All Comments on 'Boss Nanny Ch. 09'

by Mrsgnomie

Sort by:
  • 5 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Each chapter points out how immature and clueless Matt is. I’ll admit he recovered the I’m moving out conversation more maturely but that was damage control after he’d botched it so bad. And for his inner monologue to say “I didn’t do anything wrong...” says so much. He did do things wrong by not communicating, setting expectations, assuming, and then callously dropping it on Seamus with no discussion or gratitude for the actual shit-ton on support and help Seamus has given him.

Then because Matt felt uncomfortable and jealous of Seamus’ friendships (when he should have been ecstatic that he had such great friends), he slides off with again no communication and sits at the bar with a stranger for nearly an hour. Who does that when you’re on a date, don’t have much more time together before he leaves, is supposed to be getting to know his friends?? Even not knowing Seamus’ history and what a colossal asshole Kelly was, why would Matt behave this way and think that was ok. And to say “oh I just lost track of time” proves my point. Talking to a stranger and ignoring Seamus made him lose track of time instead of spending that time with Seamus?!

It’s really hard to like Matt. Sure he’s great with Aiden but he seems like he’s using Seamus and not giving him back what he truly needs and deserves. And it’s not just an age thing - Matt just needs to be a much better boyfriend!

LASFSEALASFSEAabout 3 years ago
Complex issues

This was very telling chapter regarding Seamus and his history. I am glad Matt was informed and took adult action. It was great for Matt to meet his friends and they spend time with him. I think it helped Matt realize Seamus has friends who love and care about him. I hope this changes Matt's attitude so he is more understanding of the insecurities of Seamus. There was tension in this chapter but also genuine care and concern. Great writing. Go Hawks!

sm1982sm1982over 2 years ago

Love Seamus’ friends! And why are some readers complaining about Matt, calling him immature? He’s in college and 21..he’s at the typical age where many are lost in their own lil worlds and figuring out what they want in life. He's actually doing pretty well for someone going to school FT, having a PT job AND raising his barely 1-year-old brother. Immaturity would be whining/bitching/complaining about having to take care of his brother, losing his apt so him and Aidan have nowhere to live, getting fired because he never shared how husband personal life was affecting him getting to work on time/skipping work to sleep..

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Honestly it gets overwhelming to hang out with popular rich guys. Damn Matt handled well I guess..

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Anon 1 year ago,

Is this just you being insecure about how much more immature you are when you were at Matt's age? The guy has a lot of baggage as I said before to what I'm sure was your same dumb comment in the previous chapter.

Him being a single parent not on bmhis own choice, lacking parental guidance to the mother being too young when she had him, the divorce. That's a lot to handle, and that tends to halt Matt from focusing on other stuff such as having a relationship and be a "great boyfriend."

Everyone has faults, and it's just unreasonable to think all 21-year-old kids have to be perfect. In fact, I doubt you've been in college either. Do you even know the behaviors of college students? They are still learning on how to get through life as they hit adulthood, so of course it's expected for him to be really dense and inexperienced in romance.

The only thing that needs to be a solution is you should be an unbiased reader and maybe get some brain cells to analyze the characters before forcing your unrealistic expectations.

Also, poor Seamus. I expected there's something wrong with his marriage. Some of his actions make more sense, but it's a bit sad that he's not the one explaining about it to Matt. Must be a very traumatic experience that he compensates by saying Kelly was a great husband.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous