All Comments on 'Boss Nanny Ch. 08'

by Mrsgnomie

Sort by:
  • 8 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Glad you’re back.

curiousaudreycuriousaudreyabout 3 years ago

Matt is such a dummy my god! How could he be so smart and yet so ugh... Seamus is a good man chile

Thanks for updating!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Loving the series!!! More please!

LASFSEALASFSEAabout 3 years ago
Kase knows- big step!

This was a very good chapter. I am so happy Kase knows about Matt and Seamus. I am already hesitant about Matt spending the summer with his dad and finding an apartment before his final year. The next few chapters will be intense as only you can write them! Hope all is well.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

I wonder if Matt might figure out he might actually need to offer something back in this new relationship? Something more meaningful than just hot sex! There is certainly a maturity gab between these two! I feel sad for Seamus, I would feel completely used!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Matt’s immaturity is hard to take. Yes he’s 21 but he’s not a typical college guy by a long shot. He needs to start thinking, acting and communicating like an adult and a parent. On one hand, he is quick to accept free nannying, the unconditional love and care for Aiden, flexible work benefits, unique treatment on the job, on-call transportation, a kick-ass 21st bash, an immediate apartment when he needed one, a very sweet rent on said apartment, support and help moving and going thru the adoption, and finally the sexual and relationship benefits that he’s enjoying from Seamus. Yet on the other hand, he doesn’t care or respect Seamus enough to intelligently talk about his desire to spend the summer with his dad, to get his own place next school year, to establish some independence, to financially support himself and Aiden. It’s not that any of that is wrong at all but Matt didn’t have the emotional and relationship maturity to even think that any of that mattered and he needed to discuss it with Seamus. He just dropped the bomb casually and acted like Seamus should’ve known and be ok with it all. Seamus really deserves so much more than Matt can give him and Matt needs a sharp slap in the face that his raising of Aiden is going to be fucking hard if he doesn’t wise up and realize he simply can’t do this on his own. He needs to appreciate, value, respect, and reciprocate is some way all the things Seamus is willingly giving him. It’s going to fuckin’ suck if Aiden starts talking and walking, etc while they are apart from Seamus. Matt is being a clueless asshat.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Anon 1 year ago,

You're being very harsh on a 21-year-old here. If you remember about his background, his mother isn't exactly the best parental figure due to how young when she gave birth to him. We don't know how much contact he had with his father after the divorce, nor do we know when he chose staying with his father either. That alone means that his growth so far has a lot of questionable detail in it.

How much does he need to compensate for that parental situation? How much did he miss for growing up without a proper parental figure to guide him through it? The fact that he seems to be extremely new on dealing with a relationship is a clear sign of that, and not to mention that he's dating someone 8 years older than him so that further amplifies the problem on the lines of thought between a college student and an older businessman who was married beforehand.

Yes, Matt got that annoying trope of being severely dense, but we don't knoe much about Seamus either. It felt unfair to be that harsh on Matt when he's literally adapting to growing up as a single parent with no guidance, when I feel that Seamus himself needs to convey his thoughts a bit more rather than being mad and going radio silent for a while. Of course, Seamus might also have some issues due to his past marriage, since we really don't know if the marriage is a completely happy one or there are still some uncomfortable secrets that come along with it. It just seems like another scenario where the main protagonist is a bit too early to be in a relationship when he has a lot more stuff to juggle than the other college students.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Also isn't it funny that the first paragraph of the next chapter slapped you silly with your comment? In fact, anon, you literally forgot the details on Matt moving in with Seamus. Did you not remember Matt negotiating a lot befre agreeing to it? That means he knows that he doesn't want to make use of Seamus' help either. Seems like communicating a bit clearly is the solution here, not your stupid accusations.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userMrsgnomie@Mrsgnomie
546 Followers
Just writing stories a few people want to read.

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES