All Comments on 'Boss Nanny Ch. 11'

by Mrsgnomie

Sort by:
  • 13 Comments
DragonflyRobin29DragonflyRobin29about 3 years ago

Aargh! I really hoped you were not going to do this to us this time. Seamus showing up at the club was his declaration of love...how could Matt miss that, if he has a long string of failed relationships behind him? There are so many real obstacles for them...age difference, power dynamics, responsibility for Aidan...failing to see that Seamus is in love with him is not necessary. At least he’s planning to talk with his dad.

armplasmaarmplasmaabout 3 years ago

Maybe it's different culture, but I'm still surprised by how little help Brad is giving Matt, and how ok Matt is with his condition. If it happens to me (or anyone I know), I would imagine my father would do so much more so I could prioritize my study. Or at the least help me more financially so I don't need to do part-time job, especially since Brad seems to live a comfortable life.

MrsgnomieMrsgnomieabout 3 years agoAuthor

Matt also has money from life insurance and Brad has offered to help. Matt wants to figure things out in his own. Not dipping in to resources is a choice he is making. It could be a cultural thing. It could be a Matt thing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

So first the positives of this chapter. Seamus got to see Aiden’s first steps although he had teetered around a bit before that. Plus I loved that Seamus topped Matt - frankly to me this seems more natural given their energies - at least a very active vers arrangement. But this was clearly the first time for them (since Matt hadn’t bottomed for 2 years). Like everything in their relationship this kinda just happened with little or no discussion which seem a little disappointing. I hope this happens more.

Then the shit hit the fan - Matt has to be the MOST clueless guy on the planet to not realize that Seamus is in live with him. Everything he does makes that obvious. And for Matt to not feel that way back - given all they’ve been through and how he’s been treated and supported by Seanus- is a bit hard to believe. Matt says he’s told others he’s loved them before and gone bare with them and it didn’t work out. So? How many of them have given of themselves freely to Matt like Seamus has, emotionally, physically, financially and with/for Aiden? How many has he lived with and co-parented with? To even compare Seamus to the literal boys that Matt has known is ludicrous. I can see why Seamus is pissed, hurt, and even feeling misled and used. Matt is clearly in danger of losing all he ahs with Seamus if he keeps is head lodged firmly in his clueless ass! And then to tell his friends who he hasn’t seen forever so much intimate details - instead of sticking around and having more mature honest communications with Seamus is a huge part of their problem!! Honestly if Matt doesn’t know if he loves Seamus by now then he needs to branch out on his own and make it alone. He is so fuckin’ unaware of all the is a sitting right in front of him unappreciated. To date, Matt is written like a very immature, entitled boy although he has accepted very adult responsibilities and needs to get his act together. Also it peeves me that Matt does not seem to be spending much time bonding with Brad (as he’d said was the primary reason for moving back) but instead desperately trying to hold onto his partying ways with his HS buds and then struggling with his parental responsibilities due to hangovers. Please grow up, Matt, before you find you’ve missed the best boat and it’s gone.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Life is complicated, but everyone of your stories end up with to many misunderstandings and, people jumping to conclusions without discussing things with there boyfriends. To much drama, I just don’t think you understand how a gay guys mind works, there’s probably more insecurities and jealousy between two guys trying to have a relationship than straight relationships.. just my opinion , not saying I’m right, that’s been my experience so far though..

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Matt is a young fun loving college kid who was yanked into maturity in a flash second during a babysitting session. This kid is understandably going through (maturity) growing pains. He wants to enjoy being a college kid and yet, he meets a much more mature partner, who is beginning to control his and his brother’s life, no doubt with the best intentions in mind. Knowing the author, we have to be prepared for some earthquakes ( well maybe tremors), it I have no doubt that, at the end, there will be balance in Matt, Seamus and Aiden’s lives. Well done Mrs. Gnomie.

RikAlAdRikAlAdabout 3 years ago

There is such a special skill in any author being able to inform their readers just through the dialogue their characters speak. This author has an excess of that skill. How DO you accurately define when the "L Word" moment is shared equally? I have felt the freeze Matt recognized the minute he told Seamus they weren't even at the "I Love You stage". I have never known a relationship to survive that freeze, but I hope this one does for all involved. I am eager to read the next installment. I will have my fingers crossed until then.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

For Matt not to know that Seamus loves him by now is ridiculous and he has been in relationships before so he knows love even if it was fake before. Also, Matt needs a wake up call. Love this story!

sm1982sm1982over 2 years ago

The best part about this chapter was Aidan and his interaction with Seamus. It’s weird reading a chapter where Matt is supposed to be clueless about Seamus’ feelings for him when he’s done so much for him and Aidan.. How could he not have realized a long time ago that Seamus loved him? And what’s with these hs friends Matt hasn’t hanged out with in a long time giving him advice from outside knowing Seamus and basically telling him he never would’ve dated Seamus without him taking care of Aidan? He’s a great man, NO FRIEND should tell their friend to be hesitant about a great man. Seamus has done absolutely nothing to cause this ridiculous hesitancy in Matt. I’m a woman and I’m just rolling my eyes at how this story is going in a terrible direction when this unnecessary drama didn’t need to exist.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I understand Matt. A lot has been going on in his life and right now. He’s in college with a kid. Seamus needs to understand and wait for him.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

To the comment below from sm1882. Exactly you’re a woman which why u may not understand what’s going on in Matt’s mind. Matt is still a college kid while Seamus is 29 yrs old adult. Having a baby at the age is a lot. On top of that him relying that much on Seamus is very bad idea. I think Matt has very strong feelings for him. But that doesn’t mean he has jump into a commitment. Imagine he moved in and made a commitment to him but something happens and they fall apart. What would happen to Matt? What would happen to aiden who already got attached to Seamus? He needs to be self dependent. He needs to have his own safe space.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Sm1982,

I'm actually a bit disappointed with your takes in this series. Your takes were great during Tied Up in Knotts series, and it just deteriorates here. You were very great on not being biased on Nash and Penn, that it baffles me that you just can't comprehend the pains of being forced to be a single parent when Matt barely hit the age of 21.

This is the first time we got the details on why his past relationships went bad. He always got too deep a bit too fast than it's supposed to be, so him being dense is not entirely accurate now. He's actually playing it really slow because he can't trust himself anymore, especially with how much Seamus did so far.

Also, using the woman card is dumb. Everyone has issues like these, especially when they just hit adulthood. What is the major issue here is how you seem to have damaged your brain since the last time I saw your comments in Knotts series, which is a major disappointment.

Anon 1 year ago,

How is Matt entitled at this point? You're the one being entitled telling to grow up all the time without bothering to understand his perspective which is extremely common for folks at that age. Get your idiotic existence away for good.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Sm1982,

Ah, no wonder. Double-checked and you seemed to read that series after this time, which I hope is a positive development on your reading efforts. Saw that woman card being used there in a less extreme comment, but I just don't see why your gender has anything to do with how the story needs to be perceived. Just say your opinion without the need to say "I'm female btw" since it just seems like a detail that doesn't add anything to the context.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userMrsgnomie@Mrsgnomie
Just writing stories a few people want to read.

story TAGS

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES