All Comments on 'Boss Nanny Ch. 17'

by Mrsgnomie

Sort by:
  • 8 Comments
BlowPopJBlowPopJalmost 3 years ago
Awww

Poor Matt. Aiden will snap out of it soon hopefully.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Matt has issues. He made the decision to move out to a separate apartment, chose to work 2 jobs, and now when Aidan is behaving like a normal child, he is not coping. I feel sorry for Seamus. Maybe Matt should give up rights to Aidan, let Seamus adopt him and Matt go on his way as he is regressing from adulthood.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I feel so bad for Aidan. He just wants Seamus to parent him, let it happen.

Pitbull86Pitbull86almost 3 years ago

Feels like Aidan resents Matt is because he keeps pulling him away from the other person Aidan considers a father.

If they lived together earlier I don't think this would've happened.

Instead Matt moved them both away just so he can get drunk with some buddies during summer, still keeps them living in separate apartments and puts Aidan in a daycare even though Seamus wants to care for him.

Matt is still too young himself of course, so you can excuse these decisions, but I hope he grows up fast.

Pitbull86Pitbull86almost 3 years ago

Now that I think about it, It's called Boss Nanny but ironically Aidan sees Matt as a Nanny and Seamus as his father.

AkshunLoveAkshunLovealmost 3 years ago
Aiden is entering the terrible twos

I think Matt is doing the right thing. At the age of two is when children become more aware of their surroundings and they gain the first steps of independence. However, they also have to realise the world doesn’t revolve around them and they have to learn respect. If you’re constantly capitulating and coddling a child because of tantrums, the child will fail to learn that lesson, which is probably the most important lesson he’ll ever learn. Aiden can’t have his cake and eat it too. He can’t take his newfound independence while also expecting everyone to cater to his every whim. People who don’t learn this lesson as a toddler become selfish narcissists in adulthood. Children have to learn that they can’t control everyone and they must have an example of a healthy romantic relationship. Say what you want but two parents who exclusively interact with a child and don’t prioritise their marriage is not a healthy relationship.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

I'm captivated by this story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Anon 1 year ago,

What is wrong with you? It seems that you're the same anon that has this strongly negative bias on Matt no matter what. It's been so many chapters covering both Matt and Seamus.

Matt being insecure as a 21-year-old that is forced into being a single parent when he's not supposed to at that age, and then him communicating both his and Seamus' issues on the table. How is he regressing on adulthood? This is his first time taking care of a baby, for goodness sake. How is he being overwhelmed with Aidan's tantrums as "failing as an adult"?

Either you are not thinking properly, or you have massive brain damage, or you must be crazily entitled to come up with that kind of conclusion. You don't sound smart with that comment, you know? More like a whining "adult wannabe."

Pitbull86,

Mistakes have been made, and it's normal for anyone to mess up and learn from it, right? Bringing it up on Matt's face after this many chapters or to tell him to "grow up fast" doesn't help anybody, though, considering that Matt and Seamus have talked it out in a much more understanding manner about it. Let's not forget that all of this is new for him. No matter how prepared you are, dealing with your first kid's tantrums is always going to be a whole new experience.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous