 2 years ago

MCU not my thing so the first few paragraphs were a bit WTF. Thank you google for the link. then the story . . . we should all be so blessed as to be able to write half so well when blocked!

AnyMooseAnyMooseover 2 years ago

Quite different & very nice; thank you. Take a break if you need it or wander down a few other side roads in your writing journey; Viv & Jane will tell you the rest of their story when the time is right. You're one of the best writers on the site; quantity and speed aren't near as important as quality. Thanks!

Slurpy29Slurpy29over 2 years ago

I’m a true Marvel fan and you did a fantastic job with this story. Enjoyed it very much. I read your profile update and just want to let you know how much I appreciate you sharing and volunteering great stories. Thx.

MaonaighMaonaighover 2 years ago
The spies who came in from the cold...

...eventually. Chhaya was right, you can never check your weapons too often (said the old soldier knowingly). And nothing was spoiled for me because I know very little about Marvel Comics and even less about the Black Widow. Having got that off my chest: your preamble was right, your first Booty Short was filthy, very filthy... but funny. This story is pure gold and I loved it. I don't know if it calls for a sequel or a follow-up with other characters---best perhaps to allow them to rest in peace, to let the heroines open their bakery or flower shop and live the quiet life for evermore. A truly first-rate piece of work, Spokes. I salute you.

AwkwardMDAwkwardMDover 2 years ago

Fantastic. Blew through this like a hurricane. Totally agree with the above commenter as well. This could be a lovely series, as the premise lends itself to any number of situations and complications.

lilshymynxlilshymynxover 2 years ago

Amazing story, as usual!! I know very little of the MCU, I've seen some movies, but I don't know story arcs or anything of the sort and it didn't affect my enjoyment of this. This was awesome, tho! Thanks as always for sharing your stories with us 'Spokes! <3

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Luckily I found this story. Very interesting and enjoyable story. As are all your posts. Looking forward for your next.

SB

Bleep735Bleep735over 2 years ago

I don’t usually read fan fiction, but this was delightful. I think you captured the tone of the movie and made a fun addition to their world. Thank you!

lak1910lak1910over 2 years ago

everything you write always is so good! you have a knack for making the charactors some alive in a way not many writers can

ArmyGal33ArmyGal33over 2 years ago

I’m glad I didn’t have to get into a fight with you over your ending.

LaurenrAusLaurenrAusover 2 years ago

I don’t usually read fan fiction but thought I would give it a go seeing though it was something you wrote. Really enjoyable read! Your characters always seem so real. I imagine writing fight scenes would be difficult but you did it well. Thank you for gifting us with more of your work.

MurseDMurseDover 2 years ago

Haven’t seen the movie yet but did enjoy this story. I’m sure I’m one of many eagerly waiting the next chapter of Journey, and maybe writing stories like this will help it come to you.

skillmanskillmanover 2 years ago

I love everything you write. You have a way of making the characters come alive. They say things I would say. It's hard to to understand how you do it. Keep it going.

LilyVonSchtuppLilyVonSchtuppover 2 years ago
Nice read

This was an enjoyable read. Well written, interesting story, and kept to the feel of the Black Widow movie. Nicely done.

I'm sure the next phase in the Viv and Jane saga will come to you eventually. Whenever your name pops up with a new story, I know I will enjoy it. So please, keep them coming. Whether they be Booty shorts, a continuation of an existing storyline, or a new series. Always a pleasure to read.

Thank you for sharing your talents with us.

shayneoneshayneoneover 2 years ago

iv been a fan for a while but this was a change of pace i could not get enough i smiled at the happy ending be well happy and safe a fan shayne

FranziskaSissyFranziskaSissyover 2 years ago

I had no expactions reading this new story, ONLY JUST ANOTHER 5 star fabulous tale as usual ...... And im so sorry, its just 💝💝💝💝💖💝💖💖 ten hearts instead

Runner4069Runner4069over 2 years ago

Very different writing from you, and not being a Marvel person I have no idea what the hell the background of this is, but it was a good read none the less and would make for a very good start of a movie script for sure! Thanks for sharing!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Brilliant, like all your work. I took your advice and saw the movie first. Thanks for that, even though I felt like I had to do homework before the reward of a treat from my favorite author on the site! JD

quitewronglyquitewronglyover 2 years ago

It was a funny thing to realize that I was watching the new Hawkeye show hoping that nothing in it would somehow prevent this story from being... well, head canon, at least. You have a deft touch with both romance and action and I thoroughly enjoyed this :)

ScloseeScloseeover 2 years ago

I love this beautiful story! I’ve been waiting for other stories from your universe and resisted reading this. Huge mistake. I will definitely add this in my collection of stories to reread while I wait for new stories from my favorite authors. Thank you for sharing your talent with us

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userBrokenSpokes@BrokenSpokes
My author friends AwkwardMD and Omenainen's collaborative account AwkwardApple415 have released a new story today, The Most Mysterious Song. Go check it out and show them some love! It's a sweet little tale. ~~~~~~~~~~ Hello, and welcome to my author bio page. I'm Spokes, an...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES