All Comments on 'Boss Nanny Ch. 10'

by Mrsgnomie

Sort by:
  • 7 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

This chapter felt like it was filled with dread. They agree to be exclusive - makes me wonder if Matt will cheat? Absence makes the heart grow fonder - makes me wonder if the mice will play while the cats at home? It’s only two months - ALOT can happen in two months! And not just between Matt and Seamus - but Aiden will change ALOT including major milestones like talking and walking - and Seamus will miss it all. It is heartbreaking! The paragraph about Seamus being upset that Matt was leaving and didn’t seem to care about it like Seamus did emphasized how ill-equipped Matt is in having proactive adult conversations. If the part about spending time with Brad is sincere, then why is this just being expressed moments before he’s leaving? It rings hollow at that point. Why wasn’t that discussed way before? Matt even says “sorry we didn’t talk about this before...”. Uh yeah, like adults in loving relationships who are basically co-parenting a kid together do? Speaking of parent, the fact that Matt has legally adopted Aiden and is in fact his dad seems to escape him. He is biologically his half-brother but in all ways he is his father! So act like it and stop behaving like a college babysitter!! When Seamus pushed him to not be called Matt and said “you’re the only father he’ll ever know” it pained me. I hope Aiden knows both Matt and Seamus as his fathers as he grows up, but like I said at the top, this chapter makes me feel dread that may not be.

LASFSEALASFSEAabout 3 years ago
MATT is growing up

I feel so good about this chapter. I see growth in Matt and Seamus- not to mention the sex is great. Seamus is so thoughtful and generous and I do think Matt is being more respectful in the relationship and commitment to monogamy. The SUV will get them back to see Seamus more and I agree with Matt that spending time with his dad was important. I wished Matt had explained that prior in the discussions. Anyway, well written with love of the character and looking forward to the future. I don't feel the trepidation that something terrible is going to happen, at least for now.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Aidan is not the only one glaring at him!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Really love this story! Can't wait for the next parts 'till the happy ending (I hope for)

sm1982sm1982over 2 years ago

Don’t know why Matt would opt to go to his dad’s for the summer when he’s going into his senior year, has a job and a place to live with his boyfriend. His father is literally an hour away, he could go for weekends/few days during the week IF he misses dad but hell, he’s going to miss Seamus a lot and realize it wasn’t necessary for him to be back at his dad’s for the entire summer.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Sm1982,

Might just be Matt thinking it's the best solution to sort things out, especially on how Seamus did so much for him yet Matt hasn't done anything on the same scale to make them equal. Regardless if this is right or wrong doesn't matter, since this tends to be an intrusive thought similar to how some of us tend to self-deprecate ourselves. At least both of them knew that communication needs to be done a bit earlier to avoid something like this in the near future.

Anon 1 year ago,

Are you the same one hating on Matt for being immature for a 21-year-old? I think you left your brain somewhere or you just don't have one. The one talking about being exclusive is Matt, he's the one offering the idea to Seamus in the first place. How in the world did you come up that he will cheat? Really need some common sense there, pal.

Besides, that communication issue is addressed. Matt admitted he should have addressed it earlier, so what's the problem there? They are learning from their mistakes, while you are acting like an annoying parental figure that wants perfection from the get go.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Also sm1982,

Around that age, folks tend to want to be independent. Sure, he got a great life right now but it's difficult to not have thoughts that one feels too pampered from it, as if they can't do anything without the one giving them all the help. Then, Matt has to deal with his insecurity and his dense nature too, so a short term of separation can work just fine for both him and Seamus.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous